Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 TL Turn Signal FLASHER AUDIO

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TzarChasm
I read the OP, thought "hey thats not a bad idea", read onsknth's post, had a chuckle and moved on. Maybe there should be a sticky at the top of the page saying that any attempt at humor on these pages will NOT be tolerated, these are for information ONLY.

Personally, I find a lot of these threads humorous as well as informative, which is what keeps me coming back.

I don't see any difference between onsknth's first post and this entire thread:
There is a difference between laughing with someone and at someone. The initial post by Jim was the latter. It was directed at Joe because of his hearing loss - that is where funny stops and offensive begins. That is the problem. People let Jim have it - some of it was warranted. Did he deserve all of it? Maybe not. I would say that the majority of people who commented on this thread felt the initial comment was out of line. I appreciate humor and completely agree that it is absolutely necessary in these forums to keep them fun. Jim's vacation is due to pushing the issue, not apologizing for a potential lapse in judgment and not leaving well enough alone. I think that a simple “sorry” after Jim had a chance to see how people responded would have ended this issue there.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread. Now that’s funny. HAHA.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by fish008
vacation is due to pushing the issue, not apologizing for a potential lapse in judgment and not leaving well enough alone. I think that a simple “sorry” after Jim had a chance to see how people responded would have ended this issue there.
I concur, he should have backed off, his mistake, I have no feelings about his "vacation" one way or another.

However, the only post in this thread that *I* found offensive was the one from the OP that suggested that simply because he was older than onsknth he was more entitled to an opinion or comment. Jim not letting it go was a bad move, the OP not letting it go was an immature move, and everyone else on the attack certainly did not help the situation.

When I decided to serve, I agreed(and wanted) to preserve people's freedom to say what they want, dumb or not. Some of you military people would do well to remember that yourselves.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:54 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
So you chose to disregard my suggestion.

So what's wrong here? Let me count the ways. In no particular order.

1. You disregarded my suggestion by going public.

2. The comment after my user name-was that really necessary?

3. I spent 26 years in the Air Force, and I am proud of that service, so if I was to mention it (which I guess I just did), then would your comment apply to me too?

4. The fact that you completely missed the point about why your first post was considered so bad. Asking if his eyes were going out too, an illusion to his statement that he was hard of hearing, was particularly offensive, and pointing out that there are green blinky things was unnecessary since we can assume he knew that and was asking for an alternative.

What this boils down to is that I am awarding you a 14 day vacation from these forums, which will be effective the next time I see you are active since I am too lazy and possibly too old to bother sending an email.

If you wish to politely acknowledge that you have seen this, it would speed up the process and make things easier for me.

And my apologies to TLJOEO for again going off topic in his thread.

lol... Get em Ron....

long story short... it's still just a web forum..
Old 12-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by jmbnova

lol... Get em Ron....

long story short... it's still just a web forum..
I appreciate all the comments, and yes it is still a web forum, but we try to hold 3G TL to a higher standard and keep it civil and informative and less argumentative than other forums.

That said, please let's get back to the original topic.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Suzuka Master

My ENTIRE point is that people are being WAY too sensative. It's the internet, you can't always tell why someone is typing something because there is no emotion to it. Jim posts something, maybe in humor, maybe not, who cares? Joe goes on the attack immediatly, and a half dozen people join in. Jim then finds he is unable to let it go because now he is under attack, and earns himself a "vacation", I have no heartache over that, but it was all unnecessary.

I feel bad because Jim probably really has no idea how things got to the point where he is locked out for a couple weeks. Now, he may or may not be back, and this place loses a member. Just a shame it didn't go differently. I like to think if I accidently offended someone, I would just apologize, but if I were having a bad day, and they were attacking me for what I thought was an comedic comment.... I think to myself "there but for the grace of god go I".
Old 12-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Sorry if I keep semi-hijacking, but I think the point of the thread was solved several posts back ( he found a louder buzzer and will be installing after holidays) and I am finding the whole thread to be fascinating and an important topic of discussion so that things don't go bad like this again.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Sorry Tzar, whether or not Jim thought he was being funny doesnt matter. It was a smartass remark and I think most of us took it that way.

I get so tired of hearing "Its the internet" There are people that have met on here and got married. I have made friends that have become family to me on here. So "Its the internet" just doesnt fly with me here. Just because you log in doesnt give you the right to be an ass or say what you want to say. This is no different then walking into a room and saying it to someones face. Just like the kid who got a visit from the cop. What he posted on here can be held against him. I will say that people are way more brave behind the keyboard.

BUT we have rules in 3G. You are pretty new so Ill give you the benefit. We have an Off Topic section. That is where you can go be "funny". The OP had a question and all we want you to do is help him. Im not trying to take the fun out of it. Just the stupidity. Thats why most are here. If you wanna be a jokester then head over to Ramblings.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
OK, back to the thread please.

Can someone tell me where the clicker relay is located, as well as, that chime speaker (when the door is open)?

Thank you.

PS I've been to many auto forums, and this is a my fav, as you can see I'm here since 03. This is a highly informative forum, and from the time to time (including myself) we all made stupid posts or comments, but there is a limit, and I'm glad our admin and mods are on top of this. Thanks guys. Now where the heck is this annoying chiming speaker! LoL
Old 12-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
TecknoKing I have an electrical schematic manual for the TL. Ill check tonight and see if it may say where it is...
Old 12-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 258 Posts
I think it's sad that people put someone down for having an idea.

Ideas and questions like the one originally presented lead to ideas and technologies that power the world of tomorrow. (I know...sounds cheesy)

Look at the invention of the Head up display, made to reduce information overload, and provide necessary data in one centralized location; that easily came from a thought or suggestion not far from the one above.

Great question Joe, I agree with you on the wiring diagram. (the following assumes you have the helms manual) If you really wanted this to work though I am sure you could jump in on the wires that feed to the #4 and #5 terminals of the turn signal relay (as shown on page 22-199).

They supply the positive voltage to your individual turn signal circuits. Jumping in there and supplying that voltage to a louder turn signal should do the trick. if you are using anything other than another "clicker" I would suggest using another relay as not doing so could cause you to draw too many amps and blow a fuse.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Pink things in...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission

There are people that have met on here and got married. ...
^^
ME! 11.17.07

Anyways, this is a very informative thread, not only just for a TL but you could also apply something similar to other cars.

I know a lot of us possibly have older parents or grandparents that could use this help too.

Joe - tell us how everything came out after the holiday and good luck with it!

Happy Holidays everyone!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
TecknoKing I have an electrical schematic manual for the TL. Ill check tonight and see if it may say where it is...
Thank you!