Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Brake Swap

Has anyone swapped out their 5AT single piston front brake calipers with the 6MT 4 piston Brembo calipers?
Old 09-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Search other threads... this can't be done without significant cost due to mounting points.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:52 PM
Banned

4 words. ROTORA BIG BRAKE KIT!

why don;t you pick up the rotora big brake kit which comes with 2 new LARGE cross drilled and slotted rotors, 4 piston aluminum calipers, high performance ceramic brake pads and stainless steel braided brake lines. The kit cost $ 1495 direct from Rotora and comes in red and blue metallic. It cost me $ 1100 shipped from a connection I had which i cannot divulge but it is on my car right now and it is SWEET! They don;t have it listed on the rotora.com website specifically for the 04 tl because they have not updated the website but the 03TL kit is the same exact fit and you can call them to order the kit and it will fit like a GLOVE.

Greg
Old 09-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by New2004AcuraTLman
why don;t you pick up the rotora big brake kit which comes with 2 new LARGE cross drilled and slotted rotors, 4 piston aluminum calipers, high performance ceramic brake pads and stainless steel braided brake lines. The kit cost $ 1495 direct from Rotora and comes in red and blue metallic. It cost me $ 1100 shipped from a connection I had which i cannot divulge but it is on my car right now and it is SWEET! They don;t have it listed on the rotora.com website specifically for the 04 tl because they have not updated the website but the 03TL kit is the same exact fit and you can call them to order the kit and it will fit like a GLOVE.

Greg
Yep, a couple months ago some of us estimated the parts and approximate cost to upgrade to the 6MT Brembos. I don't remember the total, but the conclusion was that an aftermarket brake kit was a better option. About the only way to make it cost effective would be if used 6MT Brembo parts were available at a reasonable price.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Instructor

There is a Brembo brake kit for 5AT. It might stell be a cheaper way than to go with 6MT brake swap.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LVSBB6
There is a Brembo brake kit for 5AT. It might stell be a cheaper way than to go with 6MT brake swap.

That kit IS $ 2495! rediculous! Buy the high quality rotora kit for $ 1495 direct and save the cash! It's sweet I tell you. Honestly Brembo kinda sucks arse and there are always problomes with it. It's like paying $100,000 for a mercedes with terrible build quality and reliability problems when you can just get our Car for $ 33,000 and have all the features and more of the mercedes with much higher build quality and reliability and save $66 grand. Do the math, brembo is OVERRATED! Just ask all the 6mt owners how much their brembo setup squeals like a pig
Old 09-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Instructor

Does the Rotara from 03TL fit perfectly on 04TL? And do they fit under stock rims without spacers?

Pics would be helpful

That kit IS $ 2495! rediculous! Buy the high quality rotora kit for $ 1495 direct and save the cash! It's sweet I tell you. Honestly Brembo kinda sucks arse and there are always problomes with it. It's like paying $100,000 for a mercedes with terrible build quality and reliability problems when you can just get our Car for $ 33,000 and have all the features and more of the mercedes with much higher build quality and reliability and save $66 grand. Do the math, brembo is OVERRATED! Just ask all the 6mt owners how much their brembo setup squeals like a pig
Old 09-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Where are the pics of your rotoras? I cannot believe how many people diss Brembo these days. Porsche does not seem to mind slapping them on their cars!
Old 09-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Safety Car

dude you are the first person to say that brembos suck. i have a 6MT and it did squeal in the beginning but went away when it was broken in. but there is no argument that brembo is the benchmark for brakes. they are the leader and supplier for brake technology in just about every motosport racing out there. their product and technology is tried and true backed by years of success. their products are innovative and cutting edge offering new brake systems such composite ceramic brakes. rotora which seems like a pretty decent company but cannot even manufacture ceramic brakes. when you pay for a set of brembos you do pay a little more for the name sake but you are also paying for the R&D they set forth and other companies benefit off of. i do not see alot of other brake manufacturers coming up with new products, just cheaper versions of the same ones.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by caball88
dude you are the first person to say that brembos suck. i have a 6MT and it did squeal in the beginning but went away when it was broken in. but there is no argument that brembo is the benchmark for brakes. they are the leader and supplier for brake technology in just about every motosport racing out there. their product and technology is tried and true backed by years of success. their products are innovative and cutting edge offering new brake systems such composite ceramic brakes. rotora which seems like a pretty decent company but cannot even manufacture ceramic brakes. when you pay for a set of brembos you do pay a little more for the name sake but you are also paying for the R&D they set forth and other companies benefit off of. i do not see alot of other brake manufacturers coming up with new products, just cheaper versions of the same ones.
I will say that brembo has come along way in their manufacturing processes but in no way are they better than any other major brand name company for the money they charge. They charge it because they can and sell their "name" for hundreds if not thousands more which in my book is disgusting just because they "can". Also, Rotora DOES manufacture their own ceramic brakes. If you have an unlimited bankroll and it makes you sleep better at night buying the psychological aspect of the big brembo, then they played you like they play everyone else who is willing to spend their money on them and they are HAPPY to take it. I will give credit to them for their engineering and development but give me a break their systems are not that great worthy of the money they ask.

I will post some pic tomorrow and you will SEE what I mean why I say the Rotora kit is HOT and when you see them in person you will fall in love, they are that good. Beautiful does not give it justice and you can;t tell me that brembo can make a better designed kit for nearly a grand more!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Banned

It sure does!

Does the Rotara from 03TL fit perfectly on 04TL? And do they fit under stock rims without spacers?

Pics would be helpful

Good question!. Yes the 03 kit fits PERFECTLY on the 04 TL with the stock wheels in every aspect according to rotora. You can call rotora and ask if it makes you feel better. The kit has been tested and measured on the 04TL and rotora will be adding it to the spec page on their website shortly. IT IS THE SAME EXACT KIT. I happen to have the 18" A-spec wheels and the kit clears everything with tons of room to spare as well in case people wnated to know. I will post pics tomorrow! It took me about 3 hours taking my time to install. It's a piece of cake and if you have a few simple tools, you can do it no problem A 2 ton floor jack placed in the center of the front crossmember will allow you to jack both wheels at the same time as well.

Any other questions just ask...oh and NO I don't work for Rotora!!!! I just bought Cassandra ( my TL) the end of june and wanted to give her a nice upgrade
Old 09-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Powered by Guinness

In Defense of Brembos

The Brembos on the 6MT are very good. Mine did squeal for a few thousand miles, but I haven't heard a peep in months. The stopping power is great, the braking feel and modulation are exceptional, and they have never faded on me - and I have pushed them pretty hard for extended periods. Brembo has a good reputation and it seems to be well earned.

I do know a couple guys with Rotoras on second-gen TL/CL's and they are very happy with them. They are a good product and seem to hold up to heavy use without any issues.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:37 AM
Safety Car

I will say that brembo has come along way in their manufacturing processes but in no way are they better than any other major brand name company for the money they charge. They charge it because they can and sell their "name" for hundreds if not thousands more which in my book is disgusting just because they "can". Also, Rotora DOES manufacture their own ceramic brakes. If you have an unlimited bankroll and it makes you sleep better at night buying the psychological aspect of the big brembo, then they played you like they play everyone else who is willing to spend their money on them and they are HAPPY to take it. I will give credit to them for their engineering and development but give me a break their systems are not that great worthy of the money they ask.

I will post some pic tomorrow and you will SEE what I mean why I say the Rotora kit is HOT and when you see them in person you will fall in love, they are that good. Beautiful does not give it justice and you can;t tell me that brembo can make a better designed kit for nearly a grand more!
i am in no way putting down rotora, just saying its not justified for you to blame brembo for a bad product due to price. if you are arguing price/performance that is another argument. my point is that brembo makes a good product and they back this by years of success and experience in brake technology.

by the way where do you see on rotora's site that they make ceramic brakes? i'm talking about the rotors and not the pads.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Instructor

Great to hear! I have a set of Work VS-KF wheels that have more clearance than stock TL rims, I guess the Rotoras should fit under the rims w/o problems. What about the brake lines? Do they fit perfectly as well?
Brake upgrade is my favourite mod, I have Spoon calipers on my Prelude and they work wonders. Can't wait to see some pics installed, host them up asap

Good question!. Yes the 03 kit fits PERFECTLY on the 04 TL with the stock wheels in every aspect according to rotora. You can call rotora and ask if it makes you feel better. The kit has been tested and measured on the 04TL and rotora will be adding it to the spec page on their website shortly. IT IS THE SAME EXACT KIT. I happen to have the 18" A-spec wheels and the kit clears everything with tons of room to spare as well in case people wnated to know. I will post pics tomorrow! It took me about 3 hours taking my time to install. It's a piece of cake and if you have a few simple tools, you can do it no problem A 2 ton floor jack placed in the center of the front crossmember will allow you to jack both wheels at the same time as well.

Any other questions just ask...oh and NO I don't work for Rotora!!!! I just bought Cassandra ( my TL) the end of june and wanted to give her a nice upgrade
Old 09-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by caball88
i am in no way putting down rotora, just saying its not justified for you to blame brembo for a bad product due to price. if you are arguing price/performance that is another argument. my point is that brembo makes a good product and they back this by years of success and experience in brake technology.

by the way where do you see on rotora's site that they make ceramic brakes? i'm talking about the rotors and not the pads.
Ok, I guess I was a little harsh on Brembo. They do make OK products but in no way do they justify the price that they charge when there are many other competitors that make them as well and are just as good if not better for much less. The fact that the brembos on the 6mt squeel like a pig for thousands of miles on a brand new car and THEN become silent is rediculous and downright embarrasing for you and brembo. Since day one of the install of rotora kit, I've had nothing but pure silence and pleasure to stop on a dime.

Just my 2 cents but in this case, you do not get what you pay for with brembo.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Banned

Yes they do!

Great to hear! I have a set of Work VS-KF wheels that have more clearance than stock TL rims, I guess the Rotoras should fit under the rims w/o problems. What about the brake lines? Do they fit perfectly as well?
Brake upgrade is my favourite mod, I have Spoon calipers on my Prelude and they work wonders. Can't wait to see some pics installed, host them up asap
Yes, the stainless steel braided brake lines fit identically to the stock ones as well. Everything on this kit is a perfect swap! I will post some pics today after I go out and wash her. It is absolutely beautiful out today after all that terrential downpours the last few days due to the hurricane. I will post asap!
Old 09-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Racer

Ok, I guess I was a little harsh on Brembo. They do make OK products but in no way do they justify the price that they charge when there are many other competitors that make them as well and are just as good if not better for much less. The fact that the brembos on the 6mt squeel like a pig for thousands of miles on a brand new car and THEN become silent is rediculous and downright embarrasing for you and brembo. Since day one of the install of rotora kit, I've had nothing but pure silence and pleasure to stop on a dime.

Just my 2 cents but in this case, you do not get what you pay for with brembo.
The brakes make noise during the break-in period because of the formulation of the pads combined with the stopping power of the calipers. My brakes made noise for the first 1K miles only.

Sounds like New2004AcuraTLman is trying to make himself feel better about buying an inferior product because he couldn't get the real deal... and anything else he says just furthers my point.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Banned

I think not

Originally Posted by captain
The brakes make noise during the break-in period because of the formulation of the pads combined with the stopping power of the calipers. My brakes made noise for the first 1K miles only.

Sounds like New2004AcuraTLman is trying to make himself feel better about buying an inferior product because he couldn't get the real deal... and anything else he says just furthers my point.
Sounds like you are just trying to justify buying the 6mt car with brembos that are defective when us 5at guys can have some fun now that the only one's on the block with high performance brakes are not just YOU any longer. Sounds like jealously and 5at TL envy to me. Oh by the way, you can't even swap out those for rotora without major madification so you are stuck and can't even have anything else! I'm sure alot of people are very content with that because they like brembo and would never think of changing them but it is NICE to have OPTIONS. What is this Microsoft? lol

Oh, and I do not mean to piss off any 6mt owners with brembos, i'm just trying to let everyone know that there is an awesome kit available for us 5at owners that is equivalent or better and much less money than brembo who rapes you like Bill gates.

By the way, were you the first born or last born child in your family? lol
Old 09-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
I just want rear brembo calipers on my 6MT... i wonder if a kit will ever be available, I know its somewhat useless to have em in the rear, but I don't mind some "look" mods once in a while
Old 09-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Racer

Sounds like you are just trying to justify buying the 6mt car with brembos that are defective when us 5at guys can have some fun now that the only one's on the block with high performance brakes are not just YOU any longer. Sounds like jealously and 5at TL envy to me. Oh by the way, you can't even swap out those for rotora without major madification so you are stuck and can't even have anything else! I'm sure alot of people are very content with that because they like brembo and would never think of changing them but it is NICE to have OPTIONS. What is this Microsoft? lol

Oh, and I do not mean to piss off any 6mt owners with brembos, i'm just trying to let everyone know that there is an awesome kit available for us 5at owners that is equivalent or better and much less money than brembo who rapes you like Bill gates.

By the way, were you the first born or last born child in your family? lol
Like I said, you are just furthering my point...

Second best is still better than last, except when there are only 2 options... ooops, sorry

BTW, I wouldn't have bought the TL unless I could get it in a 6MT.

Last born, only 2 of us.

Where in Strong Island you from? I grew up in the metro area.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Banned

Exactly My point

Originally Posted by captain
Like I said, you are just furthering my point...

Second best is still better than last, except when there are only 2 options... ooops, sorry

BTW, I wouldn't have bought the TL unless I could get it in a 6MT.

Last born, only 2 of us.

Where in Strong Island you from? I grew up in the metro area.
lol, so I guess you are admitting that yours is second best then? Great! It seems to me that you had no options or else you wouldn't have bought the 6MT TL because they come with the brembos whether you like it or not and actually you are stuck with those whereas the 5AT people have several options for the brake upgrade. You just proved MY point. Lets me mature about this and stop with the antics already because we both do have amazing cars regardless of the brake setup. It's just that mine is better than yours How did we end up getting on a bashing contest anyway? lol

Oh and I am located in deer park and please don't call it "strong island" that is just sickening
Old 09-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Powered by Guinness

Brembo vs. Rotora

Some information has been left out of this discussion that should be considered. Brembo uses a wider two piece rotor in its kit, the Rotora rotor is 5mm thinner and a one-piece design. This difference in rotors alone represents much of the cost difference. I've seen both installed on TL's and I believe the Brembo caliper is larger - it appears to be the same caliper used on the 6MT cars with 'Brembo' letters instead of 'Acura'. Having seen both products, my impression is that the Brembo components are higher quality (materials, construction, appearance) and more substantial. I'm not saying that the Rotora is not a good value. As I said, it's a good product and seems to hold up to heavy use without any issues. However, buyers should not get the false impression that they are paying less for the same thing or that Brembo buyers are just paying for the name.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aegir
Some information has been left out of this discussion that should be considered. Brembo uses a wider two piece rotor in its kit, the Rotora rotor is 5mm thinner and a one-piece design. This difference in rotors alone represents much of the cost difference. I've seen both installed on TL's and I believe the Brembo caliper is larger - it appears to be the same caliper used on the 6MT cars with 'Brembo' letters instead of 'Acura'. Having seen both products, my impression is that the Brembo components are higher quality (materials, construction, appearance) and more substantial. I'm not saying that the Rotora is not a good value. As I said, it's a good product and seems to hold up to heavy use without any issues. However, buyers should not get the false impression that they are paying less for the same thing or that Brembo buyers are just paying for the name.

if you saw the rotora kit in person you cannot possibly say that is a lesser quality than the brembo. The rotora kit does use a 1 piece rotor which is the SAME size as the brembo kit even if it is 2 piece. It has to fit the exact same specs on the car for mounting inorder to insure proper alignment and the rotors cannot be bigger or thinker unless the calipers or pads are smaller to compensate or it will interfere with mounting the wheels and so fourth. The rotora rotors are MASSIVE. If you saw the rotora calipers, they will blow you away and are in no way smaller than the brembos. I think i'll stick with my awesome setup and save the extra grand which is just smoke and mirrors on brembo's part. Ever hear of brand name drugs and their generic or store band counterparts? The price is VASTLY different for the SAME chemical formulation and ingredients and what you are paying out the nose for is the brand name's marketing and recognition. Some people who do not think logically think it's a better product just because it's a brand name and that ios exactly what the company is hoping for. It means NOTHING. Same goes here so I don't feel like paying $ 1000 of my money to help Brembo advertise.

You guys can do what you want with your money of course but if you order the kit and install it, you will THANK me for it guranteed. I always do my research before buying anything to get the best ther eis for the least money and you cannot go wrong with this setuo so if anyone wants to upgrade their 5AT with the kit, you will be very happy. I am not here to argue with others , jut to provde information to those who are looking for an incredible brake upgrade kit for a great price. Lets leave it at that and lets others who order judge for themselves!
Old 09-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Racer

Just a side note.....those generic drugs get there formulas from the major brand names. Drug companies are given a patent for their drugs. When this patent expires, any company is free to copy the formula and create these so-called generic drugs. With that said, congrats on your Rotora's but if someone feels more comfortable with Brembo's then so be it. Who cares. Both companies obviously make great brakes for our cars. Personally, I'm happy with my 6MT, not because they came with the Brembo's but because it's a "MANUAL"

6Speed Anthracite/Ebony
Old 09-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Powered by Guinness

if you saw the rotora kit in person you cannot possibly say that is a lesser quality than the brembo. The rotora kit does use a 1 piece rotor which is the SAME size as the brembo kit even if it is 2 piece. It has to fit the exact same specs on the car for mounting inorder to insure proper alignment and the rotors cannot be bigger or thinker unless the calipers or pads are smaller to compensate or it will interfere with mounting the wheels and so fourth. The rotora rotors are MASSIVE. If you saw the rotora calipers, they will blow you away and are in no way smaller than the brembos. I think i'll stick with my awesome setup and save the extra grand which is just smoke and mirrors on brembo's part. Ever hear of brand name drugs and their generic or store band counterparts? The price is VASTLY different for the SAME chemical formulation and ingredients and what you are paying out the nose for is the brand name's marketing and recognition. Some people who do not think logically think it's a better product just because it's a brand name and that ios exactly what the company is hoping for. It means NOTHING. Same goes here so I don't feel like paying $ 1000 of my money to help Brembo advertise.

You guys can do what you want with your money of course but if you order the kit and install it, you will THANK me for it guranteed. I always do my research before buying anything to get the best ther eis for the least money and you cannot go wrong with this setuo so if anyone wants to upgrade their 5AT with the kit, you will be very happy. I am not here to argue with others , jut to provde information to those who are looking for an incredible brake upgrade kit for a great price. Lets leave it at that and lets others who order judge for themselves!
What's so hard to believe? I have seen both and provided my impressions. The Rotoras are not as nice as the Brembos.

Your 'generic vs. name brand' analogy is not valid because it makes an assumption of product equality. The Brembo kit uses a 328x28mm two-piece rotor. The Rotora kit uses a 330x23mm one-piece rotor. Having seen both in person, my impression is that both are very nice, but the Brembo kit is nicer. $1000 nicer? Depends on how deep your pockets are and what you're looking for. Personally, I think the Rotoras are a very good selection and a better value - but they are not as nice as the Brembos.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:04 PM
VTEC HoooA

I have seen a number of 5at owners bashing the Brembo's on this forum, and in all honesty I do not understand why? My question to you would be have you ever used Brembo's?? I am not trying to discount the performance of Rotora here, but Brembo products have a rock solid reputation (with the exception being high levels of dust and occasional squealing)! The brakes grip is absolutely viscous on my 6MT and I have NEVER encountered fading, even under repeated hard driving (saved my ass more than once as well).

My previous Hondas were prone to warped rotors (similar to the threads here about the standard 5at rotors already warping) and were horrendous!! I for one am glad they stepped up and put them on the car and sincerely hope they continue to do so!

And for the record, mine have not made as much as a peep....although my front wheel is a bit dark from all that dust (a trade off I will make any day)!!!
Old 09-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Banned

Not Tl Pics

Originally Posted by Aegir
What's so hard to believe? I have seen both and provided my impressions. The Rotoras are not as nice as the Brembos.

Your 'generic vs. name brand' analogy is not valid because it makes an assumption of product equality. The Brembo kit uses a 328x28mm two-piece rotor. The Rotora kit uses a 330x23mm one-piece rotor. Having seen both in person, my impression is that both are very nice, but the Brembo kit is nicer. $1000 nicer? Depends on how deep your pockets are and what you're looking for. Personally, I think the Rotoras are a very good selection and a better value - but they are not as nice as the Brembos.
Thsoe are not 04TL pics number 1 and number 2, the brembos that are all cross drilled as opposed to cross drilled and slotted are MUCH more prone to cracking and warping as opposed to half the amount of cross drills on the rotoras + the addition of slots which make for a much stronger rotor that is far less prone to cracking. Tell me why a $ 2500 set of brembo's is like this..oh wait, maybe because they actually don;t care if it does crack ( or even warranty it for that matter) because they know that they same suckers will just go ahead and replace it because they have an unlimited bankroll. Give me a break, they are more for look and name recognition than anything else and they think they can charge whatever they want for no better of a kit than the other leading manufacturers. I'll take my DUSTLESS and NOISELESS STOP ON A DIME ROTORA kit anyday for nearly half the price thank you!
Old 09-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by willz822
Just a side note.....those generic drugs get there formulas from the major brand names. Drug companies are given a patent for their drugs. When this patent expires, any company is free to copy the formula and create these so-called generic drugs. With that said, congrats on your Rotora's but if someone feels more comfortable with Brembo's then so be it. Who cares. Both companies obviously make great brakes for our cars. Personally, I'm happy with my 6MT, not because they came with the Brembo's but because it's a "MANUAL"

6Speed Anthracite/Ebony
so you are saying that "tylenol" is much better and totally different than "acetominiphin" when in fact that is all that so called brand name tylenol is! Look at the ingredients. It is the same drug with a brand name. It does NOT mean that because it is tylenol and you pay double the price for it that it is in any way better than the generic CVS brand. Funny but I can buy both of these at the same time as well. I understand what you are saying about patents, but in my opinion that just leads to price gouging and antitrust laws that need to be established to prevent then from taking advantage of consumers, which brembo is doing with their kit for no better quality or performance. Dont bash something until you try it because you may be more surprised than anything that there ARE other companies that can make and even IMPROVE upon an original for a lot less money
Old 09-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nodoze2004
I have seen a number of 5at owners bashing the Brembo's on this forum, and in all honesty I do not understand why? My question to you would be have you ever used Brembo's?? I am not trying to discount the performance of Rotora here, but Brembo products have a rock solid reputation (with the exception being high levels of dust and occasional squealing)! The brakes grip is absolutely viscous on my 6MT and I have NEVER encountered fading, even under repeated hard driving (saved my ass more than once as well).

My previous Hondas were prone to warped rotors (similar to the threads here about the standard 5at rotors already warping) and were horrendous!! I for one am glad they stepped up and put them on the car and sincerely hope they continue to do so!

And for the record, mine have not made as much as a peep....although my front wheel is a bit dark from all that dust (a trade off I will make any day)!!!
Yes, I have used brembos before and all they did was make noise and warp only to have to replace it with another brand name for half the cost that gave me NO problems. case and point. There is no need for brembos unles you drive a race car and change then out after every race because they are worn out. Brembos are mainly for the track and real racing because people don;t care about nose or longevity there. They just want something to stop the car in a hurry which they will do but dollar wise, they can't compete in price VS quality to other major brand names that are less known because Brembo has their advertising agency to pay
Old 09-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Shift_faster

Thsoe are not 04TL pics number 1 and number 2, the brembos that are all cross drilled as opposed to cross drilled and slotted are MUCH more prone to cracking and warping as opposed to half the amount of cross drills on the rotoras + the addition of slots which make for a much stronger rotor that is far less prone to cracking. Tell me why a $ 2500 set of brembo's is like this..oh wait, maybe because they actually don;t care if it does crack ( or even warranty it for that matter) because they know that they same suckers will just go ahead and replace it because they have an unlimited bankroll. Give me a break, they are more for look and name recognition than anything else and they think they can charge whatever they want for no better of a kit than the other leading manufacturers. I'll take my DUSTLESS and NOISELESS STOP ON A DIME ROTORA kit anyday for nearly half the price thank you!
Your brakes are dustless? That's impressive. I've never seen any disk brakes that are dustless.

By the way, the Rotoras that are cross-drilled and slotted are more suceptible to cracking than the Brembos on the 6MT. The benefits of cross-drilling and slotting are slim at best, and they are only realized on a race track, not in regular driving.

I'm not trying to argue that you have not gotten a great value with the Rotoras. You have indeed. However those that pick Brembo are not "suckers with an unlimited bankroll." They are also discerning consumers like you, except that they think the Brembos are worht the extra $. You don't think it is worth it, which is fine...but Aegir does bring up good points about Brembo vs. Rotora that can be considered in the decision making process.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Racer

Like I said.....good for you....enjoy your Rotora's....I have nothing against them...or Brembo's...you're entitled to your own opinions....But the fact of the matter is.... who cares....we love our Brembo's and you love your brand...As long as we're happy and the brakes live up to our expectations.....Does all the BS really matter???....Get a grip...

6Speed Anthracite/Ebony
Old 09-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
Your brakes are dustless? That's impressive. I've never seen any disk brakes that are dustless.

By the way, the Rotoras that are cross-drilled and slotted are more suceptible to cracking than the Brembos on the 6MT. The benefits of cross-drilling and slotting are slim at best, and they are only realized on a race track, not in regular driving.

I'm not trying to argue that you have not gotten a great value with the Rotoras. You have indeed. However those that pick Brembo are not "suckers with an unlimited bankroll." They are also discerning consumers like you, except that they think the Brembos are worht the extra $. You don't think it is worth it, which is fine...but Aegir does bring up good points about Brembo vs. Rotora that can be considered in the decision making process.
Yes, the are 99% dustless and i'd like to see the documentation that you have that states the crossdrilling and slotting are MORE prone to cracking when just about EVERY study and review website have verified and proven that when you drill out a hole in a rotor it loses structural integrity and rigity whereas slotting leaves the structural integrity intact while providing looks and performance. Please get your facts straight or stop talking!
Old 09-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Banned

Exactly

Originally Posted by willz822
Like I said.....good for you....enjoy your Rotora's....I have nothing against them...or Brembo's...you're entitled to your own opinions....But the fact of the matter is.... who cares....we love our Brembo's and you love your brand...As long as we're happy and the brakes live up to our expectations.....Does all the BS really matter???....Get a grip...

6Speed Anthracite/Ebony
Exactly! Could we all just drop the "which brand is better" nonsense already . I'm just trying to tell owners of the 5at that the rotora kit is a high performance , high quality kit available for a mere $ 1495 which is a LOT less than the brembo kit for the same style /features, quality and because the OP asked a question and I gave an answer that he will be very happy with as am I. That's all!
Old 09-10-2004, 10:50 PM