Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad experiences with innovative mounts, and what to do moving forward

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 04:50 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bad experiences with innovative mounts, and what to do moving forward

My 08 has miraculously reached 196k miles without any serious problems with the engine mounts, or at least...they're having breaking down not caused any problems besides themselves yet. But the sounds and shifting are becoming substantially so I've been working to replace them for months. I had ordered a side OEM mount, and an Innovative Mounts front mount, but a shipping problem (a series of problems with UPS but not knowing it was going to be a confirmation required shipping from Innovative Mounts set up the whole problem in the first place) has led to months of me trying to get my mounts from them with zero contact back. Emailed support with an acknowledgement that my request was received but months later and I've had no reply. No one ever answers the phone during business hours from any department, and I've never received a call or voice mail back. I ended up finding out after calling them again, they did refund my purchase a while back but they never contacted me to tell me they had, etc. etc.

So overall I'm in a position where I'd like to order the innovative mount again. People here have had a good experience with the mounts and it would save money off the OEM, but this horribly unresponsive customer service has me not wanting to deal with them again. Have any of you had such experiences dealing with Innovative Mounts? Should I be risking ordering again from them? I made my order about 3 months ago!

Sorry if this seems a bit of a rant, but it seems the community should be aware of these bad experiences.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:26 PM
Mr. Detail

Received 198 Likes on 151 Posts
Maybe order from a 3rd party source so you don't have to deal with them directly? Using their side mount only has kept my other mounts from tearing and the vibration at idle with the a/c on is minimal and only noticeable if my hand is on the steering wheel.