Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cali underwater...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cali underwater...

Heh no i didnt trash my car in some puddle, but i have been getting anoyed at how slow these wipers are... today it was pouring on the way home from school, and had the wiper on the highest setting, but it still wasnt enough... I eventualy had to hold the wiper level up to keep it at the ultra high one swipe thing, just so i could get home...

Is there anything i can do to speed it up?
Old 10-26-2004, 08:59 PM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
add turbos!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Advanced

Use RainX - It WORKS!

Probably not any way - at least easily to speed up the wiper motor, but use RainX on your windows and you will be suprised at how much better your visibility is.

Even in the heavest rain storms, I rarely need to use the wipers on the slow setting. Typically, I use the intermitent settings because the water just flows off the window as I am driving. I have been using Rainx for years and this stuff really works.

I apply it monthly to ensure the best performance.

RainX can be tricky to apply without getting streaks. Windows need to be clean prior to application. I use Stoner window cleaner (best I have used without streaking) prior to washing the car, apply RainX, then wash the car as usual, with some extra elbow grease on the windows. The RainX comes off with soap, but the protection is still there.

Try it. You will be impressed at the results. I am sure of it! You will not want to drive in bad weather again without RainX on your windows.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:09 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Is'nt "ultra high" and lever all the way down same? I thought they are the same. In intermitant mode if you roll the button all the way up it is the same I think but they go in slow mode if you stop the car.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Racer

ok window off starts at 0... at 1 down you get the intermitant, with the twisty thing. with it at the lowest setting stopped will just be the wiper taking a long time... as soon as you start driving it will speed up a little. 2 down, you hit the max that the intermitant can do, no change in speed at all. 3 down, you get faster then 2 but its still not that great. now if you go 1 up, it only goes for one swish and then goes back... if you hold it up, its the fastest.

Thanks for the rainX idea... i actualy have it on all my windows except the front because i heard that the wipers sweak after rainx is applied. Do your wipers squeak with the rainx on?
Old 10-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Advanced

Nope, I clean my wipers with each fill up. I use the squeege and wipe the inside and outside of the wiper blade. Then, I take a few paper towels that the gas stations provide and wipe the dirt off -this usually takes a few times per blade. Most people overlook the wiper blades. Rubber oxidizes and gets very dirty. These need to be cleaned.

My wife doesn't like rainX on the windows of her Suburban because of the chatter. Her problem is that she doesn't clean the wipers when she gets gas and she leaves the wipers on - even if there is not much water on the windshield. This will cause chatter no matter what you do. I have tried to take care of this for her - explaining to her how to get around this nuisance, but you know women.... I hate to drive the Sub in the rain without RainX. the extra care is worth it to me.

Cleaning the blades regularly helps solve this problem. I also change blades every year. I use teh Bosch Silicon micro edge blades with good success. Also, with RainX, you do not need to run the wipers as much, since there is less water on the window.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Racer

awsome thanks for the tip... on my next car wash weekend, i will put the rainx on the front windshield. I still will keep my plan on changing the resistance somewhere so it will go faster...
Old 10-27-2004, 12:54 AM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Originally Posted by stevenr
Probably not any way - at least easily to speed up the wiper motor, but use RainX on your windows and you will be suprised at how much better your visibility is.

Even in the heavest rain storms, I rarely need to use the wipers on the slow setting. Typically, I use the intermitent settings because the water just flows off the window as I am driving. I have been using Rainx for years and this stuff really works.

I apply it monthly to ensure the best performance.

RainX can be tricky to apply without getting streaks. Windows need to be clean prior to application. I use Stoner window cleaner (best I have used without streaking) prior to washing the car, apply RainX, then wash the car as usual, with some extra elbow grease on the windows. The RainX comes off with soap, but the protection is still there.

Try it. You will be impressed at the results. I am sure of it! You will not want to drive in bad weather again without RainX on your windows.

Use RainX - It WORKS!
Old 10-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Instructor

Tell you what - the way it is raining tonight you might need to worry more about floatation devices as opposed to wippers.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Instructor

Add me to the list of happy RainX users. I like the stuff so much that when I travel, I bring a small bottle with me to use on my rental cars.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
I use Klasse AIO and SG on my windows(outside). No need to use wipers in the rain.
Only occasionally.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:08 AM
My username is lame

this is the closest search that i found. but today i used the wipers cleaner thingy. and i've noticed that when the wipers came up the driver side wipers hits the side of the car. The wipers goes like past the windows. Anything i can do to fix this?

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Is it still under warranty?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i would also suggest changing your wiper blades for some silicon ones. i have had mine on for a couple of months and have had no need to re-apply any more rain-x. the silicon from the blades gets applied to the windows and the end result is the same as with the rain-x. its very very nice.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:22 AM
My TL can do this, too!

Originally Posted by blkaspec
i would also suggest changing your wiper blades for some silicon ones. i have had mine on for a couple of months and have had no need to re-apply any more rain-x. the silicon from the blades gets applied to the windows and the end result is the same as with the rain-x. its very very nice.
Silicone wipers are the total . I don't use Rain-X b/c eventually the protective film wears off, and then the rubber wipers make a horrible noise on the windshield.

I got my PIAA silicone wipers from Pepboys.com. You can order just the blade refills from them online. They don't seem to sell PIAA blade refills in their stores. I think you need a 19" and a 26".
Old 09-25-2007, 07:51 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
PIAA user here...Sizes are 19 / 26. There was a long post RE: this topic.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by A-TLvic882
Use RainX - It WORKS!

also get a good set of PIAA super silicone wipers
Old 09-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In addition to RAIN-X

I agree that Rain-X is a great product, and I love it.

But I also found a really cool product that's really cheap and oh-so-easy to apply. It's "Rain Repellant Windshield Washer Fluid". Sold in gallon bottles, costs about 2X the price of the regular 'blue juice' sold at K-Mart, WalMart, and any auto store. (The stuff I found is ORANGE in color). Every time you do use your washers, they spray a very light coating of 'Rain-X-type' water repellant to the windshield, and I find that I rarely if ever need to apply another coat of Rain-X after the initial one if I use this stuff. And my wipers (when properly maintained as mentioned by stevenr) do not chatter or squeek.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Acuras Only in

Now that raining season is approaching here, I might want to give it a try .. thx for all the inputs guys ... and that's why I am hooked here on a daily basis ... LOL
Old 09-25-2007, 08:56 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ImPoRtHoNdA
this is the closest search that i found. but today i used the wipers cleaner thingy. and i've noticed that when the wipers came up the driver side wipers hits the side of the car. The wipers goes like past the windows. Anything i can do to fix this?

Thanks.
get out your socket wrench not sure what size it is possibly a 10mm... pull off the cover just above the spinneroonie and lossen that bolt, then push down on the windshield wipers and retighten, thatshoul work