Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Plate State

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 02:57 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by tripp11
The front plate is the largest reflective area on the front of a vehicle and makes it easier for other drivers to see vehicles parked on dark roadways.

Front plates are helpful in identifying vehicles used in "hit and runs", robberies, etc... and the front plate aides a police officer in finding the RIGHT vehicle as it passes it as the car is going the opposite direction.

I'm sure there are a million reasons why it's good to have a front plate...or at least those states which opt to require the front plate will tell you; however, I'm thankful I live in a state which does not require them.....it makes my TL look nice and clean up front.

Good one... Thanks.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanna know something even more ridiculous? In Bergen County, NJ which is right by New York City, no retail stores open on Sundays. You can hang out at supermarkets, but that's about it. Oh, there's one Barnes and Noble that opens on Sundays in Edge Water in Bergen County.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:03 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by elessar
You forgot "No Left Turn"... That should be the State Motto!
Yea! THat's funny. I do not know what they gained out of it. Once my brother in law came to visit us in CA from NJ and I accompanied him in his rental car as a navigator. Everytime I told him to take left, he rapidly changed lanes from left to right and made a right turn. . I could not understand why he did that untill he told me about those jug handles.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This impressive thread is aiming to rival "Cupholder" for silliest forum conversation. It started out being about front license plates but has morphed into a discussion of the socioeconomic aspects of full serve gas. Good work, folks. Keep it up.

My personal hatred of full serve gas is that some of them still try to top off the tank, and next think you know you've got gas running down the side of your sweet ride. To add insult to injury, you still have to pay for that runoff gas.

I hate front license plates, but Maryland is another tax-me! tax-me! state that has both. I think it gives the prisoners some more work to do.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two reasons for front plates:

1. CT issued new, light colored front plates to better reflect police laser (hard to get a reading off black cars otherwise).
2. NY cops complained they did not want to walk behind angle parked cars to get the license number.

Both reasons suck for car lovers, but law makers listen to the police.