Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any TL owners also TSX owners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Lurker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any TL owners also TSX owners?

I didn't want to bother with a TSX site as owners are typically biased toward their cars, but perhaps someone who owns both could be a little more objective.

I've finally talked my GF into ditching her POS IS300 and she's interested in the TSX. She drove one and liked it but is curious if the TSX has any quirks that may not show up on a test drive. A few miles isn't really a chance to get to "know" a car. She's doesn't beat on cars...she's looking for a sport"y" heavily equipped, reliable, well built car in the 25-30K range. She doesn't like the ricer looks of the Evo of WRX (oh well ). The TSX seems to fit the bill pretty good.

To those of you who have a TSX I'm sure I know what you like about it...but more important to long term ownership, what DON'T you like about it. How does it compare with the TL for quality of materials and fit/finish?

And the first one to mention a G-D Chevy will get their snot locker cleaned. Trolls need not respond.

TIA.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:32 PM
! deadmau5 !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We just traded a 2004 PWP TSX for a 2005 "Desert Mist" TL today. (Pickup on Monday.) This is the car we traded ...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/612737

The TSX was a great little car. We got 30 mpg on highway driving; about 27 in mixed (with an AT). An accessory you _will_ want is a radar detector because of the tendency to climb up to 85 mph between traffic lights.

Alas, for longer trips we thought a slightly longer wheelbase and the smoother V6 might be a bit more comfortable. Still trying to decide this evening if we can stand the "gold" color, tho' ... at least we're now away from the orange-y "plood" interior fake wood, which tended not to sit too well over time.

What's not to like about a TSX? Well. after you've memorized all the stats at edmunds.com, and you know the car is 85-95% of a TL (depending on how you rate various features), you'll be sorry you can't be driving both at the same time. It's like having two favorite pairs of shoes. :-)
Old 04-29-2005, 11:43 PM

Received 2,795 Likes on 1,989 Posts
heheh what an old thread
Old 04-29-2005, 11:47 PM
Type II Coupe

POS IS300? Tell me some things you dont like about it..? I'm jsut wondering since I'm a fellow TL and IS300 owner.. But let's see, the TSX.. I had one for about a week as a rental from Acura dealership. I got a 6spd NAVI.. It was a great car.. It has the gas mileage of a 4 banger since it is and the 6spd is smooth as can be.. I felt it was a luxery(spelling i know) and a sporty type car. It was a very appealing and comfortable feel inside the car. I jsut dont like it in Silver! haha but goodluck on the car search!
Old 04-30-2005, 02:23 AM
! deadmau5 !

Whew, Glad we have ACURAZINE as a resource here ...

We were still going back 'n' forth on the color. Desert Mist. Drove to the nearest Acura dealer (not the one we're buying the TL from), and couldn't see any Desert Mist on their new car lot.

Then, tonight, we went through the color poll for 3Gs that's updated monthly here and see Desert Mist sells fewer than 1 in 33 TLs sold. Not good! Even fewer than the red!

Anthracite and SSM were ranking 1 + 2 by us before we went to the dealer Friday. When he opens up tomorrow morning, we'll get him to change VINs to an AM before delivery... if we could get ebony interior with white ext it would be a slam dunk, but we've already been thru parchment (and orange wood) with the TSX, and aren't crazy about the quartz.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Instructor

We just picked up an 05 TSX, White/Parchment yesterday to go with my 04 TL.

We traded in an 03 Passat because it was giving us a lot of electrical problems.

When we decided to ditch the VW, my wife said she wanted to test 3 cars. The TSX, Accord and Camry. We test drove the TSX first. When we pulled in to the dealership, she said, "we don't need to go to the other places. I want this car!" Within 1.5 hours after pulling into the dealer, we purchased the car.

So, to answer the original post, we can't comment on "long term" experience, but it really is a peppy, sweet handling car. And it looks good too!
Old 04-30-2005, 09:44 AM
! deadmau5 !

Originally Posted by Dvus555
We just picked up an 05 TSX, White/Parchment yesterday to go with my 04 TL.
Good taste! That's what we're trading in... if you decide to add more "wood" to complete the interior look, buy the OEM set, don't waste time with 3rd-party kits. (Search my posts in the TSX forum from about a year ago.)

Originally Posted by Dvus555
When we decided to ditch the VW, my wife said she wanted to test 3 cars. The TSX, Accord and Camry. We test drove the TSX first. When we pulled in to the dealership, she said, "we don't need to go to the other places. I want this car!"
We looked at those ... and the Passat, ES330, Maxima, S40 and S60, some misc. Subarus, even tried to find a V-8 Mustang for her to test drive. The TSX's feature set, interior finish, handling, resale value, etc. beat out all the rest by anywhere from $1K to $3K in our competitive valuations. (Wish we could keep the TSX, but my other car's a big-ass SUV and when we have 3 cars, one never gets driven.)
Old 04-30-2005, 12:27 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you said TSX ...damn I thought you said RSX...lol....
Old 04-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought Inline was supposed to provide a smoother ride Then V configuration.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got a TSX and my dad has an 05 TL. Why not have the best of both worlds?
Old 04-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Racer

Two things.

I have had both cars in the last year. I still have my TL.. My TSX got totalled by a box truck 8 days after I had it.. but what a great 8 days.

i will say one great thing about the TSX, although there are A TON OF great things about it.

It is 100% made in japan. I loved it, but after the accident I decided to get a little bigger car and I thought the TSX was jinxed.

Ryan
Old 04-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Cruisin'

Smile

I use to drive a Tsx for one year before deciding to trade in for a TL. I like the Tsx because of it's design, build quality, gas economy and the handling, specially on turns or twisty and winding roads. I decided to trade in for a TL because I want more power and for the gadgets that are not offered on the Tsx, otherwise it is a great car for the value of your money, it is also in the "Car and driver" 10 best car of the year for 2 consecutive years. You can read the reviews in Http://www.Caranddriver.com and decide for yourself.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:00 PM
GOLDEN NUGGET

Is it me, or are there a ton of TSX's out there. Yesterday, I must have seen 10 in a two hour drive, compared to about 4 TL's. It's nice looking car, but more "family/accord" looking after you get past the front end. But it seems a lot of them are leaving Acura dealers at a quick pace.