Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Dealers in Pasadena, CA

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 01:45 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Dealers in Pasadena, CA

Can anyone recommend an Acura dealer in Pasadena, CA. My dilemma... I currently live in Denver, CO and will be moving to the Pasadena area in the next 60 days. I currently own a lemon of an A4 Audi and am thinking about getting back into an Acura. If someone can shed some light on the following:

1. Is there a good Acura dealership in Pasadena for a 2006 TL w/ Navigation in terms of price (if anyone has purchased a comparable one) and service (free oil changes, loaner cars if the TL is getting serviced, etc.)

2. Can anyone tell me what they've recently paid for an '06 Acura TL w/ Navigation system, or can you tell me what I should pay.

3. Would it be better to wait till I get to Pasadena or should I just pull the trigger here in Denver, CO and how will that impact the dealer services (loaner while my TL is being serviced).

4. The sales tax for a Pasadena, CA resident?

Any help in answering these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. There are 2 Acura dealers around Pasadena. Acura of Glendale and Sierra Acura of Alhambra. When I was shopping for my 05, Sierra gave me an attitude, so based on my personal experience, I don't recommend them. Acura of Glendale used to be called Acura of Pasadena. Its Internet Sales Manager was nice, gave me good pricing. But they wouldn't have the car I wanted until about 2-3 months afterwards, so I bought the car somewhere else.

But this is LA, Acura dealers are everywhere....

2. Mine is an 05, so I can't answer you.

3. Dealer services, warranty, loaner car, etc shouldn't be affected by the fact that you bought the car elsewhere.

4. Sales tax for LA County (Pasadena included) is 8.25%.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
1. FYI, Sierra Acura does not generally carry 6-sp (manual) cars. Once you get out here, you will find a number of dealers, but all in a 25 mile radius of Pasadena. My TL came from Santa Monica Acura.
2. There are some threads on what people have been paying for '06 TLs w/Navi; ranges seems to be between $32,XXX and $33,XXX.
3. Please check with California DMV about registration of a CO car before deciding where to buy. There used to be issues with registering "49 state" cars because of California's emissions laws.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:52 PM
7th Gear

acura of pasadena moved to glendale
Old 03-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Racer

If you are moving to Pasadena, I would suggest driving 30 minutes into the south bay and going to South Bay Acura. I got my '06 TL auto with Navi for about $34,700 OTD including mud guards.

Regarding the 49 state issue. That is a non issue anymore. Several years ago I brought a car in from Texas and was hit with a $300 smog penalty even though my car passed the California emmissions test. There was a big class action lawsuit over it and I got my $300 back two years later. It was ruled that they cannot charge you a 'smog' tax if you can can pass the California emmissions test even if it does not have the 'California' emmissions (50 state) sticker under the hood.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:04 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:05 PM
3rd Gear

$34,700 OTD. Did that include the sales tax?

Originally Posted by davenlei
If you are moving to Pasadena, I would suggest driving 30 minutes into the south bay and going to South Bay Acura. I got my '06 TL auto with Navi for about $34,700 OTD including mud guards.

Regarding the 49 state issue. That is a non issue anymore. Several years ago I brought a car in from Texas and was hit with a $300 smog penalty even though my car passed the California emmissions test. There was a big class action lawsuit over it and I got my $300 back two years later. It was ruled that they cannot charge you a 'smog' tax if you can can pass the California emmissions test even if it does not have the 'California' emmissions (50 state) sticker under the hood.
Is that 34,700 OTD including sales tax?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Sec's Expert

Originally Posted by comedina
Can anyone recommend an Acura dealer in Pasadena, CA. My dilemma... I currently live in Denver, CO and will be moving to the Pasadena area in the next 60 days. I currently own a lemon of an A4 Audi and am thinking about getting back into an Acura. If someone can shed some light on the following:

1. Is there a good Acura dealership in Pasadena for a 2006 TL w/ Navigation in terms of price (if anyone has purchased a comparable one) and service (free oil changes, loaner cars if the TL is getting serviced, etc.)

2. Can anyone tell me what they've recently paid for an '06 Acura TL w/ Navigation system, or can you tell me what I should pay.

3. Would it be better to wait till I get to Pasadena or should I just pull the trigger here in Denver, CO and how will that impact the dealer services (loaner while my TL is being serviced).

So I just purchased a car from Sierra Acura. They gave me a phenomenal price, great service, and I was out of there in 90 minutes. Bought the car Saturday, found a flaw in the interior yesterday, new part ordered today. Minh Do is the internet sales manager, and he will take great care of you. They are blowing inventory out right now. I paid less than invoice. Tell him I sent you!

Good Luck!

Steve
Old 03-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Racer

yep. a little over $34,700.00 including all fees, taxes, title, etc, etc. out the door. Just PM me if you want more details.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by streese
So I just purchased a car from Sierra Acura. They gave me a phenomenal price, great service, and I was out of there in 90 minutes. Bought the car Saturday, found a flaw in the interior yesterday, new part ordered today. Minh Do is the internet sales manager, and he will take great care of you. They are blowing inventory out right now. I paid less than invoice. Tell him I sent you!

Good Luck!

Steve
Same here, had a great experience at Sierra Acura. Mihn is really professional and hooks up great deals.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by comedina

Sales tax is 8.25% here in LA county. Back in January I bought my 06 5AT AM w/nav, for $31990+TTL @ Acura of Glendale, they even gave me a free coupon for my first oil change. The service department was great, they gave me a free rental 06 TSX w/nav last time when i brought it in for my aspec installation. Look for their internet fleet manager Heidi Wang, she was very helpful and did not play games during my visit. (tip: check for Michellins MXM4s if you are getting the Nav or MT)
Old 03-14-2006, 03:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Acura of Glendale has the best customer service period

as for Whandee when you need your car serviced.

The dealership is nice and upscale especially the customer lounge where they provide free bottle water and/or soda.