3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know a tint shop in lower Connecticut?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:00 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know a tint shop in lower Connecticut?

I am looking to get my windows done and I have not been able to find a place that uses moleskin. Does anyone know of any shops in southern CT that does a good job with TLs?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
haha..yeah...

i couldnt find a single place in CT that used moleskin, most places didn't even know what it is. I ended up calling places in MA and NY to get it done and I went with what most people recommended... Steve @ TintMax. He's in Queens..took me about 2 hours (i'm from the Hartford area), but it was well worth it. He knows what hes doing so he did an excellent job. I highly recommend him. I believe he's out of town until the 7th, but give him a call after that and make an appt 1.888.Tintmax.

he is reasonably priced and also gives your car a free wash after the job. if you have any questions just PM me.

oh and in case you were wondering...he does tint the rear quarters properly and he does tint under the 3rd brake light
Old 08-06-2008, 11:40 AM
no offense. American 4x4s

I very recently had tints done very well (rear quarters and behind the break light) at TintMaster on the Berlin turnpike in Berlin, CT. Any tint shop should be able to satisfy both of those easily. If they can't go somewhere else. TintMaster has 2 other locations in hartford and new london I think. I paid more for the high performance metalic tint and it looks great. They will not install moleskin though. They also insisted on cutting the bottom seal off on the TL's too. That is supposedly the one that does all the damage. I argued and they left it on not garunteeing it wouldn't scratch. (Supposedly they claimed if they cut cut the bottom seal off, leaving the top one on, it would have no adverse affect, such as noise or rattleing because the top seal is still there against the window.) I ordered the moleskin off here and installed it relatively painlessly after a few days before rolling the windows down. Have had the moleskin and tint now for a couple days and it seems to work flawlessly.

I have also heard of a place called Mr. Tint with 3 locations, one in South Windsor, CT and the other two in Mass. I have seen previous work from them on other vehicles ('07 G35) and didn't have any problems, but they had never even heard of the TL problem.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:43 AM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
There's the Tintman in Monroe, CT. He is pretty popular. He is OK but Steve at TintMax in NY is better.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:50 AM
4th Gear

Thanks for all the help. I will definately be able to pick a place with the info posted.