Aftermarket blind spot detection warning in a 2005 acura to. Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017 | 01:50 PM
Racer

Aftermarket blind spot detection warning in a 2005 acura to. Is it possible?

I wanted to know if it was possible to have an aftermarket blind spot detection warning set up on my car or if anybody has ever tried it on there's?

Last edited by jkilla369; 08-16-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2017 | 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Packagingpro
As many of you know, I have been debating the purchase of Gosher’s New Blind Spot Monitoring System. I finally pulled the trigger on the new “Premier” Model with 4 sensors. The old model has 2 and is still available. The price for the “Premier” Model is $329.00. The 4 sensor model uses some new algorithm BS and is supposed to be more accurate.

Premium Blind Spot Detection System #BSDS-003016p - GOSHERS

When I received the package, I was impressed with the quality of the kit and the connectors. Very well made and waterproof seals were used on the outside components. The Customer Service and CEO of the company were great to deal with. My only disappointment was with the LED Indicators. I felt the quality and look was not great. Because of this this, I purchased the OEM Acura Blind Spot Indicators from the Advance Model and installed them to the Gosher’s system. This was an easy mod, snapped into the doorframe after removing the panels. The hardest part was getting the wiring through the factory grommets. The pricing for the indicators and plastic trim were $110.00 from Acura.

I had the 4 sensors painted Mayan Bronze Metallic to match the color of the car. You are able to put 1 thin coat of color and one thin coat of clear. Anything more screws up the sensitivity. A 22mm hole needs to be drilled into the bumper for each sensor. This is the big downside to the install. We had to be sure there was nothing obstructing the clearance or we would be screwed! There is a range for placement (height, distance from front/rear and angle) on the sensors that have to be followed for accuracy.

The Main Unit get’s installed in the trunk behind a panel. The wiring is basic and connections for the turn signals and reverse get hooked up. There is also a speaker that was installed under the dash. If you put on the blinker and a car is in the blind spot, an audible goes off.

Overall I am impressed with the system. It’s a great mod if you can get past the holes in the side of your car. If you move past the car 5 feet or more, you wont notice the sensors. Currently, the system is not working 100%. I am having some sensitivity issues with the unit. I am working with Gosher's on resolving this. I may have to go with unpainted sensors. Overall, I think the company will do well with the system.

Finally, let’s not see any posts of how the “little blind spot mirrors” added to the TL or "look over your shoulders" We have been down that road before. Enjoy!

Gosher's Kit!
Attachment 48814

Acura OEM Blind Spot Indicators
Attachment 48815

Door Panels Off
Attachment 48816

Passenger Side Installed
Attachment 48817

Driver Side Installed
Attachment 48818

Paint and Clear for the Sensors
Attachment 48819

Paint Booth (Just Kidding)
Attachment 48820

Front Sensor Pic
Attachment 48821

Side of car with sensors installed
Attachment 48822
https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-a...l-pics-888085/
Old 08-16-2017 | 02:47 PM
Suzuka Master

yeah its call scoot your butt up and check the shoulder along with side view mirror.....

On the other note you can get a 360 with bird eye view camera system (even you moving forward) and this require your car MUST have OEM navi screen. Check you Navtools 3.0 with phone mirror kit, part along is about $600 and installation is depend on the independent installer, again your car MUST have stock NAVI screen for this route.
The following users liked this post:
Glorygang600 (08-17-2017)
Old 08-16-2017 | 03:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Just turn your head.
Old 08-16-2017 | 04:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by t-rd
Just turn your head.
Old 08-16-2017 | 07:15 PM
Instructor

I work in the aftermarket field and the Goshers piece is no good, we have installed many of them and they give tons of false alerts. If I where to install Blind spot onto my car Advent makes a good piece that is radar based and Brandmotion makes one that is radar based that also has cross traffic. The Brandmotion one is the Toyota blind spot system as it is the only one on the market that has cross traffic. Brandmotion and Audiovox both mount behind your bumper and you don't see the in my opinion ugly goshers sensor on your bumpers.
justnspace (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017 | 12:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

I find blind spot indicators sometimes annoying and distracting due to the LED light. It will also lead to a bunch of clumsy drivers. He're a blindspot tip, set your mirrors properly. I see many people with them set up wrong. The mirrors should not see the side of our own car when sitting straight in the driver's seat. You would have to reach your head a few inches in the direction of the mirror to see the side of our own car when parking. Also, speeding up for a brief moment also gives you a better chance to avoid blind spots.
Old 08-17-2017 | 07:35 AM
3 2 GONE

Those mini blind spot mirrors those you stick onto your existing mirrors are cheaper.
Old 08-17-2017 | 08:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

No one turns their head anymore?
Old 08-17-2017 | 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
No one turns their head anymore?
if you set up your side view mirrors correctly, no head turns are needed. maybe a slight lean forward...but I NEVER turn my head.
Jackass (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017 | 08:24 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by justnspace
if you set up your side view mirrors correctly, no head turns are needed. maybe a slight lean forward...but I NEVER turn my head.
Exactly. Sitting in your seat, you should barely see a sliver of the side of your car. A slight lean forward should give you a full view of the side and blind spot. The only times I ever turn my head is when in a rental since rarely have I had the opportunity to really fine tune the mirrors.
Old 08-18-2017 | 08:43 AM
Racer

My baby is in the shop this week and Acura loaned me a 2017 RLX it has the front indicators and their not very accurate. always slow to notify you and thats on a 60K car. Though I loath the blind spots on my TL I have learned to just watch my edges
Old 08-19-2017 | 08:34 PM
Burning Brakes

No one turns their heads anywhere after all the techs came out. I noticed people not looking behind when backing up but staring at the center camera, not looking to the sides, not looking at road signs and follow GPS only. The newer generation does not know how to read a map whatsoever, not even a simple map. There was the guy who slept in the driver's seat in traffic in a Tesla on auto pilot also. The next would be people not braking and letting the computer decides for them when to stop.