Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6m vs Manual.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
If you do the math on that alone, that is only 9.7%. That is close to the percentage they make. Most dealers don't stock 118 TL's, and to find a 6mt at a smaller dealer is harder. I was so picky that they had to find mine, and at the time they didn't have any 6mt on the lot.

Jason
Pohanka has been running in the 9 to 11% 6MT range for a little while, now. The day I bought mine in July '04, 27% of their TL inventory had manual transmissions. This continued for a while, but then slowly diminished to where it has been recently.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Wid-TL
Call it luck, but in November the only leftover '05's they had were 6MT where I purchased... I think 4 or 5 of them... Guess it's based on the area and related demand.
Absolutely.. the demand, that is. I live just outside of Northern Virginia (my section of Prince William County is not considered part of Northern Virginia - thank God). This whole area is the most affluent in the nation, so cars like the TL are pretty common and since there are so many Bimmer-loving yuppies, spending $35% for a car is nothing when the average house in Northern Virginia was selling for $560,000 last summer.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Pohanka has been running in the 9 to 11% 6MT range for a little while, now. The day I bought mine in July '04, 27% of their TL inventory had manual transmissions. This continued for a while, but then slowly diminished to where it has been recently.
I checked their inventory and out of 11 available 6MT, only one has Navi. Not a good ratio if you ask me?
Old 04-22-2006, 02:22 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you would think most people buying a TL would get navi.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mlody
I checked their inventory and out of 11 available 6MT, only one has Navi. Not a good ratio if you ask me?
Yeah.. I saw that, too. This is not the normal case with them. They tend to get most of their TLs in with Nav. The day I bought my '04, every one of the manuals on the lot had Nav. And they had three Anthracite/Ebony/6MT/Nav's, one of which I bought.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Oh, and when I went in to buy my car, I didn't want Nav but they had no manuals on the lot without Nav that day. Since I wanted the car, I went ahead and got the Nav (not a stupid decision as y'all know).

One of my next door neighbors bought an '05 manual last summer without Nav. The car was on the lot for two weeks that I know of because I went there to take a look at it one Sunday after he told me he had test driven it. He wanted, and got, Blue/Parchment/6MT/No Nav.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:33 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by clausda0
you would think most people buying a TL would get navi.
No to change the subject but, IMHO if I want to have a GPS I would want it on both my vehicles and instead of each having one I would want a portable one kind of like Sirius and their portable unit they have instead of our XM radio that I can only listen on my TL (on the Ody it came standard on the Touring but we didn't want to deal with the PAX tires).
A friend of mine has one of these units and loves it, don't know the brand but the screen is very easy to read and all his family fights for it, he has 2 kids which = 4 cars )

Funny how not one person corrected me for the title of the post not being correct...it should have read......6MT vs Automatics ... , but it was good reading..I hope Russ..this helps in making your decision in getting your TL....good luck
Old 04-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Instructor

except for the moderator in post #2
Old 04-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HEK
No to change the subject but, IMHO if I want to have a GPS I would want it on both my vehicles and instead of each having one I would want a portable one kind of like Sirius and their portable unit they have instead of our XM radio that I can only listen on my TL (on the Ody it came standard on the Touring but we didn't want to deal with the PAX tires).
A friend of mine has one of these units and loves it, don't know the brand but the screen is very easy to read and all his family fights for it, he has 2 kids which = 4 cars )

Funny how not one person corrected me for the title of the post not being correct...it should have read......6MT vs Automatics ... , but it was good reading..I hope Russ..this helps in making your decision in getting your TL....good luck
Dude, I dont get it, why would you want to have some fugly GPS unit hanging from the glass while you drive down the road?? I personally work as an installer and would never consider that. I want the look of it being in the dash. I have navi in my car, my wifes MDX and a indash Navi in my truck. A much bigger screen and alot easier to use. Sorry thats just how I feel about it. And we all picked up on the mistake and it was listed on the second post, so why would we say it again.

Jason
Old 04-22-2006, 08:05 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
Dude, I dont get it, why would you want to have some fugly GPS unit hanging from the glass while you drive down the road?? I personally work as an installer and would never consider that. I want the look of it being in the dash. I have navi in my car, my wifes MDX and a indash Navi in my truck. A much bigger screen and alot easier to use. Sorry thats just how I feel about it. And we all picked up on the mistake and it was listed on the second post, so why would we say it again.

Jason
your so right, it was silly of me to actually read my own thread and find it funny that it wasn't brought up....anyway...I'll leave the GPS for the Electronics forum.......
Old 04-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Race Director

On Nadaguides.com

you will see a check mark for "w/o AUTO TRANS." When you check it, it shows that The value of the car is $625 less for a manual for a 2004 TL w/ Navi and 25k Miles, That is a Book Most Dealers use and it is a common known thing that manuals will bring less money back