3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear bra on NBP, was perfection expecting too much?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clear bra on NBP, was perfection expecting too much?

There is dust under my brand new clear bra in a few places . The car is NBP, so I know it's going to show the most flaws than any other color. The owner of the shop was clear on make a point of that (after the work was done mind you).

The dust makes the car look like it has nicks in these places. I had spent lots of time cleaning up all the swirl marks and touching up the nicks so that this specifically wouldn't happen (nicks showing under the clear).

There's a dust hair under the bra on the right fender, and they agreed to redo that one, but I don't think they are going to redo the front bumper which also has a dust hair and a few pieces of dust in other areas. The ower says it's impossible to be perfect, specifically on NBP and that what I have is a great job.

Am I being too picky for a clear bra on NBP?

Should I demand that they redo the front bumper? If they say no, then what? I've paid $600 of a total $790, $500 = clear bra, $290 full tint. I paid by cc, I guess I could walk and not have the fender redone and take the $190 remaining balance to a different shop for the bumper and fender, but I don't what to be an ass*ole either. I'm not looking to make enemies, just want the best I can get. Then there's the change they will just charge the cc for the remainding balance.

I can't post pics right now because I'm traveling out of town at this time, but I have to post, can't get this off my mind !

Looking forward to your thoughts.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
If there is lint under there, the car was not properly cleaned. I would have them redo it, but i tend to be a bit OCD
Old 10-03-2007, 05:33 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would definitely have them redo it. The fact that you are unhappy is enough of a reason. You know - customer satisfaction? I don't think it's being an asshole to expect them to do the job that they were supposed to do in the first place. Bu if this is something that is made known upfront, or to be expected, then IDK.

Hey, all they can say is "No" right, then you are no worse off than you are now. So try.

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when it comes to installing either tint or clear bra, proper prep work is the most important step before applying. If there is dust under it and it is noticable, you should insist that he redo it properly or give you a big discount on the price for improper prep work.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:52 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I have a clear bra for my TL-S. I have no dust under the bra itself. Was it windy when the installer put it on? Prep is important. A clear bra will never be perfect. I'm a perfectionist myself. Mine had some scratches and swirls that I had to buff out.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can help with this one:

It all comes down to customer satisfaction. If you think somethings wrong then it should be fixed where possible. Period. And dust under film falls under this realm of possible fixable issues.

Dust particles, while hard to avoid, can be mostly eliminated with proper cleaning and careful film handling. The price you paid for this service includes waste! And until you're happy, a reasonable attempt should be made to correct your install.

You have to make sure Clearbra work is done with the utmost care because once its stuck every mistake in the install is going to show, as you now well know.

As a shop owner who's dealt with the most picky of customers I say take it back. (Considering how much this service cost, you have every right to be picky.)

Keep us posted.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys,

The real question I have is whether I should let the same place try again. I don't know if they will do a better job the next time. I've paid $310 out of the $500 job, and I'm just thinking I should take the remaining 190 and go somewhere else to get the piece I'm not happy with fixed.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really think you should let the same guys have a crack at it. It's not an easy process and things like this happen. As long as you're not paying more out of pocket, let them do their thing and work their customer service. They are receptive to helping you, yeah?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by theklassic
I really think you should let the same guys have a crack at it. It's not an easy process and things like this happen. As long as you're not paying more out of pocket, let them do their thing and work their customer service. They are receptive to helping you, yeah?
You know I'm thinking about doing this right? What would you guys do in this case?
Old 10-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Pro

Personally, before you go pay any more money out of pocket...I would definitely go back to the original shop and try what others have suggested. If it isn't fixed to your liking (or they won't fix it), then go to another shop. I guess I just figure...why not try the first place first, the worst you'll get is a 'no'.

my
Old 10-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Acuras Only in

Talk to your original shop & give them a chance to redeem themselves .... LOL

If not, feel free to go somewhere else ... with no guilt ..