3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3G Lower Grille Mod***pics***

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I am ctually considering doing the center part of the grill since I have all that gutter grill, glue, and spray paint left over. What ya'll think? Anybody have a picture of that?
Old 10-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 591 Likes on 455 Posts
Originally Posted by jmaikamon
Pohljm, I gotta tell you that your mod was spot on. Looks like you took your time. Well done!
Thanks jmaikamon, The most difficult part of the whole process is cutting out the horizontal and vertical plastic grille pieces. The trick is not to try to cut them flush to the frame, like one would think, but to cut them so that there is a bit left and then file or sand that down to be flush. apply spot putty and paint away!

I have been looking at the center grille and think I may try something. I want to keep the center bar so I may just apply the mesh in the recessed background where the black plastic grille is now. I have a piece cut to fit the rear part of my A-spec underbody spoiler,and it looks pretty sharp, but so far I have been to chicken to cut it out.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SlimTL
Great. I'll try with just the black mesh first. I'll also do a sample with the silver just to see how it looks. I liked the silver mesh because I thought it would fit good with the silver color stock wheels and the centerpiece Acura aluminum grill.

Anyone else have pictures of the whole front end with this mod?
SlimTL, the best thing to do would be to try the silver first since that is the way it comes, and live with it for a day or so, and if your not feeling it, pop it out and spray it black and pop it back in and then make a decision. Once you have one grille cut to fit you can use it as a template and cut as many out as you like.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by pohljm
SlimTL, the best thing to do would be to try the silver first since that is the way it comes, and live with it for a day or so, and if your not feeling it, pop it out and spray it black and pop it back in and then make a decision. Once you have one grille cut to fit you can use it as a template and cut as many out as you like.

Thx. That sounds like a fantastic idea.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SlimTL
Great. I'll try with just the black mesh first. I'll also do a sample with the silver just to see how it looks. I liked the silver mesh because I thought it would fit good with the silver color stock wheels and the centerpiece Acura aluminum grill.

Anyone else have pictures of the whole front end with this mod?
Here is the pic of the entire front end with the silver mesh, I think it looks more aggressive this way. notice all the semi trucks in the reflection off the bumper, they are filming a movie in our backyard currently. They filmed out front a couple months ago, but I couldnt get the TL in any shots

Old 10-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
Man that's awesome. I'm definetly gonna try this mod ASAP. BTW, nice ride. Hope you can fit it into one of the upcoming shots before its all said and done!!