3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Carland - WORST SERVICE EVER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Acura Carland - WORST SERVICE EVER!!!

I'm starting a new thread as the nature of the previous thread has shifted from me taking my car in for service to now my car getting curbed at the Acura Carland by their detailer and dealing with a VERY rude service manager.

Original Post

So this morning, when the service manager did not call me regarding the damages to my side skirt and rear wheel well, I gave him a ring. He was not very courteous and after hearing me tell him what has happened, told me "I'll check your car now and call you back in 10-15min" and <click>, hung up on me.

After 30 minutes, which he didn't call me back, I called again. He now told me that they are "taking care of it" and when I asked, "are you replacing my side skirts?" he replied "no, but we'll take care of it" When I inquired how they can repair the giant scratch and dented in skirt without replacing it, he rudely cut me off and told me "we'll fix it, we don't have the part anyways, if we can't make it look right, we'll order the part for you." <click> hung up on me AGAIN.

I'm beyond furious at this point with this dealership and their service as apart from the rudeness I experienced, never did the SM mention or hint at anything remotely close to an apology for what happened to me car.

I write this thread has a cautionary tale for anyone in the southeastern region, to NEVER, EVER take their car to any Carland, this has been the worst dealer service experience I've had by far. Sadly it was at an Acura dealer too, I've had other lesser "prestigious" brands which I've had far superior service from their dealers in teh past.

I'll update this thread as it develops... in the meanwhile, anyone with any suggestions on how to handle this situation?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
g'luck man i hate dealerships forthe reason they damage ur car ... hope everything works out for u ... wish me luck i have to go in on monday to get something fixed that my dealership damaged trying to fix something else
Old 06-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
i say go there in person and talk to the idiot face-to-face...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the post. I'll be sure NEVER to go there for service. I've heard only good things about Ed Voyles though. Good luck!

Edit: I would write corporate...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:38 AM
邵樂百

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

Is there a way to contact Acura USA direct and tell them about one of their "outstanding" dealers.... They need to know how Carland is "representing" them!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
do it ... but there headquarters seems useless
Old 06-13-2008, 12:21 PM
SWOLE

So do something about it. Call the BBB and file a complaint. I know how you feel, I just finished battling GM over my 08 Duramax. They never did anything until they got a call from the BBB forcing action....
Old 06-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Instructor

Update:

After I left a message with the GM there, the SM called back and told me he will be getting a new sideskirt for me BUT I have to go pick up the car, wait for the part to show up, and take it back AGAIN in 3-4 days...
Old 06-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what is the city and state of this Acura Carland ?
Old 06-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Instructor

Atlanta, GA (technically in Duluth, which is north suburb of ATL)
Old 06-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Advanced

wow,
Acura Carland is going

Honestly, they are really rude to you.
I suggest go to Ed Voyles.
I needed to get check up on my seat memory and power mirror,
and the guy replaced the fuse for FREE!.
I know that the fuse don't cost that much, but I think if it was
Carland the would charge me at least $10 for that.

Anyways,

Poor Carland... they are going down!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Acura Vet

Wow I am shocked! I really hate that this has happened to you. I have been going there for years and we've bought a couple of cars from them as well. They have always been great. There are times when I have waited entirely too long in service, but they have always been extremely apologetic about it and did other little things to try and make up for it. When my tranny went out last year and i got it towed (to the HONDA dealer I purchased it from) they sat on the car for almost two days. After I called Corporate, they contacted Acura Carland and they immediately had the car towed to them and fixed the tranny in a day. Even with my First Gen TL, I would take it there to get the tracks of my windows lubed every now and then and they were always happy to do it. The Sales department I could do without though.

The BBB can be a great tool in this situation but only if the company cares. In this case, I think that you would come out okay calling the BBB if you get any trouble when you take the car back. Oh, and get that in writing!!! Good Luck!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Team NBP

damn dude sorry to hear about this. i'd be fuming as well!! i don't know what's wrong with Carland but i haven't heard ONE good thing about them.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:08 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn man...sorry dude...

I can't believe JD is not taking care this....damn.........JD just took over the mess over there..I guess now the tech is fired....

So next time go to Ed Voyles Acura, I have been going to Ed Voyles for almost 10 years and everytime something happens it is resolved...
Old 06-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Instructor

UPDATE:

JD was the SM that I dealt with. The 3rd call when he informed me of replacing the sideskirt was much better compared to the first 2 but of course, still no apology or make good. He did mention that they are committed to making the customer happy and setting things right but I'm not feeling it so much and I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.
Furthermore, they are insisting that I return the loaner and pick up my car tomorrow and return it in 3-4 days when the part comes in to get it replaced, which is more frustrating because I will be making extra trips to the dealer....
Old 06-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've ordered quite a bit of OEM stuff from them online and have always gotten great service. Sorry to hear about your situation....they will make it right I'm sure...good luck.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:07 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

I would insist on keeping the loaner until the parts comes in.

Like you said there is no point making another trip for it when these parts comes in.

good luck
Old 06-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TL1999
I would insist on keeping the loaner until the parts comes in.

Like you said there is no point making another trip for it when these parts comes in.

good luck
I personally agree with you, but at this point, I'm too paranoid about them to want to really get in their face about things - my car will be with them and it would break my heart if they did something bad to it intentionally to get back at me (I really wouldn't put it past them at this point)
Old 06-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Based on what I've read here, it seems you are overreacting. Accidents happen. If they are repairing the damage to your vehicle, and your vehicle is restored to the original state, isn't that good enough?
Old 06-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Other than the rude behavior (which is inexcusable), it looks like they are doing the right thing.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ggesq
Other than the rude behavior (which is inexcusable), it looks like they are doing the right thing.
is right in this case, lol. I guess I'm just really fumed about the situation since insult (rudeness and initial bad treatment)was added to injury (issue occurred in the first place).

Based on what I've read here, it seems you are overreacting. Accidents happen. If they are repairing the damage to your vehicle, and your vehicle is restored to the original state, isn't that good enough?
What if this has happened to you?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Advanced

i would tell them to go F themselves and since they have damaged your car you will keep the loaner and they will fix your car... you will return it when your car is ready.

that is total BS. I did not like their honda dealership so i wont take the car to them anyway.

Good thing i go to Jackson acura.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are you sure he hung up on you? Maybe he just thought the conversation was over because you stopped talking or something? Some people are not good at reading other people and have a tendency to see rudeness or insults where non exist. Not saying that's necessarily the case with you, but I've known people like that. In any case I'll be interested to hear how it all turns out. I hope they are at least letting you keep the loaner at no extra charge.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Pro

Im from the ATL also and Acura Carland are awful people to deal with. I was buying a 08 TL-S to get nothing but rude people thinking hes 22 and doesnt have shit so why bother trying. I now own a 08 TL-S from Sons Acura. Also i tried getting quotes from Acura Carland for service on the white TL I owned and were very outrageous with prices. Around 1900 when i took it to a Honda dealership in Morrow and got all of the same stuff plus rental and other things for 850. Sorry to hear what happen to ya as Acura Carland SUCKS!!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Pro

Im from the ATL also and Acura Carland are awful people to deal with. I was buying a 08 TL-S to get nothing but rude people thinking hes 22 and doesnt have shit so why bother trying. I now own a 08 TL-S from Sons Acura. Also i tried getting quotes from Acura Carland for service on the white TL I owned and were very outrageous with prices. Around 1900 when i took it to a Honda dealership in Morrow and got all of the same stuff plus rental and other things for 850. Sorry to hear what happen to ya as Acura Carland SUCKS!!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by NNatic
i would tell them to go F themselves and since they have damaged your car you will keep the loaner and they will fix your car... you will return it when your car is ready.

that is total BS. I did not like their honda dealership so i wont take the car to them anyway.

Good thing i go to Jackson acura.

Jackson Acura is also paired with Sons Acura. So obviously they are good dealers~!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:33 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
"Good" car dealerships are a "dime a BILLION", to coin a phrase......

I've worked at two and purchased more new cars (much warranty work) than I should over the years and I have yet to be "impressed" by ANY. This is the NORM folks, it's a fact.

All of the reports of great experiences only reflects the fact that nothing has happened for that specific dealership to show you their bad side. When their making money and you're not complaining, it's all smiles. Have the shop "f-up" on their dime and the customer expect their car to be returned as it was when brought in, and it's dealership game face time..

Lets be honest though, it's a business that is striving to make money. Most do get defensive when profit margins take a hit. Why auto dealerships are worse than all others is a result of them getting away with near fraudulent practices. Think about it, sales, financing, leases, mechanical/electronic vehicles requiring skills to maintain. If you don't have any solid knowledge of this arena (and most people don't), dealerships are a breading ground for fraud! They are trained to spot ignorance, and exploit it.

Every time I have been in a dealership for sales or service, it's like standing next to someone speaking a foreign language yet them not knowing I "know" their language... I could swear they send these idiots to special schools to come up with some of the excuses or stories they have to "explain" the specific issue/situation etc.. The plain, simple, straight truth would be so much easier and reach the same result with a billion times more customer satisfaction points.

YOU MUST understand your limitations and expect the worst from any dealership. Go in with this knowledge and "understanding", and leave with your wallet/sanity...

Sorry OP,
My rant doesn't specifically apply to your issue but the FACT remains, near all dealerships are bad and should be avoided at all costs with exception to warranty work.
I understand your fear of leaving your vehicle until fixed, but that should have been what the dealership offered in the first place - along with a simple: "sorry for the inconvenience" type statement....

Best of luck!!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Instructor

Update 2:

They didn't let me keep the loaner so I had to go in again today and get my car back. The SM did offer to touch-up the other knicks and scratches on the car when I bring it in next week (Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on when the part gets here). We'll see how this turns out.

Thanks everyone for your support and advice
Old 06-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
"Good" car dealerships are a "dime a BILLION", to coin a phrase......

I've worked at two and purchased more new cars (much warranty work) than I should over the years and I have yet to be "impressed" by ANY. This is the NORM folks, it's a fact.

All of the reports of great experiences only reflects the fact that nothing has happened for that specific dealership to show you their bad side. When their making money and you're not complaining, it's all smiles. Have the shop "f-up" on their dime and the customer expect their car to be returned as it was when brought in, and it's dealership game face time..

Lets be honest though, it's a business that is striving to make money. Most do get defensive when profit margins take a hit. Why auto dealerships are worse than all others is a result of them getting away with near fraudulent practices. Think about it, sales, financing, leases, mechanical/electronic vehicles requiring skills to maintain. If you don't have any solid knowledge of this arena (and most people don't), dealerships are a breading ground for fraud! They are trained to spot ignorance, and exploit it.

Every time I have been in a dealership for sales or service, it's like standing next to someone speaking a foreign language yet them not knowing I "know" their language... I could swear they send these idiots to special schools to come up with some of the excuses or stories they have to "explain" the specific issue/situation etc.. The plain, simple, straight truth would be so much easier and reach the same result with a billion times more customer satisfaction points.

YOU MUST understand your limitations and expect the worst from any dealership. Go in with this knowledge and "understanding", and leave with your wallet/sanity...

Sorry OP,
My rant doesn't specifically apply to your issue but the FACT remains, near all dealerships are bad and should be avoided at all costs with exception to warranty work.
I understand your fear of leaving your vehicle until fixed, but that should have been what the dealership offered in the first place - along with a simple: "sorry for the inconvenience" type statement....

Best of luck!!
Thanks it's quite illuminating hearing the dealer's side of concerns. I've heard stories similar to to what you just told me and trust me, I understand it's not all roses all the time. Unfortunately, this seems to be an industry, where "Norm" is "Good" and "Bad" seems to be the "Norm"
Old 06-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by gotjesus
wow,
Acura Carland is going

Honestly, they are really rude to you.
I suggest go to Ed Voyles.
I needed to get check up on my seat memory and power mirror,
and the guy replaced the fuse for FREE!.
I know that the fuse don't cost that much, but I think if it was
Carland the would charge me at least $10 for that.

Anyways,

Poor Carland... they are going down!
That's becasue the old SM and all the good people at Acura Carland left and went to Ed Voyles Acura. Tom House was the SM at Carland for years and treated me well, he left a whle back becasue the ownership of Carland was going down hill and looking at cutting costs and not providing good customer service. Try Ed Voyles or Jackson Acura.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:30 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

tom house is not exactly SM material and it is true the ownership of carland is going down hill...

tom house misquote price at Ed voyles couple time and losing $$ for ed voyles too, LOL...
Old 06-16-2008, 08:52 PM
aTLien

Are you In georgia by any chance?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:54 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

yes i am in georgia
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 PM
aTLien

i was talking about the carland, lol. . . Thats were i bought my car
Old 06-17-2008, 01:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
i had a similar experience but since acura dealer typically do not have bodyshop in my area it went like this

1. bring car in for oil change
2. SM comes out and tells me tech ran into a rim and screwed up bumper
3. given a 2006 TL to drive
4. acura puts acura parts on car (as seen on invoice)
5. acura sends car over to body shop Abara (these guys suck)
6. I have them repair 3 paint chips in the roof of the car for additional $360.

One week later I get my car back and this is what I saw

1. front bumper looks like ass where the paint and black meet (massive over spray)
2. 1 of the three paint chips has NOT BEEN repaired

talked to dealer about getting bumper corrected and 1 year later it is still looking like ass

talked to abara and got the typical run a round and I basically had to ask the manager if the tech who worked on my car was "blind as a bat". they wanted to charge me again to fix the roof and then after I went to the corp office, they said they would fix it as cheaply as possible anbd I would not have to pay for it...........f that.......so I am going to take the car to Luther Body shop and let them fix it along with a few chips in the hood.

it's not just dealers that do this crap it is anyone who runs a business
Old 06-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
i had a similar experience but since acura dealer typically do not have bodyshop in my area it went like this

1. bring car in for oil change
2. SM comes out and tells me tech ran into a rim and screwed up bumper
3. given a 2006 TL to drive
4. acura puts acura parts on car (as seen on invoice)
5. acura sends car over to body shop Abara (these guys suck)
6. I have them repair 3 paint chips in the roof of the car for additional $360.

One week later I get my car back and this is what I saw

1. front bumper looks like ass where the paint and black meet (massive over spray)
2. 1 of the three paint chips has NOT BEEN repaired

talked to dealer about getting bumper corrected and 1 year later it is still looking like ass

talked to abara and got the typical run a round and I basically had to ask the manager if the tech who worked on my car was "blind as a bat". they wanted to charge me again to fix the roof and then after I went to the corp office, they said they would fix it as cheaply as possible anbd I would not have to pay for it...........f that.......so I am going to take the car to Luther Body shop and let them fix it along with a few chips in the hood.

it's not just dealers that do this crap it is anyone who runs a business
Damn dude I'm so sorry to hear about that as well - Carland actually has a decent bodyshop I heard so hopefully this can get resolved.

Thanks,
Old 06-17-2008, 04:07 PM
10th Gear

Ed Voyles Acura

Have to give more props to Ed Voyles Acura in Atlanta. Bought my TL last October, and have had great experiences with all of their staff (sales, finance, & service).

Didn't like Carland at all when I was shopping. Jackson Acura was nice, though didn't get me the best price. Just some thoughts for those in the ATL.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:17 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation over there. I hope you got what the SM said in writing. After all, anyone can claim "amnesia" when bringing up stuff that needs to be corrected.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Babnik
Are you kidding me? Did you even read his post? It didn't even happen to me and I'm pissed for him. The dealership repairing the damage is the LEAST they need to do. If they were just an ok dealership, they would have apologized profusely. If they were a good dealership, they would have given something for his troubles (i.e. making extra trips to the dealership and having to drive around in his damaged car). Not only didn't they apologize but they HUNG UP ON HIM!

I don't normally wish bad things on people but I hope something like this happens to you. Nothing financial out of your pocket but just enough to be an inconvenience (with the poor customer service of course).
Old 06-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Not that anyone cares but its Tom Houser not Tom House. I to purchased my car from Ed Voyles Acura but thats because I work right down the street from them. I also know alot of their sales staff, service staff and management and everyone has treated me well there. I was actually there yesterday I just stopped by to shoot the shit with some of the guys who work there. I pretty much know at least a couple people from all the dealerships off of PIB due to my line of work. Its nice to know you can get parts at their cost if you need to. And when I say their cost I mean their cost as an employee not dealer cost.

Also its funny when customer service is brought up especially when its considered bad. Everyone expects something when they receive said bad customer service but what about bad customers? Should the dealership get something for their time if having to deal with bad customers? Trust me the customer is not always right.

D

Quick Reply: Acura Carland - WORST SERVICE EVER!!!