Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 acura TL SEATBELT QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 12:48 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 acura TL SEATBELT QUESTION

i wanted to know if there is a way to shut off the seatbelt sensor thingie..i wear my seatbelt but not all the time, and when i dont the beeping is really annoying..any ideas? is there something that can be done? please help..

lucci
Old 08-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Advanced

Yea something can be done...BUCKLE UP 4 SAFETY!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Be Safe...

Welcome to the club

You ain't the first one asking this n00b question. No easy way so far.

Well, you could buy a buckle of the seat belt and put that in... your own risk. Do the right way.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:03 AM
Instructor

There's no two ways about it. Wear your seat belt! I can't think of a single instance where it's appropriate to be driving the car without it.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:02 AM
Racer

Wear your seat belt at all times. Once you start doing it all the time, it will be like second nature. You won't notice it, and you won't forget to do it, and the beeping won't even be a factor.

Not wearing a seatbelt is just plain stupid. There is no more effective passive safety feature in any car than the seatbelt. Of course the driver is the most important factor, and choosing not to wear your seatbelt can kill you.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:21 AM
6th Gear

To answer your question, rather than scold you about not wearing your seatbelt, is:
You probably can disconnect the bell if you can find out which wire controls the warning.

As a reference, in my job, we drive Ford cars. In the Ford, there is a Lighting Control Module under the dash (you cannot snip a wire at the seat belt connector) within that module, there are dozens of wires. One of them controls this warning. We snipped it and no more chiming. It took a really long time to find the right person who had the knowledge to tell us what wire it was.

Now if the Acura has a similar set up, it could be done, you would need a very informed tech to 1) tell you which wire to snip and 2) to be sure that it won't effect any other car functions.

Good Luck,
Old 08-21-2004, 08:07 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dwcolt
There's no two ways about it. Wear your seat belt! I can't think of a single instance where it's appropriate to be driving the car without it.
Well, potentially when doing something like backing your car out of your garage into the driveway to wash it, or something of that nature it would be perfectly appropriate. However, for that short "trip", the warning buzzer wouldn't be annoying, and nobody would bother trying to defeat it. So your point is valid.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Intermediate

In my opinion, my car has no business yelling at me for not wearing my seatbelt. It's bad enough that the state governments try to tell me that I MUST wear my seatbelt. Who's life am I risking but my own??

Personally, I wear my belt 99% of the time. However, there are ocassions where I do not see it necessary. For example, when I make a 1/2 mile drive through a mall parking lot to get from the mall to a restaurant. In these ocassions, the last thing I want to hear is an incredible loud warning from my car. Leave the light on the dash lit, that's fine... but audible warnings after you start driving are over the line, in my opinion.

In any case - I would love to disable this "feature", so if anyone find an answer, please let us know!
Old 08-21-2004, 10:28 AM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
[QUOTE=wdoran]In my opinion, my car has no business yelling at me for not wearing my seatbelt. It's bad enough that the state governments try to tell me that I MUST wear my seatbelt. Who's life am I risking but my own??

--SNIP--QUOTE]

Who else's life is at risk? Whoever's vehicle you land in front of after you're ejected from the vehicle and land in an intersection. They're risking their life trying to avoid your body. OR what about your passengers in the event of an accident. You get hit, knocked over into the passegner seat instead of being able to try controlling the vehicle. The belt is to help you stay put in order to control the car. Can you guarantee you'll be able to try controlling the car without your seatbelt? Nope.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Advanced

[QUOTE=fast-tl]
Originally Posted by wdoran
In my opinion, my car has no business yelling at me for not wearing my seatbelt. It's bad enough that the state governments try to tell me that I MUST wear my seatbelt. Who's life am I risking but my own??

--SNIP--QUOTE]

Who else's life is at risk? Whoever's vehicle you land in front of after you're ejected from the vehicle and land in an intersection. They're risking their life trying to avoid your body. OR what about your passengers in the event of an accident. You get hit, knocked over into the passegner seat instead of being able to try controlling the vehicle. The belt is to help you stay put in order to control the car. Can you guarantee you'll be able to try controlling the car without your seatbelt? Nope.
My thoughts exactly!!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:04 PM
2nd Gear

i didnt ask neone for an explanation of what would happen with no seatbelt or anything of the sort.i appericate everyones concern and telling me to wear my seatbelt..but all i asked if there is a way to disable the annoying sound.thank you
Old 08-21-2004, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

I'd rather not hijack this thread and turn it into a debate over wearing a seatbelt...

But going on your logic of someone avoiding my body - shouldn't motorcylces should be illegal as well?? I mean, afterall, if a rider loses control, chances are the guy driving behind the bike will cause another accident avoiding the rider. Also, if the accident is bad enough to throw me out of the car, or throw me into the passenger seat, chances are the airbags are going off which would eliminate any possiblity of me controlling the car anyway. Can't control a car with a big bag blocking your vision.

But anyway - Back to the thread... Is there a way to eliminate this seatbelt warning.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

lucci1234,

We used to close threads like this because of your topic, which is "unsafety" related topic. If anybody asks how to get rid of SRS for no reasons, we will shut that thread, too.

In the past, all three seatbelt warning removal threads had been bunged. All replies insides those threads were similar to what you have received over here. Please check, thanks.

You could say tons of legit justifications which could explain why ppl don't have to wear the seatbelt. Manufacturers should know better than us. There are motives why they don't want you disable that damn noise.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68019

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76747

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80637
Old 08-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Team Anthracite

the best way to stop the seatbelt chime is to attach this special device to the lock. its a little metal flap attached to a nylon strap.

either that or you can slam into a telephone pole. it may not stop the chime, but you wont be able to hear it anymore thats for sure.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Advanced

Old 08-22-2004, 06:35 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts
The people who don't want to wear seatbelts and don't are the same people who would sue the manufacturer if they got hurt alleging that they should have warned them that their seatbelts were not on. This is why the manufacturers install all the warnings they do in the car. That is why we have the pain in the butt start up screen on the Navi. Unfortunately, manufacturers must proivde the "common sense" for the lowest common denominator (or lower) who are driving their vehicles.

I almost always wear my seatbelt except for moving the car out of the garage or something similar. I like having a warning in case I forget to buckle up because I get distracted. This happened once when I moved the car out of the garage, fiddled with the Navi and then decided to take off instead of going back into the house.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Intermediate

I always wear my seatbelt and there is no way of turning it off that I know.

As for the seatbelt/safety debate, I always love this one. Not pointing fingers here, but some of my frineds always get into this argument about safety and the government. The part that I find the most ironic is they are arguing while smoking cigs. (health issue for them and those around them) and drinking beer (safety/health/law issues). After they all argue about seatbelts, everyone jumps in their cars and drives home. The best part is, some of them are cops. Hummmm, maybe it's just me?
Old 08-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Moderator Alumnus

You're doing this modification by your own risk.

Some :cop: will only put the seatbelt on when high-speed tracing others.

The A-TL.com wouldn't encourage members' unsafety by providing the alternative solutions for members.

For safety reasons, we do not condone the practice of disabling the seat belts. Discussion on this subject is not encouraged.