Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Service Sucks Any Help??

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Acura Service Sucks Any Help??

Hello to everyone...I have an 04 TL 6MT. It has 30k on it and I have had the typical TL problems. I have been to the dealership multiple times for a check engine light flashing intermittently. Only to be told a BS story each time. Anyhow...Todays trip was for a couple of different things..

1) The front seat bottoms cracking...Anyone that has been able to get this resolved?

2) There is a larger gap on 1 side of the steering wheel @ the bottom by the cruise switch as opposed to the other side...Anyone

3) I continually have a grinding sensation in my clutch pedal about the last inch of travel...Please tell me i am not the only one with this problem

4) And lastly, My headliner material is bubbling at the 3rd brakelamp

But here is the best part of my day.....Thanks to Frankel Acura in Cockeysville, Md. I am told the steering wheel and the leather seats are NORMAL. So I placed a call to Acura...Right from the start they are siding with their service dept. Does anyone have any ideas on how to push the buttons??

Thanks for all who reply.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
some people have said they get the butt prints (if thats what ur talking about) done under warranty once....as kind of like a faulty seats warranty replacement. i plan to do so in another 1k miles or so. so try to get them replaced uner warranty and yes it is normal...it was a design issue for acura. but they fixed it in the 05 and 06 model.

im not sure about the steering wheel...i like the look of it, it may just be the design of the steering wheel. i don't have a problem, but then again urs might look different....take it to a different dealer until the issue gets addressed.

can't really say much about your grinding senation because i have an 04 AT..sorry

the headliner bubbling, im not sure what you mean by bubbling...maybe a picture would help. if its really noticable i would demand to get it fixed, but if its something that u really have to look and stare at to see i would just leave it be.

hope this helps
Old 09-29-2005, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Try a different Acura dealer. You should get attentive service from the service department; not excuses.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One more thing to add, talk to the Service Manager at that dealership, if that does not work take it up with the salesrep who sold you the car or the sales manager.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:06 AM
Instructor

ACS = Acura Care Sucks. The folks on the phone are WORTHLESS and need customer service training. Work your problems thru the dealer and try a new one if that doesn't work. Ask for assistance from the DSM (area Acura rep - Dist. Svc Mngr). Be nice and ask for a goodwill fix if they say that it is normal. Others have had these things fixed under warranty . . .

And yes, I have the same problem with my 3rd break light cover. The fabric is loose and droops . . . like there is no adhesive holding it in place. Have not brought it in though.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Intermediate

Acura service

Well my main problem is that I work for a company here in MD call Mile One Automotive. The selling dealer is Motorworld in PA. They are part of the franchaise that I work for. I got a good price so I drove 2 hrs to pick it up...so going back to the selling dealer for service is out of the question. Anyhow...The dealer that I went to, It just so happens that i used to work for them in the bodyshop. This particular service manager I have had problems when I had an 03 CLS 6mt. So I really feel that I am getting a biased opinion. But what really pissed me off is that Acura Rep flat out refused to look at my car and basically told me to go pound sand. What to do...What to do...I hate service depts
Old 09-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Race Director

Bad Acura, bad!

This proves you think that the Honda Mfg. Plant in Ohio doesn't have high quality standards.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by speedracerIII
Well my main problem is that I work for a company here in MD call Mile One Automotive. The selling dealer is Motorworld in PA. They are part of the franchaise that I work for. I got a good price so I drove 2 hrs to pick it up...so going back to the selling dealer for service is out of the question. Anyhow...The dealer that I went to, It just so happens that i used to work for them in the bodyshop. This particular service manager I have had problems when I had an 03 CLS 6mt. So I really feel that I am getting a biased opinion. But what really pissed me off is that Acura Rep flat out refused to look at my car and basically told me to go pound sand. What to do...What to do...I hate service depts
Is there any consumer advocacy groups or organisation in your Area?

What about local newspaper, radio or television, anyone of those have consumer advocacy coverage, if so contact them and give them your whole story.

It might even be worth it to contact AAA or check if they offer any type of assistance in these matters.

Best of luck

frenchnew
Old 12-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Intermediate

update

Just a quick update...Went to another Acura dealer in Ellicott City, MD(norris) and agreed to give front seat bottoms under warranty...Did not even have to throw a fit...WOW
Old 12-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Burning Brakes

When I owned a different car I once had to go to 4 dealers until I found one that I liked.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:12 PM
mio
Police

if u guys in Canada... u can go: www.myopinion.acura.ca