Can custom color combos be ordered?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004 | 03:32 PM
'05 DGP/Parch 5AT Navi

Can custom color combos be ordered?

My perferred TL color is anthracite. Unfortunately, I like the parchment interior the best. These two colors aren't available as a standard combination from Acura. Some manufacturers allow for custom combinations of standard colors to be special ordered from the factory.

Since it's a Sunday, I can't ask my dealer about this chance of ordering and anthracite/parchment. Has anyone ever asked about this? Do you think it's possible to make this special order?

Thanks,

-phil
Old 09-19-2004 | 08:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Never heard of it.

Maybe Acura could do that in the future.

Edit: sellnACURA, Welcome to the forum
Old 09-19-2004 | 10:24 PM
Acura Sales Manager

The factory doesn't allow special orders.
Old 09-20-2004 | 08:27 AM
'05 DGP/Parch 5AT Navi

Originally Posted by sellnACURA
The factory doesn't allow special orders.
Thanks for the confirmation. I was afraid of that.

-phil
Old 09-20-2004 | 09:04 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by PhilB
My perferred TL color is anthracite. Unfortunately, I like the parchment interior the best. These two colors aren't available as a standard combination from Acura. Some manufacturers allow for custom combinations of standard colors to be special ordered from the factory.

Since it's a Sunday, I can't ask my dealer about this chance of ordering and anthracite/parchment. Has anyone ever asked about this? Do you think it's possible to make this special order?

Thanks,

-phil
If you add up all the combinations of Exterior/Interior colors, 5AT/6MT, Nav/Non-Nav, HPT Tire Option on the 6MT, you'll see there's 120 possible ways the TL can be ordered. They have to schedule all these combinations for production so something 'out of their ordinary' is out of the question.
Old 09-20-2004 | 11:22 AM
Team Anthracite Member

That's the combo I wanted too. I do not understand why something such as interior color is not available with all exteriors. Same parts etc. and the color is used with other exterior colors, why it was not available to us in the Anthracite I dunno. It is not like you are asking for a purple interior that has not been developed. These interior parts are stockpiled at the plant - should be no problem. They probably hold some combos back for future year models...you wait and see - '05 will have that combo available.

Thanks,

-phil
Old 09-20-2004 | 01:11 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by TBone2004
That's the combo I wanted too. I do not understand why something such as interior color is not available with all exteriors. Same parts etc. and the color is used with other exterior colors, why it was not available to us in the Anthracite I dunno. It is not like you are asking for a purple interior that has not been developed. These interior parts are stockpiled at the plant - should be no problem. They probably hold some combos back for future year models...you wait and see - '05 will have that combo available.
Hell if we are talking about wish lists here, I would've wanted WDP with an ebony interior. I would have been pissed if the 05 TL offered that (far as I know it does not offer that combination).

Although the purple interior does sound interesting, maybe with some velvet also?...
Old 09-20-2004 | 01:18 PM
'05 DGP/Parch 5AT Navi

Originally Posted by TBone2004
They probably hold some combos back for future year models...you wait and see - '05 will have that combo available.
I was hoping that the '05s would come out with some more/different combinations but it doesn't appear to be the case. Since I know that I'm not going to get what I want in '05 I'm on the hunt for a good deal on a '04 in my second color combination choice.

-phil
Old 09-20-2004 | 01:24 PM
Senior Moderator

the 05 build and price is already up on acura.com, the combinations are the same at 04
Old 09-20-2004 | 01:59 PM
04 TL 6MT NAVI ABP/Q

Originally Posted by cTLgo
the 05 build and price is already up on acura.com, the combinations are the same at 04
Or they are just too lazy to update the page. Considering Redondo Red is still an Ext Color Choice.
Old 09-20-2004 | 02:07 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by Casper42
Or they are just too lazy to update the page. Considering Redondo Red is still an Ext Color Choice.
I heard that Redondo Red is also stated as the "red" in the 05 brochures. Maybe there was no change to the red?
Old 09-20-2004 | 03:03 PM
Acura Sales Manager

I am looking at the '05 brochure. The Redondo red will carry over to the '05's. Sorry still no Anthracite with Parchment.
Old 09-20-2004 | 03:07 PM
Acura Sales Manager

oh, by the way. The only changes to the '05 will be that the suspension will be more dampend, and the seatbelt buckles will be attached to the seat rail, not the floor anymore.
Old 09-20-2004 | 03:23 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Thanks for the confirmation. I was afraid of that.

-phil
maybe u want to try BMW, and also they have ANGEL EYES
Old 09-20-2004 | 03:28 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by sellnACURA
oh, by the way. The only changes to the '05 will be that the suspension will be more dampend, and the seatbelt buckles will be attached to the seat rail, not the floor anymore.
With the seatbelt issue, I guess that would solve all the B-pillar scratches that the seat-belt buckle makes.
Old 09-20-2004 | 04:15 PM
'05 DGP/Parch 5AT Navi

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjatt559
maybe u want to try BMW, and also they have ANGEL EYES

Nah,

All of my girlfriends drive BMWs, I like to stand out in a crowd.

-phil
Old 10-07-2004 | 01:50 PM
Cruisin'

I spoke with "Acura client services" They said custom color combos can be ordered at no additional charge. The dealership first has to order a car that is to be built. After the dealership finds one with the specs and exterior color you want, They have to contact there "District Parts & Service Manager" and tell him to tag that car for the interior color you have chosen. "Acura Client Services" said that it does not take any longer to get the car because it does not happen often. If they advertised that they offered this as an option it would cause a backup with custom orders. She also told me that Acura does not charge a premium for this but independently owned dealers may use this as a way to add gross to the deal.

My question now is what do you guys think of WDP W/Camel int?
Old 10-07-2004 | 03:10 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by NickBorrero
I spoke with "Acura client services" They said custom color combos can be ordered at no additional charge. The dealership first has to order a car that is to be built. After the dealership finds one with the specs and exterior color you want, They have to contact there "District Parts & Service Manager" and tell him to tag that car for the interior color you have chosen. "Acura Client Services" said that it does not take any longer to get the car because it does not happen often. If they advertised that they offered this as an option it would cause a backup with custom orders. She also told me that Acura does not charge a premium for this but independently owned dealers may use this as a way to add gross to the deal.

My question now is what do you guys think of WDP W/Camel int?
Has anyone tried this yet? Wished I saw this info before the purchase of mines....oh well I still love my car
Old 10-07-2004 | 05:52 PM
Life at 9000rpm

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
Hell if we are talking about wish lists here, I would've wanted WDP with an ebony interior. I would have been pissed if the 05 TL offered that (far as I know it does not offer that combination).

Although the purple interior does sound interesting, maybe with some velvet also?...
We have a choice of ebony or parchment for WDP in Canada.
Old 10-07-2004 | 06:14 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Someone posted about this the other day. If you talk to the dealership and tell them to keep going higher up they'll eventually find out its possible as long as you agree to leave a non refundable deposit (of course with terms that say its refundable if the car is messed up, just not if you dislike it).

Its the same reason the BMW Custom program isn't in the USA. In Europe you can order a line green M3 with pink interior and if you put a deposit on it you can't get it back and you probably agree to buy the car before you see it. In the USA, since by law deposits are refundable unless a contract says otherwise, if BMW offered that program and the person didn't like the car the dealer would have a gross looking M3 stuck on their lot for years.
Old 10-07-2004 | 10:06 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
With the seatbelt issue, I guess that would solve all the B-pillar scratches that the seat-belt buckle makes.
Not so sure about that. I just got a pretty nice scratch on my 05 B pillar.
Old 10-08-2004 | 11:03 AM
Advanced

No.

All,

I called Acura customer service twice and both times was told no to the request of custom orders. I also asked about getting the Canadian version and was also told no.

I asked three dealers about this and they all said no.

My local dealer was really interested in the possibility as they wanted a WDP/Ebony for the showroom. The store general manager spoke with the Acura regional sales manager (the same guy that the other poster's dealer supposedly spoke with -- both dealers are in Texas), and he said no.

Finally, the guy who first posted this ended up buying a standard color combination elsewhere. So, I think his original dealer was trying to pull some kind of bait and switch on him, and he wisely went elsewhere.

--Mark