3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004-07 Supercharged TL vs. 2005 Cadillac CTS-V (who's it gonna be?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 12:49 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
My point is....I dont call passing a car on the highway "running somebody" That was pretty much my point.

At the same time...would love to line of em sometime just for shits and giggles if your ever around Indy!

If you ever are in town when KOTS runs....you should check it out. Our guys from out in the sticks come out and run with the ChiTown guys for King of the Streets. Some of the races get pretty dicey! And money is flying all over...lol. Happens at US41 Drag Strip (No Limit Raceway is what its called now) and they are very lax with the safety rules - I've seen 4 people in a car on a drag run on private events...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89z1ahQV0NI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTYvraW2bM
4 people is insane!!

Here in houston u cant even run without a helmet if u are faster then 14.5.

nitrous bottle has to be safely mounted with a release dump tube..

any car in the 10's would require roll cage, firejacket, fire extinguisher, helmet and just the whole nine...

MAN!!!! I didnt know it was that easy in INDY! My friend is in dental in Indianapolis, visiting him soon in june or july.. Maybe ill hit u up so we can go cruising
Old 05-27-2011, 01:14 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by DIRTYJOHN
4 people is insane!!

Here in houston u cant even run without a helmet if u are faster then 14.5.

nitrous bottle has to be safely mounted with a release dump tube..

any car in the 10's would require roll cage, firejacket, fire extinguisher, helmet and just the whole nine...

MAN!!!! I didnt know it was that easy in INDY! My friend is in dental in Indianapolis, visiting him soon in june or july.. Maybe ill hit u up so we can go cruising
Sweet! Definately would be fun!!! Actually....Lucas Oil Raceway Park (formally Oreilly Raceway Park, formally Indianapolis Raceway Park ) here in Indy is a NHRA run track, and therefore follows all rules therein for the most part. They may be lax on an initial inspection on Wednesday nite drags, but if you run too fast they will shut you down for the evening and not let you run anymore or tell you to slow down and work on 1/8th, ect so you dont go too fast for the rules. LOTS of people will take RX7 w/ LS1 swaps in em or whatever and run once just for a time though just to get the boot. lol But just north of Indy in Muncie at Muncie Dragway they are somewhat more what you'd expect - safety is there....but they arent anal about it to the extent that they are in Indy. But US41 (No Limit Dragway) can get insane with what they will let happen. They are stuggling too badly to stay in business and the ChiTown boyz can get pretty insane with what they will bring to race.

Back to the scheduled programming I guess...

CTS-V > TL