Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any room for me ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Any room for me ?

hi guys as some of you know me.. i've been on the tsx forums and tl forums... i've posted a few time here but if you dont my name is Jay... i just bought my TL 2 days ago... yes i love it.. took me 4 months to get it from Open Road Acura.. i was pissed the service they gave me was shitty... took like 2 hrs to install the lo jack when they told me 45 min. asked for the spoiler they gave me the deck lid.. ask them to change it they said they cant. this is my 2nd car from open road and my first car i got from them was a tsx and i got excellent service from tommy t but tommy t no longer works there so i had john sousa something like that... but anyways its a NightHawk Black Pearl with Ebony and 5at with navi... if you guys remember i posted about how to convince my mom to get the navi well i got her too =) i got the car for 33,000 with the deck lid (wanted the spoiler) all season mats, wheel locks and mud flaps... but after the lo jack anf 7 yr warrantee extention it came to 35 and some change... drove off the lot with 11 mile on the car... and so far i have no rattles or anything (knock on wood) its been my 3rd day with it and so far my odometer reads 500 soomthing... hhehe i took it on a journey back to new york and to penn to show it off to some friends... when i picked up the car it was snowy so i couldnt take pics.. the weather in the northeast is bad right now and my car is dirty.. i can take a pic of it dirty and with snow on the ground if you guys want to see =) but when the weather gets better i will definately have pics up for you guys.... officially a tl owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for all your helps guys if it wasnt for you guys i would have been a unhappy owner because my mom was going towards the non navi lol =)
Old 03-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Team Secretary of Housing

Originally Posted by I10O0I1
hi guys as some of you know me.. i've been on the tsx forums and tl forums... i've posted a few time here but if you dont my name is Jay... i just bought my TL 2 days ago... yes i love it.. took me 4 months to get it from Open Road Acura.. i was pissed the service they gave me was shitty... took like 2 hrs to install the lo jack when they told me 45 min. asked for the spoiler they gave me the deck lid.. ask them to change it they said they cant. this is my 2nd car from open road and my first car i got from them was a tsx and i got excellent service from tommy t but tommy t no longer works there so i had john sousa something like that... but anyways its a NightHawk Black Pearl with Ebony and 5at with navi... if you guys remember i posted about how to convince my mom to get the navi well i got her too =) i got the car for 33,000 with the deck lid (wanted the spoiler) all season mats, wheel locks and mud flaps... but after the lo jack anf 7 yr warrantee extention it came to 35 and some change... drove off the lot with 11 mile on the car... and so far i have no rattles or anything (knock on wood) its been my 3rd day with it and so far my odometer reads 500 soomthing... hhehe i took it on a journey back to new york and to penn to show it off to some friends... when i picked up the car it was snowy so i couldnt take pics.. the weather in the northeast is bad right now and my car is dirty.. i can take a pic of it dirty and with snow on the ground if you guys want to see =) but when the weather gets better i will definately have pics up for you guys.... officially a tl owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for all your helps guys if it wasnt for you guys i would have been a unhappy owner because my mom was going towards the non navi lol =)
Jay, I am wondering who bought the new car, you or the Dealer?
Why would you pay the kind of money you have, order a specific option and accept less! Do you have anything in writing specifying your request? If the dealer made the mistake, hold them to making it right. If this means that they order you a new car because their mistake is impossible to correct, then so be it! If you don't have anything in writing and things were left up to interpretation, then enjoy your lip spoiler......Enjoy your new TL. I can only hope you are as happy as 99.9% of us on the Forum.
Bruce
Old 03-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
If you have this in writing, this mistake is easily corrected by the dealer. All he has to do is swtich deck lids from another NBP and install the spoiler you want on your car. Don't acdept less than you contracted for.

And welcome to the forum as a 3G TL owner. Don't forget to sign in.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

you guys are right i shouldnt settle for what i contracted for... ron i tried that i told them to swap lids with another NBP but they said the vins are on them and the value of the car would drop a couple grand...
Old 03-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by I10O0I1
i told them to swap lids with another NBP but they said the vins are on them and the value of the car would drop a couple grand...
The VIN shouldn't be on the lip spoiler and the vlaue of the car does not drop a few thousand if you swap to the wing that you asked for. You seemed to be very gullible...... I hope you can settle this
Old 03-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

nah you cant swap spoilers cause there is holes drilled in them so you would have to swap trunk lids but the trunk lid have vins on them... not the spoiler.. i know the spoiler doesnt have vins... only way to solve this is to tell them to get me a new tl or swap trunk lids... but its fine with me its starting to grow on me now so i dont mind... and it was 33,000 with navi and spoiler... so i still think i got a good deal with either spoiler... i dont wanna have to go back and see those assholes... the reset my navi and forgot to put the little cover thing next to the shifter.... and one of my mud flaps werent put on right its lose... but no biggie ill have those fixed when i get my first oil change...
Old 03-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Happy camper

Jay,

Congratulations on your new TL. It's almost like mine except I have a Camel interior.

The lip spoiler looks good, as you said, and I hear what you are saying about not wanting to give your new car back to those gorillas in service. Mine hasn't been back since I bought it. I did the first oil/filter change myself as I dread to have any one else drive it, let alone dragging their Harley belt buckle across my front fenders. Even when I picked the car up new, I had black handprints over the grab bars over the driver's door. (I got them off. But, I shouldn't have to.)

You have to pick your battles. I think the lip spoiler costs less than the wing type so you may want to ask them for a credit for the difference if you're going to stay with it. Then, you can apply the credit to a service or parts bill.

Be sure and check the 3G Garage "sticky" on the forum index page for lots of good advice on tinting, moleskin, clear bras, and other add ons you might be considering.

At 17 years old, you are one lucky son to have a car that nice to drive. You can show your gratitude by keeping it spotless. The Wash & Wax forum has lots of good info on how to do that properly.

Enjoy the new "sled"!

-XP
Acurazine Mod Squad
Old 03-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
The VIN shouldn't be on the lip spoiler and the vlaue of the car does not drop a few thousand if you swap to the wing that you asked for. You seemed to be very gullible...... I hope you can settle this
Ouch! That was pretty rough, especially from a hottie!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Originally Posted by 05TLTony
Ouch! That was pretty rough, especially from a hottie!
yea i know but i didnt clearify myself enough.. when i said lid she thought i was talking about the deck lid but i was talking about the trunk lid.. lol
Old 03-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

you guys know when i should get my first oil change? 3000 miles?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Wink The car will tell you when

Get your first oil change when the Multi Information Display tells you to.

It depends on your driving style, your mileage, the temperature, elapsed time, etc. The computer will figure it out.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

oh and by the way wheres the cheapest place to get the trunk tray... ive seen it on ebay for 76.00 for buy it now from curry acura.... anyone know of any cheapeR? thanks
Old 03-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
I am glad you are learning to live with it, but they are still full of crap. What happens when someone hits you trunk lid and it has to be replaced? Or you go to a wrecking yard and buy one and put it on? I don't think anyone would ever check all the various parts on the car that have the VIN on them, and even if they did, there is always an explanation (unless the VIN on the new deck lid matches up to a stolen car ).
Old 03-02-2005, 04:46 PM
To punish and enslave

hahaha my mom doesn't didn't get me the navi but i am very happy with the 6spd and the spoiler and the a-spec kit
Old 03-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

hehe my car is dirty right now has salt and shit all over looks horrible... but when the weather gets better i will wash and take pics and if i go to that meet i will also have pics... =)