3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004-07 Supercharged TL vs. 2005 Cadillac CTS-V (who's it gonna be?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:05 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Originally Posted by FastLS6speed
That is a badass time! I'm looking for people that can run those times...
Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbnAi5zpwc0

He has Type S rims but his car is not a Type S.

He's a good driver though, as he ran a 13.99@99.9mph with a stock TL + intake.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:48 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
This guys shifts were so fast. i remember listening to his car in the mountains and thinking it was an auto.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
thats badass! What state is he in?
Old 05-12-2011, 04:33 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I don't know...I think he totalled his car and got a different car now.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
types-09? im pretty sure the engine crapped itself, he ended up swapping the engine and then selling the car?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:49 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
types-09? im pretty sure the engine crapped itself, he ended up swapping the engine and then selling the car?
lol I don't remember..I just remember something happened to his car....
Old 05-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
No, but I've come close... 550I tried playing with me but I had my young son in the car and just let him go... and tried playing with a 4.2 V8 S4 that was speeding on the highway a few months back but he slowed down and wouldn't bite...

But I would love too....
Old 05-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Your gonna want to look for someone who has done a little more work than just slapping the SC kit on there.. I think about the most power you can get is 380whp 6MT with the kit and supporting mods etc. From a roll that should kill you but there aren't too many of those out there.. I'd love to see vids though
Old 05-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Nobody ever got close to 380 whp with the S/C, although with the pending release of the J&R ecu, I'm sure it'll be possible to tune it and run more boost to get that figure.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:30 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I just installed PCD's yesterday.
FastLS6 I'm ready to take you on.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Racer

Haha... what's your mods and how much are you pushing with the new tune?? Houstons to far for me to travel and at the Gas prices I don't see myself taking any road trips in the V anytime soon... I was planning on taking it to N.O. but we desided to not take my car and go to San Antonio now so we'll be a little closer to Houston I think...
Originally Posted by justnspace
I just installed PCD's yesterday.
FastLS6 I'm ready to take you on.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:28 PM

I tried to bring the Lulz, but I failed.

I did install the pcd's but am no where near your power levels.

current mods are just exhaust breathers.
Pre-cat-Deletes --> jpipe.

I'm a 6MT as well.
estimated power level: 245-255hp at the front wheels.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
I'm a 6MT as well.
estimated power level: 245-255hp at the front wheels.
What? The TL is FWD?
Old 05-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I found someone that Fastls6speed might be interested in this guy posted up some pics of his friends sick lookin sc TL wit purple volks you should hit him up see what can go down between you 2 keep us posted and if you can video tape it
Old 05-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Opel -375whp
I can def. see how its possible with our new tuning options

Originally Posted by anx1300c
Nobody ever got close to 380 whp with the S/C, although with the pending release of the J&R ecu, I'm sure it'll be possible to tune it and run more boost to get that figure.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Racer

Can you post a link to the thread? I'm on my phone and its hard to navigate...

Originally Posted by 02TyPe_S_Tl
I think I found someone that Fastls6speed might be interested in this guy posted up some pics of his friends sick lookin sc TL wit purple volks you should hit him up see what can go down between you 2 keep us posted and if you can video tape it
Old 05-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn I don't seem to find his post anymorewhyme:
Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
michaelbenz wasnt your car 5A/T??
Old 05-19-2011, 07:14 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by fastls6speed
thats badass! What state is he in?
ga
Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Blazing GT
michaelbenz wasnt your car 5A/T??
Yep.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by iforyou
lol I don't remember..I just remember something happened to his car....
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/my-tl-may-have-slung-rod-through-side-block-709003/

then sold the car...
Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Racer

Would really love to run one... I just ran into a high school buddy on facebook and turns out that he owns a 2010 Camaro SS M6.. its so sick! Black w/ matte black racing stripe down the center so I'm gonna take a stab at him.. I've already raced a M6 SS and won by a finder and then raced an auto SS and killed him so bad that I gave up on the guy once I got about 2 busses out so I'm gonna see if 3 times a charm.. SS should be a drivers race for sure! Lol
Old 05-23-2011, 02:47 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Would really love to run one... I just ran into a high school buddy on facebook and turns out that he owns a 2010 Camaro SS M6.. its so sick! Black w/ matte black racing stripe down the center so I'm gonna take a stab at him.. I've already raced a M6 SS and won by a finder and then raced an auto SS and killed him so bad that I gave up on the guy once I got about 2 busses out so I'm gonna see if 3 times a charm.. SS should be a drivers race for sure! Lol
Had an SS at the light in front of me a few weeks ago....wasnt expecting it...but he was first in line...me right behind him. He was darting in and out of traffic as we got to that light to try to get beside me I think - he was able to get around me but wouldnt pull to the other lane at the stop light to run next to me. It was just some dude that was trying to "dick measure" more or less - was overly happy with his new car and figured he was gonna show the caddy a thing or two. Light turned green, he tromped it....(I figured he had kind of rethought it since he wouldnt get back over to get next to me first in line - but insisted on being in front - which I dont care, no biggie here - I can tell whats what from behind you also)....so he tromps it to the floor, I followed suit...and he couldnt remove me from his bumper to save his life!

You'll win IMO. Dont think those cars are all they are cracked up to be without some good mods. Stock for stock....I think you will win.

I always get a kick out of people like that because I have heard their stories after the fact. Typically what they say would be "I ran a CTS-V - came out in front at the end of the race!" as if. No...that just means I never took the time to mess with passing you on a street dickwad, but went ahead and ran with you to prove you cant even peel me whatsoever off your bumper! lol Meaning you dont have people swerving all over the place and driving like a complete reckless asshole, AND YOU ALSO DIDNT HAVE WHAT IT TOOK TO EVEN PUT DISTANCE ON ME. You never really end up knowing just how bad you would have been beat or more throttle I had left over until you hit the track...where you should be doing that kind of thing anyway. Where its safe. Not in city traffic mid day where an accident can easily occur.

End of day....I know whats up...still retain all my "cards" meaning your hand is still hidden greatly, in poker talk, and have them half set up to race for money should you catch their talk later? lol

I almost feel bad for them at times because they never really get the full picture if you dont go to the track.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Racer

Haha.. well said! Funny thing is that I had a bad exhaust leek during both said races... Just got it fixed last night, and putting a K&N drop in filter tomorrow once it arrives at the local Autozone( had to order it) which should be good for another 1 to 3hp... The sound will be better but prolly would feel any difference until higher in the speeds... With the SS it takes A LOT of seat time to make her shine, only problem is that the closest 1/4 tracks to far away so we only have 1/8 tracks which we fall on our face on... I think the best I've heard of from a stock V was 8.4 in the 1/8...

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Had an SS at the light in front of me a few weeks ago....wasnt expecting it...but he was first in line...me right behind him. He was darting in and out of traffic as we got to that light to try to get beside me I think - he was able to get around me but wouldnt pull to the other lane at the stop light to run next to me. It was just some dude that was trying to "dick measure" more or less - was overly happy with his new car and figured he was gonna show the caddy a thing or two. Light turned green, he tromped it....(I figured he had kind of rethought it since he wouldnt get back over to get next to me first in line - but insisted on being in front - which I dont care, no biggie here - I can tell whats what from behind you also)....so he tromps it to the floor, I followed suit...and he couldnt remove me from his bumper to save his life!

You'll win IMO. Dont think those cars are all they are cracked up to be without some good mods. Stock for stock....I think you will win.

I always get a kick out of people like that because I have heard their stories after the fact. Typically what they say would be "I ran a CTS-V - came out in front at the end of the race!" as if. No...that just means I never took the time to mess with passing you on a street dickwad, but went ahead and ran with you to prove you cant even peel me whatsoever off your bumper! lol Meaning you dont have people swerving all over the place and driving like a complete reckless asshole, AND YOU ALSO DIDNT HAVE WHAT IT TOOK TO EVEN PUT DISTANCE ON ME. You never really end up knowing just how bad you would have been beat or more throttle I had left over until you hit the track...where you should be doing that kind of thing anyway. Where its safe. Not in city traffic mid day where an accident can easily occur.

End of day....I know whats up...still retain all my "cards" meaning your hand is still hidden greatly, in poker talk, and have them half set up to race for money should you catch their talk later? lol

I almost feel bad for them at times because they never really get the full picture if you dont go to the track.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

lmao he's rowing thru the gears and your front end is still hot on his ass! I bet he was cussing up a storm..."why the he'll didn't I put bus lengths on him????" hahaha
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Ya....he wouldnt even look over when we got up to the next stoplight...WHEN WE ACTUALLY ENDED UP SIDE BY SIDE AT THE LIGHT. That light turned green...suddenly his happy foot wasnt so happy any more and he just sat there until I went away. lol It was pathetic.

Funny this is...my girlfriend just looked at a camaro last night as she needs to get a new car soon so I can have my Lexus back. lol Honestly...been considering selling the V and getting something else, dont even know why. Just seems that time for me. lol
Old 05-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Senior Moderator

for a sports car, the camaro is just a boat IMHO... after driving my friend's C6, it is like any other 2dr sports car is just inferior... unfortunately tho for practicality, i still think i will end up with a CTS-V wagon to cover all bases... a few wks ago, one pulled up next to me, and my wife said she really liked the way it looked... i read you can also swap over the bigger S/C from the ZR1 too? :faint: now about that 70k sticker..
Old 05-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Racer

I was planning on getting a new V sedan but think ill just hold onto my V1.. she just makes me happy! Lol
Old 05-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator

the V1 only came in a MT right?
Old 05-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i ran a cts-v this morning and i should say the outcome was surprising..

Although i am not supercharge i am on nitrous... I didnt get to record because i was by myself, but what i did do is snap a picture of his rear with his nice exhaust (before racing)

My car is making 331 as it sit and 301 tq.. Power is off the bat when i spray

I also want to run a supercharge TL that is in the 350+ range
Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Racer

Post up the pic.. and what's your location? I don't mind running you if you're local... 8-)
Originally Posted by DIRTYJOHN
i ran a cts-v this morning and i should say the outcome was surprising..

Although i am not supercharge i am on nitrous... I didnt get to record because i was by myself, but what i did do is snap a picture of his rear with his nice exhaust (before racing)

My car is making 331 as it sit and 301 tq.. Power is off the bat when i spray

I also want to run a supercharge TL that is in the 350+ range
Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 PM

He's in Houston
Old 05-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Racer

[youtube]cew-rAdyJJk[/youtube]

first video is the car the second video is me trying to record the pulling from the cadi.. Its so hard to record and race at the same time

Just watch carefully and ull see the pull then i have to shift up on sport shift..

o and if u see that red button in my hand thats the nitrous button ahhahaha
Old 05-26-2011, 10:27 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

[youtube]cew-rAdyJJk[/youtube]

first video is the car the second video is me trying to record the pulling from the cadi.. Its so hard to record and PASS SOMEBODY ON THE HIGHWAY at the same time

Just watch carefully and ull see the pull then i have to shift up on sport shift..

o and if u see that red button in my hand thats the nitrous button ahhahaha
Fixed that for you.

Race? Are you serious? I saw no race...just you pass a CTS-V on the highway. lol

Good story though bro!

You surely cant be serious.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Racer

this video is for fast ls6speed

Then i guess I didnt race him. All i know is that my car is slow. Maybe run a 15 sec still for all i care, but the truth is i got lucky

O btw my car isnt even supercharged! It just have a intake

LOL
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Fixed that for you.

Race? Are you serious? I saw no race...just you pass a CTS-V on the highway. lol

Good story though bro!

You surely cant be serious.
He's making roughly the same whp or a little more than a stock first gen CTS-V, and he's a few hundred pounds lighter.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Racer

He's making roughly the same whp or a little more than a stock first gen CTS-V, and he's a few hundred pounds lighter.
i saw a post saying u need runners and intake manifo ported and if someone can do it and send it while the other send the core back, How much does this normally run?

I can possibly do it if u need someone too. I have like 2 or 3 set of intake manifo and hte runners
Old 05-26-2011, 04:50 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Looked like what we call the typical ricer fly by to me....no offense meant whatsoever. Its just a term.

I am not saying he cant beat this or that...no idea what he has. BUT....I can tell you from the looks of that vid...appeared to be flying by from the rear on the highway in typical ricer flyby fashion. I am just going by what I see....but line em up or do a roll start..whatever....but to call that a race? Mmmmkay. Whatever makes you sleep at night. Didnt even look like the dude payed attention to you...or you approached from the rear full throttle and passed him, as I said....in typical ricer flyby fashion. Did you turn on the blinkers and all too? lol

But hellz...I am not beyond getting beat. Lets line em up! I could care less either way! I'm too old to have my ego wrapped up in a car. lol I'm just saying, if your gonna post a vid and call it a race...for gods sake man...make it a race.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Racer

Looked like what we call the typical ricer fly by to me....no offense meant whatsoever. Its just a term.

I am not saying he cant beat this or that...no idea what he has. BUT....I can tell you from the looks of that vid...appeared to be flying by from the rear on the highway in typical ricer flyby fashion. I am just going by what I see....but line em up or do a roll start..whatever....but to call that a race? Mmmmkay. Whatever makes you sleep at night. Didnt even look like the dude payed attention to you...or you approached from the rear full throttle and passed him, as I said....in typical ricer flyby fashion. Did you turn on the blinkers and all too? lol

But hellz...I am not beyond getting beat. Lets line em up! I could care less either way! I'm too old to have my ego wrapped up in a car. lol I'm just saying, if your gonna post a vid and call it a race...for gods sake man...make it a race.
i post a video to say that i ran one in the morning! indeed i did do a ricer flyby and turn by hazard on also.. I even shot fire out of my shit can. Like i say this video was not intended for anyone, just for fast ls just because he wants to see hte lac.

JK

THERE ISNT EVEN A TITLE ON THIS VIDEO..

I POSTED NUMEROUS VIDEO ON HERE. HELL I THINK I AM ONE OF THE FEW THAT WOULD POST UP PICS OR VIDS OF WHAT I DO. LIKE I MENTION BEFORE, if i want to go fast, i will take out the vette.

As for butt hurt, no one is attacking you, we are all in the same community. I have never went on here and attack anyone even if they criticize me. I just dont really care. I am here to support the community.

everyone is entitle to their own opinion.. I am sorry that this is a horrible video.. To each their own.

Last edited by DIRTYJOHN; 05-26-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:06 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

i post a video to say that i ran one in the morning! indeed i did do a ricer flyby and turn by hazard on also.. I even shot fire out of my shit can. Like i say this video was not intended for anyone, just for fast ls just because he wants to see hte lac.

JK

THERE ISNT EVEN A TITLE ON THIS VIDEO..

I POSTED NUMEROUS VIDEO ON HERE. HELL I THINK I AM ONE OF THE FEW THAT WOULD POST UP PICS OR VIDS OF WHAT I DO. LIKE I MENTION BEFORE, if i want to go fast, i will take out the vette.

As for butt hurt, no one is attacking you, we are all in the same community. I have never went on here and attack anyone even if they criticize me. I just dont really care. I am here to support the community.

everyone is entitle to their own opinion.. I am sorry that this is a horrible video.. To each their own.

My point is....I dont call passing a car on the highway "running somebody" That was pretty much my point.

At the same time...would love to line of em sometime just for shits and giggles if your ever around Indy!

If you ever are in town when KOTS runs....you should check it out. Our guys from out in the sticks come out and run with the ChiTown guys for King of the Streets. Some of the races get pretty dicey! And money is flying all over...lol. Happens at US41 Drag Strip (No Limit Raceway is what its called now) and they are very lax with the safety rules - I've seen 4 people in a car on a drag run on private events...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89z1ahQV0NI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTYvraW2bM

Quick Reply: 2004-07 Supercharged TL vs. 2005 Cadillac CTS-V (who's it gonna be?)