Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone interested in a Stoptech BBK...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone interested in a Stoptech BBK...

I tracked my 04 TL 6mt three times this summer at Summit Point Motorsports Park in West Virginia. The A-Spec suspension, Comptech RSB and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 245 40 18 worked very well. I received lots of complements from instructors about how well the TL handled. The brakes, however, were another matter. At the end of the day the Brembo's, with Motul 600 fluid and Performance Friction 97 pads, left a lot to be desired. The pedal was going all the way to the floor. The Brembo's simply can not handle slowing down a 3500 pound car from 120 mph to 45 mph for turn one, not to mention turns 3, 5, and 10, lap after lap. I spoke to Dave Zeckhausen and he said the problem was a poor bleed, a bleed at the track did show two small bubbles in the lines, but more importantly rotor coning because of heat which prevents the pads from fully and evenly contacting the rotor. I called Stoptech and they said they would make a BBK but only if they had at least 6 confirmed buyers.

If interested parties will post in this thread I will call Stoptech when I have at least 6 buyers. I may confirm with each buyer before doing this to insure everyone is serious. I will be out of town for the next week but look forward to reading your responses when I return.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
I tracked my 04 TL 6mt three times this summer at Summit Point Motorsports Park in West Virginia. The A-Spec suspension, Comptech RSB and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 245 40 18 worked very well. I received lots of complements from instructors about how well the TL handled. The brakes, however, were another matter. At the end of the day the Brembo's, with Motul 600 fluid and Performance Friction 97 pads, left a lot to be desired. The pedal was going all the way to the floor. The Brembo's simply can not handle slowing down a 3500 pound car from 120 mph to 45 mph for turn one, not to mention turns 3, 5, and 10, lap after lap. I spoke to Dave Zeckhausen and he said the problem was a poor bleed, a bleed at the track did show two small bubbles in the lines, but more importantly rotor coning because of heat which prevents the pads from fully and evenly contacting the rotor. I called Stoptech and they said they would make a BBK but only if they had at least 6 confirmed buyers. If interested parties PM me with their name and telephone number I will call and confirm with each party and then notify Stoptech when I have 6 buyers. I will be out of town for the next week but look forward to reading your responses when I return.

Moderator - This thread probably belongs in the Tires, Wheels, and Suspension Forum but I thought I would post it here before you move it to reach a bigger audience.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:38 PM
It is OK to smoke V8's.

Here is another option. https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/i-f%2A%2A%2A-want-shoot-119207/

There is also a Steel Braided brake line kit for our cars. Search in the tirerack.

Also, keep in mind that 18" wheels and tires make the car harder to stop.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
TightTL-I have edited your post a little to conform with the following guidelines for getting a Group Buy set up. Send me a PM if you want to change anything or discuss this further.

It is all right for you to find out how many people will be interested in this.

Since you have already determined how many people will be required, when you reach that minimum, you can contact the seller and he would have to contact Astroboy at robb at acurazine dot com to make arrangements to become a vendor and post in the Sponsored Sales & Group Buys forum.

That would start the ball rolling, and each interested member could contact him directly to arrange for purchase and delivery.

Please do not arrange directly with the seller for this Group Buy until after he has become a vendor here.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:29 PM
7th Gear

Will this be for all 4? or just the fronts? and how much are we looking in regards to price?
Old 09-28-2005, 03:28 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
stoptech kits are really nice, but very expensive... I went wilwood myself
Old 09-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Racer

Im still wtg and hoping if any of these vendors would actually make a custom BBK that says ACURA for our TL'S front and back. Im not planning on taking nor want to test my TL in a track ... personally could care less for that. I just want a BBK to shine when I pop my 19's that match my anthracite. As long as they do there job then Im happy.

Im more about show not GO!!! Those days have past me...
Old 09-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Weekendzs
Im still wtg and hoping if any of these vendors would actually make a custom BBK that says ACURA for our TL'S front and back. Im not planning on taking nor want to test my TL in a track ... personally could care less for that. I just want a BBK to shine when I pop my 19's that match my anthracite. As long as they do there job then Im happy.

Im more about show not GO!!! Those days have past me...
that's exactly what we have, and just to check it out, look at some pictures in my thread in my signature.... the kit's will be ready in the next couple of weeks...
Old 10-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Racer

i just checked stoptech website and they have BBK for AT!!!