Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alarm options

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation alarm options

Hello to all!!! I am new to the board and I am hoping to soon purchase a new TL. One of the questions I would like to ask everyone is the issue regarding the alarm/security system. I know that nothing is foolproof, but with all things considered with a car such as an Acura, shouldn't the factory security be somewhat sufficient? I was wondering if anyone knows of any type of upgradeable system that Acura offers to add on to the TL system and what does this upgradeable system protect? I don't want to lose the functionality of the keyfobs which i will if I go aftermarket. PLUS, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE IF YOU COME ACROSS A PROFESSIONAL THIEF!!! Also, I am not really interested in remote start. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. After all, you folks are the "Premier TL Experts". Again, thanks in advance, I have really learned alot and am grateful for the knowledge I have received from you folks.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
6th Gear

Exclamation alarm options

Hello to all!!! I am new to the board and I am hoping to soon purchase a new TL. One of the questions I would like to ask everyone is the issue regarding the alarm/security system. I know that nothing is foolproof, but with all things considered with a car such as an Acura, shouldn't the factory security be somewhat sufficient? I was wondering if anyone knows of any type of upgradeable system that Acura offers to add on to the TL system and what does this upgradeable system protect? I don't want to lose the functionality of the keyfobs which i will if I go aftermarket. PLUS, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE IF YOU COME ACROSS A PROFESSIONAL THIEF!!! Also, I am not really interested in remote start. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. After all, you folks are the "Premier TL Experts". Again, thanks in advance, I have really learned alot and am grateful for the knowledge I have received from you folks.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far what I know is that the TL alarm works unless they bore a hole through your door. Maybe something more sensative? Doesnt an alarm come standard? Also, how hard would it be to installone of those 12 volt sirens, where could it be connected?
Old 02-01-2005, 10:40 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by crazymjb
So far what I know is that the TL alarm works unless they bore a hole through your door. Maybe something more sensative? Doesnt an alarm come standard? Also, how hard would it be to installone of those 12 volt sirens, where could it be connected?
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that the TL alarm is just honking. When my dad gets it id like to see if there was a way to disable the horn and get that 6 tone 12 volt siren put in, they also have 1 tone 103 db sirens at my local electronics store that cost 8 bucks. My favorite security system is still that on the SmarTruck http://www.smartruck3.com/