Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wash 05TL VS 05 530XI

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car wash 05TL VS 05 530XI

What a day, I was at the hand wash waxing my baby, right next to a 530xi, this is how the conversation went.

VSIZZLE "Nice Car"

BMW "Yeah I love it, I was thinking about purchasing a TL but I wanted a car with more punch."

VSIZZLE (ME USING LAST YEAR'S SAE NUMBERS) "What are you talking about we pump out 270 to your 255"

BMW "Yeah you may win there but that is all your car has on mine"

VSIZZLE "You must of bumb your head, while waxing man have you looked at my interior, it is way better then yours, my navi is like PS3 to your atari navi, plus you paid 20k more for your car and you are about the same size as mine, all I have to do is get A Spec and my driving will be almost as good as yours"

(At that moment he was mad as hell,) Hey there is no way I am going to let some punk s*it on me and my TL. Then out of nowhere

BMW "You want to race"

VSIZZLE "Let's up the stakes, if you are not scared, best out of three, loser payes for a super wax"

BMW "DEAL"

VSIZZLE " I LOST" , No just playing 3-0, I have a auto and a nice clean car, damn that wax looks good.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Nice!!! Let's see some pics of that free wax job you got. Btw, did he have an auto too? I guess you can say, you "waxed" his ass!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Intermediate

Interesting indeed. Musta been fun!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is too funny..great kill..Bimmer guys are just too cool. Like this one

Old 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Instructor

GREAT!!! Bimmers have nothing on us. Plus they paid a whole lot more just for the "prestige".suckers!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Instructor

GREAT!!! Bimmers have nothing on us. Plus they paid a whole lot more just for the "prestige".suckers! Congrats!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:07 PM
6MT & LSD

Kinda weird to talk like that to strangers, but still @ how it turned out.

So many BMW (especially the lower-end bimmer owners) are too cocky... way to take them down a notch.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The car (BMW) is great in many respects (maybe overpriced, but a fine car). Problem is owners who buy 'em usually buy 'em cause of a "prestige" issue, and can be cocky sons of bishes.

Nice job "waxing" () his ass
Old 02-07-2006, 08:38 PM
2005 WDP TL

Originally Posted by vishnus11
The car (BMW) is great in many respects (maybe overpriced, but a fine car). Problem is owners who buy 'em usually buy 'em cause of a "prestige" issue, and can be cocky sons of bishes.

Nice job "waxing" () his ass
kinda like Corvette owners think their shit doesn't stink......all the while they are driving a Cavalier with a nice V8.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:00 PM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by kyle-wdp
kinda like Corvette owners think their shit doesn't stink......all the while they are driving a Cavalier with a nice V8.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Corvettes do what they do best, at a bargain price. Kinda like the TL, but 'Vettes are all about performance.

It's the cocky, condescending 325i and 525i/530i drivers I can't stand.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Racer

You should put this in the racing section so all the TLer's can enjoy this funny ass storyy. lol
Good kill by the way!!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 05TLTony
Nice!!! Let's see some pics of that free wax job you got. Btw, did he have an auto too? I guess you can say, you "waxed" his ass!
Yeah he also had a auto, would love to post pics, I first have to buy the wires to my friends Digtal Camera then I need to know how to post.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Advanced

The 530Xi is darn heavy too...One reason why you won also.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle-wdp
Name another car with such a long history and prestige, with plenty of racing background to back it up. What other cars have a museum dedicated to itself?

Corvette owners are also one of the very few people who wave at other Corvette drivers. There's a great pride in owning a Corvette.

To say that it's a Cavalier with a nice V8... it goes to show your lack of knowledge in automotive history and the Corvette's huge part in it.

Corvette isn't a Chevy. It's a brand of its own, with a dedicated engineering team. It just happens to wear a Chevy badge.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Not sure why, but this story reminds me of that scene in Meet The Parents where Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller race each other home.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:54 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by ndx2

It's the cocky, condescending 325i and 525i/530i drivers I can't stand.
no kidding. the 325 guys think they have so much on us. are they mad because they are the new 318's??
Old 02-08-2006, 01:10 AM
M-series Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Name another car with such a long history and prestige, with plenty of racing background to back it up. What other cars have a museum dedicated to itself?

Corvette owners are also one of the very few people who wave at other Corvette drivers. There's a great pride in owning a Corvette.

To say that it's a Cavalier with a nice V8... it goes to show your lack of knowledge in automotive history and the Corvette's huge part in it.

Corvette isn't a Chevy. It's a brand of its own, with a dedicated engineering team. It just happens to wear a Chevy badge.
Whatever shit on the corvette, their owners are usually way too cocky. There was this one occassion when a friend introduced me to his friend who drives a corvette. I didnt have the TL yet back then; I was driving a benz... S55 to be exact. He laughed at me for driving what he claimed "a bulky, overpriced, yet useless" car. He tried to show me up in front of the girls. Of course I refused to take his insult lyin down. I challeged him to a drag, an offer he deemed as a chance to flex over his silly corvette. So went to an empty street and proceeded with the race.
The result: I smoked his sorry ass with at least two car lengths distance between our cars.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:21 AM
M-series Enthusiast

Oh and forgot to mention that the S55's no stock. My uncle seemed to have rigged it up with kleemans mod that it pushed it to around 600hp compared to the 493hp stock.
The guy was speechless after the race and he left not long after. -_-. Gave him a lesson never to underestimate other cars. After all Corvette aint on top of everything.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Advanced

Corvettes

Originally Posted by nightmaix
Oh and forgot to mention that the S55's no stock. My uncle seemed to have rigged it up with kleemans mod that it pushed it to around 600hp compared to the 493hp stock.
The guy was speechless after the race and he left not long after. -_-. Gave him a lesson never to underestimate other cars. After all Corvette aint on top of everything.
There are definitely some cocky 'vette owners out there, but properly set up a Corvette can do some amazing things. I traded a '79 Corvette my father gave me for a new Miata 15 years ago. I know it sounds strange, but the insurance on the 'vette with me driving as the owner tripled the insurance. (I was living in New Orleans) The Miata was not considered a high risk vehicle and was a much lower theft risk.

Anyway, my little silver bullet had an enormous carburator and high flow racing exhaust. Well over 300bhp. Accelleration was enough to pin you into the seat and it went from 60-120 faster than it did 0-60 because the engine could pull fourth gear over the top. Not a lot of cars out there can lay down a patch of rubber in third gear. There was no sound sweeter than her secondary barrels opening up on full throttle. I miss her sometimes, but I'll have a classic Corvette one day to enjoy on sunny days.

Corvettes are beautiful and distinctive cars, especially the 60's and 70's generation. They lost their way in the 80s a bit, but the C6 has recaptured the American sports car concept. They're powerful, capable and priced reasonably in the face of some very stiff competition. They're also practical enough to be driven every day - not something many Viper owners will say.

I probably would have bought one, but I still have my honey of a Miata and I didn't want to part with it. It was my first car and I've put a lot of time and money into keeping it nice. I'll post some pics of it here with my TL sometime. I've had my TL for about a year now and I'm convinced its the greatest deal going on four wheels. You just can't find all the features and performance in any other car for anywhere near the price I paid.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Instructor

Our 76 vette was purchased in 1985 for $5500 and sold for $8800 in 1989 (down payment on a house) it actually appreciated in dollars, Can't say that about many cars. Wasn't greatest years for the vette in terms of performance but we loved that car. Talk about squeaks and rattles... But it was blast to drive during the summer months (Garaged during winter)

Funny thing was that I never challenged anyone to race, they came out of woodwork to challenge me. It was funny having them take off burning rubber while turned right... I won everytime they felt the need to prove themselves...if you know what I mean.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Dragging knees in

Dude, you're using a MERCEDES to prove that Corvette owners are cocky?

Sorry, but it sounds like in your friend's case, it's no more than an idiot who just happens to have a Corvette. There's always a better car out there. I'm not saying the Corvette is on top of everything. He should've chosen his opponent wisely, because a Kleeman S55 is a fast car.

But come on, you're dissing the Corvette because ONE Vette owner lost in a race to a modified S55 in a straight line? The Vette is strong in a straight line, but its true being comes alive in corners. That's why it kicks ass in Le Mans every year. When was the last time you saw an S55 in Le Mans? Perhaps you just don't care about that stuff, and only care about fast heavy luxury cars. But if you're going to talk about racing, the Le Mans is the pinnacle of all racing and Corvette is a huge part in it with numerous wins under its belt.

By the way, speaking of modifications (since you mentioned the S55), send a Corvette to Lingenfelter to get properly massaged and it will crank out 1000 hp, which will shit on the 600 hp S55 all day, in a straight line, and around a racetrack.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Drifting

thats awesome that guy must have felt like shit.....
Old 02-08-2006, 11:31 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

MBZ owners cocky??? No, never
Old 02-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Whatever shit on the corvette, their owners are usually way too cocky. There was this one occassion when a friend introduced me to his friend who drives a corvette. I didnt have the TL yet back then; I was driving a benz... S55 to be exact. He laughed at me for driving what he claimed "a bulky, overpriced, yet useless" car. He tried to show me up in front of the girls. Of course I refused to take his insult lyin down. I challeged him to a drag, an offer he deemed as a chance to flex over his silly corvette. So went to an empty street and proceeded with the race.
The result: I smoked his sorry ass with at least two car lengths distance between our cars.
you went from an s55 to a TL? What is wrong with you?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Team NightHawk VP

i personally think the new vettes are nice, too much gadget for me tho, theres no door handles inside the car, its a button, so i wonder to myself what happens when the battery dies.

i was driving thru a parking lot late at night one night and i saw a a-spec tl and a vette. i was on my way home, and i thought to myself, ill go talk to them since im doing nothing anyway. it turned out that they both have a vette and tl. they were nice people and theyre both members on this forum.

not every vette owners are cocky, i actually enjoy talking to them sometimes, btu then again, i talk to anyone that has a nice car lol
Old 02-08-2006, 11:53 PM
M-series Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silver05tl
you went from an s55 to a TL? What is wrong with you?
The S55 aint my car, it belongs to my uncle, only that he has too many cars that he wouldnt mind loaning one to me... the TL is my own car. Nothing beats your own car. I got the TL on my 18th b'day.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:16 AM
M-series Enthusiast

Sorry, but it sounds like in your friend's case, it's no more than an idiot who just happens to have a Corvette. There's always a better car out there. I'm not saying the Corvette is on top of everything. He should've chosen his opponent wisely, because a Kleeman S55 is a fast car.

But come on, you're dissing the Corvette because ONE Vette owner lost in a race to a modified S55 in a straight line? The Vette is strong in a straight line, but its true being comes alive in corners. That's why it kicks ass in Le Mans every year. When was the last time you saw an S55 in Le Mans? Perhaps you just don't care about that stuff, and only care about fast heavy luxury cars. But if you're going to talk about racing, the Le Mans is the pinnacle of all racing and Corvette is a huge part in it with numerous wins under its belt.

By the way, speaking of modifications (since you mentioned the S55), send a Corvette to Lingenfelter to get properly massaged and it will crank out 1000 hp, which will shit on the 600 hp S55 all day, in a straight line, and around a racetrack.
I didnt ask for the trouble... it just seems that the other guy needs a little lesson on respect. True that I drove an S class, and S class is usually associated to middle to upper age generation people, but heck I was driving an S class, AMG. He poured the oil, all I did was ignite a spark to get the fire goin. And,heck I dont give a damn about how the S55 performs in Le mans or other racing event or what so ever. It just happened I was using that car that night. It could've been an M3, RS4, or some other cars. My point is that some people get too cocky that someone ought to really show them their place. Im dissing the cocky corvette owners, not the car.
I dun even give a damn how many hp a fully tuned corvette could crank up... 1000hp or even 2000hp.. all I care is the bigger the hp, the faster it drains fuel. The S class I drove was bad enough... it was like 15mpg at 600hp. a 1000 hp corvette would go for like less than 10mpg, I assume? Thats definitely a pain in the wallet.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:34 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CL Platano
That is too funny..great kill..Bimmer guys are just too cool. Like this one

ROFL!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Dragging knees in

I didnt ask for the trouble... it just seems that the other guy needs a little lesson on respect. True that I drove an S class, and S class is usually associated to middle to upper age generation people, but heck I was driving an S class, AMG. He poured the oil, all I did was ignite a spark to get the fire goin. And,heck I dont give a damn about how the S55 performs in Le mans or other racing event or what so ever. It just happened I was using that car that night. It could've been an M3, RS4, or some other cars. My point is that some people get too cocky that someone ought to really show them their place. Im dissing the cocky corvette owners, not the car.
I dun even give a damn how many hp a fully tuned corvette could crank up... 1000hp or even 2000hp.. all I care is the bigger the hp, the faster it drains fuel. The S class I drove was bad enough... it was like 15mpg at 600hp. a 1000 hp corvette would go for like less than 10mpg, I assume? Thats definitely a pain in the wallet.
Yeah, true. Every community has its share of cocky owners.

As for the fuel mileage... if these people are shelling out big bucks to achieve extreme performance, fuel mileage is the least of their worries.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vsizzle
What a day, I was at the hand wash waxing my baby, right next to a 530xi, this is how the conversation went.

VSIZZLE "Nice Car"

BMW "Yeah I love it, I was thinking about purchasing a TL but I wanted a car with more punch."

VSIZZLE (ME USING LAST YEAR'S SAE NUMBERS) "What are you talking about we pump out 270 to your 255"

BMW "Yeah you may win there but that is all your car has on mine"

VSIZZLE "You must of bumb your head, while waxing man have you looked at my interior, it is way better then yours, my navi is like PS3 to your atari navi, plus you paid 20k more for your car and you are about the same size as mine, all I have to do is get A Spec and my driving will be almost as good as yours"

(At that moment he was mad as hell,) Hey there is no way I am going to let some punk s*it on me and my TL. Then out of nowhere

BMW "You want to race"

VSIZZLE "Let's up the stakes, if you are not scared, best out of three, loser payes for a super wax"

BMW "DEAL"

VSIZZLE " I LOST" , No just playing 3-0, I have a auto and a nice clean car, damn that wax looks good.

I read a similar story like this one but I forgot where. The tl driver was at the acura dealership at night checking out tls with other colors and saw a guy with a 5 series beamer. They started talking and arguing which car was better. The 5 series guy started talking about how tls suck and the tl dude wouild talk about how much he over paid and why he's at the acura dealership, and all that. At the end, they decided to race. The tl dude won and the 5 series dude drove off flicking him off or something. Funny shit
Old 02-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Weapon X

I just read this and laughed. This is truely worth posting.
I went to the BMW website to see just what the hell the 530xi had in it.
Well, I clicked on the option to select a vehicle to compare, and Acura wasnt even on the list. Them bastards.
Guess they cant stand the compitetion, or really hate us
Old 02-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Pro

!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mio
ROFL!!!

ROFL to the pic and the story.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Pro

sorry, what does ROFL stand for?
Old 02-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Intermediate

This corvette and S55 has gone to far. Yeah if you have like 600Hp on any car its going to bet a couple of other cars. Isnt the S55 something like $115,000, kinda like comparing a 530 to a TL, you over paid. And what is this cockyness thing i hear about, I have a corvette and I talk more about my TL. Half the people i know dont know i have a corvette, its just a little toy i have in the garage. LOL
Old 02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
M-series Enthusiast

Easy buddy, never said that you are cocky or what so ever, Im simply sharing my experience with A, yep its one, cocky corvette owner... some people got a big head simply because they are drivin a sport, high hp-ed car. And as I mention before... the S55 aint my car... it just happened to be lying around the garage of a close relative who lives few houses away from me. And I thought what a waste for such a car to be standing around idly, so heck I used to drive it all the time, but its not and never will be mine. Just happened that I learned how to drive with it, so I sorta have a special connection to the car. I would be pissed off if someone make fun of it simply coz its an "S" class, not SL or other, more sporty models.
If by any means I accidentally insult/provoke any of you... therefore I apologize. So cool it off guys, now I drive a TL and am real pleased with it
Old 02-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Originally Posted by whatwasthat
ROFL to the pic and the story.
Just curious as to what ROFL stand for? Rolling Over From Laughing?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Intermediate

it stands for Rolling on the floor laughing. But on another note. Since I've been on this forum I've noticed that TL owner's are quite cocky themselves. The TL is a great car all in it's own. Why the need to feel like we have to validate it by comparing to cars 10-30 thousand dollars more than ours. I even see forums where people are dissing Honda's and CL's Rl's etc. The TL is just a great car just because it was designed that way by Honda/Acura. Another thing while I'm on my (rant and rave soap box) I got a good doeal on my 04 TL because someone decided to trade up (my opinion) to a CORVETTE. Does switching from TL to Vette or TL to BMW or TL to bendz or TL to whatever nice car make you cocky?

Don't get me wrong I feel mighty good in TL. And I feel very confident when I pull up next to a G35, 325i/330i/Maxima/ whatever over 250 HP car. And I feel I got the better deal. And every now and then I want to run with them. But that's because Honda/Acura designed their butts off and created a great car. Period.