Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car leaves dealership in worse shape every time i bring it in for service

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car leaves dealership in worse shape every time i bring it in for service

i am really at my wits ends with the dealership at which i purchase my car.

visit one i brought in the car for first oil change and tire rotation and to fix squeaks and rattles. so when i pick it up, i notice they damaged a rim.

second visit, take car in to replace damaged rim. oh yeah forgot to mention they did not fix the rattle from the rear deck that they claimed to have fixed on first visit.

visit number three "B" service and again fix rattles, squeaks etc. this time it takes them three days to fix the squeaks and rattles and there was still one they could not identify. here is what really gets me, they fixed the rear deck rattle, but now the subwoofer sounds really muffled, not sure what they did there? secondly the rattle from the front of the car is now ten times worse. after closer inspection, i find that the dash was put back together very poorly and i find broken pieces of plastic (look to be some sort of clip)

visit number 4 take car back in to fix the new rattle, which they created, and fix the dash they screwed up. car is currently at dealer

funny thing is, the loaner car they gave me, has no squeaks, rattles, ets. and to boot the sound system sounds much better than my car. what gives?

my point is that i feel it is ridiculous that my car has left the dealership twice in worse shape than i brought it in. does anybody know who i can report this to where someone who cares might actually act upon it. TOTALLY unacceptable in my book and i won't be buying another acura
Old 01-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need a new dealer. A good dealer probably would have fixed everything correctly first time. Tell Acura and make them recommend a different dealer. Sounds like its not the car but who is working on the car.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Pro

I would take it to another Acura dealer.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Intermediate

Find another dealer man. The dealeers should appreciate ur business. If they are not going to respect your car or treat it the way it should be treated, then find another one.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Instructor

Sounds as bad as my SF area dealer that bent my alum. trim and then took three attempts to correct it . . . . Take it to another dealer and complain to ACS (wait, forget it - ACS is worthless)
Old 01-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Cruisin'

Is this Superior or JayWolfe? I've never had problems with JayWolfe, except for the fact that i never got my $70 dollar sunglasses left in a loaner, i'm sure it was taken by the next guy
Old 01-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

I would call Acura and tell them whats going on!
Old 01-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had similar experiences with one dealer (scratches all over the car). Then, I took it to the dealer which won Acura's Precision Team Award for several years in a row. The dealer experience was much better. Even if I encounter any minor problems, like rattles, etc, I don't take my car to the dealer anymore as it comes with oil prints, etc. It is best to suck it up and just try to ignore all those minor problems.

By the way, call Acura Customer Serive and file a complaint against your dealer. They WILL call the manager and report the problems. I am not sure if this will solve your problems though (I doubt it).
Old 01-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Burning Brakes

not to knock on you buddy... buy why take it back to the same dealership again and again when you clearly know that "conditions were worst after taking it to the dealership than prior?"...... perhaps there isn't another Acura dealership near you... but oh wells... good luck to ya.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
TLsker, the problem is not the car but the dealership. I join the masses imploring you to change dealers before they wreck your car.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:29 PM
TL Driva

Originally Posted by neuronbob
TLsker, the problem is not the car but the dealership. I join the masses imploring you to change dealers before they wreck your car.

thats true... its all about how the dealerships are in your area. im from the chicago land area... i take my car to Woodfield Muller's Acura... they do a GREAT job... take care of me, and my car very very well... anyone from chicagoland have problems with mullers???
Old 01-27-2005, 09:02 PM
VTEC HoooA

While I agree that taking the car to another dealership is probably the easiest fix for these problems, it does not address the core issue...ACCOUNTABILITY. Why doesn't Acura hold the shoddy dealer accountable for the problems they are creating/causing. Infiniti seems to have addressed abysmal service to the point now where the service department is one of the best in the business. Why can't Acura WTFU and do something!?

Acura should financially penalize the dealership so that they wake up and address the issues. Simply taking the car to another location does NOTHING to correct the core issue! In my case the alternative dealership/service location is on the other side of town and is really inconvenient for me to travel to.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:54 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nodoze2004
While I agree that taking the car to another dealership is probably the easiest fix for these problems, it does not address the core issue...ACCOUNTABILITY. Why doesn't Acura hold the shoddy dealer accountable for the problems they are creating/causing. Infiniti seems to have addressed abysmal service to the point now where the service department is one of the best in the business. Why can't Acura WTFU and do something!?

Acura should financially penalize the dealership so that they wake up and address the issues. Simply taking the car to another location does NOTHING to correct the core issue! In my case the alternative dealership/service location is on the other side of town and is really inconvenient for me to travel to.

I agree, accountability is key but from my experience I feel many dealerships could give a fart... The ironic/crappy thing is, much of the damage that a dealer sometimes inflicts on a customers car is in turn fixed and paid for via a warranty claim by that dealer. It's not overly difficult to fabricate paperwork and or represent a part/component as either defective or damaged at the factory etc.. (I worked at a dealership for over 8 years..)
I don't know however, if calling ACS and documenting a dealerships "screw-ups" would assist with the accountability issue. My guess is not......
I hate to say but I stand by my "usual" comment: "most dealers suck".
Old 04-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Advanced

everyone thinks the loaner "sounds better" or" does not make the same noises as my car".
I work at a dealer..I hear it all day...I feel for you though....go somewhere else or call client services...good luck