Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one get a good deal in Tennessee??

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 04:20 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one get a good deal in Tennessee??

I am looking for a tl, and the dealer in nashville qutoed me 34,400. and i was like that is ridiculous considering that the new tl's come out next month...if he was giving me a quote that high i thought i would counter offer him with 31,000 and he said he would call me, so we left. LOL but i was jus wondering wut other ppl are paying around here. ...thanks
Old 08-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SamPatel
I am looking for a tl, and the dealer in nashville qutoed me 34,400. and i was like that is ridiculous considering that the new tl's come out next month...if he was giving me a quote that high i thought i would counter offer him with 31,000 and he said he would call me, so we left. LOL but i was jus wondering wut other ppl are paying around here. ...thanks
After the 2002 TLS came out for the first time in March 2001, all the dealers in and around TN were selling these cars at MSRP. I was travelling a lot at the time and looked at dealerships in PA, NY, NJ, MD, VA, KY, TN, GA, and FL among a few others. Finally, I settled on the dealer in Johnson City, TN. I don't know if you have the negotiating skills I do () but I got a price that was only several hundred dollars over invoice. Try talking to them. For me, it was worth the extra $2k to $3k that I saved by driving there to get my car. Gary Force has great service but damn their prices are high!
Old 08-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Advanced

Sam,

I bought 2 weeks ago at Gary Force in Nashville. They started high, but ended up with a deal that I could live with. I had rec'd email quotes from several dealers (Ky, 2 others in Tenn, Atlanta and Florida). They ended up within about $500 of the best deal other places. Considering that G.F. only charges a $199 doc fee and some of the others were at $499, I feel as though I got a very good deal. Call back there and speak to Marty, he is the internet sales guy. He was very good to work with.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:29 PM
6th Gear

thanks guys, gray force still wont budge from the 34 price, but i told the guy, iam not gona buy if they dont come down, so i think they will probably call bak in the next couple of days, considering my cousin is also gona buy one now, so thas 2 sales while negotiating for one...
Old 08-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Advanced

I first looked at the TL at G.F. back in March. They would not come more than $500 off sticker price. This time around, I gave the guy emails from 4 other dealers. He got close enough to their prices that I bought there. Nashville is about an hour and 15 mins for me, the other dealers would have been 4 to 6 hours or more. It did take some pushing on my part to get them to come that much though. Keep at them, they will come down. Did you talk to Marty or someone else?
Old 08-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't get any dealers to budge beyond $33900.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Advanced

Spy,

GUess you have been trying Courtesy and Oxmoor? I tried both of them too. They wouldn't even get close to dealers to the south. I did see in a thread somewhere that someone got a good deal at a dealer up in Cincy. You aren't that far from Harper in Knoxville. You might try them if you haven't already. They were willing to deal on instock cars, just didn't have my color combo at the time.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

G.f.

G.F. is ridulously high. I used to live in B'ham and used to own a 2nd gen. Integra. I called King in B'ham to negotiate the deal with GF when I bought my wife's MDX. GF will give you a deal, you just have to play them the right way. Tell them you'll walk if they don't meet your price, but also know that you may have to.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:04 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cpa4u
Spy,

GUess you have been trying Courtesy and Oxmoor? I tried both of them too. They wouldn't even get close to dealers to the south. I did see in a thread somewhere that someone got a good deal at a dealer up in Cincy. You aren't that far from Harper in Knoxville. You might try them if you haven't already. They were willing to deal on instock cars, just didn't have my color combo at the time.
You would be correct. I am from Knoxville, so that is who I used to get the lower price from Courtesy. I was all set to buy and then the buyer of my RX-7 backed out. I'll just have to keep waiting.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Have you purchased yet ? My brother and sister both have 04 TL's and said they got good deals. I think they purchased their cars at Rivergate. I'm calling my brother to get the name fo the sales women that helped him.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Instructor

I live in Nashville, and I bought my TL from Gary Force. I would not necessarily recommend their internet manager. I have had many dealings at that dealership over the last 2 1/2 to 3 years, and there are other, more accomodating sales reps at that dealership.

If you send me a direct message, I'll tell you the name of the sales rep that I used. He IMO is a much better sales rep with which to deal.

In any event, good luck on your purchase...
Old 08-12-2004, 11:22 AM
My name is RL.

Earn my business?

Originally Posted by vandy786
After the 2002 TLS came out for the first time in March 2001, all the dealers in and around TN were selling these cars at MSRP. I was travelling a lot at the time and looked at dealerships in PA, NY, NJ, MD, VA, KY, TN, GA, and FL among a few others. Finally, I settled on the dealer in Johnson City, TN. I don't know if you have the negotiating skills I do () but I got a price that was only several hundred dollars over invoice. Try talking to them. For me, it was worth the extra $2k to $3k that I saved by driving there to get my car. Gary Force has great service but damn their prices are high!
Agreed. They are very proud of their cars. I would offer them 6% over invoice (check edmunds.com). If they balk on that, offer 8% over invoice or take what they counter with if it is below 8%. If they still insist on MSRP I would just leave. If they know you are serious they won't let you get off the lot.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey, goto or call Robin Dickerson at Gary Force Acura in Brentwood. Tell her Kevin Hood sent you. You'll get a good deal.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Instructor

I'm sure you'll get a good price, especially if you go the official TL web site and build your car. Take that price to the dealer, they should honor it. Acura doesn't play these mark up games like American car mfgr dealers.

Heck, I'm glad (well not glad your unable to get the deal you want) but glad the TL is holding it's value.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:24 PM
My name is RL.

Can't send direct message...

Originally Posted by cccjoecool
I live in Nashville, and I bought my TL from Gary Force. I would not necessarily recommend their internet manager. I have had many dealings at that dealership over the last 2 1/2 to 3 years, and there are other, more accomodating sales reps at that dealership.

If you send me a direct message, I'll tell you the name of the sales rep that I used. He IMO is a much better sales rep with which to deal.

In any event, good luck on your purchase...
I agree, the internet sales manager is not very accomodating. He pretty much gave me the cold shoulder. I told him upfront I was not going to buy a car that day so I had to almost beg him to test drive a non-nav 6MT and there was only one other person on the lot looking at TLs. Well, now that I think about it, there was only one other person on the lot period. He just wants the some unprepared customer to drop a sale in his lap.

Which sales person do you recommend? PM me. I'm buyng an 05' RL this fall. Thanks!
Old 08-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Cruisin'

I tried to buy an '04 TL 6MT non-navi SSM/quartz from GF. They told me that there were none to be had or ordered in the 8 state area and ordered an Anthracite instead which I rejected. After posting the problem here, I got suggestions from other forum members and within 24 hours was able to get Cardell at Acura of Augusta to order one..... they'll deliver it to me in Nashville for the same price as GF. I keep trying to buy from GF, but it's always more trouble than it should be. Why they weren't able to find the car is beyond me.

Steve

By the way, I'm interested in upgrading the stock tires. Does anyone know of any tire places in middle Tenn that will trade toward Michelin Pilot Sport A/s's?
Old 08-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Advanced

Well, it seems then that I got the internet guy on a good day then when I bought mine from G.F. The car had just came off the truck the morning that I bought it too. As I said earlier, I did have to push a bit to get their price down and my trade value up. However, it did happen after a bit. I think it was that I already had a deal lined up on the exact car at another dealership and showed him the emails from the other internet manager.

He was very polite to me during the process though. He has called a couple of times since to make sure everything is going ok with the car so far.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:22 AM
6th Gear

Hey guys thanks for all your help, It seems that since that first salesman, i guess u could say "kicked us out" cause we quoted him 31,000, another salesman i had talked to the same day as i met the first one, called me. He was like pretend u guys didnt even come down and we can start over. LOL i was like OK. But i swaer those guys talk to much, thier jaws are always flapping. Even when i went test driving, he kept talkin abuout car stead of answering my questions. So i had to tell him that i already kno alot about it and i jus had a few questions. Once a salesman always a salesman i guess. But anways, this guy has been callin me every day, and i told him my price was 33,000. He said he doutbs he can do any beter than 34 give or take a 100. he has been trying to call me back for couple days now and i have not answered. try to let him sweat a bit and i will call him tom. But i really apriciate everyones help and advice, kinda made me reaffirm my stance on not payin more than i want, and if i dont get it for around my price then i will walk. Hell 05 comin out next month, so i can wait few months and pay 35, 36 for that car and make up the difference when i re-sale it in 5 years cause 05 will be worth more trade-in than 04.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by AcuraVic
Hey, goto or call Robin Dickerson at Gary Force Acura in Brentwood. Tell her Kevin Hood sent you. You'll get a good deal.

That's the person I got my 2-gen TL from. She was very nice to deal with, and I'll recommend her also.