Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

acura hood ornament

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by boltjames
Hmm....hood ornament on a TL. Bet your next car is a Metallic Pea Family Truckster. Classy.

BJ

Jeez. Too many youngsters on this site. Don't you know what this is?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085995/...c=1;ft=20;fm=1
Old 05-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
lol i do....wheres the dead grandmother ..haha
Old 05-06-2005, 12:04 PM
VTEC HoooA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
Hey, If I could harass the hell out of my parents and make millions of dollars... I don't honestly want to be JUST like him, Im not gonna live with my parents. Lets see you make millions being stupid!!! Oh, phsycologists are actually saying serial dramas increase ones thinking skills. My english teacher was talkin about it today.
Believe it or not, psychologists have also found that people are heavily influenced by television. In this case we can see 2 prime examples of this seepage...err influence.

1. Your stance in regards to making money no matter what the cost (i.e. you would risk your health and well being to make million$).

2. You have actually reenacted and attempted some of the stunts that were provided by said serial drama.

This whole thread leaves me with more questions......

What does your english teacher think?

Does he/she agree that your 'thinking skills' were in fact increased by viewing the noted serial drama (i.e. Jackass)?

Did the noted psychologist who performed the 'thinking skills' research provide any discernable tool/utility to measure said increase in cognitive reasoning(perhaps there is a theorum such as the Margera multiplicative)?

Would it be fair to surmise that the increase in thinking skills (which would not have been possible without the input of the above mentioned serial drama) directly contributed to your reenactment of the witnessed events?

Does a pattern of serial drama review, and in turn reenactment give rise to an exponential 'thinking skills' increase (is this the underlying principle of the Margera multiplicative)?

Old 05-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha. Jackass isnt a serial drama. A serial drama would be something like the OC where the story carries on from episode to episode. And I would risk my life/health to make millions in an instant(depends to what extent). I am gonna join the military, but that hardly helps with making millions. And I know this belongs in the 06 section, but will there be a type S. I only bring this up in this thread cause someone mentioned it.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
Originally Posted by boltjames
Hmm....hood ornament on a TL. Bet your next car is a Metallic Pea Family Truckster. Classy.

BJ

Jeez. Too many youngsters on this site. Don't you know what this is?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085995/...c=1;ft=20;fm=1
This is so funny...
Old 05-06-2005, 02:45 PM
VTEC HoooA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
I am gonna join the military, but that hardly helps with making millions. And I know this belongs in the 06 section, but will there be a type S. I only bring this up in this thread cause someone mentioned it.
For that, you will earn my utmost respect and gratitude....perhaps the psychologists were right!!

I highly doubt we will see the re-emergence of the type S. In fact I foresee the opposite....(killing performance orientation altogether). When my wife worked for Acura she advised that Acura coporate indicated that this was a permenant cessation of the type S moniker. The only inconsistency in the Acura line presently is the RSX...which if rumours are true will be EOL'd very very soon and shifted to Honda as the Civic Si. Additionally I have heard whispers that there will be no replacement for the NSX either (very sad as the concept was downright gorgeous)!!

Stranger things have happened, so perhaps we can all pray for a resurrection of Type S!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:14 PM
TLover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AcuraGT-3
so the big ass ACURA stamped in the front bumper isn't enough crass for you? Understand, that Benz ornament, actually MEANS something to people, no matter a C-class or SL 65. An Acura hood ornament is laughable and if Acura did do it we know EXACTLY what would happen.

The Honda guys would start stealing them and putting it on their cars.

and if look at the entire merc line you will see that even with merc only the classy models have the ornament. the sporty ones like the CLK, CLS, SL, CL and SLR have the star in the grill.