Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 TL-S Car Cover Question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 11:58 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 TL-S Car Cover Question...

Should I just by the factory TL-S car cover or go with an aftermarket brand, such as Covercraft and Block-It? Let me know guys...my new job has an outdoor parking lot so I now need a cover...

Covercraft's WeatherShield and WeatherShield HD are super expensive... At least Block-It's NOAH and Evolution (Technalon) is about the same as the factory TL cover...

Here's a link: Carbytes (click on custom fit)
Old 08-05-2007, 03:24 AM
Instructor

I have the factory car cover and works really well blocking out rain and another reason is that it's 'fits' the car exactly so there's no extra baggage around the areas that don't fit.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:58 AM
Pro

https://acurazine.com/forums/technology-16/anybody-have-v620-yet-164112/

I am really impressed with the quality of the TL car cover. Here is the thread shows some pics of it. I really like the fact that it has a locking cable on it. Fits excellent too. Oh and you gotta love that i says TL on the front. All of my soldiers were joking with me before we deployed that if anyone breaks into that motorpool and wants to steal a car they will know which one to take.. Great car cover IMO
Old 08-05-2007, 09:56 AM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

The acura car cover works great, i put it on my car everyday at work to keep it out of the florida sun! Ive also washed it several times and it still holds up great.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:39 AM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Definitely nice to have the TL logo on the cover, but Covercraft's (Block-It) NOAH protects your car from dings, apparently... Is the TL car cover machine washable via a home washer or requires a commercial washer??
Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm sure the Acura car cover is good. I have an 02 Accord with the Honda car cover, I'm sure they're using the same manufacturer.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:38 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

Originally Posted by dtech
Definitely nice to have the TL logo on the cover, but Covercraft's (Block-It) NOAH protects your car from dings, apparently... Is the TL car cover machine washable via a home washer or requires a commercial washer??
Its too big and heavy for a home washer, the washing directions say to use a commercial washer.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Should I just by the factory TL-S car cover or go with an aftermarket brand, such as Covercraft and Block-It? Let me know guys...my new job has an outdoor parking lot so I now need a cover...

Covercraft's WeatherShield and WeatherShield HD are super expensive... At least Block-It's NOAH and Evolution (Technalon) is about the same as the factory TL cover...

Here's a link: Carbytes (click on custom fit)

I found the OEM TL cover on eBay a while back. Made the guy an offer of $75.00 shipped and it was mine. It's great - it was used a couple times (so he says) and it was in perfect 100% clean condition. Looked like it was brand new..........

I use it on occasion - after a day of cleaning - waxing - or when I know I won't be using the car for a day or so.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:56 AM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Well, what prompt me to look for a car cover was my new job...I no longer have the luxury of parking it in a parking structure...my car is now out in the open getting handled by whatever the day brings, therefore, need a good quality 'outdoor' car cover for exterior and interior protection. I mean, for the money, I feel that Covercraft's Block-It NOAH is a good choice, but I don't know if that's going overboard...having to deal with it every single day would be a pain in the ass...

Are the factory covers designed for outdoor use??
Old 08-07-2007, 06:26 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

I put mine on everyday at work, it takes less than 2 minutes to put it on. The car cover sits on the car in the hot sun, and now since it is summer rain also. I do notice after it rains that the car cover leaves a dirty residue on the car, but my car gets dirty in the rain anyways. The cover also dries pretty quickly. Then when i get off work and go to my car i just roll it up put it in the carrying bag and in my trunk!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 AM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Originally Posted by Xx06SickspdTlxX
I put mine on everyday at work, it takes less than 2 minutes to put it on. The car cover sits on the car in the hot sun, and now since it is summer rain also. I do notice after it rains that the car cover leaves a dirty residue on the car, but my car gets dirty in the rain anyways. The cover also dries pretty quickly. Then when i get off work and go to my car i just roll it up put it in the carrying bag and in my trunk!
Do you use the lock too?? I mean, I park in a gated corporate premises, but you never know which hater might get desperate one day... lol! I think I'll go witht he NOAH from Covercraft... based on this: Covercraft Fabric Guide
Old 08-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Drifting

I've used car covers for years on several cars. They work great when the car is clean, but putting a cover on a car with even a small layer of dust or dirt will do more damage than not using the cover. Even a slight breeze, the motion of the cloth over the dirty paint will scratch the paint. It's horrible on a black car, less obvioius on white. I use my cover indoors during the winter when I'm not driving the car for several weeks. Always make sure the car is freshly washed before using a cover. If you use the cover on a dirty car, then the cover has to be washed before using it again. Think about this before you decide to get a car cover.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a covercraft

I just purchased a covercraft weathershield cover for my TL-S. I used a Noah cover on my previous car. Noah was nice, but a) it couldn't be washed at home and b) the Houston heat a humidity ultimately caused the material to deteriorate so much that it left a layer of "powder" on my car every time I used it. The noah cover lasted about 2 years of daily use in Houston.

So far very happy with covercravt, but it is expensive....

Alan
Old 08-09-2007, 12:46 AM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Originally Posted by amaupin
I just purchased a covercraft weathershield cover for my TL-S. I used a Noah cover on my previous car. Noah was nice, but a) it couldn't be washed at home and b) the Houston heat a humidity ultimately caused the material to deteriorate so much that it left a layer of "powder" on my car every time I used it. The noah cover lasted about 2 years of daily use in Houston.

So far very happy with covercravt, but it is expensive....

Alan
Amaupin, you think I should just go with weathershield since it's easily washable at a home washer, as well as it taking up little space in the trunk? How about the lock? Is it a pain in the ass to lock it on a daily basis? Thanks for your feedback!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Cruisin'

I never lock mine, so I don't know about the lock. After years of using a car cover, I think being able to wash it and dry it at home is huge. Often in Houston, my car cover (Noah) would get soaked in the many rain showers we have. That was always a pain because 1. Noah absorbs lots of water, 2. I couldn't dry it in the dryer at all (not supposed to dry noah), so I would have to spread it out on a wet, dirty car to dry.

With weathershied you can wash and dry in home machines, it was a no brainer for me in Houston. I guess it depnds on your circumstances though.

Just another tidbit (this in and of itself wouldn't stop me from buying Noah) - A guy I ride the bus with had a Noah cover for his BMW Z4. Nice car...., anyway we arrived at the park and ride in the evening and it had rained. Car covers were soaked. He threw his in the trunk and went on his way. Turns out his stereo amps are under the trunk deck. Anyway, you can guess what happened. Water leaked out down into trunk and shorted out his stereo amps. He doesn't use a car cover anymore.

Alan
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 AM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

Okay, I guess it all boils down to the Weathershield and Factory cover...

Do you dust your car prior to using the cover? Sorry for the annoying questions...I just want to be sure before shelling out $350 for a car cover...
Old 08-09-2007, 06:01 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

I use mine everday and i drive my car in the rain and then put the cover on the next day at work with the car dirty, i put it on very carefully trying not to drag the cover across the paint, i havent had any scratches using the cover for about 8 months now on my nbp.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Xx06SickspdTlxX
I use mine everday and i drive my car in the rain and then put the cover on the next day at work with the car dirty, i put it on very carefully trying not to drag the cover across the paint, i havent had any scratches using the cover for about 8 months now on my nbp.
I'm glad you never got scratches...especially with NBP. I think you're very lucky to live in Naples where the air is fairly clean. I've had 3 different car covers, 1 for a NBP Acura, 1 for an Audi, another for my TL. I got swirl marks on every car except the TL because I finally learned what was causing the swirls on the other cars. Now, I only use it when the paint feels clean to the "touch". If it feels gritty or dirty...I won't use it. I also use a California Duster....it works great unless the dirt has "set" on the paint. With a clean, freshly Zainoed car...the Cal Duster literally takes every speck of dust from the paint. It takes less than 3 minutes to dust the car....then I'll put the cover on. The air in the NE USA is loaded with particulate matter....mostly sticky carbon based particles from truck exhaust...and also from construction dust since there is always new construction somewhere. That stuff is the worst...it's like sandpaper on the paint.

Car Covers are great....they'll keep your interior from fading...but you just have to be carefull with the paint...especially when it's very windy outside causing the cover to blow around rubbing the paint. Make sure the cover fits properly. I'm using a California Car Cover...with the superweave fabric...It's great and machine washable. The Acura cover is nice too...and it fits great. Good Luck!!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Cruisin'

I don't dust my car before putting the cover on. I just wash it every weekend, or at least use a quick detailer to wipe it down. I haven't had a problem with scratches, but my car is silver so I wouldn't expect it to show much.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:53 PM
'07 TL Type-S 5A/T

My friend thinks it's a waste to buy a car cover for a leased vehicle...especially because I'm not purchasing it when the term is up in 2010. Darn it, I need to decide real soon...
Old 08-10-2007, 05:02 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

My friend thinks it's a waste to buy a car cover for a leased vehicle...especially because I'm not purchasing it when the term is up in 2010. Darn it, I need to decide real soon...
Hell i probably wouldnt care about my car if it was leased, but i financed mine and hope to keep it for a little while. Its all up to you to buy the cover or not, but i would have to agree with your friend!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:29 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Hhhmmm... will this cover fit a Subaru STI? Please let me know...
Old 08-17-2007, 12:00 PM
NDe
Intermediate

Hmm, I got my no-brander on Ebay for $20. I use it almost everyday. I parked my car under the sun for about 10 hours each day (with the cover on) in the middle of desert here in LA or Riverside. Had it for almost 7 months, still works great.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ok i have the 2007 acura tl type s and i just got the acura car cover for my car.if i'm driving the car and it starts to rain then i'm going to park it can i put the cover on a wet car or do i have to dry the car off?thanks p.s. i park the car indoors with the cover on lots of dust in there.