Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian 3G TL'ers question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Canadian 3G TL'ers question.

A question about Canadian TL models. Is the speedo cluster arranged the same as the US model? I know it reads KLM and the milage reads KLM but what about the general setup and positiononing of the instruments? And the screen, does it still read farenhight(<spelling?). Is the Keyless Mem Setting setup and other lcd screen functions the same???? Thank You for any info

JP
Old 02-16-2005, 04:28 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

My Canadian model has temps in C - trip meter in L/100km speedo in kph.

I have not seen any option to change it to MPG or degrees F or MPH.
I was not born into the metric system but t is great.Canada went metric back in the 70's.
Time for the US to do the same. $.02+exchange = .04Can
Old 02-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Burning Brakes

thanks for the info
Old 02-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by triggle
My Canadian model has temps in C - trip meter in L/100km speedo in kph.

I have not seen any option to change it to MPG or degrees F or MPH.
I was not born into the metric system but t is great.Canada went metric back in the 70's.
Time for the US to do the same. $.02+exchange = .04Can

One other question. Do you have all the keyless memory setting options, oil life %,ect...

Thanks
Old 02-17-2005, 02:42 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Originally Posted by JPTLS03
One other question. Do you have all the keyless memory setting options, oil life %,ect...

Thanks
The best I can tell is yes. I think the manual for the Can and US versions is the same so the features are pretty much similar. Canada does not get FOGS or XM Radio those are the only differences I know of.

Canada gets a very limited selection of colors and interior color trim. Acura Canada needs to wake up and listen to that. I was trying to find a Redondo Red '04 since the dynamic package had one color not available to the 5AT, I thought the Redondo Red 6MT would be very unique. It was so unique I could not get one. Now even more so because there is no Red of any kind for TSX or TL for 05. You can't even special order it even though they have red ones rolling off the line for the US market.

There are 2 packages available either 5AT or Dynamic w 6MT and the only major option is Navi on either package. There is no A-Spec or Type-S options listed in the brochure. The dynamic package has Bridgestone Potenza summer tires. The 5AT has the all season Bridgestones everyone loves to hate.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Burning Brakes

The best I can tell is yes. I think the manual for the Can and US versions is the same so the features are pretty much similar. Canada does not get FOGS or XM Radio those are the only differences I know of.

Canada gets a very limited selection of colors and interior color trim. Acura Canada needs to wake up and listen to that. I was trying to find a Redondo Red '04 since the dynamic package had one color not available to the 5AT, I thought the Redondo Red 6MT would be very unique. It was so unique I could not get one. Now even more so because there is no Red of any kind for TSX or TL for 05. You can't even special order it even though they have red ones rolling off the line for the US market.

There are 2 packages available either 5AT or Dynamic w 6MT and the only major option is Navi on either package. There is no A-Spec or Type-S options listed in the brochure. The dynamic package has Bridgestone Potenza summer tires. The 5AT has the all season Bridgestones everyone loves to hate.

Thanks again, much appreciated
Old 02-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Instructor

I am happy to say that I did get an '04 Redondo Red 6MT. I first saw the car at the Calgary Autoshow. When I ordered it they ended up bringing it in from Richmond Acura. Sorry.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Intermediate

Warranty in Canada

The biggest frustration for me is the fact that the TL warranty in Canada is only 3 Years B2B(Bumper to Bumper), while in the US it is 4 years.
Can Canadian Owners get warranty work in the US in year 4?
How can Acura think they are a premiu brand if they don't step up on the Warranty?
Infiniti is 4 years in Canada.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Angelo first TL
The biggest frustration for me is the fact that the TL warranty in Canada is only 3 Years B2B(Bumper to Bumper), while in the US it is 4 years.
Can Canadian Owners get warranty work in the US in year 4?
How can Acura think they are a premiu brand if they don't step up on the Warranty?
Infiniti is 4 years in Canada.

I didn't know that, that really sux. I don't think it work work in US because of the Canadian VIN.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Cruisin'

4 year warranty?

Check with your dealer, I believe they will match the 4 year warranty now.
I am in T.O.

Got this from Downtown Acura.

Paul
Old 04-20-2005, 11:00 AM
GQS
Team Anthracite

Yes, we have choice for both metric and imperial on the MID and trip computer(it's part of the set-up for the Multi-Info Display). Instrument layout is identical to US, except reads in km/h

Re the warranty - I doubt Acura will extend the warranty to 4 years just because that's what it is in the US. Don't forget we have the 5 yr power-train warranty - in the US I think it's 4 yrs on everything and that's it.

Also, Roadside Assistance is included in our standard warranty - it's an extra cost in the US.

The MID, NAVI and audio systems are the same for Can. and US (except we do not get XM satellite radio).