Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Dings at a BBQ this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Dings at a BBQ this weekend

Two buddies of mine invited me to their friends BBQ on the 4th.

I offered to drive and we left. Got there and had a good time, had some good food too. I stayed away from drinking, but the host didn't.

When we where getting ready to leave the host walked us to my car. One of my buddies said to the host "sit inside and check out this car". He said no he had to run, and my buddy said "it'll only take a minute, this car in incredible".

Out of nowhere, the host picked my buddy up with a bear grip, fooling around and banged him into my car twice.

I was amazed and couldn't figure out what was wrong with him except that he was drunk. The host had a reputation for being a tough guy. I started yelling and he said don't worry nothing happened to the car.

My buddies decided to have a cigarette before they got in and i got out to look at that side of the car. And there they where. 2 spots on the car had the dust and dirt wiped away and i had 2 dings.

1 on the rear passenger side door, and 1 on the rear passenger back panel. Right on the body line crease. I flipped out and the ass who did said it must have been there, he didn't do it. I told him the car was only 12 days old and i no those marks where no there.
He then told me sorry, but he had no money to pay for that and started to make jokes.

It took a lot of restraint not flip out in front of his family. I wanted to go over to his Harley and flip it over, or ding his tank on the harley. But just walked away. My innocent buddy who got slammed into the car offered to pay for it. I'm not so much upset about the $$ as I am for this guys complete lack of respect for someone else's property. And i'm worried about the ding that's right on the crease. This ruined my whole weekend.

I'll put up some pics of it tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:36 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sucks man... i hate it when someone just does something so stupid.. like when ever someone sees a parked car with spinners and decides, "Hey let me spinn them... " I say DONT TOUCH IT. but hope you get it fixed... But maybe,... since this guy works there "Host" you should pass by and flip his bike over.. lol.. :sqntfawk:
Old 07-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Safety Car

dude that sucks man sorry to hear about your misfortune. was the paint chipped in any of the 2 dings? if not you can go to a painteless dent removal place and have it knocked out. i have used one before for a ding and it came out perfect.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:11 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear that. As caball88 said get it to paintless dents. Wash the car clean first to see what have happened and then see if the paint is chipped? Were your buddy who bumped into had Jeans on? The rivetts (?) are very bad for the car paint. Other day I asked one of my friend not to lean on my car while talking out side with him and he was offended. But he was wearing jeans and I did'nt want any scratch on my NBP.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Intermediate

Luckily, there where no scratches, just 2 dimples, But i'm worried about the one on crease of the rear quater panel
Old 07-06-2004, 03:26 AM
Drifting

Tell him to sell his bike to pay for the damages. Do something quick before all details are forgotten.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:08 AM
Intermediate

Time for someone to be served some papers for small claims court!
Old 07-06-2004, 06:46 AM
Drifting

don't let this slide....if he has a Harley...he's got money..no matter what he says.....serve him papers in small claims court if he refuses to pay...it's not that expensive to file the paperwork, and the people who work in the courthouse will help you fill out the forms. I've done it in the past, and it takes like 30 minutes, and when he gets served, he'll most likely cough up the money..it's amazing how fast people find money when they're facing court action.....FOLLOW UP ON THIS!!!...don't let this idiot get away with damaging your car, friend or not.....if he were a friend...he would have offered to pay...so loosing a "friend" like this is no loss. Let us all know how it turns out....that sucks!!
Old 07-06-2004, 07:00 AM
Team Anthracite Member

It just kills me that people do this. Why would anyone be so stupid to lean on what is obviously a brand new car - is it rudeness, stupidity? - people just don't think. Had a friend helping me at the house doing landscaping etc. - he was about to prance right on in across the carpet if I did not grab his arm and say Hey man - your boots - please take them off. I guess a lot of people just don't care.

Originally Posted by joganjani
Sorry to hear that. As caball88 said get it to paintless dents. Wash the car clean first to see what have happened and then see if the paint is chipped? Were your buddy who bumped into had Jeans on? The rivetts (?) are very bad for the car paint. Other day I asked one of my friend not to lean on my car while talking out side with him and he was offended. But he was wearing jeans and I did'nt want any scratch on my NBP.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:38 AM
Instructor

Damn, with friends like that ..................
Old 07-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JetJock
don't let this slide....if he has a Harley...he's got money..no matter what he says.....serve him papers in small claims court if he refuses to pay...it's not that expensive to file the paperwork, and the people who work in the courthouse will help you fill out the forms. I've done it in the past, and it takes like 30 minutes, and when he gets served, he'll most likely cough up the money..it's amazing how fast people find money when they're facing court action.....FOLLOW UP ON THIS!!!...don't let this idiot get away with damaging your car, friend or not.....if he were a friend...he would have offered to pay...so loosing a "friend" like this is no loss. Let us all know how it turns out....that sucks!!

I was thinking along those lines . He's got the harley but it's financed big time, the guy who was a friend, says the dude financed it for so long, he's gonna wind up paying double for the bike. Going to call the paintless dent places today and make an appt.

the innocent guy said he would cover it, but i'd rather teach the a**hole a lesson on respecting people's property.

Thanks for the support!
Old 07-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by TBone2004
It just kills me that people do this. Why would anyone be so stupid to lean on what is obviously a brand new car - is it rudeness, stupidity? - people just don't think. Had a friend helping me at the house doing landscaping etc. - he was about to prance right on in across the carpet if I did not grab his arm and say Hey man - your boots - please take them off. I guess a lot of people just don't care.
Slightly off topic, but I know exactly what people are saying about leaning on cars and such. I have a *huge* friend (6'6, ~500 pounds). He leans on anything in sight, and if we're ina parking lot that means cars. I told him long ago dont lean on my car (it was a ranger then, still don't care.) People like him simply have no respect for things, and if you look at his car its proof. McDonalds garbage packed to the ceiling of the car (no joke), filthy, scratched exterior. These are people who don't give a crap about their own stuff, and are totally shocked when other people (me) DO care about our stuff.

Back to topic: If this guy is at all a friend, you might tell him that you need the money to fix your car. He has a harley, chances are he does respect his own stuff -- he just knows he did something stupid and can't afford to take responsibility for it. It might be quicker to tell him you have witnesses and will be taking legal action if he doesn't want to settle this now. If he's not a friend, then maybe its not even worth bothering with doing that; as someone said just jump straight to the paperwork.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:22 PM
acurazine sucks

Do it

I don't contribute a lot to this board, but something like this just drives me nuts. I had a similar thing happen to me years ago with my brand new Jetta GLI. It was a friend who was very down and out and one of his kids did it. He offered to pay but I couldn't take his money. I felt as bad for him as I did about the car. He was really embarrassed. It took a lot for him to offer to pay.

HOWEVER... it sounds like this drunk butthole is due for a lesson in integrity and responsibility. I wouldn't let him get away with it. (Not that it's really any of my business, I guess.) I'd send him a letter and explicitly make your point. If you have a friend who's an attorney, ask him to mail him a "demand letter".

If you don't get a reply within two weeks, I'd consider small claims court.

Good luck. Ed