3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRADSHAW ACURA GREENVILLE SC - A sorry story (VERY LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boltjames
I'm sure his morality is keeping him company on his 3+ hour journey from South Carolina to Georgia! On a holiday weekend no less!

You know, when I get angry at someone, the first thing I do is run away to a different state to avoid further confrontation and inconvenience myself in the process. One time, this manager turned off that light on register 2 at the grocery store while I was buying milk and I was so mad that I drove to Michigan to buy it instead. My kids missed me, and it did cost me $500 in gas/hotel charges but man was it worth it. I sure showed that manager where he could stick his $2.49. Bet he'll never treat another customer that way again.

BJ
That seems a bit much. :lol1:
Old 05-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Team Anthracite Peon

Originally Posted by boltjames
I'm sure his morality is keeping him company on his 3+ hour journey from South Carolina to Georgia! On a holiday weekend no less!

You know, when I get angry at someone, the first thing I do is run away to a different state to avoid further confrontation and inconvenience myself in the process. One time, this manager turned off that light on register 2 at the grocery store while I was buying milk and I was so mad that I drove to Michigan to buy it instead. My kids missed me, and it did cost me $500 in gas/hotel charges but man was it worth it. I sure showed that manager where he could stick his $2.49. Bet he'll never treat another customer that way again.

BJ
That's pretty much uncalled for. If I were in his shoes I would do the same thing.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unlike you "BJ" (how appropriate), the Brit has a backbone and integrity. You see, maybe if enough customers didn't roll over like little bitches, that dealer would take a serious look at their employees and/or business practices and make changes that would benefit many future customers. On the other hand, if everyone were like you, we'd all take it in the ass to save $500, and nothing would ever change. How pathetic.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Advanced

Good job

There are just too many good dealers out there to deal with this kind of crap. I agree 100% that getting the absolute cheapest price isn't the most important thing. I've bought two cars in the last 2 years and the first experiance was less then steller (not bad, just ho-hum). This one (the Acura) was great. I've been back a couple times (tags and a loose panel) and both times my sales guy saw me, asked how the car was, how my wife was (remembered what she did), how our vacation was, etc... I was impressed.

Joe
Old 05-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Advanced

Warning sign 1 !
I was quoted with a price for the car, via fax, with a $2,000 reduction from MSRP and then when I arrived at the dealership was told they could not provide this, and that the salesman who provided this quote was not authorized to do so.
I had exactly the same thing done to me at an Acura dealership. Must be an Acura sales method taught in salesman school. Not only is the dollar amount the same but so is the excuse. Seems like Acura is getting as slimmy as the rest. Lets hope not, but I smell a rat.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Intermediate

I know I shouldn't but I can't resist

Well I returned from GA and everything is PERFECT (Will post separately about this later)

I have learned a lesson, and its thanks to BJ ! ......

THE LESSON >

NOT ALL BJ's are GOOD, in fact this ONE is a total waste :lol2:

I am interested how did you calculate the hours/miles from my origin to destination ? as you have NO idea where I live or where the dealer is ?

Steve.

PS : What does it feel like to be soooooooo isolated in your opinion ?
Old 05-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Boom goes the Dynamite

It's good to hear all is well.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:34 PM
'05 DGP/Parch 5AT Navi

Originally Posted by BritBoyInSC
I am interested how did you calculate the hours/miles from my origin to destination ? as you have NO idea where I live or where the dealer is ?
Before BJ takes this chance to jump down your throat, you're signature states that you're from Greenville, SC. I agree I don't know how he figured out where you had to drive into Georgia to pick up the car, though.

-phil
Old 05-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Instructor

Where are these high prices coming from
Old 05-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the 'heads up'

Thanks PhilB,

My larynx is wide open waiting for the on-slaught ...

I have been warned by many that I am wasting bytes of server space on replying to BJ, but I am so happy with the way everything has worked out that even his 'little' insults seem to only provide me with more reasons to laugh :p

I used Greenville in my sig as its the closest 'main' city to where I live, but I'm actually a decent distance away from greenville and the Georgia border is not far away at all.

Anyway, no matter what BJ throws at me this time, I give my solemn vow to everyone I will not honor him with a reply (damn this is going to be tough, but my word is my bond)

Steve.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:14 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm heading out this morning to get;

Silver Quartz MAN NAV for 33624 out of the door
plus SC Tax of 300

from a dealer in GA.

Everything else I'll buy aftermarket and take my time on getting the right price.

Will hopefully be able to post that the car is in my drive within a few hours and that we can put a close to this 'experience'.

Thanks, Steve.
Welcome to TEAM SSM british boy...

I would like you to join TEAM SSM... check out the website: http://teamssm.w1n-server.us/
Old 05-29-2004, 07:44 AM
the Budman

I used Greenville in my sig as its the closest 'main' city to where I live, but I'm actually a decent distance away from greenville and the Georgia border is not far away at all.
From this, I would assume you went to Carland in Gwinnett or the dealer in Athens? Did you get that PM I sent you?
Old 05-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Intermediate

FollowUp

559 : Thanks, will sign up with THE TEAM later

BudMan : Yep, got your PM, THANKS.

Everyone (except one person) was a GREAT help, pointing me in the direction of lots of reputable dealers.

The dealership asked me not to post with their name and the price, as they would like the opportunity to make a little more money on future orders. I suppose this means that I got a decent price.

I didn't negotiate at all ! as the first price they gave me was better than I was being offered locally, and they absolutely promised that all the figures they provided via the phone and e-mail would be the same and ONLY figures I saw when I arrived to purchase the car.

Also, I don't want to post the name of the dealership in this thread as BJ will be able to figure out exactly how far I had to drive, as he said, 'On a holiday weekend' (Although it was a Friday and in the UK the weekend doesn't start until Saturday ?) and I don't want him to know how right he was with the length of drive I had to go to for an 'honest' dealer :lol2:

THANKS EVERYONE (Yes, even you BJ), this all turned out PERFECTLY.

Old 05-30-2004, 01:09 AM
Instructor

I guess BJ's had enough.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:47 AM
the Budman

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
I guess BJ's had enough.
Actually, the moderators banned him. Can't find the thread that discussed the situation, the last post was from Astroboy saying he had given BJ several chances to change, that BJ was banned and the thread was closed.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:23 AM
All Hail the Chief

BJ is an A$$. He hides behind his computer with his "online attitude", but I guarantee you he's a puny coward in person. The more somebody pulls that kind of stuff on the internet, the less of a man they really are. What exemplary behavior from "VP of Camel Racing". Wait, I've never heard of them, he must be doing a fine job.

People like that are best ignored.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Advanced

As an 04 TL Owner i'm really sadden to hear what you had to go through to get your car. You of all people should have been treated better. What ever happened to " The customer is always right" ? Well all in all i'm glad everything worked out for you Brit and i hope you enjoy your car like the rest of us other TL owners are. Buying a car is very stressful and BJ only added more stress for Brit. Go Fork yourself BJ. If i didn't know any better i could swear you might be related to those dirtbags at BRADSHAW ACURA GREENVILLE SC. Thanks again Brit for informing us about your experience.

Sincerely, K
Old 06-01-2004, 08:06 AM
Advanced

It is sad. I'm not one who agrees with 'the customer is alwasy right'. Quite frankly, sometimes the customer is an idiot/unreasonable. But even if so, yelling, throwing a tantrum, etc... is totaly unacceptable.

Joe
Old 06-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jdrasin
It is sad. I'm not one who agrees with 'the customer is alwasy right'. Quite frankly, sometimes the customer is an idiot/unreasonable. But even if so, yelling, throwing a tantrum, etc... is totaly unacceptable.

Joe
Agreed
Old 06-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Cruisin'

yo buy a toyota. and if your in northern cali go to hansel toyota of petluma and ask for bob lang fleet and itnternet sales he will hook u up p.s. the new 04 solara 2 door ripss some boooty 3.3 235 horesy all the goooodys even more then acura tl 04 check it out plus nice tranny and right about 30 k after every thing tax lic fees alram mind u all the goodys 17 inch wheels navi system by rds nice stuff well good luck p.s. ex owner of a blown tranny on 03 tl wont take there crap
Old 08-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Instructor

That is Bs.. I bought my car with a captialone check at the dealer. You need to contact Acura care to get his ass fired.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will second some of the atlanta dealers, Ed Voyles seems to be helping me out well in my lemon issues and I like their service department better than Baranco closest to where I live.

I won't deal with Nalley because when I tried to get my '00 TL, he would not budge one bit on the prices and offered me a used demo car for more than I already had 2 other quotes for brand new ones. He just sounded snooty and unrelenting to me. Even told me that one quote could not be right cuz they could not sell it to me for that.. which they did cuz that was who I bought it from.

Definately, under any circumstances, do not go to Acura of Athens. For sales or for Service.

And for the Acura warranty.. it's only $1200 brand new for 7yr/100k NOT at cost (meaning retail to us). So yeah, he was bs'ing you.

You handled it so dang well tho, I was impressed to keep reading that you asked to speak to each level, you had it documented, and you didn't just shrug and accept any answers.

Kudos.

Keep on the search, you WILL enjoy the car when you finally get one.