Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

black 03 maxima vs. red 04 tl...results

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
black 03 maxima vs. red 04 tl...results

I am stopped at a traffic light making a left on a major highway, ahead of me is a black 03 maxima with a hot chick driving it. We are both in the middle of the intersection waiting for on coming traffic to stop so we can make a left. As we were waiting to make the left, I saw her look in her rear view mirror, I could see she was checking out my tl. So the light turns yellow to red and she jets off on to the highway. I, not even thinking about racing her before that point, took that as an insult, so I had to represent the tl over a maxima. She went ahead of me a couple of hundred feet, since she was in front of me, but then I let the tl fly. This was the first time I let her loose. It felt awesome. the throttle got stiff, and very responsive, the engine roared, although not a loud one, but still a roar. I felt the acceleration push me back. I went in the right lane, she was still in the left, I started catching up real fast once I was above 50 mph. Before I realized it, I was side by side with the maxima, but I wanted more, so I kept on going, I went up to 100 mph when the maxima was way behind me at that point. It was truely a very nice feeling, I was having that moment with my tl, at the same time I felt bad for the chick so I let go of the gas, and waiting around for her to show up again, and I looked at her, she looked at me, I let her pass being the gentleman I am, although she didn't look too happy after that. We went about 2 miles after that, and the whole time she was looking back at my car. End of story, a real story.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Shift_faster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badboy
I, not even thinking about racing her before that point, took that as an insult, so I had to represent the tl over a maxima.
Uh...yeah, good point.

edit:
The Max has a 3.5L 265hp powerplant. Same engine as the one used in the Altima, Murano, Z, G35, FX35, I35.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Safety Car

results

I am not sure as to what engine the 03 maxima has. What would have been the likely result in a race track race between the two?
Old 08-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Banned

And you woke up.

Oh yea, she wasn't racing you. lol

I am stopped at a traffic light making a left on a major highway, ahead of me is a black 03 maxima with a hot chick driving it. We are both in the middle of the intersection waiting for on coming traffic to stop so we can make a left. As we were waiting to make the left, I saw her look in her rear view mirror, I could see she was checking out my tl. So the light turns yellow to red and she jets off on to the highway. I, not even thinking about racing her before that point, took that as an insult, so I had to represent the tl over a maxima. She went ahead of me a couple of hundred feet, since she was in front of me, but then I let the tl fly. This was the first time I let her loose. It felt awesome. the throttle got stiff, and very responsive, the engine roared, although not a loud one, but still a roar. I felt the acceleration push me back. I went in the right lane, she was still in the left, I started catching up real fast once I was above 50 mph. Before I realized it, I was side by side with the maxima, but I wanted more, so I kept on going, I went up to 100 mph when the maxima was way behind me at that point. It was truely a very nice feeling, I was having that moment with my tl, at the same time I felt bad for the chick so I let go of the gas, and waiting around for her to show up again, and I looked at her, she looked at me, I let her pass being the gentleman I am, although she didn't look too happy after that. We went about 2 miles after that, and the whole time she was looking back at my car. End of story, a real story.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Banned

the 03 has 255.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Banned

nice kill.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
From reading the story, it sounds as if you two speed racers were never really on the same page. Thus, never really racing. Maybe if you both started off side-by-side at a light or maybe from a rolling start together or maybe both of you running side by side on an interstate and then gunning it.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by natismati
the 03 has 255.
You are right...the 03 Max has 255 horses. They upped it 10 horses in 2004. Good catch.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:40 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tripp11
From reading the story, it sounds as if you two speed racers were never really on the same page. Thus, never really racing. Maybe if you both started off side-by-side at a light or maybe from a rolling start together or maybe both of you running side by side on an interstate and then gunning it.
Sounds that way to me as well, I ran my friends 04 TL from a stop 2 nights ago but didnt post it here, but anyways I got him from a launch and up to 80 he was still a about half car from my rear bumper. My times are below totally stock. I think my old TLS pulled better down low than my buddies TL.

03 350Z auto 14.05 @98.01 stock
03 MaxSE auto 14.62@94.35 stock
Former 02 TLS 14.78@93.96 stock
Old 08-03-2004, 03:57 PM
My dog thinks I'm Elvis!

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Funny coincidence...
I was just reading the Maxima forum on Fresh Alloy and there is a thread by some girl from New Jersey with a black Maxima who complained about some macho ahole with a red TL who thought he was boy racer and blew by her as she was casually doing her mascara in her mirror...go figure?
Old 08-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Advanced

Back up a bit.....you said it was the THROTTLE that got stiff?
Old 08-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SBTL
Funny coincidence...
I was just reading the Maxima forum on Fresh Alloy and there is a thread by some girl from New Jersey with a black Maxima who complained about some macho ahole with a red TL who thought he was boy racer and blew by her as she was casually doing her mascara in her mirror...go figure?
can you post a link? would be an interesting read.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:55 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC11
can you post a link? would be an interesting read.
yes we need the link and then this guy is
Old 08-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraTLjaTT559
yes we need the link and then this guy is
How will i be owned? I didn't doubt him i was merely asking for the other story. Go back to ramblings to whore.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:12 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Maybe she was really just checking out the car (or you) and not trying to race. Looks to me like you missed out on the date opportuinty?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Racer

I hardly doubt she was putting on mascara on the freeway, that's just beyond reckless...
Old 08-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
I think SBTL was joking with his post......
Old 08-03-2004, 05:37 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC11
How will i be owned? I didn't doubt him i was merely asking for the other story. Go back to ramblings to whore.
I wasn't talkin to u , i just quoted ur post cuz we need link for proof.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:10 PM
My dog thinks I'm Elvis!

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tripp11
I think SBTL was joking with his post......
You da man...
Old 08-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Pro

Sounds like we ought to hook up for a run. I'm over in Somerset and have an 02 Maxima, although I admit to having a Cattman Y-pipe. :P

Monte, I never realized that your Max ran a tenth better than mine in the quarter. Any mods on that run??
Old 08-03-2004, 08:24 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by VQ35DE
Sounds like we ought to hook up for a run. I'm over in Somerset and have an 02 Maxima, although I admit to having a Cattman Y-pipe. :P

Monte, I never realized that your Max ran a tenth better than mine in the quarter. Any mods on that run??
Hey VQ its all stock bro are you on the org as well , my sig. over there is Monte 01&97 SE. There is one guy over there that ran a 14.60 and trapped at 94.75 I think all stock.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
If she was a couple of hundred feet in front of you, there is no way you would have caught her if she was running wide open. You have no idea how much additional acceleration it takes to make up 200' up to 100mph. The 03 Maxima is no slouch.

As a for instance, I was at the drag strip in my Corvette once. A guy I knew was in the in the lane next to me. I got a 1/2 second hole shot on him. He caught me right at the 1/4 mile mark where I was running 111 mph. The catch? He had 100 more rear wheel horsepower than I did. That's how long it takes to make up a 1/2 second jump with 100 more hp.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, has this forum changed since the original post.

BadBoy: This was NOT a kill...Obviously, she was NOT racing, ya know???
Old 08-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Safety Car

it is not a kill

Wow, I didn't think this post would generate this much response. Although, the whole point of the post has taken a big detour. I didn't say it was a kill in the first place. The impression I got when the girl peeiled making a left and then gunned it was that she wanted some of me. So I went ahead and I tried to catch up to her, she was ahead by a lot, but all I wanted to do was to catch up with her and go in front of her. I know its not considered a race by any means, but just for my own satisfaction, I wanted to go ahead of her. Personally, I think she was scared of getting a ticket or something, cause she didn't go past 80. But as soon as I got in front of her, and let her know that she can't leave me behind, I had my satisfaction and I slowed down.

I don't know about you guys here, but if someone zooms past you and maybe cuts you off, wouldn't you go and cut him off? same idea here.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:58 PM
Safety Car

throttle

to address the question of a "stiff throttle", what I meant to say was that the throttle got really responsive, a light touch would cause the engine to shoot up the rpms.

It is a good thing. Thanks to the electronic throttle system.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uhh, yeah, well, BadBoy, NO, I would not go back and 'cut off' somebody who had just cut me off...what, exactly, does that prove?

It's dangerous, immature, and does NOTHING to elevate your status above him (or her); what is there to prove?

They just proved how big a di-- they were ,and you are doing the same thing?

Don't take offense, man, but I hate that shit.

Now, chasing a cute chick down to check her out is a different story...
Old 08-03-2004, 10:15 PM

Badboy, that was the worst racing story in the history of internet racing stories. It's right up there with these other current BADBOY races:
Yugo vs Hyandia Excel
V-6 Mustang vs V-6 Camaro (the 1982 models)
City Bus vs City Mass Transit Train

Really, change your screename, that shit is embarressing.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Finally, proof positive that the TL is a superior car to the Maxima.

Good job.

BJ
Old 08-03-2004, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by boltjames
Finally, proof positive that the TL is a superior car to the Maxima.

Good job.

BJ
Wait, b/c of his story, some noob where everyone else has stated, "it was not a race" but somehow, it's "proof positive" that the TL is superior to the Maxima. :gaylaugh:

IMO, the TL is superior to the new Maxima but this race had nothing to do with that decision.

You cannot be serious?
Old 08-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Wait, b/c of his story, some noob where everyone else has stated, "it was not a race" but somehow, it's "proof positive" that the TL is superior to the Maxima. :gaylaugh:

IMO, the TL is superior to the new Maxima but this race had nothing to do with that decision.

You cannot be serious?
The Maxima argument has been "it's not a luxury car but its around the same size and around the same power and around the same performance so they should be compared" and now we've got the first head-to-head battle on the road that was a decisive victory for Team TL.

Don't rain on our parade. This is our moment. This forever puts to bed the Maxima as legitimate competition for the TL.

We are victorious.

BJ
Old 08-03-2004, 11:02 PM