3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any way to make the rear window buttons one touch just like the front windows?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 08:18 PM
05 WDP TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any way to make the rear window buttons one touch just like the front windows?

hello

i was wondering if there is any way to make the rear window buttons one touch just like the front windows?

it would be much easier to open and close them up by having it "click" and just let it go instead of holding it there

would i need to replace the two rear buttons with the front ones since they "click" or what?

any ideas would be appreciated! thanks

wes
Old 08-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Intermediate

Yeh, buy an RL
Old 08-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Team SSM

An idea::: The DEI 530T Window Automation System rolls up two windows automatically when you arm your security system. Also controls venting when armed, and can do a full roll-down when disarmed. Senses obstructions and stops window motors immediately. Also automates factory power switches by providing full window travel by tapping the factory window switch.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:38 PM
05 WDP TL

Originally Posted by TL-N
Yeh, buy an RL

hehe...too late for that
Old 08-08-2005, 08:42 PM
05 WDP TL

Originally Posted by copter
An idea::: The DEI 530T Window Automation System rolls up two windows automatically when you arm your security system. Also controls venting when armed, and can do a full roll-down when disarmed. Senses obstructions and stops window motors immediately. Also automates factory power switches by providing full window travel by tapping the factory window switch.

sounds good....do you know if i can just use the wires necessary to use the up/down feature? the factory keyfob can already vent the windows and i did the mod for the auto close when locking the doors twice

just want to be able to tap it once while im driving

thanks
Old 08-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
This would be wonderful, if anyone knows how to do it. The fronts being one-touch up and down is great, but having to hold the rear buttons is a pain. I know there are some electrical geniuses here...thoughts?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Burning Brakes

LOL, the world has become much lazier
Old 08-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I avoid opening the rear windows like the plague, what with that horrible vibration that occurs unless you open another front window or the sunroof.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Instructor

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I use the fob to get the heat out and then I have to hold the rear buttons to the get the windows up before I drive away, and I was thinking, what an absolute pain in the ...If you have one you should have all. Side note, a friend of mine has a Dogde Neon 2002-3 and he has power front windows and roll down rear ones. It is all relative...
Old 08-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Yes you can, someone has done it on the forum, I can't remember who. My guess is using the same type of relay used on the front doors for the rears...
Old 08-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by copter
thats what i have in my tl. and i love it
Old 08-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by cTLgo
Yes you can, someone has done it on the forum, I can't remember who. My guess is using the same type of relay used on the front doors for the rears...
That's what I was thinking about when I went to lunch...whatever mechanism that holds the button down for you for the fronts could be applied to the rears. It's like the lever on gas pumps...it holds the button down for so many seconds (a couple more than is necessary to roll it up and down) and then the button clicks loose.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:45 PM
05 WDP TL

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
LOL, the world has become much lazier

not lazy....just convenient!!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:47 PM
05 WDP TL

Originally Posted by joshrsmith2411
thats what i have in my tl. and i love it

did you do the wiring yourself? if you did....care to explain? i looked at the instructins and its a bit confusing on which "type" of system the TL uses

and can you just wire it so that you can have the "one touch" feature only and not the others?

thanks
Old 08-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madehtsobi
did you do the wiring yourself? if you did....care to explain? i looked at the instructins and its a bit confusing on which "type" of system the TL uses

and can you just wire it so that you can have the "one touch" feature only and not the others?

thanks
I've done several of these modules however not on my TL. I'm willing to bet that our TL's would be a 'Type B' and you can check it at the switch if you'd like. I considered doing this mod to my TL and commend you for actually doing it. Since doing my 'windows up with factory fob' mod I've gotten lazy and decided to wait for cooler weather (I even have a few extra modules here in my garage).

If you want this feature of 'one touch' up and down from the drivers door switch only you may get away with doing all the wiring at the drivers kick panel (assuming the TL's windows aren't multi-plexed). If you want this option at each rear door as well as the master control switch wires will need to be ran into each rear door itself.

Since you are only doing the rear door windows, you will only need one module, maybe you already knew that.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

I really have no idea about electricial issues, it was aftermarket the shop did it, i love it to death, it sucks when i drive my parents car cause i have to hold all the buttons down, i can vent them, roll them down and up with the remote, also when you lock your doors the windows roll up, i dont think it is as simple as a relay, I have some special thing from dei that does it it hooks up to the viper alarm i have
Old 08-10-2005, 12:31 AM
05 WDP TL

Originally Posted by chusteveb
I've done several of these modules however not on my TL. I'm willing to bet that our TL's would be a 'Type B' and you can check it at the switch if you'd like. I considered doing this mod to my TL and commend you for actually doing it. Since doing my 'windows up with factory fob' mod I've gotten lazy and decided to wait for cooler weather (I even have a few extra modules here in my garage).

If you want this feature of 'one touch' up and down from the drivers door switch only you may get away with doing all the wiring at the drivers kick panel (assuming the TL's windows aren't multi-plexed). If you want this option at each rear door as well as the master control switch wires will need to be ran into each rear door itself.

Since you are only doing the rear door windows, you will only need one module, maybe you already knew that.

i just want this option at the master control switch...no need for the rear doors to have it because i can just control them from the front!

yeh i just thought this would be a cool add on feature along with the window up feature from the keyfob!!
Old 08-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Advanced

Lets not have any doors so we can just get in and out with out any - anything.... lets just float around ..yea!!! lets get lazy!!!! ALL IN THE WIRES , OPEN UP THE DOOR PANEL AND START MAPPING THOSE WIRES ! GOOD LUCK ! CAN BE DONE.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by JERU
I was thinking the same thing the other day. I use the fob to get the heat out and then I have to hold the rear buttons to the get the windows up before I drive away, and I was thinking, what an absolute pain in the ...If you have one you should have all. Side note, a friend of mine has a Dogde Neon 2002-3 and he has power front windows and roll down rear ones. It is all relative...
OMG, no way! That is awesomely (this a word?) funny!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Racer

i just want this option at the master control switch...no need for the rear doors to have it because i can just control them from the front!

yeh i just thought this would be a cool add on feature along with the window up feature from the keyfob!!
I'll have to agree with you on that although it would be nice at each rear door since everything else is one-touch open and close at each location including the roof. The draw back I've encountered is that the switches themselves are not designed for one touch operation lacking that click feel when pushed or pulled all the way (for one touch), which is fine except that the operator of that switch doesn't know of this add on feature unless prompted.

I added this one-touch to all my windows in my 4-dr Integra and my Grand Cherokee at each location and everyone who rides in those vehicles think my windows are messed up. They'll go and press and hold the button till the window is at the desired position and upon releasing the switch the window continues to go till full open or close. Of course then they're totally baffled and repeat but only in the reverse direction using the exact same procedure of course with the same results. Kinda funny to watch actually.

Anyways, the last car I did for my brothers Evo at only the master control and he's said it's been fine. So I'll probably do it this way from now on (easier install too) even though having it at every location seems cool.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't forget to check to make sure the rear windows have the same auto-reverse feature if something gets in the way of closing -- don't want to crush any limbs.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JERU
i was given a loaner 05 neon a few weeks ago for my fiances civic, and same thing, power windows up front and roll down ones in the rear
Old 08-10-2005, 07:48 PM
05 WDP TL

I'll have to agree with you on that although it would be nice at each rear door since everything else is one-touch open and close at each location including the roof. The draw back I've encountered is that the switches themselves are not designed for one touch operation lacking that click feel when pushed or pulled all the way (for one touch), which is fine except that the operator of that switch doesn't know of this add on feature unless prompted.

I added this one-touch to all my windows in my 4-dr Integra and my Grand Cherokee at each location and everyone who rides in those vehicles think my windows are messed up. They'll go and press and hold the button till the window is at the desired position and upon releasing the switch the window continues to go till full open or close. Of course then they're totally baffled and repeat but only in the reverse direction using the exact same procedure of course with the same results. Kinda funny to watch actually.

Anyways, the last car I did for my brothers Evo at only the master control and he's said it's been fine. So I'll probably do it this way from now on (easier install too) even though having it at every location seems cool.

hahahha.....funny friends and funny how you sit and watch them!!

yeh it would be nice for each window to have it but i think its gonna be a p-i-t-a to wire for each door and if we do it that way...and if others want to do it i doubt they will go that route...you know what i mean?

well.....i am a no brainer on electrical wiring and what to wire.....so i most likely will ask my stereo installer to see if he wants to do it for me unless someone here is willing to do the mod and do a write up as well???

i really just want the 'one touch' operation on the two rear windows since we already have the window down and window up feature from the keyfob
Old 08-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rbf351
i was given a loaner 05 neon a few weeks ago for my fiances civic, and same thing, power windows up front and roll down ones in the rear
OMG serious? Now my laugh has change to a disbelief chuckle... how stupid is this.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Racer

hahahha.....funny friends and funny how you sit and watch them!!

yeh it would be nice for each window to have it but i think its gonna be a p-i-t-a to wire for each door and if we do it that way...and if others want to do it i doubt they will go that route...you know what i mean?

well.....i am a no brainer on electrical wiring and what to wire.....so i most likely will ask my stereo installer to see if he wants to do it for me unless someone here is willing to do the mod and do a write up as well???

i really just want the 'one touch' operation on the two rear windows since we already have the window down and window up feature from the keyfob
Yeah I agree with you again. I too may want this from the master control only.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:42 PM
05 WDP TL

Yeah I agree with you again. I too may want this from the master control only.
so you dont think any switches are needed? only one dei 530t module?

are you gonna try this anytime soon?
Old 08-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Racer

so you dont think any switches are needed? only one dei 530t module?

are you gonna try this anytime soon?
I don't think any switches are needed, and only one dei 530t will do. I probably won't do this for a while.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:21 PM
05 WDP TL

cool...ill try to find one on ebay and see if i can ask my friend to install it...ill let you guys know!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:34 AM
Intermediate

sounds good....do you know if i can just use the wires necessary to use the up/down feature? the factory keyfob can already vent the windows and i did the mod for the auto close when locking the doors twice

just want to be able to tap it once while im driving

thanks
Do you have a link to the thread that discusses the auto up with keyfob? iv have seen it before but now i can't seem to find it. Thanks.