Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07-'08 Base TL unpopular?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:01 AM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by blee007
wow i LOVE how active and helpful this forum is!!! you guys have really given me a lot of help! I have decided to join the group buy of aspec kit by Ack hahaha

As per lowering...i'll leave that for next year!!! Gotta save money for living expenses when im back to school!

How many mods have you guys done on your first year of buying ur new baby?
My first 2 months I had my windows tinted and I put in a system. 4 months after that I started browsing this site which led to an intake, rims, clearing headlights, exhaust, more rims, rv6 cat deletes, and now I've lost track
Old 02-11-2012, 08:05 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
let's see....on day 2 of ownership the roof rack went on. then it was the CAI after 4 months (my brother was already modding the car before i bought it). at 13 months i bought new wheels and tires. after that...LOOOONNNNGGGGG hiatus. pursuig other interests and paying the car off. year 5= new wheels by default since the asshats at the tire shop damaged the last set (ie FREE replacment and upgrade!!). year 6= suspension, RSB, tint, LED lighting, and major OCD (obsessive compulsive detailing) bug hit...plans for year 7= a performance mod and a for looks mod

OP- depends on how much expendable income you have to throw at your car. nothing we do to mod the car will enhance the resale value anyway. it's mostly for our own tastes. it's a hobby. we do it b/c we like to do it. it makes our car ownership experience that much more enjoyable. good luck...keep hanging out on AZ and your wallet will become a lot lighter.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
you dont need any. just keep it og
Old 02-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
let's see....on day 2 of ownership the roof rack went on. then it was the CAI after 4 months (my brother was already modding the car before i bought it). at 13 months i bought new wheels and tires. after that...LOOOONNNNGGGGG hiatus. pursuig other interests and paying the car off. year 5= new wheels by default since the asshats at the tire shop damaged the last set (ie FREE replacment and upgrade!!). year 6= suspension, RSB, tint, LED lighting, and major OCD (obsessive compulsive detailing) bug hit...plans for year 7= a performance mod and a for looks mod

OP- depends on how much expendable income you have to throw at your car. nothing we do to mod the car will enhance the resale value anyway. it's mostly for our own tastes. it's a hobby. we do it b/c we like to do it. it makes our car ownership experience that much more enjoyable. good luck...keep hanging out on AZ and your wallet will become a lot lighter.
haha! did you install any of those mods by yourself? I really want to do my headlights and tail lights but im afraid that im gonna f something up...
Old 02-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
I like my 08 base. Would I have liked a Type S....hell yeh. But I could not find one that I could afford. The base TL works just fine for me.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:27 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by blee007
haha! did you install any of those mods by yourself? I really want to do my headlights and tail lights but im afraid that im gonna f something up...
hmmm...my brother and i (i mostly helped...it is my car afterall) installed the CAI, the roof rack, the suspension, the RSB, swapped out the first set of rims...i did my LEDs myself-basic interior, reverse lights and the license plate lights (with a little reading on here ) on my TL and the MDX. the detailing...that's all me. installed the running boards and the hitch on the MDX with a set of extra hands and muscle around. gonna add the roof rails eventually to complete the MDX. i can pretty much install and uninstall a roof rack with a little help.

my brother tinkers with his cars all the time...i always help when it comes to playing with my cars. i always try and read up on AZ (the DIYs) to help me understand what is involved...my brother would rather dive in and start taking things apart without reading over all the details.

just take your time when you are doing something new. if you're taking bumpers and stuff off...have an extra set of hands around and a blanket so you dont' scratch anything. also...expect random stuff not to cooperate or break. its bound to happen when modding anything. oh and a few f-bombs thrown at the car.

Last edited by TLtrigirl; 02-11-2012 at 05:30 PM.