3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Else Snubbed By Gen 2 TL Drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 03:59 AM
It's Go-Time.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boltjames
There's little doubt that I'm an idiot, but at least I can spell "you're" properly in a sentence that's designed to elicit an emotional response in which my every word is going to be picked apart by vultures. Not my fault you made the wrong won.
What is a "wrong won"?
Old 05-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Papa Bear

Dude, get over yourself. You drive a 04 TL - an ENTRY LEVEL NEAR luxury car, not a fancy 6 figure car! I've been on this board for a while (I know I don't post much) but this is one of the worst thread I've ever seen.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by GOT PSI?
What is a "wrong won"?
Do all Canadians lack a sense of humor or is it just ewe?

BJ
Old 05-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by WWW
Dude, get over yourself. You drive a 04 TL - an ENTRY LEVEL NEAR luxury car, not a fancy 6 figure car! I've been on this board for a while (I know I don't post much) but this is one of the worst thread I've ever seen.
I'm not stuck on myself nor do I think I'm driving a Mercedes. I do, however, experience all the things I wrote- BMW and Benz drivers gawking at my car. But no reaction from 2003 and older TL owners. Just wondering why that's the case. Go buy an 04 and you'll understand.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Burning Brakes

You seem to be the only won here being gawked at, perhaps it's not the car they are gawking at but ewe...... :think:
Old 05-12-2004, 08:26 AM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WWW
I think the TSX is the ENTRY LEVEL NEAR luxury car.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Advanced

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=140448
Old 05-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by Norse396
You seem to be the only won here being gawked at, perhaps it's not the car they are gawking at but ewe...... :think:
While I am handsome, I'm not that good looking that it's me they're staring at (cue for troll to take shots at my camel interior).....

BJ
Old 05-12-2004, 12:43 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WWW
Agreed its pathetic, I'm surprised the moderators let it go this far. Because someone drives 03 TLS its outdated, rediculous. Most people could care less about other cars on the road TL,G35 Etc. whatever it might be, plus in this day and age people dont stare as much anyway. Only we enthusiast care that much 8 times outta 10.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Smitty's Moral Police

Just to introduce a little reality into this thread; which may be folly on my part. Previous generation TL owners already know a lot about the 3rd gen TL, it's not a new thing to them. Brand X owners see the new TL as a completely new and interesting thing, and them looking at it doesn't imply they like or dislike it.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Burning Brakes

While I am handsome, I'm not that good looking that it's me they're staring at (cue for troll to take shots at my camel interior).....
Awwwww he has no sense of humor... look in the mirror trollboy. If you want others to have one, maybe you should too. When they gawk at you it's most likely because you followed them around trying to get them to look at your car, when they do look, your mug scares them off.

New nickname for BJ, gawkingstalker... of course troll is your given name, but everybody knows that. Now go chase down a Gen2 owner and beg him to take notice.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by Monte TLS,MAX
Agreed its pathetic, I'm surprised the moderators let it go this far. Because someone drives 03 TLS its outdated, rediculous. Most people could care less about other cars on the road TL,G35 Etc. whatever it might be, plus in this day and age people dont stare as much anyway. Only we enthusiast care that much 8 times outta 10.
Whoa.....I agree with everything you wrote except the "03 TLS isn't outdated" part, because, well, it is outdated. Very outdated.

Styling matters folks. There was a time that Jennifer Love Hewitt was the "it" girl, now she can't find work. The 03 TL was never a beauty queen even in its first year and now with the rollout of the 04 it really feels dated. When other luxury level cars go through changes, they tend to be just slight design cues. The BMW 3 changes are subtleties to the sheetmetal and some funky head and tail lamps. A Mercedes is always a take on the 1966 model with some subtle design refinements.

The new TL is a rebuild, plain and simple. The 03 and 04's look like two completely different cars. The 04 is for a young executive, the 03 is for the young executive's mom.

BJ
Old 05-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Shift_faster

Whoa.....I agree with everything you wrote except the "03 TLS isn't outdated" part, because, well, it is outdated. Very outdated.

Styling matters folks. There was a time that Jennifer Love Hewitt was the "it" girl, now she can't find work. The 03 TL was never a beauty queen even in its first year and now with the rollout of the 04 it really feels dated. When other luxury level cars go through changes, they tend to be just slight design cues. The BMW 3 changes are subtleties to the sheetmetal and some funky head and tail lamps. A Mercedes is always a take on the 1966 model with some subtle design refinements.

The new TL is a rebuild, plain and simple. The 03 and 04's look like two completely different cars. The 04 is for a young executive, the 03 is for the young executive's mom.

BJ
I agree with BJ. It does look outdated compared to the 04 TL. Most cars (including BMW) look dated when compared to their newer models. (i.e. the 7 series, the 5 series, and the Z3). The older ones looked classier, and cleaner, the newer ones have more complex curves (I'm not sure if I would call it beautiful). Either way, the new models do make the old ones look dated.

However, berating someone for buying the old model is not really worth it. It's their choice, their money, and lastly their car. I don't think I can ever look down on someone's purchase, because they know their needs better than I do.

IMO the standard 03 Tl was for an older buyer, which was why the Type-S was introduced (for younger buyers looking for more "sport"). In the same way, the 6MT was introduced this year for buyers wanting even more of that sport w/ their luxury.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Racer

Is the young executive mom hot?? If so, she can drive wateva she wants!
Old 05-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by DopeTL04
Is the young executive mom hot?? If so, she can drive wateva she wants!
Interesting...didn't look at it from that angle...
Old 05-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Burning Brakes

I agree with both BJ and Pooch, except for Jennifer, she may not be "it" anymore, but she definately has "it" still.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Norse396
I agree with both BJ and Pooch, except for Jennifer, she may not be "it" anymore, but she definately has "it" still.

And could definetly get "it"!
Old 05-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Anytime she wants!
Old 05-12-2004, 01:17 PM
shopguy

Ive gotten some real nice complements from previous gen TL owners. Havent noticed snubbing. Even BMW and Mercedes owners love my new car. No one has said otherwise. Got to admit, its a damn nice car if I do say so myself
Old 05-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Drifting

That's funny, but I'd never hate on the 04's. But I'd love to tap one!
Old 05-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Need a WHAmbulance

BJ
You are an idot. Why don't you just put a neon sign on your car so you will be sure to get noticed. There are some very legitimate reasons for buying a car at the end of the model cycle. Some real deep discounts for one. Not everyone shares your thoughts that the 04 TL is the most beautiful car on the road so get over yourself. Enjoy your car and stop worrying what other people think. Of course you are one of those people that click the little counter everytime someone looks at it and compares the numbers for bragging rights. What a conceded, arrogant ass. :piss2:
Old 05-12-2004, 01:50 PM
My Home Planet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought this thread started out as humorous until the rest of you gaybos actually started to agree with this guy. :smackhead:

Get yor heads outta the clouds and back up your ass were it belongs.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Talking

I find it sort of humorous (but also a bit disturbing) that the only drivers on the road who completely ignore my '04 TL are the '03-and-older TL drivers.

I've been stopped / followed / stalked / gawked-at by drivers of BMW's, Benz's, Lexus', Infinities, Honda's.....you name it. From lawyers to police officers, I get at least two peeks a day from drivers of these autos who apprecate the new TL......with one notable exception......

I see more Gen 2 TL's on the road than any other car I can think of. Maybe it's my Acura-sense that does it, and I know there are statistically more BMW-3's out there, but I see tons of older TL's. Well, in the 2+ months I've owned the car not a single one has even glanced at the vehicle. After a few weeks of this behavior, I tried to force them to look. I speed up to their side while on the highway. If they're behind me, I slow down. I park next to them at the supermarket and wait for them to come out with their groceries to at least give a glance. Still nothing. Anyone else getting the same treatment?

Short of crashing into one, anyone have advice as to how to get their attention? I don't need it that badly, but it is annoying me more than body side moldings and debadging.

TIA

BJ
Get over yourself, and your car.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by Dare_IL
You are an idot. Why don't you just put a neon sign on your car so you will be sure to get noticed. There are some very legitimate reasons for buying a car at the end of the model cycle. Some real deep discounts for one. Not everyone shares your thoughts that the 04 TL is the most beautiful car on the road so get over yourself. Enjoy your car and stop worrying what other people think. Of course you are one of those people that click the little counter everytime someone looks at it and compares the numbers for bragging rights. What a conceded, arrogant ass. :piss2:
Please stop buying luxury cars and instead invest the money in a good English tutor. You'll never get a 700 on your SAT's with this type of effort, son.

BJ