Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climate Control

I'm a bit baffled by the climate control system... gotta study the manual I guess.

But from what I tell there is no way to run the "vents" (not recirculating) with the fans on. As soon as I turn the fan on, the AUTO seems to kick in (and therefore the A/C).

How do I just turn on the fan with the vents open without activating the A/C or heat for that matter?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Simply turn the A/C off by pushing the AC button on the right side of the Nav screen. "AC off" will appear in the upper readout panel.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:35 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Repecat
Simply turn the A/C off by pushing the AC button on the right side of the Nav screen. "AC off" will appear in the upper readout panel.
When you turn the A/C off and just run the fan, does the temperature still control the "heater"?

On my old car you could turn the dial from cold (min) to hot (max) to warm the incoming air (with the a/c on or off).

Since the TL has a numerical temp setting (from min to max with degrees in between), can I assume if the temp is set to a mid point (with no a/c) that I will get some heating? Or does the climate control always sense the internal car temperature and heat (or not) depending on the internal temp (or does it only do this in when set to auto?)

I am not used to running the A/C all the time so I prefer to turn it off when I don't need cooling, but still want to regulate the temperature in the cabin.

Thanks for your help.

Steve
Old 09-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Racer

I think you want to turn the A/C off and play with the fan and temp settings. I try to ignore the actual temp number and just lower it if I'm hot, raise it if I'm cold. Yes, it will regulate the warmness or coolness of the air coming out but at a certain point you should hit the setting that keeps you comfortable.

I agree it's often stupid to have the A/C kicking on and off when it's 50 degrees out.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:48 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Andrew McCarthy
I think you want to turn the A/C off and play with the fan and temp settings. I try to ignore the actual temp number and just lower it if I'm hot, raise it if I'm cold. Yes, it will regulate the warmness or coolness of the air coming out but at a certain point you should hit the setting that keeps you comfortable.

I agree it's often stupid to have the A/C kicking on and off when it's 50 degrees out.
Thanks Andrew. I agree that ignoring the actual temp number makes sense. I just wanted to confirm that it will still regulate the warmness / coolness of the air based on the temp setting.

Since I just got the car a couple of months ago I haven't played with the heat (temp) settings too much and am curious as we get into the fall season here in Nova Scotia.

Steve
Old 09-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Also by pushing the "mode" button you'll control which vents are used.

If you have a navi car, you can say, temperature max cold, air conditioner off, climate control full vent, fan speed 2, and that will get you there.

Dave
Old 09-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
Also by pushing the "mode" button you'll control which vents are used.

If you have a navi car, you can say, temperature max cold, air conditioner off, climate control full vent, fan speed 2, and that will get you there.

Dave

I got to try that with my car. You actually remember the verbal commands ??!! It is impressive. Can you say all that in one sentence or do you have to break them up for the voice command to understand you.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:30 PM
GGggWWwwaaahhh...Chewie?!

Ill say pretty darn impressive with remembering the voice commands too. i need to do that one day. i dont think i take enough advantage of that feature.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by smarquis
When you turn the A/C off and just run the fan, does the temperature still control the "heater"?

On my old car you could turn the dial from cold (min) to hot (max) to warm the incoming air (with the a/c on or off).

Since the TL has a numerical temp setting (from min to max with degrees in between), can I assume if the temp is set to a mid point (with no a/c) that I will get some heating? Or does the climate control always sense the internal car temperature and heat (or not) depending on the internal temp (or does it only do this in when set to auto?)

I am not used to running the A/C all the time so I prefer to turn it off when I don't need cooling, but still want to regulate the temperature in the cabin.

Thanks for your help.

Steve
I own a 04 TL non NAV, and I also hate having A/C on all the time. What I do is switch system off, then press the mode button until I get only the vent setting.

Help this works.