Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any words of advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any words of advice

I've been on this board since the 3G TL came out and this Tuesday I'm finally going to go to the dealer, woohoo!! I'm looking for a WDP/6spd/Navi, would prefer quartz interior but will take Parchment also. Just read a thread saying this combo is really hard to find so I guess I may have to decide on another color. I really don't feel like waiting until the end of the summer to get the car. Any words of advice as to what I should look for or look out for at the dealership. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Invoice on Navi is $31,960???? I'm excited and can't wait for the test drive. I've only had the opportunity to sit in one, but not drive. I have a 99Integra LS now with 81K on it. Don't know if I'm going to trade it in or sell it on my own. Guess I'll see how much they want to ass rape me on that before I decide. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is some advice - do NOT test drive at the dealership you want to buy it from...it just chnages the whole buying experience - cuz they will see your eyes light up and they will know you are drooling all over it and can't wait to buy. Go test drive at some dealer you'd never buy from (we have one that the prices are crazy - so I use them for things like this) I may even toy around and drop a crazy offer to them like $1000 below invoice and see if they even nibble. But after you know you love the car - test drive was good etc. then go to the delaer of your choice and you have removed (at least in their eyes) the emotion from the deal. Remember it is strictly business - you are there to pay as little as possible and don't be afraid to get up and walk out. Know everything about the car that you want ahead of time. Do not go in there debating colors or options (trunk tray wheel locks etc)

Always go in there and hand them a piece of paper that has typed out exactly - or just tell them exactly what you want and tell them - "I am buying this car today and I would like to buy it from your dealership if we can agree on a price - Otherwise I am prepared to go elsewhere." I have used this technique everytime - gets THEM salivating, not you.

Good luck - and as I always preach out here - do NOT, do NOT negotiate DOWN from sticker. You target below invoice and work back up if you have to.

Enjoy! Man - I love car shopping!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the advice Tbone. Also wanted to get the spoiler. That will be something i'll handle after i get the price of the car. According to the acura website they charge $450 for it, i think. I'm assuming the dealership is going to give me some number like $900, that's what they did when I got my integra. Is $450 what it's going for? Sorry, didn't search, at work.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually told them about my spoiler right up front as well. I even was upfront about the trade in - some people will say get the price and then drop the bomb about the trade-in. I am upfront and tell them the price I want. Then they tried to stick me on the trade-in, so I had all the KBB printouts of what my trade-in car was worth etc. Have all that with you. I think it was like 870 bucks for the dealer installed lip spoiler.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
333 for the spoiler. But I think I only got like $1000 off sticker, so I'm sure they factored that in.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Systems Overlord

Originally Posted by Papaman677
Thanks for the advice Tbone. Also wanted to get the spoiler. That will be something i'll handle after i get the price of the car. According to the acura website they charge $450 for it, i think. I'm assuming the dealership is going to give me some number like $900, that's what they did when I got my integra. Is $450 what it's going for? Sorry, didn't search, at work.
Remember the price quoted on the website for options does not include labor to install. They probably will hit you for around 750 for the spoiler. Also any options purchased with the car are covered by the 4 year - 50k mile warrenty.

If you're considering the extended warranty, don't purchase it from them unless they can give it to you for 1200. If not then you can purchase it online from Curry Acura for that price.