Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better MPG using SS?! How I do it...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Better MPG using SS?! How I do it...

I got my 07 tl base 4 months ago I noticed I was getting 21mpg mixed while using auto.
I bought this car to spank some VW's, and some 3 series (something I could not do in my 97 Accord). So I didn’t want to drive like a grand ma all the time.

So I started to only use SS every time I had to drive I got 19MPG mixed.. not so good a?

But now I am getting 23mixed USING SS. How? I will tell you I am shifting better than the computer... it’s not rocket science.. but it takes more work you can’t be lazy...
I am shifting to 4th as soon as the computer lets me. Then I stick to 4th for city driving, and highway driving.

I find 4th is a good balance on the highway.
It has some power, but it’s not hard on the engine like 3rd, and it is not as weak as 5th.
In the city I hold 1,2,and 3 a little longer never passing 2600rpm..or elce you can kiss your MPG good bye. But doing that I can maintain my MPG, and use that extra power.
I almost never downshift unless I need some extra power entering a highway. I almost always let the computer downshift when I am coming to a stop sign or light. For me, that does get annoying when you are in 2nd, and come to a stop sign.

I have been driving like this for 2 months now, and I am always averaging 23-24MPG.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Drifting

Received 852 Likes on 605 Posts
Sweet. Whatever works. Back in 2008 when gas hit $4 I improved my mileage in my Accord by about 5mpg's by being more conscious of shifting. It can make a big difference. After a while I got tired of it and went back to my old ways but like you said, you can't be lazy about it.

What percentage of your driving is highway/city? I feel for you auto guys, I get 30mpg religiously in my 6mt. I was getting about 28mpg most of the time before the few mods to free up weight and exhaust restriction (attribute it mostly to the TL diet and RV6 J-pipe). I'm about 50/50 highway to city.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:07 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
2600 rpm to shift in SS and you gaining mpg ??? the ECU shifts are 2500-ish depending on load....

when in SS i usually shift around 2-2300rpm and go easy on the Accelerator pedal and coast to lights/stop sign....iget ~21-22mpg city....26-27mpg mixed and 33-34mpg all highway....
Old 02-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
You're doing the exact opposite of what you need to do to get good mileage.

Downshift when you're coming to a stop never letting rpms fall below 1200. If your foot is off the gas and rpms are at this levelor higher, the fuel injectors are shut off and no fuel is used.

Upshift right after the converter stall speed is surpaased, otherwise you're in its most inefficient mode and creating unnecessary heat and load.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Old 02-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Instructor

I drive 50/50 but my highway trips are short most of the time, and 30% of my highway time is spent in traffic. But i took a highway trip through the mountains last weekend going pretty fast and i was getting 28-29MPG .

I can shift my TL at 2000rpm 1st through 3rd if im driving like a 80yr old.. But i don’t think its all about up shifting..

Where I probably gain MPG is when I want some extra power I am already closer to a good rpm speed because of shifting habits then I would be with the ECU. I find the ECU does not give you torque fast enough when you need it.. It probably wastes extra gas trying to revup quickly.

Downshifting at a stoplight doesn't make sense it will give the tranny/engine more work for nothing... the ECU can handle it better, and puts you in the right gear to start driving again.

If this "sports" sedan can rev up to 4500rpm and then kick in vtech I don’t think an extra 300rpm will be the end of the world, plus i have Acura plus for the next year and a half so if shit fucks up il be covered

The good thing about this car is whenever I lose my mind going at light speed on the highway my MPG improves when im finished speeding
Old 02-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
It just seems like to much work to gain a couple extra MPG's
Old 02-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Thunderrr
I drive 50/50 but my highway trips are short most of the time, and 30% of my highway time is spent in traffic. But i took a highway trip through the mountains last weekend going pretty fast and i was getting 28-29MPG .

I can shift my TL at 2000rpm 1st through 3rd if im driving like a 80yr old.. But i don’t think its all about up shifting..

Where I probably gain MPG is when I want some extra power I am already closer to a good rpm speed because of shifting habits then I would be with the ECU. I find the ECU does not give you torque fast enough when you need it.. It probably wastes extra gas trying to revup quickly.

Downshifting at a stoplight doesn't make sense it will give the tranny/engine more work for nothing... the ECU can handle it better, and puts you in the right gear to start driving again.

If this "sports" sedan can rev up to 4500rpm and then kick in vtech I don’t think an extra 300rpm will be the end of the world, plus i have Acura plus for the next year and a half so if shit fucks up il be covered

The good thing about this car is whenever I lose my mind going at light speed on the highway my MPG improves when im finished speeding
Ask yourself, does the engine get better mpg when it's using fuel or when it's using no fuel.

If the answer is no fuel, you can begin to understand why downshifting improves mph when your foot is off the gas.

The fuel injectors shut off, the engine is being spun by the wheels via the transmission. It is using zero fuel when decelerating. If you do not downshift and rpms are at 1,000rpm or lower, the fuel injectors are on and it's business as usual.

Again:

Coasting with the rpms >1,200rpm= no fuel being used.
Coasting with the rpms <1,200rpm= fuel being used.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Team Owner

It does not waste gas trying to "revup" quickly. It actually uses less fuel at low rpms and heavy throttle so in that second it takes for the trans to downshift, you've lost nothing. When it downshifts, the trans mechanically speeds the engine up.

The rest of the post makes no sense and I'm not about to waste time deciphering it but I can only imagine the way you must drive.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Ask yourself, does the engine get better mpg when it's using fuel or when it's using no fuel.
If the answer is no fuel, you can begin to understand why downshifting improves mph when your foot is off the gas.
The fuel injectors shut off, the engine is being spun by the wheels via the transmission. It is using zero fuel when decelerating. If you do not downshift and rpms are at 1,000rpm or lower, the fuel injectors are on and it's business as usual.
Again:

I still don’t see why I would waste time downshifting using my method when the computer will do it for me. Plus it will give the tranny extra stress.
Id rather stress it while up shifting then downshifting. Plus the base TL doesn’t even have revmatching so forget that.

It does not waste gas trying to "revup" quickly. It actually uses less fuel at low rpms and heavy throttle so in that second it takes for the trans to downshift, you've lost nothing. When it downshifts, the trans mechanically speeds the engine up.
The rest of the post makes no sense and I'm not about to waste time deciphering it but I can only imagine the way you must drive.

Every time you apply more pressure to the gas pedal the car doesn’t always downshift. I guess all you do is floor it when you want extra power. Your poor car...

Originally Posted by RainSupreme
It just seems like to much work to gain a couple extra MPG's

Yeah it work. But for people who want to use the cars "sporty" potential and not pay for it at the pump it’s worth it. Plus driving in SS gives more control over the car… Take it or leave it.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
2600 rpm to shift in SS and you gaining mpg ??? the ECU shifts are 2500-ish depending on load....

when in SS i usually shift around 2-2300rpm and go easy on the Accelerator pedal and coast to lights/stop sign....iget ~21-22mpg city....26-27mpg mixed and 33-34mpg all highway....
33-34mpg?? Damn, do you reset coasting down a mountain? Seriously though, has it always been like this or have you done specific things? With new oil, fuel injector cleaner, new spark plugs, balanced and properly aired tires, ect I get 29 tops. It might kiss 30 if I'm driving south ;-)
Old 02-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Team Owner

I still don’t see why I would waste time downshifting using my method when the computer will do it for me. Plus it will give the tranny extra stress.
Id rather stress it while up shifting then downshifting. Plus the base TL doesn’t even have revmatching so forget that.
What is this stress you speak of??? More assumptions from someone that does not know how a transmission works. Are you saying that revmatching can only be done if the ECU does it for you? Good thing you don't drive a manual.

I wish there was a way to speak slowly on the internet so you can understand.

IF THE RPMS ARE ABOVE 1,200RPM AND YOU ARE COASTING, THE FUEL INJECTORS ARE SHUT OFF. HOWEVER.......

IF THE RPMS ARE NOT ABOVE 1,200RPM, THE FUEL INJECTORS ARE FUNCTIONAL......

IF YOU LET IT DOWNSHIFT ITSELF, THE RPMS USUALLY DROP BELOW 1,200RPM.

THIS IS WHY WE DOWNSHIFT TO KEEP IT IN FUEL CUT.

READ AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES TO UNDERSTAND.

Every time you apply more pressure to the gas pedal the car doesn’t always downshift. I guess all you do is floor it when you want extra power. Your poor car...
No, I give it more throttle when I need to accelerate and let the ECU decide to downshift or not downshift like normal people do. I've also tracked the car since new so I'm slightly more familiar with sport shift than you are, maybe you could learn something if you could understand that you know very, very little about cars and you listen to others.

My poor car? I drive normal 99% of the time. With comments like this "The good thing about this car is whenever I lose my mind going at light speed on the highway my MPG improves when im finished speeding " throughout the thread, you might want to worry about your own car. I'm not exactly sure what that means but I'm sure it's something about driving fast through traffic in your slow car.

I understand how much skill it takes to push a lever back and forth and drive fast in traffic but your theories are pretty retarded.

Yeah it work. But for people who want to use the cars "sporty" potential and not pay for it at the pump it’s worth it. Plus driving in SS gives more control over the car… Take it or leave it.
You should have bought a manual.

To everyone else, this is awesome, you can drive the shit out of your TL and get better than stock mpg just by following this guy's shifting technique. You should call the Honda engineers and write the shifting logic.
The following 6 users liked this post by I hate cars:
anthracite_ftw (02-22-2012), NWSTL (02-23-2012), RaviNJCLs (02-23-2012), SharksBreath (02-22-2012), Will1688 (02-22-2012), xander569 (02-23-2012) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-22-2012, 10:29 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
I drive in SS 99% of the time. anybody start in 2nd gear every time? I always do...I'm never in 1st...feels like the car revs up too quick and im forced to switch to 2nd almost immediately. and no...I don't pound my car to death. I hardly ever get on it unless I'm on the "special road" where speed doesn't matter. no cops/pedestrians/lights/obstructions is paradise.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:30 PM

IHC bro....very well explained....I remember you posting this earlier as well....on my way to work i used to thro her in neutral when getting off the exit and coast to work (right off the exit)....i actually calculated, if i take the exit at 60mph and throw her in neutral i can coast to work and park in "my" spot without worrying a single bit....

when i read your post and i remember you posting this and hence i stopped doing that and kept the car in gear and over 1200 rpm....

Originally Posted by hleapha
33-34mpg?? Damn, do you reset coasting down a mountain? Seriously though, has it always been like this or have you done specific things? With new oil, fuel injector cleaner, new spark plugs, balanced and properly aired tires, ect I get 29 tops. It might kiss 30 if I'm driving south ;-)
haha will let the pix do the talking:

round trip from STL (to KC)...ran outta gas 5 miles from home...was trying to experiment how many miles i get after the range goes to 0....had a gallon of gas in the trunk....btw 440-450 highway miles and ~55 city miles....

on the way to STL from KC

here is the thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/so-i-got-50mpg-769981/

I religiously maintain my car LOL....spark plugs at 60K, oil every 5K, air filter and cabin air filter every 30K

sitting at 160K right now on my 05 5AT

Last edited by swoosh; 02-22-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
haha will let the pix do the talking:

round trip from STL (to KC)...ran outta gas 5 miles from home...was trying to experiment how many miles i get after the range goes to 0....had a gallon of gas in the trunk....btw 440-450 highway miles and ~55 city miles....

I religiously maintain my car LOL....spark plugs at 60K, oil every 5K, air filter and cabin air filter every 30K

sitting at 160K right now on my 05 5AT
That's pretty impressive. I bought my car at 75k and it was driven for less than 2 years so pretty much all hwy by a traveling salesman. I have been very particular about maintenance but geesh, I don't see my car ever getting that kind of mileage. I'll have to read the thread later.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
I drive in SS 99% of the time. anybody start in 2nd gear every time? I always do...I'm never in 1st...feels like the car revs up too quick and im forced to switch to 2nd almost immediately. and no...I don't pound my car to death. I hardly ever get on it unless I'm on the "special road" where speed doesn't matter. no cops/pedestrians/lights/obstructions is paradise.
I've been using SS a lot lately. My brakes are metal to metal, rotor cracked, and its going to be a few more weeks before the new Stoptech BBK arrives so I've been doing a lot of downshifting. Thanks Rotora. On the bright side, since I only drive to work and back very easily, I filled up nearly 3 weeks ago and I'm just barely below half a tank.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:48 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
I've been using SS a lot lately. My brakes are metal to metal, rotor cracked, and its going to be a few more weeks before the new Stoptech BBK arrives so I've been doing a lot of downshifting. Thanks Rotora. On the bright side, since I only drive to work and back very easily, I filled up nearly 3 weeks ago and I'm just barely below half a tank.
yeah I read about your rotora troubles...real shitty situation on your hands. I'd be pissed.

I won't be driving the TL much starting next month except for nights if I go out or weekends. got a new job and new home and I can walk to work...about 1/2 mile away. gonna pocket some gas money for sure...and keep the miles down at the same time.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Team Owner

Thats awesome. I would love to be able to walk to work and leave the car parked.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by hleapha
That's pretty impressive. I bought my car at 75k and it was driven for less than 2 years so pretty much all hwy by a traveling salesman. I have been very particular about maintenance but geesh, I don't see my car ever getting that kind of mileage. I'll have to read the thread later.
hahah pretty same here....got my car at 62K....previous owner had 62K in 1 year 11 months....all highway....certified preowned with warranty until 84K on everything

honestly i didnt do my research and wasnt on Azine....but walked out paying 23K for a 2 year old with 62K miles with everything (Base non-navi)....

Matt....i use SS 100% of the time and specially after you mentioned the 4-2 downshift, i keep an eye on that....

i remember you saying something about throwing your car in Neutral while coasting....i dont remember what it was and cant seem to find the post....can you explain it to me again (pros and cons) of say driving at 60mph and throwing her into N and coasting to your destination....

Thanks....
Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Team Owner

Angry

Neutral requires fuel to keep the engine running, the same as idling in park. Coasting in gear as long as the fuel cut requirements are satisfied ( >1200rpm, foot off the gas), no fuel is being used.

The actual rpm might be a little lower, 1200 is pretty average but it seems like the manual said 1100 or 1000rpm.
The following 2 users liked this post by I hate cars:
anthracite_ftw (02-22-2012), swoosh (02-22-2012)
Old 02-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Team Owner

Sorry, I don't know how the mad smiley got there this droid has a mind of its own.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts

Old 02-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Team Owner

I have pictures somewhere of >50mpg for a little over an hour. Anyone familiar with the Grapevine should be able to figure it out.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:37 PM

Neutral requires fuel to keep the engine running, the same as idling in park. Coasting in gear as long as the fuel cut requirements are satisfied ( >1200rpm, foot off the gas), no fuel is being used.

The actual rpm might be a little lower, 1200 is pretty average but it seems like the manual said 1100 or 1000rpm.
thank you for explaining that again....i remember you saying 900 but sine i cudnt find the post didnt wanna say anything

Sorry, I don't know how the mad smiley got there this droid has a mind of its own.
its just reflecting whats on your mind
Old 02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Instructor

What is this stress you speak of??? More assumptions from someone that does not know how a transmission works. Are you saying that revmatching can only be done if the ECU does it for you? Good thing you don't drive a manual.

I wish there was a way to speak slowly on the internet so you can understand.

IF THE RPMS ARE ABOVE 1,200RPM AND YOU ARE COASTING, THE FUEL INJECTORS ARE SHUT OFF. HOWEVER.......

IF THE RPMS ARE NOT ABOVE 1,200RPM, THE FUEL INJECTORS ARE FUNCTIONAL......

IF YOU LET IT DOWNSHIFT ITSELF, THE RPMS USUALLY DROP BELOW 1,200RPM.

THIS IS WHY WE DOWNSHIFT TO KEEP IT IN FUEL CUT.

READ AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES TO UNDERSTAND.

No, I give it more throttle when I need to accelerate and let the ECU decide to downshift or not downshift like normal people do. I've also tracked the car since new so I'm slightly more familiar with sport shift than you are, maybe you could learn something if you could understand that you know very, very little about cars and you listen to others.

My poor car? I drive normal 99% of the time. With comments like this "The good thing about this car is whenever I lose my mind going at light speed on the highway my MPG improves when im finished speeding " throughout the thread, you might want to worry about your own car. I'm not exactly sure what that means but I'm sure it's something about driving fast through traffic in your slow car.

I understand how much skill it takes to push a lever back and forth and drive fast in traffic but your theories are pretty retarded.

You should have bought a manual.

To everyone else, this is awesome, you can drive the shit out of your TL and get better than stock mpg just by following this guy's shifting technique. You should call the Honda engineers and write the shifting logic.
Maybe downshifting will improve gas mileage. But it will also add stress to the TLs tranny. The same tranny that has a bunch of problems.
Personally Id rather take the safe road and not manually down shift and jerk the car to death every time I want to stop. I hope this will be the last time i have to comment on this from you. You probably hate cars so much because you don’t take care of them. Take care of the car and it will take care of you. This thread is for car lovers not haters.

Id be interested to hear from anyone else who drives in SS all the time.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Instructor

Ya i forgot to mention do start in second alot. The take off feels more relaxed then 1st.

There was a thread I saw where someone said when you start in 2nd and stay in second when you come to a dead stop the gear will still be in 2nd (and not downshift into first). I see this happening 50% of the time... I’m still trying to understand how that works, so driving on stop sign filled streets would be easier...
Old 02-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Team Owner

Maybe downshifting will improve gas mileage. But it will also add stress to the TLs tranny. The same tranny that has a bunch of problems.
Personally Id rather take the safe road and not manually down shift and jerk the car to death every time I want to stop. I hope this will be the last time i have to comment on this from you. You probably hate cars so much because you don’t take care of them. Take care of the car and it will take care of you. This thread is for car lovers not haters.

If you researched transmission threads you would see that harsh downshifting is cheap and easy to cure. If it "shifts and jerks" you have not found that info yet. Additionally, the cause of the problems are known and easily fixed and I'll give you this one bit of info, its not manual downshifting that causes the failures. Good one on the i hate cars thing. Are you 5 years old? Yes, I don't take care of my car lol.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:22 AM

I lol-ed...

Thunderrrr, there are couple people on the forum who i blindly follow....call it my trust in them or just plain stupidity.....i follow them as they have solid proof of what they do....because they know how shit works and what breaks stuff....what you should do to take care of it and what you shudnt do in order to save it....

there is no point arguing back and forth with such members coz you will be proved wrong eventually or flamed as they have a very very big fan following....

my honest advice to you will be recognize such members and take everything they say into consideration....

IHC (I Hate Cars) and Inaccurate TOP that list....just my
The following users liked this post:
Slpr04UA6 (02-23-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Thunder, you're new and lets get this straight.

Please stop. You're talking out of your ass. Your opinions are ALL speculation and based on almost zero proof and/or respectable data.

Stop using the logic you learned from google.com.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Instructor

In this time of expensive gas prices i am sharing some things i have noticed. Again i dont think i am wasting more gas by driving the way i drive. The mpg reading is already proving me right. If i hate cars doesnt like it. I could care less. I enjoy driving in ss mode all the time, and would like to see more threads about it. Again if u dont like it thats ur problem.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:12 AM

And yet you haven't really proved anything. :/

I get 34 MPG highway, and 18 City. I average around 24-26 in a mix.

You can't ask for more for a 6 year old Luxury V6 Sedan.

And maybe you haven't bothered searching? They are literally HUNDREDS of threads like this.

Facts vs Fiction.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:41 AM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
can't stump the IHC
Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 AM
My First Acura

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
It's like watching a 12 year old debate a college professor. This thread makes me LOL
justnspace (02-23-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 AM
OOOOOH

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Bottom Line: OP is an idiot. I'm not trying to be a dick, but he has clearly demonstrated his lack of car knowledge and common sense, and lack of willingness to listen to those that know what they're talking about.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Team Owner

I should've laughed it off, I was wrong to try and explain it. That's what happens when I get bored.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
I should've laughed it off, I was wrong to try and explain it. That's what happens when I get bored.
No, thank you for explaining it.
I hate cars (02-23-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 AM
My First Acura

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I think I speak for almost everyone when I say we appreciate your informative postings. I have learned a lot from reading through your threads and posts.
The following 3 users liked this post by xander569:
justnspace (02-23-2012), NWSTL (02-23-2012), Slpr04UA6 (02-23-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
I use SS a lot in city driving and get nowhere near those numbers even though I think I am doing it while trying to get the best MPG. I'm getting like 18 MPG when I SS, but I also have a lead foot.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Again:

I have always thought that the higher the rpm the more gas it consumes regardless whether ur foot is on or off the pedal, but ur thought is indeed some interesting info.One question though, why do they set it at 1,200rpm? is it possible to set it lower? (maybe saves more gas at stop light??)

due to the recent gas rise (I paid $50 for 11 gal of Chevron 91 last night...FML) so i decided to start using SS to see if that makes any difference. I reset my mpg (I have been averaging 21mpg for the past couple months)
So driving to work this morning in the SS mode, i average about 25 mph and it's about 10 miles to work. Start in 2nd gear every time, shift before 2000rpm, and downshift whenever i had to slow down, tried to keep it above 1200rpm unless it's a complete stop, surprisingly I ended up averaging 23mpg.....i no its only 10 miles, i am gonna use the same method driving home tonite....but yeah.....i get a little busier than normal cuz i have to pay attention to the road and rpm at the same time, and cuz this is the first time i use SS, i sometimes forgot which way to upshift or downshift...(and switching songs on my phone too....)
People can bullshit about their knowledge....but numbers don't lie....
Old 02-23-2012, 12:59 PM

I drive correctly and get great mileage. The only time I get horrible gas mileage is bumper to bumper traffic. In rural/city driving, I always de-accelerate at least 100FT away from a stop light/stop sign trying to minimize braking. Prior to going up a hill, I'd accelerate slightly and de-accelerate once I hit the hill than leave it coasting going down. I also pay attention to traffic. I always find out how far and what is the reaction of the driver AHEAD of the guy in front of me so I know when to de-accelerate or cruise. It takes practice, but it is easy to save MPGs. I average 34 MPG highway. No bumper to bumper traffic I average 23 MPG in city, but as of late I've been getting real impatient so I've been getting like 18mpg cause I've been driving like I stole it. :X

Last edited by TheChamp531; 02-23-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Better MPG using SS?! How I do it...