3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Should we shut this thread down?
Yes
73.33%
No
26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

06' TL vs. 06' Pontiac GTO

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
This thread is bigtime gay.

I looked at the GTO and passed because it was not a four door...

They are both great cars, and most of the folks bashing the GTO have no idea how fast they are, or how nice the interiors are. Go look at some pics before some of you dummies post again. The GTO interior compares very favorably to the TL, but the TL interior is still better.
You're right about some of the people that are passing judgment without experiencing both cars first hand.

However I will go out and say again that the interior of the GTO is nice for GM standards but it's not comparable to Acura or Lexus, PERIOD.

These two cars shouldnt be cross shopped because they are nothing like the other, end of story.

It doesnt go any further if we dont let it.

Stupid.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
@ the poll.....
Old 12-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I just got word from the rest of the world. They are laughing at all of you.

Dumbest fvcking comparison and arguments...

When you guys are done with this one, I got another topic for you to cry about -- the offroad capability of the TL versus the Hummer H1 Alpha. Makes just as much sense as this thread.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
I just got word from the rest of the world. They are laughing at all of you.

Dumbest fvcking comparison and arguments...

When you guys are done with this one, I got another topic for you to cry about -- the offroad capability of the TL versus the Hummer H1 Alpha. Makes just as much sense as this thread.
Dude, you don't know what you're talking about... My TL is a WAAAY better rock crawler than any Hummer H1!

jk - take it easy. Let's just kick back with a

OH, and I voted to close this thread
Old 12-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$27,988 is the red tag price I've seen at Gay Pontiac in Dickinson TX, just south of Houston.

I actually considered this and even drove one. My car before TL was 2001 WS6.

My Observations:

400 HP is bad ass, but it honestly didn't feel that much faster 0-60 (I know it was, just didn't feel it -- at least not enough to warrant giving up all the amenities I have).

I couldn't live without DVD-A, I have done the 99 song DVD creation and it is awesome having 600 song CD changer in dash with ultimate sound.

TL Beats GTO in smoothness, refinement, comfort (waiting 15 seconds for the seat to move to get into the rear of GTO? cmon?), roomyness.

One year from now, I think my 2004 three-year-old TL will be worth more than the 2005/6 one-year-old GTO.

Service -- as bad as you think Acura may or may not be, dealing with the service guys at the Pontiac Stealership is worse. Much worse.

Although parts will be available for the GTO's LS2 (corvette) engine, GTO-specific parts may be hard to get since they come from down under (confirmed by service department).
Old 12-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
@ the poll.....
Who put that there? Don't tell me you're laughing at your own handy work? Either way, it's time to shut her down.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Who put that there? Don't tell me you're laughing at your own handy work? Either way, it's time to shut her down.

uhh....no Im not laughing at my own handy work. Nice sense of humor you got there chill_dog.

For your information people were still chiming in. So I decided to let it go. Sometimes threads die on there own, unless people like you bump it with your opinions on shutting it. They dont always need mods to come in and shut it just because you may think so....

I or any other mod will shut the damn thread down when we are ready thank you..........jeezz!!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Mud Man

Please dont shut this thread down. Its all I have to read at work that makes me laugh. i love reading others childish comments. It makes my day at work that much more enjoyable.

BEN
Old 12-10-2005, 07:47 AM
7th Gear

Wow! WTF happened here while I haven't been around?? Anyhow, to all the people talking shit about this being a stupid comparison blah blah...why's that? I just meant that these are two cars that I'm shopping. I wasn't saying that they're similar cars. Are you guys retarded? Where in hell do I say that they're similar cars? So a guy can't post a thread on a forum, regarding two cars that he's shopping? Yeah, I could have very well said TL vs. Hummer H2, but what's wrong with that? All I wanted to know was if anyone had any experiences with the two vehicles, and if anyone could offer advice. That was all.

So for those of you who decided to talk shit on a forum, to a newcomer, you guys are garbage. It was just a simple question.

If you read the original post and actually COMPREHEND it, you'll see what I mean. If you do know how to comprehend.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by mazedout
Wow! WTF happened here while I haven't been around?? Anyhow, to all the people talking shit about this being a stupid comparison blah blah...why's that? I just meant that these are two cars that I'm shopping. I wasn't saying that they're similar cars. Are you guys retarded? Where in hell do I say that they're similar cars? So a guy can't post a thread on a forum, regarding two cars that he's shopping? Yeah, I could have very well said TL vs. Hummer H2, but what's wrong with that? All I wanted to know was if anyone had any experiences with the two vehicles, and if anyone could offer advice. That was all.

So for those of you who decided to talk shit on a forum, to a newcomer, you guys are garbage. It was just a simple question.

If you read the original post and actually COMPREHEND it, you'll see what I mean. If you do know how to comprehend.
you know I started reading your reply and agreed with you till you asked if we are retarded. the last thing you need to do on an internet forum is take this personal and you did. I kept this open for you because some people did actually give you some good responses. but you took the route and call the rest garbage. be careful what you say on here my friend.

this thread is dead........thanks for comin, buh-bye....