My experience was great. I was even offered three bottles of water terse

maybe it's cause I was asian...?
Old 11-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by terse
maybe it's cause I was asian...?
Hahaha

That's the first time I ever saw anyone say something like that and actually mean it.

I really doubt that's the case :P
Old 11-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Awesome to the Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PG2G
Hahaha

That's the first time I ever saw anyone say something like that and actually mean it.

I really doubt that's the case :P

hahaha....
Old 11-05-2004, 11:02 PM
10th Gear

hey todd,

thanks again for setting this up . my car arrived today. showed up a week early. i can't pick it up till sunday though. long 2 days wait.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:30 AM
Cruisin'

My car came in today, too, a month earlier than expected! Got the call from Randall and will be picking up on Sunday. Can't wait!
Old 11-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Racer

Congrats guys What combos did you get?
Old 11-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Awesome to the Max

did i mention that the 05 TL is awesome?
Old 11-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Cruisin'

I'll be picking up my AT/Anthracite/Ebony/Navi. Can't wait to dig into that manual. (I have a sick obsession for reading every word of those things.)
Old 11-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Instructor

Congrats everyone. I am happy this has worked out for so many people... Keep me informed how the buying process goes... My experience was great - but I want to make sure everyone is getting the same treatment...

TL
Old 11-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Instructor

Yeah - the manual(s) are impressive. Also - plan on spending at least an hour with Randell going through several of the functions of the car on top of all the financing paperwork....
Old 11-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Intermediate

Picking up car today

I got the call from Randall letting me know that the car is in last night. I'm picking it up this afternoon. The car came in earlier than expected. I got the AT/Anthracite/Ebony/Navi as well. I'M SO EXCITED!!! YES!! :gheywave:
Old 11-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Racer

Hehehe, they must've gotten a whole shipment of those

BTW, they quoted me $1421 for the underbody spoilers (with install), anyone ever hear anything better? That seems like quite a bit, especially when the spoilers can be had on ebay for like $800.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Awesome to the Max

you should just make your own spoiler with cardboard and tape....save the 800-1421 dollars..

cardboard - $5.00
tape - $2.35
people staring at your cause because they're jealous they don't have a TL with a custom spoiler- priceless..
Old 11-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Racer

Hehehe

I need my underbody kit :P Car is beginning to look kinda boring to me without it.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:12 AM
Cruisin'

I got a call ......

from Randall on Friday evening, informing me my car was in, about two months early, but about half an hour later he called to say he (they) had made a mistake, so I was all jazzed up for about 30 minutes. Glad to hear your cars are coming in earlier than expected maybe I'll get mine by Xmas.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:39 AM
10th Gear

i guess they have a bunch of Anthracite/NAVI/AT's that came in. i'm picking mine up tomorrow night.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:58 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
I have been lurking for a while but this is my first post.

Todd, what a great idea and follow-up by you. I just found this thread yesterday after placing my order for my AM/Quartz/5at/navi TL. I would have been really depressed if I had not done some internet shopping prior to order. I'm glad the group buy worked and you saved lots of people in so-cal some money. The deal I ended up with was a few hundred dollars more but,of course, a single purchase. My build date is end of month, delivery early Dec. It's nice to see Cali dealers finally come down a little from MSRP.

For people in nor-cal, I was able to come a price of $34K including Dest & Doc. fees. Not quite the same deal but no 10 hour drive. If anyone needs more info, let me know. For me, THE WAITING NOW BEGINS.

Mike
Old 11-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Cruisin'

Picked up my TL today!

Everything went fantastic, I must say. Randell moved us through the paperwork process pretty quick and onto the finance, guy Abraham (I think his name was). There was no heavy pressure on the active alarm, extended warranty, or the fabric protection package. They did beat our Capitol One financing apr, but just barely.

The car had been detailed before we got there (despite light rain falling and undoing any work that had been done) which was nice. Randell also spent a solid hour going over the details of the car, particularly the navi, which was very much appreciated. I can't remember the last time I've been that excited.

The whole thing took close to 3 hours I'd say, but it was a great experience. I went in there with my guard up, but they really made me feel at ease.

And the car... wow. I hadn't test driven the TL since June and forgot how truly cool this car is.

Todd, if you're out there, thanks again for setting this whole thing up. I owe ya.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:52 PM
Instructor

Congrats Jason - you are in for a treat... I am glad this worked out for everyone (including me). I think we accomplished two things by setting up this deal.

1) We pooled our resources to get a good deal in a market where deals are hard to come by.
2) We sent a message to other Southern California dealers and as a result I think others will benifit by getting better pricing...

I would like to personally thank everyone in the forum, especially the moderators. I would also like to express my appreciation for all those who increased my forum rating and submitted kind comments...

Finally I know Al47 and PG2G are still waiting on their cars - how many more Powerbuy users are still waiting?
Old 11-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Jason,

I am not sure if you going to tint or add a clear bra - but here is the deal I got...

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/10-943-reasons-france-support-u-s-98924/
Old 11-08-2004, 12:12 AM
10th Gear

I picked up the car yesterday (#6 on the VIP List) and put on 98 miles so far, no vibration and no rattle found…I'd like to thank TODDL for setting this up. The Dealer is nice and the whole ordeal went through smoothly. We love the car very much but I do not like the way the doors mechanism working (it can easily snap in by itself if you are not careful) which I found it may be too dangerous for young children.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:32 AM
Intermediate

I picked up the car yesterday too. Cerritos Acura was Outstanding. Everything went smoothly and best of all no surprises. It took about 3 hours.

I first meet with Kelly, since i wanted to meet her since she was my point person in the pre-approval process. Kelly had beautiful long blonde hair and was very kind, cheery and professional. She then introduced me to Eugene, who works with Randal. When I met with Eugene we started off with getting to know each other and followed by the test drive of the car. Once the test drive was over, we went back into the dealership. At that time I was offered some bottled water and was presented the agreed upon price. I confirmed that the price was correct. From there we reviewed the owner's manual and then walked back to the car and Eugene reviewed all the features of the car. The car has so many features that I knew I needed to study the owner's manual when I got home. Once we finished with the review of the car, Eugene took me in to meet with the finance manager, David. He was in a cranky mood when we first meet (I think he had a bad day), but he soon lightened up as we got into process. He was able to provide me a better interest rate than Ohio Central Bank, which I was happy with. He did not attempt to push the alarm, extended warranty, or seat protection. Once i was done with David, I met Eugene again to pick up the car and off I went.

This car rocks and is much better than the 2001 Acura TL I was formerly driving. I'm very impressed with the Navi, XM, and 5.1 ELS DVD-Audio system. This car has exceded my expectations.

ToddL I want to thank you tremdously for putting this deal together. i think this deal was a win-win for everyone.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:46 AM
Racer

For the people that have picked up, are they forcing the protection package?
Old 11-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Cruisin'

I had agreed to the protection package up front, so it was no problem for me. I think they have them on all their TL's, so if you don't want it there could be an issue.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Racer

It's not really a big deal for me, but I'd rather not have it. Especially because I plan on getting the underbody spoilers, which means that the most expensive part of the protection package is going to need to be removed anyway. I guess I'll just contact them and find out.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:56 AM
10th Gear

i picked mine up last night. randal was pretty good at explaining all the features.
pretty excited.

they ran out of trunk trays so i have to pick that up at another time. other than that , things went pretty smooth.

the finance guy tried to push pretty hard on the warranty and the alarm.

for the extended warranty, kept on saying if the navi broke, it would cost a crapload to fix it. there are lots of bells and whistles so that is probably true but since it's an electronics thing, if it does break, it will happen long before your warranty runs out. so i didn't get it.

i did get the active alarm though. just as piece of mind i guess since it wasn't too expensive. i goto downtown la quite often and the chances of something happening to my car is a possiblity. i think they cover damages up to $2k the 1st year also so was worth it for me. just barely though.

they didn't push the fabric thing at all.

also, the price with the protection package was $3 more than orginally quoted.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Cruisin'

I also have to wait for my trunk tray to come in. I had the same three dollar increase in the protection package, as well. But compared to my past car buying experiences, what a joy. To have the exact numbers in front of me when I went in, knowing exactly what I was paying, made the whole thing so much easier.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:13 PM
10th Gear

yup. knowing the price before you walk in makes the whole process enjoyable.
also saves crapload of time trying to talk to sale people.
only hassle was with the finance person but that wasn't a big deal.

i still think the extended warranty was a toss up. wasn't a bad price but acura's are usually reliable. i think the 1st think that will break if it evers is the touch screen.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Instructor

PG2G - if you are not interested in the protection package, you will need to let Cerritos know ASAP.

As a matter of policy - Cerritos installs the protection package on all incoming vehicles... They found that most people purchase the package anyway - so it saves time just to do it when the units are delivered (plus it adds a couple bucks to their pocket). Therefore, if you are not going to get the protection package, let them know so they can track your car and make a note not to add the package.

Thanks
TL
Old 11-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Racer

Will do, thanks.

I actually still don't have any sort of ETA other than 3-4+ months, so I guess it's not really much of a rush.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Instructor

Cool deal - just dont wait too long. It sounds like some people are getting their units 3-6 weeks earlier than they were quoted...

Good luck
Old 11-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Cruisin'

1st TL problem already - oil leak

My day old TL elation has taken a hit already. Drove the car home from the dealer, and after sitting for 20 minutes or so, I notice a pool of oil-like substance in my driveway. It had a oil viscosity kind of feel and smell, but wasn't as sticky as most oil I've experienced. (I have a 65 Mustang I drive and work on so I do have a working knowledge of cars.) The strange thing is, after a few hours the oil stain seemed to disappear from the cement, something oil doesn't do. But it definitely wasn't water. As I said, it had a light oil feel to it.

I drove the car a bit more and noticed a second smaller spot of oil in the parking lot after sitting for an hour.

But then, after sitting in my driveway all night, no oil. Thought that maybe the TL just got it out of her system. But sure enough, after my wife brought the car home from work tonight, I find another oil spill.

I left a voicemail for Randall tonight and assume I'll have to take the darn thing back to the dealership, which I'm none too pleased about. The traffic to Cerritos can make for a long, unhappy trip.

Am I whining? I guess so. But for all that money I'd like to have nothing but good feelings about the car for at least a week. Is that too much to ask?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Awesome to the Max

you should sue...lemon law
Old 11-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Intermediate

The leak problem should be covered under the warrenty. If yes, have them fix it.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:56 PM
3rd Gear

Still waiting

I am also in on the Powerbuy and still waiting. Mine is due in early December. I will check back in with Randall to see if there is a chance of early arrival.

Again, many thanks to Todd.

Muser
Old 11-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Racer

Wow, Oakland. You'll be almost done with the break in by the time you make it home
Old 11-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Cruisin'

Follow up on my "oil" leak

Received a call from the Cerrritos service department and he believes my leak is just condensation being expelled from the evaporator due to having the climate control on full auto. It didn't feel like water to me, but that would certainly explain the fluid evaporating from my driveway. The tech recommended turning off the a/c 1-2 minutes before reaching my destination.

Curious, does everyone else have this condensation in their driveways?
Old 11-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ToddL
AL47 -

From my understanding, the Acura TL has an passive system alarm standard. This means that the car disables itself if somone trys to steal the car or any of the electronic equipment (like navigation) - but there is no alarm that will sound. I guess theives have learned this and know they can break into the TL to steal the personal items in the cars without an alarm sounding.

To counter this, Acura set up an Active system which is already installed, but it is an option you have to purchase seperately. If you choose not to purchase, they will disable the 'active system' by damaging the chip which means it would cost several hundred of dollars extra to replace if you decide to do so down the line... Of course this is the way they will explain it when you speak to the finance guys....

I hope this answers your question...
ToddL, I'm not doubting that this is what you were told, but I've searched this board and cannot find anybody else (who purchased their car from any other dealer) describing this silent "alarm." In fact, other threads talk specifically about setting it off and the horn blowing. (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=alarm)

Is it possible that Cerritos is trying to get buyers to pay extra for something that should simply be included with the car? It seems so strange to me that the factory would add the expense of putting such a system in the car, then give buyers an option if they wanted to buy it or not. It almost seems like the next question from the Finance guy would have been, "would you like to pay extra for the option to have your sunroof open...if not, we can just break the cable."

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$...but this just seems so odd to me.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Registered TL User

Hmmm, I bought my car from Downey Acura and there was no mention of an alternate factory alarm add on for an extra charge. In fact my vehicle does have the alram. I just tested it so I am confused on this one.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:56 PM
04 TL 6MT A-Spec Navi ABP

Originally Posted by jasonwrites
Received a call from the Cerrritos service department and he believes my leak is just condensation being expelled from the evaporator due to having the climate control on full auto. It didn't feel like water to me, but that would certainly explain the fluid evaporating from my driveway. The tech recommended turning off the a/c 1-2 minutes before reaching my destination.

Curious, does everyone else have this condensation in their driveways?
I use my A/C on full auto continuously and do not have a puddle - ever. However, I can see how this can happen, I guess. Do you live in a humid area? Or, are you noticing the puddle on days that are more humid?

Quick Reply: Cerritos Acura - SoCal 2005 TL Power buy