3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to Purchase a TL! HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOC fees are not really negotiable since they are mostly state fees for registering a vehicle.

Good luck and shop around if you can't get the deal you want.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by swtato
DOC fees are not really negotiable since they are mostly state fees for registering a vehicle.

Good luck and shop around if you can't get the deal you want.

Thanks, again - i appriciate your help.

I think if they cant somehow work on those numbers - i may just not buy a new car but.... its really my own fault for being upside down.... but thats to blame for my car that got wrecked before my accord! had negative equity starting on the accord!

it is nice to know that the accords negative equity is less than the negative equity i dumped ontop of it when i bought it... so meaning my accord has held up. rather nicely.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 209 Likes on 168 Posts
Ouch!

Originally Posted by morninglight
I e-mailed Tim this offer this morning

Silver Satin Metallic w/ Quartz Non Navi
Anthrocite w/ Quartz Non Navi

31,500 for the car.
I understand "documentation fees" are about 300... I agree to 150.

John Eagle to take My accord for 19,500.

31500 - 19500 leaves 12,000 for tax on the new vehicle - 750$

I will place 7,500 down on the TL and have my own finacing.

If we cant do this, then I really cant afford to do this deal. Looking at the finances last night, I am already tapped out on the deal.

I totally respect your desire to own such a wonderful car. And heaven knows, it's your business. Just wondering: Is there something that really dissatisfies you about your current car? Jeez, an '04 Accord EX V6 with 22k on the clock. To go into such debt just to get out of it...???
Old 09-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Instructor

Navi or non-navi

It sems like you've made your choice of non navi but, also remember, with the navi option you get voice command over many non navi features; DVD, XM/AM/FM Radio, Climate controls as well as another poster said, a whole database of resteraunts, ATMs, gas staions, Banks, Hotels, attractions and all with phone numbers so you can ask it to find you the closest chinese resteraunt and after making a selection (by voice) you can just say "dial" the car (provided your cel phone is Bluetooth enabled) call the number for you so you can check hours, place an order or make reservations.

I had a blast with the neighbor cop who was so amazed when I spoke to my car and asked it to play disk 5 track 11 and voila, it played what I asked. He even brought his kids over to see for themselves as they didn't believe him.

I've lived in Toronto my whole life and in just 3 weeks since I've had the TL the NAV systems has routed me thru areas of the city much quicker and easier than routes I had been using for years.

Just consider all you'll be sacrificing from your driving experience by excluding a truly remarkable piece of technology.

Good luck with your purchase, Navi or non-Navi it's a wonderful car.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by morninglight
Thanks, again - i appriciate your help.

I think if they cant somehow work on those numbers - i may just not buy a new car but.... its really my own fault for being upside down.... but thats to blame for my car that got wrecked before my accord! had negative equity starting on the accord!

it is nice to know that the accords negative equity is less than the negative equity i dumped ontop of it when i bought it... so meaning my accord has held up. rather nicely.
Consider a pre owned also that might get you closer to the rage you want. I bought my NON NAV 04 TL 1 yr old and 15k miles for 28k plus taxes.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Instructor

Consider a pre owned also that might get you closer to the rage you want. I bought my NON NAV 04 TL 1 yr old and 15k miles for 28k plus taxes.

actually looking at one in austin right now..... well online at least....... i asked the acura dealer to quote me
Old 09-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Instructor

can you send me an e-mail with your address? i want to send you a link of the TL i am kinda eye-ing ....

morninglight711 at gmail.com

(haha those bots cant get that!)