Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

all season floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 07:15 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all season floor mats

I wanted to get the all season floor mats for my NBP/Parch. I see they have 2 colors, black and caramel. Which one do you recommend? Do the caramel mats match the parch. interior? I am colorblind and not the best at matching colors. Thanks for your input.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:44 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
I have parchment interior and have both the black and the camel all season floor mats. (long story dont ask) I currently have the camel in the car and they look really good. I will try to get you a picture today if I can. The black doesnt look bad because it matches the dash but I thought the camel looked better. Make sure you buy them from e-bay or if you decide you want the black, let me know. I have never used the black ones and would sell them cheaper than ebay...
Old 12-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Instructor

Thanks JMB. I think I may go to the acura dealer just to see what the camel color mats look like in person. I was thinking the same thing about the black matching the dash, although I'm so use to the parch floormats now I don't know if I'll like the black.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Her is black with biege to give you an idea . These are not Acura mats . I bought these in 1993 and have used them daily ever since .. total set is less than $30 US. I like the contrast and they don't bleed into the carpet.

Old 12-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Instructor

Cool thanks. It doesn't look that bad with the black mats. I'll still probably go with the matching though.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Bring It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get yours from Ebay, they're cheaper. I think black is a neutral color when it comes to mats. If you can't find a matching color, choose black.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Instructor

So I guess there is nothing that would match the parchment well then? They should make the all season in matching colors as the interiors (camel, parch, quartz, black)
Old 12-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Papaman677
So I guess there is nothing that would match the parchment well then? They should make the all season in matching colors as the interiors (camel, parch, quartz, black)
From Acura, I agree the black mats complement the parchment interior pretty well. The caramel mats look pretty good, but (I feel) fall in the middle somewhere between complementing and matching the parchment. To each their own and if you want Acura mats those are the only choices.

WeatherTech offers all-season mats, too. I bought THESE in tan. The tan is more neutral than the Acura caramel and matches the parchment well. I've used them for one winter and they've held up well for me. Some reports from last year said that they wore too quickly under the heel. If you do a search on "weathertech" you should be able to get more info.

Even though the Weathertech's claim to be a custom fit, I had to trim a small piece for the gas pedal. It took all of 5 minutes and look great, IMHO.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Instructor

Where did you have to trim?

Originally Posted by ChuckDu
From Acura, I agree the black mats complement the parchment interior pretty well. The caramel mats look pretty good, but (I feel) fall in the middle somewhere between complementing and matching the parchment. To each their own and if you want Acura mats those are the only choices.

WeatherTech offers all-season mats, too. I bought THESE in tan. The tan is more neutral than the Acura caramel and matches the parchment well. I've used them for one winter and they've held up well for me. Some reports from last year said that they wore too quickly under the heel. If you do a search on "weathertech" you should be able to get more info.

Even though the Weathertech's claim to be a custom fit, I had to trim a small piece for the gas pedal. It took all of 5 minutes and look great, IMHO.
ChuckDu... I was contemplating purchasing from WeatherTeck myself. I had their mats for my last vehicle, but I was wondering what you had to trim to make their mats fit the TL. I know that we have a bottom hinged accelerator pedal so I was wondering if you had to trim out a slot in the mats to filt the pedal in, or what. Many thanks....

TL42 - Gord
Old 12-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Intermediate

Have you checked out Costco? I just got a set of 4 all-weather mats for $19.XX yesterday and they fit pretty well. They carry both dark gray and tan colors. I went to 2 different Costcos. The first one didn't have any, but the second one had plenty in stock.

You'll need to trim the driver's side mat since the accelerator is bottom hinged as noted in the previous post. You'll have to trim the left side of the mat too because of the dead pedal's angular shape (on an AT, not sure about a 6-speed). Just line the car mat up with the all-weather mat and use a pair of sharp scissors to make the cut. Hope this helps!
Old 12-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I think the Acura all-season mats stink in snowy climes as they don't hold snow/water very well. I therefore had salt on the carpet the last two winters in my car. For this season I switched to $20 Rubbermaid mats from Target, suggested by others on this board. I've been through two snowstorms with these and they hold more water and don't leak much onto the carpet. Further, you can trim it to a good fit with the dead- and accelerator pedals.

Old 12-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TL42
ChuckDu... I was contemplating purchasing from WeatherTeck myself. I had their mats for my last vehicle, but I was wondering what you had to trim to make their mats fit the TL. I know that we have a bottom hinged accelerator pedal so I was wondering if you had to trim out a slot in the mats to filt the pedal in, or what. Many thanks....

TL42 - Gord
That's exactly it. Just a small cutout on the upper right hand side for the accelerator pedal.

On the positive side, the WeatherTech mats are pretty deep and hold quite a bit of melting snow and dirt.

On the negative side, the deeper channels and soft rubber are harder to clean.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I think the Acura all-season mats stink in snowy climes as they don't hold snow/water very well. I therefore had salt on the carpet the last two winters in my car. For this season I switched to $20 Rubbermaid mats from Target, suggested by others on this board. I've been through two snowstorms with these and they hold more water and don't leak much onto the carpet. Further, you can trim it to a good fit with the dead- and accelerator pedals.

I hated the OEM mats. When I bought the RL, I decided to try these new mats that I found on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=553294

They are cut to exact size. There may be better mats out there - but in the first couple times it has snowed, they have held the water and snow rather well in the little "dimples"
Old 12-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Intermediate

there are lots of stores where to find these carpet, just look for a reliable dealer that won't charge you with lots of $$$.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:45 PM
5th Gear

gray mats

If anyone is looking for Grey mats, I got mine from weathertech.com. They are made by Cannon and I have them in all my cars.

[IMG]c:\acura mats 03[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Advanced

Got my caramel colored mats for my birthday yesterday - I just couldn't imagine a black mat against my parchment interior.

My vote for caramel and parchment
Old 12-16-2005, 03:21 PM
5th Gear

I got a set of mats from weathertech.com. I have the light grey interior so I wanted the mats to match and these do.

I liked them so much I bought them for all my cars.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All-Season Mats

I'm using Acura all-season caramel-colored mats in my 2005 TL with the parchment interior. It's not a perfect color match, but it looks good to me. The fit is perfect, and I like the "TL" logo on the front mats. I agree the black mats look good in the 2005 model.

I'm using WeatherTech all season tan-colored mats in my wife's 2003 TL with the parchment interior. Also, not a perfect color match, close enough for me. The front mats required some minor, easy trimming. The black mats would not look good in the 2003 model.

I've been using WeatherTech mats since 1987 (87 Integra, 94 Integra, 98 Sienna). They hold up great. They really save wear and tear on your "summer/good weather" mats.

Regards!
Old 12-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Advanced

Get the black... It will provide a nice contrast and will not show all the dirt like the canel/beige