Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best color interior w/Anthracite?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 11:31 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best color interior w/Anthracite?

I think the Acura site "Build" options only had quartz and ebony as interior choices w/Anthracite...is this all there is? What looks the best anyway?

Thanks-
Old 05-29-2004, 01:53 AM
Team Anthracite

anthracite allows camel ebony and quartz.

personally i dont like camel because it looks orange and old to me. and it would have the fake wood interior that i dont like.

ebony and quartz both have the all aluminum trim interior and i like that. the quartz is probably cooler in the summer, but i dont like the light grey look... it looks like a cheap interior with quartz IMO

i like the ebony myself. but thats just my personal opinion.

i wish they allowed all the interiors for all the cars. id love to see a blue TL with black interior or an anthracite with parchment.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:56 AM
5th Gear

Thanks! Anyone else?

I'm leaning toward Anthracite/Ebony or Nighthawk/Parchment.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:34 PM
USC YQUE

Cool Opinions, opinions.

Originally Posted by cbr9racr
Thanks! Anyone else?

I'm leaning toward Anthracite/Ebony or Nighthawk/Parchment.
I was going to go Anthracite/Camel and in the showroom I sat in an Anthracite with Quartz interior and I must say I LOVE IT!!!

Quartz interior would be cooler in the summer and would hide dirt better than camel. From what I been reading it seems those with an ebony interior spend much time dusting it off as it shows dust much more easier. In addition, I feel that the light colour of the quartz helps to create a less cramped interior. The ebony may have the effect of creating a more cramped interior and in my opinion seems pretty boring; less 'airy'. I think the ebony interior will get pretty 'old' fast. Just my opinion.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Team Anthracite

I am waiting for my TL in Anthracite w/Camel interior. I saw it in the showroom and fell in love with it. I like the wood trim and the orange look to the Camel. IMO....very rich looking.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:52 PM
Team Anthracite

changed some stuff. this is a test.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anthracite with Ebony . . . can't be beat!
Old 06-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
I love anthracite and camel.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Instructor

I got Anthracite with Quart and I love it! It's cool and look good with Anthracite especially under direct sunlight. I also like the two tones and constract between the dash and the quart interior. I have pic of my car with quart, if you want I can send you.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Definitely Anthracite with Ebony. I think the aluminum trim contrasts well with the black leather. The quartz tends to blend in. I think its a more elegant look, but that's just a girl's opinion.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

The only color that works with Anthracite is Camel.

Quartz = Rent-a-Car dull. Doesn't look like real leather. In fact, it's not real leather. It's pleather.

Ebony = Dust magnet. No interior looks better the first six months; no interior breaks down and ages faster from month seven to month thirty-six.

Camel = Light enough to not show dust. Looks like real leather because it *is* natural leather in appearance. Tasteful yet sophisticated.

Do what you want. But don't go for the aging rent-a-car options....

BJ
Old 06-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by sepatel
Definitely Anthracite with Ebony. I think the aluminum trim contrasts well with the black leather. The quartz tends to blend in. I think its a more elegant look, but that's just a girl's opinion.
Ditto. Ebony really looks sharp with the trim. No other color combo.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:42 PM
ImayBparanoidButNoAndroid

I have ebony. I went on a test drive with my brother in law who fell in love with an SSM/Quartz. The quartz is starting to grow on me.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Definitely Anthracite with Ebony. I think the aluminum trim contrasts well with the black leather.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by boltjames
The only color that works with Anthracite is Camel.

Quartz = Rent-a-Car dull. Doesn't look like real leather. In fact, it's not real leather. It's pleather.

Ebony = Dust magnet. No interior looks better the first six months; no interior breaks down and ages faster from month seven to month thirty-six.

Camel = Light enough to not show dust. Looks like real leather because it *is* natural leather in appearance. Tasteful yet sophisticated.

Do what you want. But don't go for the aging rent-a-car options....

BJ

Ummm, get a clue. The leather is the same regardless of color (i.e. REAL leather on the steering wheel, shifter, seat surfaces, etc. w/ vinyl/leatherette on the sides and back of the seats)
Old 06-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by jwaters943
Ummm, get a clue. The leather is the same regardless of color (i.e. REAL leather on the steering wheel, shifter, seat surfaces, etc. w/ vinyl/leatherette on the sides and back of the seats)
Re-read my post. Of course all the TL's feature real leater.....my point is that the Quartz leather looks like immitation leather. I know. The wife has a 2003 Honda Odyssey with the quartz interior and it doesn't look rich at all. Looks like pleather......mistaken for vinyl all the time. Do you see a lot of people wearing grey leather jackets? Do you sit in grey leather office chairs?

Black and natural colors (Parchment, Camel) look like leather. Can't be mistaken for anything else.

BJ
Old 06-12-2004, 02:37 AM
Racer

Re-read my post. Of course all the TL's feature real leater.....my point is that the Quartz leather looks like immitation leather. I know. The wife has a 2003 Honda Odyssey with the quartz interior and it doesn't look rich at all. Looks like pleather......mistaken for vinyl all the time. Do you see a lot of people wearing grey leather jackets? Do you sit in grey leather office chairs?

Black and natural colors (Parchment, Camel) look like leather. Can't be mistaken for anything else.

BJ

amen brotha
Old 06-22-2004, 03:53 PM
Advanced

Question about color combo.

Hey guys i'm actually in the process of trying to purchase an 04TL upon trading in my 01 CL Type S. I need a bigger car. Anyway i read the info. about the interiors and what would be best for Antracite. What if i were to go with Nighthawk Black Pearl? I was thinking about Parchment. If anyone could help me out definitely do so. Thanks
Old 06-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Team Anthracite Member

If I went with NBP, I'd still get the Ebony. Black on black looks sweet. Like stated earlier, I like the contrast between the black leather, the aluminum trim, and the carbon fiber. Not too sure how I feel about the wood trim with aluminum. It is wood trim with Parchment, right? But that's just my opinion. Good luck!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by PossibleTL
Hey guys i'm actually in the process of trying to purchase an 04TL upon trading in my 01 CL Type S. I need a bigger car. Anyway i read the info. about the interiors and what would be best for Antracite. What if i were to go with Nighthawk Black Pearl? I was thinking about Parchment. If anyone could help me out definitely do so. Thanks
Black interiors show wear faster than any other option. Dark and confining.

Quartz interiors look dull and non-leather. Gloomy.

Camel is a bit sophisticated for many people, but it doesn't show dirt and makes the cockpit seem more spacious.

Parchment is terrific but if you've got issues with dirt you may want to pick another option.

BJ
Old 06-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Intermediate

NBP with Ebony is the best...............
Old 06-22-2004, 06:47 PM
SOLD

It depends on the look you want. Sporty, or luxurious? The sportiest interior I think is Black, carbon fiber and all. Quartz does almost look like just cloth. Camel if you want to be different yet still luxurious, and if you just want to be simply luxurious the Parchment. In your situation if you want sporty Black, and if you want luxurious Camel. I chose NBP with Parchment because the exterior already looks sporty, and if I had a luxurious colored interior, it would be a good blend of both. If I would have wanted sporty I would have gone Black. I think contrast looks good!
Old 06-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
for Anthracite, I like Ebony, but a dude had some pictures of one with Quartz that had some really nice optional equipment that looked amazing a few weeks ago.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:56 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by berlinrl
Anthracite with Ebony . . . can't be beat!
Yep ...
Old 08-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DeMAN
Definitely Anthracite with Ebony. I think the aluminum trim contrasts well with the black leather.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:48 AM
Intermediate

Ebony without a doubt! I've got an Anthracite/Ebony on order.

Why do people think black ages the worst? I think the exact opposite. I have a 10 year old Integra with black leather and you'd never guess it was anywhere near that old. My wife had a beige interior on her last car and I was always paranoid about dirt and scuff marks.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Quartz.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
I really loved the black with camel at first, but had always "kinda" liked the anthracite. Then when the time came to chose and buy, I had switched to anthracite with quartz. But two factors changed my mind with the quartz (which I do think looks good).

One was the fact that it may show dirt and wear more than the ebony. And two was the irredescent blue lighting really looks sharp with the ebony interior. So mine is the anthracite with ebony.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:20 AM
Drifting

Black(ebony) looks the best with the carbon fiber trim, hides the dirt the best, but is hot in the summer sun...but we've got an excellent airconditioner, and I find my car cools down in less than 5 minutes even parked in the hot summer sun. Since you live in Va., where it's pretty hot in the summer, get the windows tinted, and use a sunshield if you have to park the car outside. Ebony realy looks great with Anthracite and the aluminum and carbon fiber trim. But...get what you like and not what others like....that way you'll be happy knowing it's your choice not what somone else likes.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
To JetJock;

Couldn't agree more. He's got to live with his decision, so while he might like to get others' opinions, he should take his own decision regardless of what anyone else might say. The best info we can offer is concrete experiences (showing dirt or wear, hard to maintain, etc.).

I am very pleased with my anthracite/ebony and have never looked back. But I do like some of the other color combinations, too. The car looks good in most of the colors Acura offers (thank God).

I really like the way the cabin lights up at night with the irredescent blue and I think it looks great with the ebony. So subjective, eh?
Old 08-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Racer

I'm making my choice kinda backwards Can't live with Ebony in Vegas (too hot!) and I don't like the Camel and Parchment (like the leather, but not the whole package), so I'm going for the Quartz interior. The exterior color was more of a second choice. Anthracite or Silver. If I don't switch to the RL when I finally see one (first week of October!!).
Old 08-28-2004, 04:08 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quartz

I have had cars with black interiors before - too hot even with air to cool down the car.

In reading the posts on this subject I find it interesting that some people just give their opinions and other imply that you are dumb to make another choice. Just my observation.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

BJ

I disagree. I find that the Quartz looks more luxurious than the Parchemin. I avoid ebony interiors since they often don't age well.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Cruisin'

I got Anthracite/Camel. I like it a lot. Thought about Quartz but didn't like the carbon fiber look and I thought the Quartz was too light in color. I like the contrast between Camel and the wood-tone trim. Looks rich. After driving the car a couple of months, I'm glad I got the Camel. Just looks real good to me.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by Larry Robertson
I got Anthracite/Camel. I like it a lot. Thought about Quartz but didn't like the carbon fiber look and I thought the Quartz was too light in color. I like the contrast between Camel and the wood-tone trim. Looks rich. After driving the car a couple of months, I'm glad I got the Camel. Just looks real good to me.
Anthracite/Camel is killer. You've got the most sophisticated exterior color, so why not marry it to the most sophisticated interior choice too?

I was going to put Quartz headrests on the Camel interior so that it would match the exterior, but decided against it.

BJ
Old 08-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Advanced

I agree, love the AM/Camel combo.... I did not like the carbon fiber look or I might be in Silver with Quartz!
Old 08-28-2004, 10:27 PM
professional TL driver

Anthracite with the ebony interior, i love the look of the car. for anyone who is thinking of buying one go look at them!!!! if you are going to spend 35k + on a car make sure you enjoy what you get!!!! i had to wait 3 months for my car as it had to be built!!! i wasnt taking anything else. it seems that they didnt build to many anthracite/ebony/6mt/navi tls (at least there were none on the entire eastern sea board when i went looking. i even went to two seperate dealers just to make sure the first wasnt just pulling my chain) my point is, sit in them and decide, some like it some dont. i like the ebony because it hides stains, my last car had a grey interior and the floor mats just didnt hold up all that well (turned darker, ie dirty, and yes they were scotch guarded) with time, mud, the inevitable spilt drink, and misc crap. i dont see the quartz, camel, or parchment fairing much better. yes, the ebony will show more dirt, but thats solved by my vacuum. and i dont think that with care the ebony will show any more wear, treat the seats with a high quality cleaner and follow up with the conditioner (lots of conditioner, frequently) and it will hold up just as well as any of the others.

pick on what you like, not others opinion, you have to live with the car not them
Old 08-29-2004, 12:53 AM
Team Secretary of Housing

You have options.....

Originally Posted by TLS-Fiend
I agree, love the AM/Camel combo.... I did not like the carbon fiber look or I might be in Silver with Quartz!
Exactly my feeling. I liked the Quartz best with the Anthracite but didn't like the Carbon Fiber at all. I preferred the "plood" look of the lighter interiors. I had my dealer order the OEM pieces of Plood to replace the CF OEM pieces. I added the additional wood kit and ended up with the look I had hoped to achieve. Like another poster wrote, $35+ for a car, best to get it the way you like it.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Blue is so so

Why can't you select ebony or parchment with the blue TL?

I have the blue TL, but since you couldn't get ebony or parchment, I had to go with Quartz, which is ok, but I would have really preferred black interior and blue exterior.

Anyone know why they don't do this?