Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 days later, I still love this car!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 02:58 PM
Team Anthracite Peon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 days later, I still love this car!

Picked up my Anthracite/Ebony 5AT with Navi (plus lip spoiler and splash guards) on March 19th - one week ahead of scheduled delivery! FYI, I traded in my 02 Type-S non-nav for this car.

The car is rock solid. The interior is much improved over my last car, and I absolutely love the exterior. Very glad I went with the lip spoiler, as it gives it a nice sporty (but not over-the-top) look. I'm SOOOO glad I went with the Navi as well, as I debated whether it was worth the extra $$. For those of you debating this same issue, GET THE NAV. The functionality is awesome, plus the voice commands work very well. Not to mention, I thought the non-navi dash just didn't look right. (please don't flame me, all you non-navi owners. )

And don't get me started on the Hands-Free Link. I went out and ordered a new Sprint SE T608 after I ordered the car. Got it all linked up the day I got the car, and as I'm driving home from the dealership, the stereo mutes and the phone rings. I hit the button and I'm suddenly talking to my wife without having to deal with the phone. Way cool!!

Day 5, I got my windows tinted 35%. It looks damn sharp. Getting lots of looks now, even from some Bimmer and Audi drivers.

Days 6-8, I took it on it's first road trip. Ran smooth as silk...but had a hard time keeping it under 80mph. This car likes to go go go.

There are a few negative things...got a flat tire yesterday (day 11) and by the time I could pull off the road (rush hour), it was toast. Called around and found ONE available EL42 in the state of Washington (so says Bridgestone). And guess how much I had to pay? $260!! For a tire I'm not all that crazy about!! Maybe I should have just went and gotten a new set of Michelin Pilots, but wasn't wanting to part with that much cash. I will say, if I have one more problem with these tires, they are gone.

Also, have an annoying rattle coming from the rear...possibly underneath the rear deck. All I need is rough road or certain bass levels and it start making noise. Not good. Occassionaly the passenger door rattles a bit too, during certain songs. Weird. Hoping the dealer will fix both when I take it in next time.

All in all though, this car is so sweet. I loved my 02 Type-S, but this one puts it to shame in every aspect. OK, enough of my raving and ranting. Just wanted to share my comments.

-X-
Old 03-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Xerxes480
There are a few negative things...got a flat tire yesterday (day 11) and by the time I could pull off the road (rush hour), it was toast. Called around and found ONE available EL42 in the state of Washington (so says Bridgestone). And guess how much I had to pay? $260!! For a tire I'm not all that crazy about!! Maybe I should have just went and gotten a new set of Michelin Pilots, but wasn't wanting to part with that much cash. I will say, if I have one more problem with these tires, they are gone.

Also, have an annoying rattle coming from the rear...possibly underneath the rear deck. All I need is rough road or certain bass levels and it start making noise. Not good. Occassionaly the passenger door rattles a bit too, during certain songs. Weird. Hoping the dealer will fix both when I take it in next time.

-X-
I have mine 28 days and 4 have been at the dealer, I am hating mine. Join the club tires and rattles are common issues. My car is in shop last 2 days as they try to fix the constant and annoying buzzing from back deck under moderate bass (only 8-10 on volume level), head liner and passanger door. Headliner squeaking is another big issue, they are trying to fix mine for the second time as well as the back deck. I have never had a car with so many minor annoyances! Acura customer service sucks, the dealer is decent, but out of his league with the squeaks and rattles.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:29 PM
100k miles club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but had a hard time keeping it under 80mph. This car likes to go go go.
totally agree, i've had the car for 4 days and i'm breaking it in. there have been a handful of times i took off and had it go over 4000 rpm and drove past 70mph. i'm waiting til 1200 miles till i go a little faster but dang it's so tempting.

as for problems, none and hope i don't see any either. feel bad that there is one too many post that describes problems, but it seems that acura is taking care of them, well at least that's what i read on some post.

good luck to yall
Old 03-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by w1n78
totally agree, i've had the car for 4 days and i'm breaking it in. there have been a handful of times i took off and had it go over 4000 rpm and drove past 70mph. i'm waiting til 1200 miles till i go a little faster but dang it's so tempting.good luck to yall
My car really started breaking in aroun 900 miles you could feel the engine rev more freely. It really feels good now, that is when I have it and it is no in the shop. Hopefully Friday with new LS-Z tires it will eb like a new new car!