3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone had their 3g tl stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dope, did the person use force to open the door or he basically just used a key/tool to open the door?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You just proved my point, if he has the skills to steal our cars, then he would be out stealing more expensive cars. It's even harder to reprogram honda ecu's then audi's. It's not easy.

Again, if he had the smarts/skills to drive away in our cars, then he would be out stealing cars that are worth 2-3 times more.

Originally Posted by vincethe1
well, it's a joke in the 1st place, but what if that guy specializes in stealing hondas/acuras? what if he has a ECU override that he plugs into the car's diagnostics and reprogramms the ECU?

i've also heard about some audis where all they gotta do is get a cutting key to get in (that's a key that is very sharp and strong, when you turn it with force it cuts the pushers inside that adjust to the key and open the door, ofcurce the lock is useless after that but they can always change it after they steal it)...then pop out the instrument cluster...where apperantly audi's ECU is...unplug it and plug their reprogrammed one in and use the cutting key, along with a key that matches their ecu's code to turn the key and start the car...ofcourse it's something i heard and don't know if it will work that easy...but it does make logical sence.

if the guy knows where the tl's ecu is and how to quickly get to it...then that cud be an experienced theif doing a small but quick job.

mabe even someone at the stealership cud have done that...they have access to your vin they have access to anything in your car.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:50 PM
I'M BACK!!!

looked like he just had a key or sumthin or maybe had been watching the car and had some way of opening the door easily
Old 02-18-2008, 12:22 AM
3.2 VTEC

what if (just thinking outloud here) that guy found a wrecked TL or w/e, and got the ECU from it along with an original key from that wrecked car....now wudn't it be easy for him to just open the door using a cutting key...then if he knows how...get to the car's ecu, unplug it, plug his own in, and start the car with the matching key to that ecu....along with the cutting key ofcourse..

it's a possibility, he doesn't need to know TOO much to do that, he might just have the right stuff to steal a TL...he cudn't steal a civic because he doesn't have the ecu for that, or even a kia...but if he has what's needed for a TL, then he can steal it.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:01 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by ndabunka
I use to always laugh at the use of STICKERS on cars but am now double thinking that position on this issue. Recently my neighborhood had 4 houses broken into in a 20 minute period (about 800 houses in neighborhood so lots of potential targets). The IDIOTS were caught less than a day later when they tried (foolishly) to use one of the credit cards they are "acquired" during their robberies. They were from well out of town and had apparently been doing this for a while. When asked why the selected the houses they did, they said that a lot of the houses in this particular neighborhood had "protected by ADT" (or other similar monitoring service) and none of the houses they did hit had any of those signs (so they knew they had less chance of being caught). What's interesting is that while a lot of houses have the signs, many of them no longer carry the service as this is the first time in about 6 years anything like this has happened here. Seems like signage might be the key here. Anyone know where I can get a "protected by LoJack" sticker?

As far as the original poster's co-worker... Sounds to me like a girlfriend got pissed at him for not leaving his wife and had a friend of hers "take care of things". 46 is prime time for affairs (most guys are 15 or 20 years into a marriage and have a tendency to "wander" at their mid-life crisis). Once you have access to the key, replicating it is probably pretty darn simple. Even the signal the key puts out can be easily replicated by the pros. Heck, maybe he even gave the GF a key a while back and never even bothered to ask for it back when they broke up? Trust me, you can NOT tell if a guy has a GF. I've seen some ugly-butt dudes in their 40's with 20 year old GFs.

protected by lojack stickers would be a clear giveaway that they are fake cause i dont think lojack advertises its in the car. Found these while looking around a bit...

I really want viper stickers

http://gift2all.zoovy.com/c=WTadrQzX...dow_Decal.html
Old 02-18-2008, 02:33 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg
maybe security device stickers.
That just lets thieves know which wires to cut (based on brand).

~Cheers~

P.S. Just get a real house security system, not a fake sticker.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 AM
3.2 VTEC

Originally Posted by Go90go

~Cheers~

they were thinking of a sticker for a cheap, VERY cheap alternative that might actually work...i think it's worth a shot.

btw they weren't talking about home security, but about adding the sticker to the window of your car...he just gave an example how homes with the ADT sign get robbed far less often than the ones without it....even if they don't have the systems installed the robbers don't know that.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

any update?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:46 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Go90go

~Cheers~

Am I speaking english? I feel like nobody understands the words coming out of my mouth.

Oh well, I might as well babble lalalala....what was that shit I used to eat back in the day? I used to eat it all the time...

Oh yeah thats right, Pussy.