3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car accident....pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Acuras Only in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should have gone after them with all your might .... now it turns into something that's beyonf your control I guess ?
Old 04-09-2008, 07:29 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
shz....sorry to see the damage...

good luck
Old 04-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Missin my TSX =(

damn man y didnt u chase them, i wouldve, i did that with my tsx hit n run, until my car stalled.. good luck man
Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
ya know, there has been a few hit and run threads on the forums lately.. and all i can say is one thing

CHASE THEM BITCHES!!!

Unless the car is filled with 5 big muscle bound brutes, chase em... grab your cell phone, call 911.. tell them you've been in a hit and run, and you are following them .. use police terms (northbound 104, passing route 109 mile marker 12) or whatever.. the police will take over, and they will GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL...little girls arent going to run from the police. now, they got home, they're gonna deny everything.. and nothing can be proved unless you've got a witness (besides you)....

because, and i am kinda sorry to say, the probably WILL Get away with this. i had a friend in high school, rear ended a woman, he took off, she called the cops... and to this day (8 years later) nothing has ever come out of it... and the woman had his plate, car make & model and desciption...police went to his house that night, they had hidden the car in a different neighborhood.. .and that was it.. never heard a peep again

woordddd dude i woulda chased those bitches down..... true story i got into a hit and run accident this drunk chick blew a red light and we hit almost head on and she tried to pull a quick one on me told me she would pull over and handle it she bounced on me i got right back into my car and chased that bitch down the 911 operator was yelling at me to stop chasing her nad pull over and wait for a cop i refused to lool i was pissed but ended up getting a frsh front end and a bunch of extra goodies out of it i woulda chased those girls down until the cops arrived while driving lol
Old 04-10-2008, 07:14 PM
King of NYC

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts
Have a few things to say here:

dejuvucu: awesome post haha! laughing my nuts off when I read that! pubescent for sure!

LiquidThinker: We're not talkin about putting a red revolving light on the roof and chasing them down. You have to make sure you have the license plate number. Then stop so you're not too far from the scene. Police will understand why you drove a bit further to get the license plate when they ran. If you have the license plate number, you're right, no need to chase.

Screw your insurance company, they are snakes too, they're not the first one to call. Call 911 first and make a report on the scene and persuade them to track the car down or at least go straight to the residence. Them girls would have been screwed with liquor on their breath. Then call insurance.

HeLLy: It sounds like your insurance company is trying to screw you. I wish the cops were on this at the instant this happened. I don't care if you slammed right into their car without looking, those girls did not belong on the road PERIOD. You need to emphasize that! There would have been no accident to begin with. It's completely their fault accept no other arguement. Underage, hit and run, alcohol. Dude if you are smart you can shut this down!

pres586: You guys are right, Mercedes has never made a purple ML. The ML DOES come in a deep burgundy with a slight purple tone. I think that's the color HeLLy saw. It's highly improbable it was really purple unless it was a customized ML with a wild paint job.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Lazy Idiot

It looks pretty severe. Its teens like that which make my insurance premium go UP.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ouch!
Old 04-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Instructor

I know it's already been mentioned, but a rear end is 100% fault of the person who rear ended. There's no if or buts about it with ANY insurance company. Every insurance company will tell you the same thing.

The one good thing about having only one insurance company (ICBC in this case) is that you don't have to wait too long to get your claim in. Since there's no squabbling over $$$, things happena lot quicker. On my last claim with ICBC, they OK'ed my claim almost the next day and it actually took me longer to find a shop who could fit me in than it did to process the claim.

Sorry to hear about the OP's situation, but like ICBC says, a rear ender is a 100% at fault (For the person who did the rear ending). The drunk, underage thing is something totally different and it's up to the cops, to pursue that. You won't be able to use that fact to influence your current case. (since it technically has no bearing as to the rear ending) The only thing the OP could really do is perhaps use the drunk, underage thing to "scare" the owner into settling instead of going through ICBC. Yes, it's not exactly morally right but if he wants to get out of it, and he's banking on the fact that they don't know the law, it's one way he can get out of eating the loss...
Old 04-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Advanced

alright i'll just clear everything up for everyone (hope so).. i'm an insurance adjuster so hopefully I can set the record straight.

typically, yes, a rear-end hit is 100% the person behind.. unless there is substantial proof of a lane-change/stop in front of you.. due to the point of impact, you're probably still not going to get 100% on the other party, you're more likely to get 80-90% on them.

the best thing to have done was to call the police right at the spot and let them know of the hit and run, then they'd put down the license plate at the scene of the other car and you would have it on record, making it easier for your insurance company to go after them (they want their money back too.. it's called subrogation)

make sure you have that police report down and keep pushing to have them investigate and go to thier house.. by now though, they probably got everything fixed and will deny liability.. it's going to be hard to go after them unless they crack

a police report with their info on it would have nailed them down. it's good to have a license plate but what was really needed was to have their license plate on that report (who's to say it wasn't some random license plate number found on the street).

make sure your insurance company runs the plate and report the claim to the insurance company or do it your self if you have to. then her insurance company (insurance follows the vehicle, not the driver) will have to investigate themselves and see if they were involved. if they claim noninvolvement, then they will have to sign a affadavit swearing to it, and if they are found to be lying about that.. yeah they are screwed. their insurance company would have to offically deny the subrogation claim to YOUR insurance company and if they do... it's arbitration/court time.

main thing is, glad you're ok.. but a police report with their info implementing them was the biggest thing. good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Advanced

oh and btw.. God for bid it happens to someone else.. take out ur camera phone and start taking pictures of the damage to both cars, license plate, their registration and them.. will be hard for them to claim uninvolvement then.. once again, good luck man.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
that'll buff right out

D
Old 04-26-2008, 06:09 PM
07 TL-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol the way the hood looks is funny
Old 04-26-2008, 06:40 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

i cannot believe you didn't call the cops on this.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Student

Originally Posted by don5504
that'll buff right out

D
LMFAO. Only about 15 mins... 20 max.
Did u get ur car repaired yet?
Old 04-26-2008, 08:27 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

BTW, this is just some FYI for you: Allstate will fight you tooth and nail over this. Worst insurance company ever.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Advanced

i agree.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Skrewologist
lol the way the hood looks is funny
looks kinda sexy haha like hood scoops
Old 04-27-2008, 02:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by xen-cuts
i cannot believe you didn't call the cops on this.
actually i did call the cops they just said ok we will keep an eye out and nothing ever happened
Old 04-27-2008, 02:45 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Teknolad
alright i'll just clear everything up for everyone (hope so).. i'm an insurance adjuster so hopefully I can set the record straight.

typically, yes, a rear-end hit is 100% the person behind.. unless there is substantial proof of a lane-change/stop in front of you.. due to the point of impact, you're probably still not going to get 100% on the other party, you're more likely to get 80-90% on them.

the best thing to have done was to call the police right at the spot and let them know of the hit and run, then they'd put down the license plate at the scene of the other car and you would have it on record, making it easier for your insurance company to go after them (they want their money back too.. it's called subrogation)

make sure you have that police report down and keep pushing to have them investigate and go to thier house.. by now though, they probably got everything fixed and will deny liability.. it's going to be hard to go after them unless they crack

a police report with their info on it would have nailed them down. it's good to have a license plate but what was really needed was to have their license plate on that report (who's to say it wasn't some random license plate number found on the street).

make sure your insurance company runs the plate and report the claim to the insurance company or do it your self if you have to. then her insurance company (insurance follows the vehicle, not the driver) will have to investigate themselves and see if they were involved. if they claim noninvolvement, then they will have to sign a affadavit swearing to it, and if they are found to be lying about that.. yeah they are screwed. their insurance company would have to offically deny the subrogation claim to YOUR insurance company and if they do... it's arbitration/court time.

main thing is, glad you're ok.. but a police report with their info implementing them was the biggest thing. good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
i have a witness that saw the girls and saw them take off. i filed police report but nothing yet. and right now i dont think they reported. so hopefully they lose the case by default
Old 04-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by syee99
I know it's already been mentioned, but a rear end is 100% fault of the person who rear ended. There's no if or buts about it with ANY insurance company. Every insurance company will tell you the same thing.

The one good thing about having only one insurance company (ICBC in this case) is that you don't have to wait too long to get your claim in. Since there's no squabbling over $$$, things happena lot quicker. On my last claim with ICBC, they OK'ed my claim almost the next day and it actually took me longer to find a shop who could fit me in than it did to process the claim.

Sorry to hear about the OP's situation, but like ICBC says, a rear ender is a 100% at fault (For the person who did the rear ending). The drunk, underage thing is something totally different and it's up to the cops, to pursue that. You won't be able to use that fact to influence your current case. (since it technically has no bearing as to the rear ending) The only thing the OP could really do is perhaps use the drunk, underage thing to "scare" the owner into settling instead of going through ICBC. Yes, it's not exactly morally right but if he wants to get out of it, and he's banking on the fact that they don't know the law, it's one way he can get out of eating the loss...
yeah i contacted the shop and its gonna be another week. my parts just came in and needs to be painted and installed =) and yeah u are rite about the 2 separate problems. eve icbc told me if the police didnt do anything theres nothing they can do
Old 06-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Instructor

So the damage was 12k !!!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 187 Likes on 147 Posts
did the police ever do something? did you catch the girls?
Old 06-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
over a year later? lol
Old 06-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Road Racer / Solo Addict

Received 300 Likes on 142 Posts
LOL..

A year after update..

Wrap up the story..
Old 06-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Instructor

hahahaha SO ANYWAYS! the case isnt closed yet. i have a lawyer on it.....they DID find the girls my lawyer told me. but not sure if police did anything.

ALL I KNOW is that they are fighting it with my insurance company (ICBC)
once you get a lawyer you lose contact with adjustor and everybody. sooo ill keep you guys posted

maybe ill update you guys in 2010 !!!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:13 PM
I caught the mod flu

Wow, an update 1 year later! Awesome, however this whole thing could have been handled better.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:56 AM
I MAKE NO SENSE

Originally Posted by HeLLy
so i was driving towards richmond and this purple mercedes ML cuts me off with no signal and suddenly stops! their brake lights didnt even come on...so i smashed into them. 3 young girls got out of the car and said "oh we are underage we dont have license i just took my moms car because shes on vacation" i asked for name and drivers license and nothing! they said they were going to pull over and talk about it but they got in and drove off..........i also smelt alcohol in their breathe.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD PICTURES???

HAH! The moment you mentioned ML, and Richmond I immediately knew it was Ditchmond BC (where I live). I will help keep an eye out for a dented ML, and post up anything/PM if anything. ICBC generally aren't jackasses since they are a crown corporation, and they usually don't jump to conclusions in special occasions like this. (ie: rear end and the person in front dosen't report = something fishy)

EDIT:

Sorry... guess I jumped to conclusions myself by not reading the whole thing=P
Old 06-14-2009, 02:16 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
This is one of the reasons I keep a camera in all my cars... First thing I do If I get in an accident is take a picture of the driver and the cars involved, including the plates.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Road Racer / Solo Addict

Received 300 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
This is one of the reasons I keep a camera in all my cars... First thing I do If I get in an accident is take a picture of the driver and the cars involved, including the plates.
I always carry a camera in the car with loaded batteries.. Old one.. 4.1 mega pixels which we don't use but it does the job..

Problem is last accident couldn't even get out of the car, paramedics had to pull me out :/

But yeah.. it's useful for fender benders and for possibly hit and runs..
Old 06-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
What are those two coolers up front?
Old 06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Instructor

what coolers?
Old 06-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Underage, no license, drinking, didn't signal, brake lights not working...

that and there aren't that many purple MLs rolling around, especially those with rear-end damage.

Insurance should take care of everything for you. Sit back and let them do their thing.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by HeLLy
what coolers?
There's a fin and tube cooler at the center and a smaller one on the right of the picture right in front of the ac condensor.

Are you the original owner?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by EL BAN
I always carry a camera in the car with loaded batteries.. Old one.. 4.1 mega pixels which we don't use but it does the job..

Problem is last accident couldn't even get out of the car, paramedics had to pull me out :/

But yeah.. it's useful for fender benders and for possibly hit and runs..
a disposable is a whole lot better, as well it holds up better in court since a computer just changes the negatives. With digital it can be said in the process of printing them, they could have been altered and could have been loaded back on the the SD card in the camera.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Intermediate

hope things turn out good for ya buddy,

when i heard it was nammers, i was like aww man, not all nammers are like that. I haven't been to Richmond yet, but I should take a road trip out there to see how it is.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Instructor

i'm a nammer too unfortunately...

some people make me look bad.... in toronto its even worse... i get associeted with gangsters and drugs when i'm just a middle class citizen working like every other canadian....

btw, holy crap, you're vietnamese and liev in saskatoon? my dad knows the guy that owns 1 of the pho restaurants in saskatoon.

i had to drive to kindersley, sk one time because of work... i had to fly from toronto to saskatoon then a rental to kindersley... wow are the roads straight and yellow...

has anyone tried to 4chan /b own these biotches yet? internet vigilantism seems to work.. hear about that tsx that got his lip stolen and then the guy posts on the clubtsx forum that he's got the victim's lip?

internet justice has his name, home, phone number, parents name, sister's name, car info, what high school he went to, even pictures of him too. there was evidence that this guy was scoping out the victim on the forums too. asking where he worked and what times he worked at the mall.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AMAN1
Underage, no license, drinking, didn't signal, brake lights not working...

that and there aren't that many purple MLs rolling around, especially those with rear-end damage.

Insurance should take care of everything for you. Sit back and let them do their thing.
but one problem....i rear ended them. insurance does whatever they can to protect them...hopefully this works out in my favour
Old 06-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by I hate cars
There's a fin and tube cooler at the center and a smaller one on the right of the picture right in front of the ac condensor.

Are you the original owner?
i have no idea what your talking about LOL
but i bought it brand new..