3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cerritos Acura - SoCal 2005 TL Power buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Awesome to the Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kelly just called me telling me that I was prequalified and number 1 on the list for black/black manual no navi, but she said that it might take up to 6 months before they get it in because Acura is limited the amount of manuals being produced all over the U.S. AWESOME TO THE MAX. She also gave me my credit score....what is the total credit score out of?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Instructor

This is what I was quoted from various dealerships for the lip Spoiler when I was looking at 2004 models. (They all said they were at dealer cost). I cant remember if it includes installation, but I THINK it does

California Dealerships
Wier - $577.00
Downey - $493.00
Cerritos - $627.00 (Before the power buy)

Colorado Dealerships (I used to live there - so I was looking for a good deal)
Mile High Imports - $485.00
Courtesy Acura - $895.00 (WTF?)

Also - does anyone know what reputation points are used for on this forum?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Instructor

Terse - are you sure... I just spoke to Kelly and they have a Black/ebony/6MT/non-Navi on the lot... If that is the car you want - you should be able to go down and pick it up...
Old 10-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ToddL
Roundmound - the only misc fee (other than tax, title, license) is the stupid $45.00 doc fee. I tried to get that waived, but when the original quote was 1500.00 under MSRP, they changed it to 1500.00 over invoice (1600.00 under MSRP) to accomodate... RG and Tree Frog can you confirm...

As for the protection package - it was my understanding that most of the group choose to go that route, so it wasnt an issue. If not - please let me know so I can bring it up today... I know that Cerritos has the protection package installed on all their new deliveries - so this is something I can bring up if it is an issue...

TL
Todd,

I talked with Kelly today and confirmed I do not want the protection package - I don't care for all the extra except the mud guards. She made a note to only install the mud guards and not the rest. She was very accomodating about what I wanted and what I didn't want.

Should pick up my car by the end of the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday night!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Awesome to the Max

Terse - are you sure... I just spoke to Kelly and they have a Black/ebony/6MT/non-Navi on the lot... If that is the car you want - you should be able to go down and pick it up...

I don't know..that's what she told me....could it be because I didn't want the protection package holes in the car?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Instructor

Then you are correct - the one on the lot includes the protection package... I assume when you say protection package holes - you mean the holes from removing the mud guards...
Old 10-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Awesome to the Max

Then you are correct - the one on the lot includes the protection package... I assume when you say protection package holes - you mean the holes from removing the mud guards...

Oddly, Kelly just called me for that exact model - I have to go home, discuss with family and we'll see if i pick that one or not, does anyone know how much TTL and doc fees actually cost extra on top of the price we got locked at? Also, can someone tell me how ugly it will look if I take out the protection package after it's been added?
Old 10-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Instructor

Document Preparation Charge $45.00
Taxes $2,886.82
License $282.00
CA Tire Recycling Fee $5.00

The last three are required by the state. Tax and license might be off a little (it was from a quote I got on a 2004) but it is going to be close....
Old 10-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Instructor

The protection package includes the trunk tray, wheel locks, and splash guards... I would assume you you are ok on the trunk tray and wheel locks, so those you keep.

I read the mud guards have two screws holding them in. I would venture to say that once you see them on the car, you will probably keep them on. Since the splash guards are black - they blend into the black body nicely...

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/i-have-seen-worse-thing-i-have-ever-seen-my-life-98366/

BTW - good luck...
Old 10-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by terse
kelly just called me telling me that I was prequalified and number 1 on the list for black/black manual no navi, but she said that it might take up to 6 months before they get it in because Acura is limited the amount of manuals being produced all over the U.S. AWESOME TO THE MAX. She also gave me my credit score....what is the total credit score out of?
Man, i'm going to pull my hair out if they tell me I have to wait 6 months. I think I'd either pick up a 5AT or maybe a G35C 6MT.

Credit score is out of 850.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Instructor

PG2G - I really depends when you placed your order and the color combo. I know a couple of members are picking theirs up this weekend. Terse wanted a non-nav, which will be hard to find in a 6MT.

FYI - the 6MT is heavily allocated throughout the US. Part of the reason Cerritos put everything on hold is because they wanted to assess how this contraint would effect their current commitments. (I will have more on that tomorrow). I believe if you haven't heard anything about an ETA - call Cerritos and find out tomorrow. You will have to go through Valerie or Randal - because Kelly is on vacation until Monday...

TL
Old 10-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Awesome to the Max

LONG ENTRY:

so, I went in today...because kelly told me to come in to get my 1996 Honda Accord LX with just under 149K appraised so I could possibly trade it in if it was worth it. I seriously wasn't ready to purchase today, just because it was so out of the blue and Kelly called earlier and said 8 weeks to 6 months. So then I asked if I could just come and get the car appraised and if the offer didn't sound good enough, I'll just wait until another car comes in. So I took in the car and since my mom bought the car she wanted at least $3,000 for it just because the trade in value on kbb.com GOOD CONDITION is $3,070 and the private party is $4,610. Obviously, this isn't a realistic price because car dealerships are gonna try to rip you off, but so I drove to cerritos from glendale (25-30 min drive each way) hoping for the best. We got there and there was this redheaded woman (I think, and I don't remember her name) and she asked who I was looking for so I said, "Kelly or Randall" and Randall was sitting near the back wall busy with someone else so the redheaded chick who had no idea about our power buy deal decided to help me out, even though randall mentioned it briefly to her. So we sit down and I tell her the details about the accord, even though I told Kelly on the phone that if the price wasn't favorable, I wasn't going to buy the car today because as of right now, we have 4 cars (a mini van, a big dodge van, a 4runner, and the accord) and only 3 drivers, so it would be impractical to buy the car having a 5th car in our household with only 3 drivers(unless we were ballers, which we're not). So, she comes back and tells me that she can only offer me $2,335, which is the price for FAIR(without even looking at the car), and the proceeds to tell me that with 149K, NO CAR is going to be in GOOD condition. So then I ask, "Couldn't it be GOOD condition for a 149k?", then Kelly comes out from the back and says, "Hi, just came out so that you can put the name to the voice." So then we (the redhead and I) continued talking about my accord and I said,"yeah, I don't think we're gonna purchase today" then she turned her bitch mode on and basically started acting like she was queen of the world and with a F-U attitude towards me. She made it abundantly clear that she wasn't going to budge from the FAIR value of kbb.com for trade in and then I said, I'll just pass and wait the 4 months. I know that dealerships need to make money, but it's not like I need the car right at this moment with 4 cars already at home. So then I asked if I could test drive the car and she was like, "I'm busy with another customer right now and it's almost time to close (the time was 8:30 and the store closes at 9:00pm or until the last customer leaves) and I don't have the time." So I just left thinking...WTF? just happened here? this bitch made it seem like she didn't even want my business anymore and basically acted like a bitch just because we didn't want to buy today, but Randall and Kelly seemed cool....I guess I'm waiting 4 months... or until I sell the accord private party
Old 10-20-2004, 11:44 PM
Racer

So, if you didn't buy it because you already have 4 cars, what exactly is going to change in the next 4 months?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Awesome to the Max

I'm driving my brother's car right now because he's in Iraq and he should be back within 6 months, so then 4 cars will be okay in 6 months time. As of right now, without selling the Accord before purchasing the TL is impratical. 5 Cars, paying insurance on 5...with only 3 drivers...compared to 4 cars with 3 drivers...paying insurance on 4...could save an extra 250 a month...maybe fork out a bigger DP
Old 10-21-2004, 12:10 AM
3rd Gear

I'm a newbie to the forum, although I've been lurking for a while, learning immensely from the informative posts. Test drives plus this forum convinced me to make the plunge, and last Sunday, the 17th, I called Valerie at Cerritos and submitted my pre-qual. forms. I checked back today and found that all is OK and that I am #1 for a DPG/camel/5AT/Navi/Protection Pack which should arrive 1st or 2nd week in Dec. That gives me time to sell my 2001 330ci BMW.

Many thanks, Todd, for crafting the deal for so many enthusiasts with Cerritos. It tipped the scale and I jumped. Look forward to getting the car and staying tuned into the forum.

Muser
Old 10-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Awesome to the Max

I forgot, Thanks Todd
Old 10-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Instructor

Terse,

I am not condoning bad service, but I am in sales and know what it is like to work off of commission. Try to understand a commission sales person point of view: You don’t sell – you don’t make a living. That being said, it only takes a moment to be polite and she could have handled it better. I will inquire about this when I speak to Valerie and Randal tomorrow.

Regardless – your best bet is to sell your car to a private party. Though KBB states a higher trade in value that what you were offered - dealerships don’t like to make deals on vehicles with 100k + miles? Most of these cars go straight to auction…

It still sounds like this works out to your benefit. By the time your car comes available – you should be ready to purchase.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:47 AM
Instructor

For those who are interested in the 6MT (Regardless if you are enrolled in the powerbuy or not)

Cerritos has two models on the lot...

Dark Green/ Camel/ 6MT/ Nav

Black/ Ebony/ 6MT/ non-Nav

Call Valerie or Randal if you are interested...

TL
Old 10-21-2004, 01:31 AM
Awesome to the Max

[QUOTE=ToddL] dealerships don’t like to make deals on vehicles with 100k + miles? Most of these cars go straight to auction…
QUOTE]

who says you don't learn something new every day?

I just thought they might make a deal with me considering that I was gonna buy a car from them.

Oh well, 4 months...
Old 10-21-2004, 01:58 AM
Intermediate

terse,
Yes Toddl is right, you are better off selling your accord to a private party. You'll get more money for it. Try using craigslist.org for posting your car. its free. click on craigslist.org and go to the los angeles site and post on cars+trucks or use recycler. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Cruisin'

FYI - as of last week, there was still an '04 black/black, 6MT, without NAV at CUSH Acura in San Diego.

I've been working with the fleet mgr there and as of yesterday, they still don't know when their 05's are coming in, much less the pricing. What's up with that? I didn't mention the Power Buy at Cerritos to them....yet!

My '05 black/black, 6MT with NAV is supposed to come into Cerritos 11/25.

Oh and BTW, the tax you will have to pay depends on where you live, not where you buy. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Instructor

You are correct about the tax. They will use your address... I just posted it to give terse a rough example....
Old 10-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by benkei
terse,
Yes Toddl is right, you are better off selling your accord to a private party. You'll get more money for it. Try using craigslist.org for posting your car. its free. click on craigslist.org and go to the los angeles site and post on cars+trucks or use recycler. Good luck.

thanks, already did yesterday
Old 10-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Awesome to the Max

tax sucks
Old 10-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Racer

If you had traded your car into the dealership, wouldn't you have gotten some sort of tax savings?
Old 10-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by PG2G
If you had traded your car into the dealership, wouldn't you have gotten some sort of tax savings?

don't know..she didn't mention anything
Old 10-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Instructor

CARS IN STOCK AT CERRITOS

If anyone is interested in changing their color combo or for those who didnt get in the original group buy - these models are in stock for purchase... (they will add new buyers to the powerbuy for these models)...

Contact Valerie ASAP if you are interested...

Non-Navigation Models
White/ Parchment/ 5AT/ non-Nav
Silver/ Quartz/ 5AT/ non-Nav
Black/ Ebony/ 6MT/ non-Nav

Navigation Models
Dark Green/ Camel/ 6MT/ Nav
White/ Parchment/ 5AT/ Nav (2 units)
Red/ Ebony/ 5AT/ Nav
White/ Parchment/ 5AT/ Nav.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
7th Gear

I believe if you haven't heard anything about an ETA - call Cerritos and find out tomorrow. You will have to go through Valerie or Randal - because Kelly is on vacation until Monday...

TL

I called Valarie this morning to ask her about an ETA of my order but she said that her manager is still working on it - so she doesn't have it yet.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Racer

I emailed her and haven't heard anything back yet. What'd you order, LC280? Maybe its the 6MT people.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:15 PM
I shift therefore I am

I went down there with my wife to check out the Green 6MT w/Nav. We didnt like the color that much, although the camel interior was interesting. Decided to hold off, very reluctantly. Randall & Bana (the sales person who showed ius around) were both really nice. They said the next 6MT Nav in the colors that I wanted (Anthracite, Black or Silver) might take a long time to arrive (> 2 months) .

The price they quoted was the power deal price, so that part was good.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Awesome to the Max

what does ETA mean?
Old 10-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Racer

estimated time of arrival
Old 10-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Awesome to the Max

cool
Old 10-21-2004, 06:27 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by PG2G
I emailed her and haven't heard anything back yet. What'd you order, LC280? Maybe its the 6MT people.

I've received a call from Valerie and she said that it will take around 6-8 weeks for my color combo. I ordered Anthracit/Quartz Auto Navi.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Instructor

Cerritos Acura in no longer accepting NEW applications for this Powerbuy

I spoke to Randal today and Cerritos is no longer accepting NEW applications for this power buy. The only exception is if someone is interested in the models that they currently have in stock. I listed these in a previous post and I will continue to list models that they have on the floor.

This was incredibly successful and I am glad so many people took advantage of this deal. We had 24 people register.

For those who felt this thread was beneficial, I would appreciate if you would increase my reputation points by selecting the scales near my screen name…

Thanks again...
TL
Old 10-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Awesome to the Max

i gave you reputation points...what do they do?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:43 PM
Racer

Looks like I'm looking at 3-4+ months
Old 10-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Awesome to the Max

I have a question, although we got this good deal on the price, is there still a way I can get fucked? I am a first time buyer and I am planning to finance this car with the dealership and I have pretty good credit (over 750) and I was wondering how I can get the car and still walk out not having crazy ass finance charges where the discount I just got did not matter...Any suggestions on how to do that at Cerritos when I do end up purchasing it. I plan to probably put down about 10k or so for down payment. Is there another route I should take? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Racer

Well, if you have a credit union you could always get financing through them. There are also places online that will do financing for you, like capital one. If you do it in dealer, just make sure the numbers come out right. It's not really an absurd task. Just do some math.

I suggest you head over to edmunds and read their guides.

You really should be doing your research. Try heading over to http://www.carbuyingtips.com/ also...
Old 10-21-2004, 11:13 PM
Cruisin'

Terse -

I did the Capitol One financing and got a pretty good rate (actually better than my credit union). It was a simple online form and they gave me a response 20 minutes later. A blank check is on its way that I'll take into the dealership. Doesn't get much easier than that. And if Cerritos financing wants to beat the rate, then can feel free.

Quick Reply: Cerritos Acura - SoCal 2005 TL Power buy