Sponsored by:

Busted in the TL

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Tang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Busted in the TL

TL drivers and their luck with the Law!

I'm gathering information on who's been stopped and their ticket information while driving a TL!

Amount of Fine: (i.e. $250)

How fast and what was the speed limit: (i.e. 90 in 65 zone)

Where - city / state - backroad or highway: (i.e. I-495 in Littleton)

Time of day or night: (i.e. 2:30 AM)

State Police / Sheriff or Local Police: (i.e. Mass State Police)
Old 12-24-2006, 10:12 PM
'02 NBP TL-S

Amount of Fine: $50 (perk for being under 18)

How fast and what was the speed limit: 79 in a 45 mph (passing)

Where - city / state - backroad or highway: country road east of Cleveland

Time of day or night: 9 PM

State Police / Sheriff or Local Police: Geauga County Sheriff

One and only ticket i ever plan on getting!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was not my TL, but my cousins 03 TL-S

Amount of Fine: $700 ($5,200 including bail)

How fast and what was the speed limit: 98 in a 25

Where - city / state - backroad or highway: Kennedy Blvd, Jersey City, NJ

Time of day or night: 1:30 AM

State Police / Sheriff or Local Police: Jersey City Police Department (Undercover Unit)

That was one bad night for me
Along with 3 pts on my licence, i got in trouble for possession of a loaded weapon, failure to yield to a police officer, running a red light, and goddamn tints.

Usually the JCPD dont care much for speeding, but some cops are real dicks there
Old 12-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TacoBellSauce
Usually the JCPD dont care much for speeding, but some cops are real dicks there
Id call that a little more than speeding. almost 4x the speed limit and obviously a residential street with a speed limit so slow.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:54 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

State Police / Sheriff or Local Police: Jersey City Police Department (Undercover Unit)

Along with 3 pts on my licence, i got in trouble for possession of a loaded weapon, failure to yield to a police officer, running a red light, and goddamn tints.

holy shit....why so fast? in hurry? Ouch on all those fines.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
early in the morning seeing what she can do, 120 in a 65 (wrote me up for 105 luckily) on I-93, $1100 ticket....learned my lesson i can tell you that.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:07 AM
2006 TL

I hate FL cops - i NEVER have problems with the NYPD - there was actually a report on the news the other day about how Orlando is the 25th most dangerous city with rising murder rates, with a number of murders unsolved... but no, cops would rather sit on their asses and wait to pull people over for speeding. If they worked half as hard to solve real crimes as they do to hand out moving violations Orlando would be one of the safest cities in the country.

Last night on the news they were advocating a site called PLATEWIRE.COM where dumbasses basically post your license plate # and bitch about how bad u drive - These "good ol' boys" need a friggen life!

Ticket #1
Amount of Fine: $80 (he "gave me a break")

How fast and what was the speed limit: 60 in a 45

Where - city / state - backroad or highway: Orlando, FL - Buena Vista Drive by Downtown Disney

Time of day or night: 11:45P

State Police / Sheriff or Local Police: Orange Co. Sheriff's Office

Ticket #2
Amount of Fine: $155

How fast and what was the speed limit: 69 in a 55

Where - city / state - backroad or highway: Windermere, FL - CR 535

Time of day or night: 7:30P

State Police / Sheriff or Local Police: Orange Co. Sheriff's Office

Ticket #3
Amount of Fine: $711.92

How fast and what was the speed limit: 93 in a 65, construction zone (NO WORKERS PRESENT!!!)

Where - city / state - backroad or highway: Orlando - I-4 Eastbound between 417 and Lake Buena Vista

Time of day or night: 2:45P

State Police / Sheriff or Local Police: FL State Trooper

^^ I fought this ticket and won... the trooper was a total bitch to me. I recorded her conversation with me (i ALWAYS do this with my pen recorder... i usually act polite so that the officer looks like the asshole that they really are) as she began to get loud with me and argue over whether or not there were workers in the construction zone (there weren't and i indicated that I would've been willing to turn around and show her) as two other troopers pulled up and asked her where the workers were b/c they couldn't see them. I went to court, and the judge said that the cop had no way of proving that there were workers present, so the case was dismissed. It felt great to walk out of that courtroom and give the trooper the good old "fck you" smerk. I never have problems with NYPD - why? B/c they have REAL things to deal with..

If it weren't for the fact that cops can always radio for assistance - I think they'd be screwed trying to keep up with a TL in they're Crown Vics and Impalas... If that were the case I would definately not stop (unless it was one of the NYC Dodge Charger units... but then again - I have respect for the NYPD)...
Old 12-25-2006, 01:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
Where - city / state - backroad or highway: Orlando - I-4 Eastbound between 417 and Lake Buena Vista
My grandparents live in Tampa and I frequently drive up i-4 to Orlando for the parks, there are always cops on that highway, almost got pulled over for 95 there with my blazer coming around a corner luckly my solo went off at the last second and I had time to slow down, (there were 4 fl troopers waiting there) They seem to like to stay in packs there this thanksgiving I was going up there and there were 19 troopers on the opposite side some with some news van(i guess doing some story) but never seen so many cops at once on the interstate. Like you said they need to be doing something else like actual police work not speed traps.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

and for my story:

Amount of Fine: $140

How fast and what was the speed limit: 47 in a 25

Where - city / state - residential street, overland park ks

Time of day or night: 2 PM

State Police / Sheriff or Local Police: local pd overland park police

hate OP cops only ones who gave me trouble in my TL everyone else let me go
Old 12-25-2006, 02:14 AM
Instructor

Amount of Fine: $~200

How fast and what was the speed limit: 63 in a 45mph

Where - city / state - backroad or highway: Somewhere in Gainesville

Time of day or night: 11 p.m.

State Police / Sheriff or Local Police: Gainesville Local I think

F-ers... I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop safely for the red light so I slammed on the gas...explained the story... thought I was going to be let go but NOOOOO... oh well.

I was also picking up a motorcycle I just purchased... so it didn't really bum my night.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:07 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by joshrsmith2411
Id call that a little more than speeding. almost 4x the speed limit and obviously a residential street with a speed limit so slow.

That speed isn't just mildly retarded, its full blown
Old 12-25-2006, 06:26 AM
The closet is for wimps

Don't complain about your insurance rates, folks. You've earned 'em.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
^^^LOL

why exactly are we doing this?
Old 12-25-2006, 08:25 AM
The closet is for wimps

Probably because sometimes people take comfort in their screw-ups when they talk and hear about others who've made similar screw-ups.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:46 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts

This one sounds like the scene in Liar Liar when Jim Carrey gets pulled over by the cop for speeding and reckless driving and admits his guts out.
ONLY WORSE !
You think the cops are real dicks for busting you for doing 98 in a 25 ???????

If I was the judge, your fine would have been at least $2,000 and your license would have been revoked for at least 90 days for all of that.

Guys like you are the reason for those accidents you typically see on the news where a bunch of kids got wrapped around poles and killed, not to mention why insurance rates for under age 25 drivers are so high.

Your real Christmas present this year will be the forthcoming letter from your insurance company.

Now, go somewhere and grow up, OK?
Old 12-25-2006, 08:53 AM
'02 NBP TL-S

Old 12-25-2006, 08:54 AM
The closet is for wimps

Time to hand out some Darwin Awards.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Instructor

I hate FL cops - i NEVER have problems with the NYPD - there was actually a report on the news the other day about how Orlando is the 25th most dangerous city with rising murder rates, with a number of murders unsolved... but no, cops would rather sit on their asses and wait to pull people over for speeding. If they worked half as hard to solve real crimes as they do to hand out moving violations Orlando would be one of the safest cities in the country.

Last night on the news they were advocating a site called PLATEWIRE.COM where dumbasses basically post your license plate # and bitch about how bad u drive - These "good ol' boys" need a friggen life!
Sorry to get off-topic, but I work in law enforcement in Orlando and had to respond to this post.

So based on what I read, you're saying that law enforcement in Orlando should start focusing on just the homicides because they are on the rise in the area and let all the speeders go unnoticed. Well here is what you don't hear on the news, More than half have been solved and most of the murders were either drug or prostitution related. Now I'm not saying that they are any different from your average citizen, because a crime is a crime, but I am trying to make a point that its not just some random murder. Something else that you don't see or hear on the news is the stats for traffic accidents and fatalities because of speed, which will be 1000 times more than how many people were murdered this year in Orlando, So when you say that we should be busy making Orlando safer aren't you contradicting yourself by saying that we should only be focusing on our homicides???
Old 12-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by DMZ

Now, go somewhere and grow up, OK?
98 in a 25? you deserved everything you got.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
How about just slowing down the next time you are in Orlando?

If it weren't for the fact that cops can always radio for assistance - I think they'd be screwed trying to keep up with a TL in they're Crown Vics and Impalas... If that were the case I would definately not stop (unless it was one of the NYC Dodge Charger units... but then again - I have respect for the NYPD)...
Try it- If they catch you- at the very least it's a 3rd degree felony w/ a mandatory 1 yr D/L revocation.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:04 PM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by 07 TL-S
Sorry to get off-topic, but I work in law enforcement in Orlando and had to respond to this post.

So based on what I read, you're saying that law enforcement in Orlando should start focusing on just the homicides because they are on the rise in the area and let all the speeders go unnoticed. Well here is what you don't hear on the news, More than half have been solved and most of the murders were either drug or prostitution related. Now I'm not saying that they are any different from your average citizen, because a crime is a crime, but I am trying to make a point that its not just some random murder. Something else that you don't see or hear on the news is the stats for traffic accidents and fatalities because of speed, which will be 1000 times more than how many people were murdered this year in Orlando, So when you say that we should be busy making Orlando safer aren't you contradicting yourself by saying that we should only be focusing on our homicides???
Umm, a couple of things... you're in Law Enforcement and driving a TL - Moving on, if the murders are in fact drug and prostitution related, like you say, then shouldn't the light be shined on that area? I fail to see where a few speeders are a bigger problem than drug dealers. I've taken the BDI Course enough times to know a BOATLOAD of statistics for the state of FL, as well as the country as a whole. OK, yes, if someone is being a total asshole and driving at high rated speeds endangering OTHERS, then i could see where the officer would use, and I use this term loosely, good judgemnt. But when someone is driving down an EMPTY road speeding and gets pulled over, who are they endangering? They have already considered that they may pose a danger to themselves, and are willing to take that risk. Don't tell me "we're taking another bad driver off the road." - Yes, but TEMPORARILY. Again, I fail to see how a few speeders are a bigger problem than prostitutes and drug dealers. If you ask me, going after speeders is just a quick and easy way to solicit tickets and meet a quota, and THAT'S why so many drivers get pulled. (Believe me folks, 69 in a 55 while following the flow of traffic is NOT a big deal).
Old 12-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Cruisin'

98 in a 25!!....that's insanity...the speed limit on my street is 25...if some idiot drove down my street doing 98, I'd want him in jail. The TL is a safe car but if you hit
something going 98 you are history and hopefully you don't take anyone with you.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Instructor

Umm, a couple of things... you're in Law Enforcement and driving a TL - Moving on, if the murders are in fact drug and prostitution related, like you say, then shouldn't the light be shined on that area? I fail to see where a few speeders are a bigger problem than drug dealers. I've taken the BDI Course enough times to know a BOATLOAD of statistics for the state of FL, as well as the country as a whole. OK, yes, if someone is being a total asshole and driving at high rated speeds endangering OTHERS, then i could see where the officer would use, and I use this term loosely, good judgemnt. But when someone is driving down an EMPTY road speeding and gets pulled over, who are they endangering? They have already considered that they may pose a danger to themselves, and are willing to take that risk. Don't tell me "we're taking another bad driver off the road." - Yes, but TEMPORARILY. Again, I fail to see how a few speeders are a bigger problem than prostitutes and drug dealers. If you ask me, going after speeders is just a quick and easy way to solicit tickets and meet a quota, and THAT'S why so many drivers get pulled. (Believe me folks, 69 in a 55 while following the flow of traffic is NOT a big deal).

This is why each department had different specialized units that focus on certain crimes. The bigger the department the more units they can have. For homicides we have a homicide unit, for prostitutes we have prostitution units, for drugs we have narcotics units, for gangs we have gang units, for traffic we have traffic units, the list goes on and on. You say we should look at drug dealers and prostitutes and we do, but we can't catch every single one of them and the ones you do catch, they are back out on the streets within the next day or two. Speed limits are speed limits, if your speeding then you can get stopped and get a ticket, it doesn't matter when, where, or how many cars or people are around.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:02 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
(Believe me folks, 69 in a 55 while following the flow of traffic is NOT a big deal).
69 in a 55 isn't a big deal, but 98 in a 25 sure as hell is !
Old 12-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DMZ
69 in a 55 isn't a big deal, but 98 in a 25 sure as hell is !
98 in a 25 means time to go to jail.

I know 69 in a 55 isn't a big deal, my point is that speed limits are what they are. You know what the speed limit is and if you choose to drive over the limit by 5,10, or 15 miles then you're taking a chance of being pulled over and getting a ticket.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:04 PM
2006 TL

98 in a 25? eh... if the speed limit was 25 it was most likely a residential area or a two lane road - i personally wouldn't have done thaaaat, but it's your car. I would probably be fired if i were a traffic cop b/c i honestly could not care less if people speed, and i dont believe in going to jail for speeding. I would probably ticket the slooooow drivers(if the speed limit is 65 and u wanna go 45 - TAKE ANOTHER ROAD!) and the overly aggressive ones that think that 7 lane changes in a 2 minute timespan get's them further up the road... that's it. I know what you're saying about speed limits being speed limits, but we've all been in that situation where EVERYONE is speeding (not drastically, but speeding nonetheless - like my 69 in a 55) and the cop decides to choose one or two cars out of a whole LINE of traffic to ticket. That doesn't seem very fair - either ticket everyone or leave everyone alone.

I crack up every time I'm on I-4 (where everyone does 70+) and all of the sudden traffic slows down b/c a state trooper is driving way up in front and everyone's afraid to pass him, even if they're in another lane doing the legal speed.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Visionary Styles Crew

yo taco, loaded gun? in jersey? i'm surprised you weren't on the news for being shot. sounds like you have other problems besides speeding.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Intermediate

How fast: 98 in a 55

Where: Small town/TN - highway

Time of day or night: 11pm

Who got me: TN State Trooper

Amount of Fine: I got it reduced to a 60 in a 55 and only paid $55 including court costs, because it was my first ticket in the county. i didn't even have to argue anything, that's just the policy they have.

I was the only one on the road and he was hidden using lidar and my radar detector was old, so it didn't pick it up.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:40 AM
Banned

07 TL-S: No offense to you, you're cool and all, but there are some cops that are assholes out there. I used to go to school in West Virginia (before i transferred), and I'd get pulled over all of the time over there and given tickets. The surprising part is the officers say themselves they felt like pulling me over because they can!! What the @#$! is that all about?! This happens to me in WV, MD, and PA. I take it to court and even the judge doesn't want to bother hearing me despite the times the cops were recorded! One ticket for example, I got was for reckless driving ($275).. mind you, i'm the only one on the road at 1am AND i'm going only 5 over the limit. I just don't get it! ... but hey, at least you're nice unlike the others.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:52 AM
Intermediate

I just recieved a ticket for doing a 93 on a 55 on the highway. I don't have any points on my license and now I have recieved about 10 advertisement letters from lawyers that want to represent me. I am not sure what should I do. My court date is on Jan 8th. If anyone has any advise it would be greatly appreciated. I have court at Kearny, NJ.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Instructor

so when was the last time you got a speeding tix?

Old 12-26-2006, 08:16 AM
8th Gear

Not to mention that half the time speeding & other driving stops lead to other more serious offences that the officer can see. For examplean officer in FL (not Orlando) who would stop cars for tint. (Happen to stop me @ one point for it) Usually let them off with a fix it ticket, (yes I know annoying but he was doing his job) however he did, and it led to him having one of the highest Drugs, and weapons arrests in the county. He also managed to snag a rocket launcher, and a possible terroist suspect.

Old 12-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Fermin3344
I just recieved a ticket for doing a 93 on a 55 on the highway. I don't have any points on my license and now I have recieved about 10 advertisement letters from lawyers that want to represent me. I am not sure what should I do. My court date is on Jan 8th. If anyone has any advise it would be greatly appreciated. I have court at Kearny, NJ.

Same thing happened to me last year in San Ant TX. I got pulled over for 72 in a 55mph. It was a $225 fine. I got solicitations from area lawyers. I went with the one who personally signed the letter.

I didn't have to go through the hassel of taking off work to go to court or any of the other headaches. I got speeding probation for a couple of months and no points. It cost me about the price of the ticket but I say it's worth it.

Or you could always opt for the defensive driving course to get the ticket from going on your record.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by joe80055
07 TL-S: No offense to you, you're cool and all, but there are some cops that are assholes out there. I used to go to school in West Virginia (before i transferred), and I'd get pulled over all of the time over there and given tickets. The surprising part is the officers say themselves they felt like pulling me over because they can!! What the @#$! is that all about?! This happens to me in WV, MD, and PA. I take it to court and even the judge doesn't want to bother hearing me despite the times the cops were recorded! One ticket for example, I got was for reckless driving ($275).. mind you, i'm the only one on the road at 1am AND i'm going only 5 over the limit. I just don't get it! ... but hey, at least you're nice unlike the others.
No offense taken, I know exactly what you're talking about. Unfortunately every police department has them, when I was a teenager I had my fair share of run in's with officers that let the badge and gun get to their head. That's why I told myself that I would not be one like them.

Originally Posted by berite100
so when was the last time you got a speeding tix?
The last time I got a speeding ticket was when I was 20 for doing a 60 in a 45 and it just so happens that I work everyday with that @$$hole now
Old 12-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

i know that was stupid but just to make it clear it was a 4 lane road (2 lanes each way) and anyone living in jersey city knows that no one drives below 40-50 on that road during the day.

when i was caught, there were no cars on the road and it was all straight

and i was doing 98 running away from the police (because i am really stupid and did not want to go to jail)

but i learned my lesson, better to pull over
Old 12-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Back after 1 Year!

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts
Amount of Fine: $118

How fast and what was the speed limit: 82 in a 70 zone

Where - city / state - backroad or highway: I was driving through the Sacramento, CA Area

Time of day or night: 2:35 pm

State Police / Sheriff or Local Police: Highway Air Patrol (Stupid Airplane!!!)
Old 12-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Instructor

The last time I got a speeding ticket was when I was 20 for doing a 60 in a 45 and it just so happens that I work everyday with that @$$hole now
nice. i guess he doesnt remember giving you that ticket huh.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

i know that was stupid but just to make it clear it was a 4 lane road (2 lanes each way) and anyone living in jersey city knows that no one drives below 40-50 on that road during the day.

when i was caught, there were no cars on the road and it was all straight

and i was doing 98 running away from the police (because i am really stupid and did not want to go to jail)

but i learned my lesson, better to pull over
Youre nuts Jersey City probably wouldnt even have given you a ticket if you pulled over, but Union City would have called S.W.A.T on you. I still cant believe you were able to maintain 98 on that road since it is so badly paved.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by Fermin3344
When you get to court ask to talk to the prosecutor , they will pull your driving abstract and if they see you have a good record they will knock it down to probably a 70-75 in a 55 ticket. Don't get a lawyer you'll just be wasting your money unless you got a bad driving record. Where did they get you on 440?
Old 12-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CL Platano
When you get to court ask to talk to the prosecutor , they will pull your driving abstract and if they see you have a good record they will knock it down to probably a 70-75 in a 55 ticket. Don't get a lawyer you'll just be wasting your money unless you got a bad driving record. Where did they get you on 440?
No actually they got me on the turnpike about to get of on to 280 west. Heading towards Newark. It was a state trooper, real scumbag. I have a shield and like ten pba cards and his reply was I won't need those.

Quick Reply: Busted in the TL