Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else NOT happy with their TL-S??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:48 PM
08 TL Type S A-Spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone else NOT happy with their TL-S??

Hello everyone. Well, I am 1/2 way thru my lease (18 months of ownership) and I have come to the conclusion that I am NOT real happy with my 2008 Acura TL-Type S. (Thank GOD I leased this TL-S)

At first, it was love at first sight. I picked up a 2008 TL-S in Carbon Bronze Pearl with the Taupe interior........added the A-Spec Body Kit........did some LED lights (inside/out)........did a K&N air filter.
So far so good right???
Since then.......the "love" for this car has been fading fast.

Problems:
THE SPARK KNOCK FROM THE ENGINE! Geeez! This is beyond annoying. No matter what company's Premium (91) octane I use......it sounds BAD.

The squeaks/rattles/vibrations on the inside of the car. C'mon, it just turned 14,000 miles and it sounds like it has 140,000 miles on it!!!!!

The CLUNK the car makes if it sits for a while, then I start it up, then start to drive.........CLUNK from the rear end.

My passenger window will not roll back up. Need to take it to the dealer AGAIN!!

The passenger & driver power mirrors CREAK/RATTLE when you try to adjust them (especially if you let it adjust for REVERSE/baking up).

The CHEAP/THIN leather on the seats & steering wheel. I already have small wear/tears on my driver and passenger seats!! Only 14,000 miles on the car!

The TERRIBLE/UNACCEPTABLE OEM/FACTORY Michelin tires. Garbage. I replaced mine at 3,000 miles. Sold the stocks on Ebay for $300.00

Excessive Front Break DUST on the wheels. Seriously, it is BAD. I clean my wheels almost every other day!

The GOOFY/SLOW Paddle-Shifters. Wow. Could they shift any HARDER & SLOWER?? It is almost comical when I do use them......which is almost NEVER

Anyways, for the MSRP of $39,000 for this car.......I say NO WAY. Sorry if this makes any current/future owners upset.......but this is my review at 14,000 miles & 18 months of ownership. I went from I LOVE this car! To I really don't think I will own another Acura in 18 months.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vegas- I've been driving an 07 TL-S for 5 months now, and out of the entire series of issues that you've mentioned, the only two I can concur on is the excessive brake dust, and the shitty-ass stock tires (I'm replacing both the brake pads and the tires in the near future). Mine's a M/T tho, never messed with the paddle shifters on an A/T TL-S.

I'd be pretty pissed too, if I encountered your issues. But there's no shortage of praise for the year and model of the car you own, right here on this forum. It sounds like you pulled a lemon- good luck man.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:31 PM
G Force

Originally Posted by VegasRPh
Hello everyone. Well, I am 1/2 way thru my lease (18 months of ownership) and I have come to the conclusion that I am NOT real happy with my 2008 Acura TL-Type S. (Thank GOD I leased this TL-S)

At first, it was love at first sight. I picked up a 2008 TL-S in Carbon Bronze Pearl with the Taupe interior........added the A-Spec Body Kit........did some LED lights (inside/out)........did a K&N air filter.
So far so good right???

Problems:
THE SPARK KNOCK FROM THE ENGINE! Geeez! This is beyond annoying. No matter what company's Premium (91) octane I use......it sounds BAD.

The squeaks/rattles/vibrations on the inside of the car. C'mon, it just turned 14,000 miles and it sounds like it has 140,000 miles on it!!!!!

The CLUNK the car makes if it sits for a while, then I start it up, then start to drive.........CLUNK from the rear end.

My passenger window will not roll back up. Need to take it to the dealer AGAIN!!

The passenger & driver power mirrors CREAK/RATTLE when you try to adjust them (especially if you let it adjust for REVERSE/baking up).

The CHEAP/THIN leather on the seats & steering wheel. I already have small wear/tears on my driver and passenger seats!! Only 14,000 miles on the car!

The TERRIBLE/UNACCEPTABLE OEM/FACTORY Michelin tires. Garbage. I replaced mine at 3,000 miles. Sold the stocks on Ebay for $300.00

Excessive Front Break DUST on the wheels. Seriously, it is BAD. I clean my wheels almost every other day!

The GOOFY/SLOW Paddle-Shifters. Wow. Could they shift any HARDER & SLOWER?? It is almost comical when I do use them......which is almost NEVER

Anyways, for the MSRP of $39,000 for this car.......I say NO WAY. Sorry if this makes any current/future owners upset.......but this is my review at 14,000 miles & 18 months of ownership. I went from I LOVE this car! To I really don't think I will own another Acura in 18 months.
Sounds terrible, I have my TL-S also CBP, but with Ebony/Silver and Bridgestone RE030 since July 2007, and the only little thing that annoys me is the rattle around the driver window...

My has over 30,000 miles, and looks and still smells like a new car... My driving wheels are like new...

But never had issue, actually friends who ride with me are impressed... I keep it in very good condition... And whenever I step on the gas, it makes me feel the car jump out the traffic...

As for the dust, it's typical on all OEM Brembo's pads... After I had my 1st front pad replaced at 23,000 miles, I picked ceramic, and no more dust...

As for the tires, I just replace my Bridgestone RE030 at 30,450 miles with Costco's Michelin Pilot Sport PS2. Guys at Costco were impressed with my Bridgestone since it's only 140 A A; and I've notice after getting the Michelin 220 AA A, the ride feels quieter.

Seriously, don't know how bad your ride is...
Old 09-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
meh, you just have different opinions then the rest of us

the knocking I dont have so I have no opinion

the rattles I do, but I lowered mine and my suspension is pretty stiff. my wife doesnt even try to put make up on.

my windows roll up, if they didnt I would go to the dealer AGAIN, if I had to.

chip thin leather? Im a mechanic and I dont treat my interior the way I should I will admit. But I havent worn anything out at all.

tires? dunno, mine are in a closet in my garage. I let other AZ members and myself use them when they need a set for any reason.

excessive front brake dust? I would say for your next car dont get Brembos.

I dont have paddle shifters, if I did I wouldnt use them. I thought the type s was just manual. well either way I wouldnt use them

really all I can say is that no matter what car you get, if you dont buy it used you will lose your ass. its not worth 39K.....it never was and never will be....

Im not trying to downplay your post. I know you're not happy. But when someon in your position feels this way theres nothing I can say to make you happy. Just dump it and get something that you "think" you'll be happy with.

My car is an 05. I bought it brand new. I dont ever think about what I paid or what I can get for it, even after the money I put into it.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:35 PM
wut.

So far so good right???

Problems:

You're just picky as f*ck.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by CG2PROJECT
if thats all you have to add then dont fucking post

yes hes picky. but at least explain yourself
Old 09-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Wow sounds like you have one POS Type S. My 07 has 29K miles and is 100% rock solid. The interior is dead silent no rattles whatsoever. Engine does not make any noises with any of the local 93 octane, tranny is silent etc etc.
Maybe you just got a fluke I dunno. Do you beat the crap out of the car? Im sure you dont so I really cant explain why yours is the way it is. Smoothest, most quiet car I have ever owned.
Love it.

James
Old 09-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Problems:

I thought you ran 87 in this car and since it is a lease you don't use 91 or was that only when gas prices were really high?

Just for fun, I tried some 87 octane in my car (just to compare) to see if it would perform or ping more/less.
WOW. It PINGS LIKE CRAZY!!!!
I had it out on the freeway, going up an exit-ramp during acceleration......."ping-ping-ping"

Well, all I can say is.........thank goodness I leased the 2008 TL-S.

No way am I gonna run 91+ octane in this GAS DRINKER at $4.15/ gal.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear your dissatisfaction on your 08 TLS. I have can agreed with some of the issues you mentioned. I used to have the "clunk" and the dealer replaced the rear struts. I do have rattles too, but not to the point that it is annoying. I heard about the engine knocking, but I don't have this in my car. Someone posted a while back saying installing an intake will eliminate the knocking. No sure if that is true, but worth a try.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Burning Brakes

i mean my pings a little nothing that bothers me just sounds like a normal runing engine, i had the creaky sideview mirrors but had them replaced under warranty
Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ggesq
I thought you ran 87 in this car and since it is a lease you don't use 91 or was that only when gas prices were really high?
Wow anyone that is that strapped for cash that they will put the less than required fuel in their vehicle shouldnt be driving something that expensive. The difference between 93 octane and 87 is what a couple bucks at most for an entire tank???????

Stinks that you leased it now you get nothing back when you get rid of it. Expensive rental car.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CG2PROJECT
Originally Posted by trancemission
if thats all you have to add then dont fucking post

yes hes picky. but at least explain yourself

Owned, run along accord, run......

OP, i know how ur feeling, theres a few issues with the TL but what car doesnt. IMO atleast its not like bimmer, when u got an issue, ur gonna break bank to pay for repairs.

but. I do feel like some of ur issues are really particular. sqeeky things? lol, break dust?! u got Brembo's man! crappy tires!?! all tires that come from a honda/acura dealership are crappy. just wait till they wear out and get better tires if u wish lol, these are all very minor. on the bright side, you leased it, so now u can get what you want.

on a side note, is there really an accord forum on AZ?

Last edited by PagnasTL; 09-04-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:18 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
i feel ur pain...

go over to another company then i guess VQ maybe?
Old 09-05-2009, 01:27 AM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I remember you. You got your TL-S around the same time I did...I'm halfway through my lease as well.

My engine doesn't ping.

I have rattles everywhere. I'm taking my car to the dealer on Wednesday...hopefully they can fix a few of them.

No clunks here...

My windows are all fine.

My side mirrors are all fine.

Yes, my leather is wearing a little too quickly but whatever it's a lease.

I sold my Michelins after a week...I remember you and I were pming about tires, we ended up both getting the Falken 452s. I ended up making $40.

OEM brake pads dust like crazy...BUT BRAKING IS PHENOMENAL and has saved my ass enough times to be worth the dust.

Paddle shifters are useful whenever I feel like taking canyons...not really much in real-world driving.

Sounds like you're either too picky or just got a lemon.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:59 AM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
i can see why u went from loving ur TL to hating ur TL , but if u look at the '09+ model cars, there not too hot looking so i dont kno what car ur gonna drive now. Like the Lexus GS and ES are sooo ugly. The 09 TL??? Beamers juss have ugly interiors. My point is, the TL is still the car I'd pick if I had to do it all over again. It's the only affordable car (not those 100,000$+ exotic cars) that looks good inside and out. i loved it so much, i didnt even test drive it. it seems like all car company's are luxury cars now. HID, LED Navi, back up camera, fog lights, can all be found in a Ford Fushion or Nissan Maxima. Honda Oddesy Van. a Prius.
I see all these new model cars and im not impressed. i dont even gawk or look twice when im around one during a red light.

Basically, yea the TL aint the best car, but at the same time no other car makes me jealous. Honestly, if i try REALLY hard, the 2009 Acura RL looks good to me and maybe the Lexus LS 450, but thats it.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:47 AM
G Force

Originally Posted by wall e
i can see why u went from loving ur TL to hating ur TL , but if u look at the '09+ model cars, there not too hot looking so i dont kno what car ur gonna drive now. Like the Lexus GS and ES are sooo ugly. The 09 TL??? Beamers juss have ugly interiors. My point is, the TL is still the car I'd pick if I had to do it all over again. It's the only affordable car (not those 100,000$+ exotic cars) that looks good inside and out. i loved it so much, i didnt even test drive it. it seems like all car company's are luxury cars now. HID, LED Navi, back up camera, fog lights, can all be found in a Ford Fushion or Nissan Maxima. Honda Oddesy Van. a Prius.
I see all these new model cars and im not impressed. i dont even gawk or look twice when im around one during a red light.

Basically, yea the TL aint the best car, but at the same time no other car makes me jealous. Honestly, if i try REALLY hard, the 2009 Acura RL looks good to me and maybe the Lexus LS 450, but thats it.
Agree, for a car between US$ 30K to 40K MSRP, I'd say TL-S is one heck of a car, everything comes standard... it's not the best, but it is already above many...

If Acura did put a RWD or AWD back then to 07/08 TL-S, sure that might made it perfect...

But, hey OP... go get yourself a bimmer/mercedes/audi... sure, might be better build quality, however, everything else is an option you're adding this and that, easily end up paying something between US$ 45K to 55K... And we're talking 3 Series, C Class, or A4's.... those are tiny as hell.... I'm 5'10" can't find myself comfy in those cars.... By the way, I drove those before while living in Germany... I ended driving A6's, E Class and 5 Series... Oh, and also Passat

BTW, I had my 07 TL-S for US$ 36,800 OTD... I guess it was a very good deal back then...

I have a colleague who got his 06 TSX for around US$ 33K, after knowing what I paid, he was so mad he didn't wait for about 6 months for TL-S... I believe TL-S came out around November 2006?
Old 09-05-2009, 04:02 AM
Make Nice, Not Rice

Hmm, I can definetely see your fustration. Especially seeing your mods list, none of those could have possibly have harmed your car in any way.

I'd say you should take it back to the dealer, explain to them all you said here, and maybe they'll help you do something about it. I've heard dealers even offering a early lease termination to upgrade clients with tl-s to the 09's.

I have a thread https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/how-many-miles-your-odo-741309/ you should check out. As you can see the majority of people don't have any of your problems and you see the wide range of miles the cars endured.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

So far so good right???

Problems:

Everyone knows this, everyone has this. If you researched the car before buying it, you knew what you were getting into.

At least it's under warranty and your the only one I know with this problem.

Is it that loud??

Another little Acura annoyance

Yes stock tires suck, on almost every car.

Simple switch to ceramics should fix this problem.

Should have got the 6MT. If they are too slow for you then don't use them.

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems with your car. Besides the window not rolling up in the back, everything else seems pretty standard about the TL.

But I still love mine
Old 09-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasRPh View Post
Just for fun, I tried some 87 octane in my car (just to compare) to see if it would perform or ping more/less.
I had it out on the freeway, going up an exit-ramp during acceleration......."ping-ping-ping"

Simply put your car hates you for putting 87 in it because you a cheap ass. I feel for the next person who owns your car after you trade it back in. Go get your BMW and dont forget to lift your nose
Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1. Rattles are a known problem with the build on this vehicle
2. My passenger window did that too. It's the actuator, and make sure they check the weather stripping/run channel. If latter is the problem it the window motor will die again.
3. My power mirrors kinda rattle everytime I put it into reverse. I think it just needs some lubrication.
4. Alex, is right about the brake dust, just change the pads. The OEM Brembos and pads are known to kick up crazy amounts of dust.

Hope that helps. But yeah if you're not happy with your car now, then I guess it's time to move on after the lease. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Under construction

And to answer your question, I think very, very few people are not happy with their TL or TL-S. I could probably count them on 1 hand.

Personally, I would be happy as hell to own a TL-S
Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasRPh View Post

Simply put your car hates you for putting 87 in it because you a cheap ass. I feel for the next person who owns your car after you trade it back in. Go get your BMW and dont forget to lift your nose

Nice find!!! and thats why I could careless about how the OP feels. Sounds to me the car is beat to shit. My 07 TL-S has been absolutely perfect and rattle free.
The funny thing is if he is having those problems with the TL just wait till he gets into a different car he will lose his mind!
Old 09-05-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
The only problem I can really relate to are the rattles...they are certainly not enjoyable to listen to. Just turn up the radio.

Anyway, be thankful it's only a lease. I wouldn't be happy either if my new car had as many problems as yours has had. My leather has 80K+ miles on it and is still in pretty good shape.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
Nice find!!! and thats why I could careless about how the OP feels. Sounds to me the car is beat to shit. My 07 TL-S has been absolutely perfect and rattle free.
The funny thing is if he is having those problems with the TL just wait till he gets into a different car he will lose his mind!
Cant take credit for that one that was GGESQ who dug that post up but still I give the OP no sympathy for this thread.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:44 AM
G Force

I remember last time I went to Vegas, the Valet guy push the mirror to adjust, stupid ass, didn't know where the control were, and broke the motor, so, after that, when never I put reverse, it'll make funny noise, and like jerk and rattle, so I brought the car to the dealership and they replaced the motor for free...
Old 09-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Under construction

Originally Posted by georgegiorgio
I remember last time I went to Vegas, the Valet guy push the mirror to adjust, stupid ass, didn't know where the control were, and broke the motor, so, after that, when never I put reverse, it'll make funny noise, and like jerk and rattle, so I brought the car to the dealership and they replaced the motor for free...
That's why I never let valet guys touch my car. I'd rather walk a little then having to pay a visit to the stealership.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts

So far so good right???

Problems:

All these problems aren't really problems at all besides the rattles that to me aren't that much unless you have zero music and paying 100% total attention to them. If you are, you're not driving.

Anyways, lets get started. The Spark Knock or Ping is probably occuring because you did put 87 Octane back than probably several times and your fuel injection is probably dirty (and/or other problems). At the same time, you never tried to get it fixed, ask on Acurazine, or anything else. That's ignorant.

Your passenger window doesn't work? Bring it to the dealer. What's so hard about that? If the dealer is not good, bring it to another. Yeah, yeah you shouldn't have to do that, but that's life, get over it.

Does it matter if you adjust your side mirrors and they make noise? What minor problem are you going to complain about? You only adjust them once throughout your life of your car unless for 1) someone else changes them 2) you get taller/bigger or your vision is different.

Cheap Leather? Obviously, it is not the best, but deal with it. Take care of it, I'm 100% sure you've never b ought the leather protectant at Acura or any other Auto Part stores.
And the fact that there MINOR should be good. You did not lease a 60k+ car and even those cars have issues with there leather and service.

I can't comment on the Michelin tires as I bought mine used without stock tires, but even that, that shouldn't be that BIG of an issue.

Who complains about the Paddle Shifters? It is there just for "fun" use and the "feel" of having a M/T, but not really. It's just there for some enthusiast to have best of both worlds (kinda). And maybe the fact that you actually really don't know how to use it (you'd be surprised how many people can't use it properly).

Brake dust happens, but would you rather have a good 60-0 stopping distance or braking dust. You choose, and the TL is good for there brakes and there safety features, some things that ALL PREMIUM VEHICLES LACK.

You leased the TL-S almost two years ago... with so many problems and never attempted to fix or ask anyone on Acurazine or diligently fix it at the dealership (or other dealerships). Of course the car is not 39k right now, it is probably at least 10k cheaper because of the market and it being an 08 with new models out. Stop complaining, every car has several problems, and the one you listed aren't as bad as you think. People on these forums has been through transmissions, engines (myself), and other things, but we still love the car because we know that just like humans (even though people over use this phrase), that nothing is perfect, even if a group (or in our case, car) are perfect, there will be a bad apple in all of the bunches.

GL with your next future vehicle, make sure to post back how many problems that car had or you haven't noticed because you're too worried about minor things that won't affect anything instead of the big picture.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Soon I will have

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I also have a CBP TL-S and at first I was kinda pissed off by the shakes and rattles. I cam to realize rather quickly that they are very normal and most of us on here experience them to some extent. My mind was put ease as soonas I stepped on the gas and the car took off like a dam rocket ship. At least you are rocking a lease and are not obligated to buy once the lease period is up. Add an exhaust and a ass kicking stereo so you don't have to hear the rattles.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine has been ok, I'm over 10k miles now. It has about 4 or 5 rattles, and they piss me off.

Only other problem was the HFL unit actually fell out of the roof with about 8k miles on it. Seems to be a freak thing, not many others had the problem.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:23 PM
some like it stock

my biggest complaint, besides having the 3rd-gear problem (which the local acura dealer can't "reproduce" and so won't fix), would be the rattles. but it's only when i first start up the car (maybe first 10min of driving) so by the time i got to the dealer they probably wouldn't be able to "reproduce" that either...

overall though, having my type-S (6MT) for five months, i'm thoroughly satisfied. handling, speed, interior (leather is holding up fine in mine) looks... it's a winner. of course i have the high-perf tires so that doesn't hurt. wash the car once a week anyway, so i don't care about brake dust. probably more than i should be paying for a car but i don't regret it at all.

sorry that the OP got kind of a raw deal... but you gotta find a car that fits you. every car is going to have some kind of nagging issue, you just have to look for it.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Racer

You're complaining about brake dust? Don't buy a BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Volvo, or Saab then.

I have yet to hear a rattle in my car. And I am anal retentive about rattles.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jack the ex-cynic
my biggest complaint, besides having the 3rd-gear problem (which the local acura dealer can't "reproduce" and so won't fix), would be the rattles. but it's only when i first start up the car (maybe first 10min of driving) so by the time i got to the dealer they probably wouldn't be able to "reproduce" that either...

overall though, having my type-S (6MT) for five months, i'm thoroughly satisfied. handling, speed, interior (leather is holding up fine in mine) looks... it's a winner. of course i have the high-perf tires so that doesn't hurt. wash the car once a week anyway, so i don't care about brake dust. probably more than i should be paying for a car but i don't regret it at all.

sorry that the OP got kind of a raw deal... but you gotta find a car that fits you. every car is going to have some kind of nagging issue, you just have to look for it.
I had the same problem... and it will get worse. I just left it at the dealer overnight, b/c I told them it happens when it's a cold start. That's when they gave me a 4G as a loaner. They reproduced it, fixed it, and done.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Vegas, I'm sorry to hear about these issues with your Type S. I must have gotten lucky-my Type S has no rattles. I can understand if you don't keep the car at the end of your lease. I now have 19,000 on my 2007 and the tires are holding up well. Sometimes you just get one of those cars (any make or model) that just has to keep going back to the dealership....it sucks.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:36 PM
A Happily Modded TL-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
love my TL-S. the only thing that applies to my car is the brake dust, but it's obvious that you have never owned a car with Brembo brakes...that's what happens. deal with it or buy a lame ass car without a BBK.

I don't have any rattles, squeeks, knocking or anything else...maybe you got a clunker but in general i think your complaints only pertain to you, not everyone else.

lastly, you leased it, so who really cares? Why anyone would even put a $1 dollar mod into a lease is beyond me. It's not a car you will own, so who cares wtf happens to it??
Old 09-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Racer

You put 87 octane in your car "for fun"? You lost all credibility.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:54 PM
5th Gear

I have a issue with my cd changer $450 down the drain
Old 09-05-2009, 06:56 PM
5th Gear

hey I'm new to this forum can you guys shoot me a link to some aftermarket sites, oh yeah does anyone know where i can find a cable for the i-pod link to the stock Navi
Old 09-05-2009, 07:41 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
for what it't worth, I agree fully with the OP... $38k...sigh
my lease was $2.5k down $649 a month

here are some of my problems when I had the car
1. crackling sound when I turned on the ac
2. heater took an eternity to get warm
3. ac on full blast was not cold
4. everytime I open/closed the door the flap on the door panel would rattle
5. the driver side seatbelt kept getting stuck
6. bluetooth never quite worked and I switched phones alot so it wasnt the phones
7. I agree w/ the paddle shifters, and with the shifter the + and - were backward
8. gas mileage (grossely overstated), even stock I never enjoyed anything over 18mpg, and thats highway driving it was usually 14mpg if that
9. the knocking you speak of I had it as valve chatter... ttttttttt
10. the quality of the leather is beyong subpar... my driver seat looked 10years old and I only had 16k on mine the entire lease
11. and the worst off all rattles... I'd cancel one and find another... till the last day I had it I never quite got rid of the sunroof rattle

ps. I didn't keep mine either

Last edited by stillhere153; 09-05-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:12 PM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can see why you're frustrated. With that being said you're not going to see a lot of sympathy from me about the pinging if you've been running 87 octane in the car. We have 93 octane out here on the right coast so not since we had a gas shortage was it something I've ever had to worry about.

I have 50k miles more than you on my car and I don't have any rattles, other than the rear decklid from heavy bass which I've been too lazy to fix. I have owned probably 10 cars since I was 18 and this is the only one that I've ever really wanted to keep for more than a year.

I don't think it will hurt any of our feelings if you switch to a different brand. Don't expect any brand to be flawless though.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by stillhere153
for what it't worth, I agree fully with the OP... $38k...sigh
my lease was $2.5k down $649 a month

here are some of my problems when I had the car
1. crackling sound when I turned on the ac
2. heater took an eternity to get warm
3. ac on full blast was not cold
4. everytime I open/closed the door the flap on the door panel would rattle
5. the driver side seatbelt kept getting stuck
6. bluetooth never quite worked and I switched phones alot so it wasnt the phones
7. I agree w/ the paddle shifters, and with the shifter the + and - were backward
8. gas mileage (grossely overstated), even stock I never enjoyed anything over 18mpg, and thats highway driving it was usually 14mpg if that
9. the knocking you speak of I had it as valve chatter... ttttttttt
10. the quality of the leather is beyong subpar... my driver seat looked 10years old and I only had 16k on mine the entire lease
11. and the worst off all rattles... I'd cancel one and find another... till the last day I had it I never quite got rid of the sunroof rattle

ps. I didn't keep mine either
Wow I dont know what to say. I have absolutely none of the problems any of you mention. Also, how in the world did you get such horrible fuel economy????? My TL-S averages 23 daily driving and 31 hwy.
16K and your seat was destroyed? My seats have 30K and look 100% brand new. Not saying this applies to you but I know seats generally get beat pretty bad with over weight drivers.
I take care of my stuff so I dont know how you guys treat your cars but I will say my TL-S has been a amazing car. 0 problems, 0 rattles, 30K miles looks brand new.

Quick Reply: Anyone else NOT happy with their TL-S??