3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anthracite / Camel Auto Navi On It's Way, And.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthracite / Camel Auto Navi On It's Way, And.....

.....dealer knocked $1500.00 off sticker

Thanks again for all the help yesterday.....

BJ
Old 03-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
Congratulations! You got a good price. Who was your dealer?
Old 03-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! I've got exactly the same car on order...didn't get quite as good a deal as you did, but here in Maryland no one can get a deal (locally) that good.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

CLGator: Did you see the Camel on the Anthro in person? I didn't but imagine it's going to look great....very much like the ol' Boxter gunmetal/leater combo a few years back. I got the deal because the dealer made a mistake and quoted me the non-navi discount of $1500 on the navi model One of my better negotiations. BJ
Old 03-10-2004, 07:27 AM
Advanced

Great combo.

In fact - that's what I have.

It's different - which is cool I think.

And you don't have to look at the drab quartz or ebony.

It is not too orangy at all because there is so much black on the console etc.

Good luck.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Intermediate

I have the Pearl Green/Camel but I saw the Anthro/Camel @ my dealer both are awesome combos.

1500 is what I got and is a great price....GOOD Luck
Old 03-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Advanced

I got the same car last Halloween; you got a much better price. I paid MSRP. Good Luck............get different tires; avoid the headache all together!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

FirstAcura: What is the "headache" that would lead to getting new tires? I'm new to the TL, so I don't know what it is I should be concerned about......is this to compensate for the FWD torque steer? Help!
Old 03-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

One local dealer had several Anthracite/Camel's sitting on the lot - but all non-navi. So yes I saw that combo in person and it was definitely the one for me.

No question the Camel is not going to be everyone's taste, but I love it. It isn't really orange, but it does have a deep tan to it. Someone on this board called it "baseball glove color" and that's just about right.

Some people think it clashes with the other interior colors, but I think the Camel leather, black dash, and fake wood add up to a bold, refreshing design. I could live without the aluminum trim but you get that no matter which interior color you pick.

The parchment is nice, if a little tame, but mainly I didn't want that because I have it now on my CL. The ebony is really nice, too, but then you don't get the fake wood, which I happen to like. The quartz is maybe the most interesting interior of all, but personally I find it a little monotonous when combined with the Silver or Anthracite. Some people want their car's colors to all "blend" and "flow" but I want something a little edgier. The Anthracite/Camel is one of the best combos to give the car that sort of feel.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

CLGator: Couldn't agree more. I owned two Legends ('91 Coupe and '95 GS Sedan) and both had the camel interior with the same black dash / wood trim / camel theme. I love the contrast of the black dash against the leather......that's what's missing with both the quartz and ebony solutions.....it makes the aluminum trim 'pop' nicely, but you lose the dash vs non-dash contrast. Just today, I rode in a BMW 5-Series that was gunmetal with a grey leather interior and it was sleep-inducingly boring. I do wish that there was a mid-point between parchment and camel though; that's what my old Legends were.....somewhere in between camel and parchment. The camel is too orangy, but it's better than ebony (no contrast), quartz (dull), and parchment (too light....dirty over time). It's a shame that with an exterior as exciting as the TL that we've got to compromise a bit on the interior.....
Old 03-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Huh, that's interesting, boltjames. I didn't know Acura has been using the "black dash / wood trim / camel theme" for so long. Guess their research must show some people like you and I prefer it.

My personal wish is that, on the camel and parchment interiors, they would put more fake wood (instead of) where the aluminum trim is. My reason is not based so much on the fact I don't like the trim - I don't, but I can get used to it - but because it's where the driver and front passenger will keep whacking it accidentally with the seat belt thingy. My CL has fake wood in those areas and I've accidentally whacked it a thousand times with no damage whatsoever, but from what I hear the aluminum gets messed up pretty easily. So I wish it weren't there.

(Yeah, I know, after market. Not a great option for leasers like me.)
Old 03-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Here's a pic of a '95 Legend ebony/camel/faux wood interior:

http://carad.ebayimg.com/i12/02/a/01/38/98/e7_4.JPG3

....another:

http://photos2.ebizautos.com/879/187146_9.jpg

If those links don't work, try this one (scroll down):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2464997895

Here's a '91 Legend:

http://carad.ebayimg.com/i13/03/a/01/64/04/c4_4.JPG

As I stated earlier, this 'old camel' was right in the middle of the existing parchment and existing camel....darker than existing parchment and lighter/less orangy than the existing camel.

Either way, it's a very classy combo.

Bottom line:

It's how you perceive your car. Luxury cars have interiors trimmed in wood. If you view the TL as a luxury vehicle first with sporty design/tendencies secondly then you pick parchment or camel to get the wood. If you view the TL as a sports sedan first with luxury-like amenities a distant second, then you pick one of the carbon-fibre interiors.

As you point out, the dominance in the non-wood cars is on the aluminum stripping (the carbon fibre is almost invisible) and gives a more sporty, low-end, "basic" appearance. The dominance in the wood cars is on the wood and, in that case, the aluminum stripping is almost a busy distraction. I view it as a nice enhancement atop the wood luxury. To each his own.

For me, I'm moving from years of Legend and RL luxury into the TL because I view it as a luxury car with sporty design and better handling. I'm used to the wood, and as hard as I tried to love the quartz interior it just didn't make me feel like I was sitting in a luxury car.

BJ
Old 03-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the posts. You're right, that camel is definitely lighter in color than the current TL version.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Advanced

Dark Blue and Camel

That is what I want to order.

That old Camel is very light, I'd almost say it is parchment. I am like the others here. I like the current TL Camel.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

The blue and camel is a beautiful combo! If I didn't have a blue car now, that would have been my first choice. But I expect to love the Anthracite/camel too! Green/camel also looks great.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

It's been a week since my purchase and I've still yet to see a real car or even a photo of the Antra/Camel combo. I'd better be right about this hunch I have on the colors working together
Old 03-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by boltjames
It's been a week since my purchase and I've still yet to see a real car or even a photo of the Antra/Camel combo. I'd better be right about this hunch I have on the colors working together
Don't worry, the combo looks great together, very upscale. If I was buying one, that is the combo I would go with. Second choice would be green with camel.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

No worries, I just picked mine up. Anthracite w/Camel looks freakin amazing!
Old 03-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

My car came in today even though I can't take delivery until Monday (damn prep).

So I scooted over to the Acura's parking lot with a flashlight and checked her out anyway The combo looks awesome. Was very nice to have the only Navi in the lot too.

If you give up CLGator for TLGator, I'm going to request CLGator just to confuse everyone.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
boltjames

Your '91 and '95 Legends are real wood, just thought you might want to know.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

legendguy: LOL. I thought they were plastic all these years! Well, if I didn't know it then I certainly don't care about it now. Look, real wood or not, the faux-wood looks more luxurious than the carbon fiber for two reasons: 1. While not 'real', the wood is just better looking than the black-on-black carbon fiber and 2. all carbon fiber executions are against the ebony or quartz interiors and just get *lost* in the leather / aluminum trim. Real or fake, the wood *jumps* off the interior and takes the dominance off the aluminum. Lots of cheap cars have metallic trim in the interiors; only luxury models have "wood". Every man has his own opinion, but to me the quartz interior looks like pleatherette with aluminum shiny trim whereas the camel interior looks like natural leather with real wood trim. Perception is everything...
Old 03-14-2004, 06:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

If you give up CLGator for TLGator, I'm going to request CLGator just to confuse everyone.
:p

I COMPLETELY agree with your comments about the interior, but as we both know lots of other people on this forum feel just as strongly about preferring the ebony or quartz look. Acura did a smart thing by offering choices that give the car a wide variety of interior "feels" for different folks.

Congrats on your new car! Hope your transaction goes as smoothly as mine did!

Oh, and I'm glad you don't live near me! This town's not big enough for two Anthracite/Camel TL's!!
Old 03-14-2004, 10:26 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Meet me in the Meadowlands parking lot this season when the Jets host the Ravens and we can compare mudguard strategies
Old 03-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Meet me in the Meadowlands parking lot this season when the Jets host the Ravens and we can compare mudguard strategies

Have you decided if you're getting them installed?
Old 03-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

They were on the car when my dealer made the trade with the Connecticut dealership, so when I saw them on last night I decided it must be fate. Hopefully they'll let me have a set of quartz headrests and that ebony headlliner to go with my parchment floormats and quartz dash. Hot!
Old 03-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

:p
Old 03-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
boltjames

What with the paper thin veneer and the laquering of the woodI don't even think a termite would know the difference between plood and real wood so no shame there. The fake stuff can be pretty real looking and does warm up the cabin.

The gray/black versus the parchment/camel really create different environments depending on if you are going for a sporting look or luxury look. And neither side is right or wrong. My .02
Old 03-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Point taken legendguy......I went for the luxury look on the inside since the outside is so sporty. In fact, that's one of the coolest things about the TL.....you can have both.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Advanced

boltjames,
Sorry for the slow response; traveling on business.

The 'headache' I was refering to was the OEM tires being defective on many cars. The subject has consumed much of this forum. There appears to be a fix from the dealer now but I am skeptical. I found the OEM tires to hydro-plane easily as well as be a little weak on traction; but that is one man's opinion.

A Firestone/Bridgestone Master Care Center found all four of my tires impossible to balance; they said they were out of round. The manager also mentioned a DOT message referring to the tires. Bottom line, Firestone/Bridgestone replaced all 4 tires with the tire of my choice at zero cost to me. I never thought I would say Firestone's customer service was SUPERIOR to Acura's. Again this is my personal experience; many many more have issues with the OEM tires and just as many do not.