Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Battery and Tranny Flush

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Battery and Tranny Flush

Just brought my stock 06TL (33,000 miles, almost 2 years old) in for a dealer A-1 oil change and ended up with the following 2 issues:

1) They asked if I wanted the 30,000 mile maintenance performed - I had already changed out my air filter and cabin filter myself so I asked what else was involved and they said checking/adding brake fluid (I can do that) and a tranny flush (costs $180 by itself) - with all of the previous concerns over the TL's automatic transmissions, has anyone done this or have any information whether this is worth it ??- I have never flusghed a transmission and I jhave little desire to start.

2) While paying for the oil change they also told me they replaced the battery because of a "minimum voltage reading" as part of their checks on all cars in the shop - warranty covered the cost but I've never replaced a battery under 4 years in any car I ahve owned - is the battery a common issue, especailly after jsut 2 years.

any comments or thoughts would be apprecaited
Old 08-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Over Caffeinated

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cajunsteve
Just brought my stock 06TL (33,000 miles, almost 2 years old) in for a dealer A-1 oil change and ended up with the following 2 issues:

1) They asked if I wanted the 30,000 mile maintenance performed - I had already changed out my air filter and cabin filter myself so I asked what else was involved and they said checking/adding brake fluid (I can do that) and a tranny flush (costs $180 by itself) - with all of the previous concerns over the TL's automatic transmissions, has anyone done this or have any information whether this is worth it ??- I have never flusghed a transmission and I jhave little desire to start.

2) While paying for the oil change they also told me they replaced the battery because of a "minimum voltage reading" as part of their checks on all cars in the shop - warranty covered the cost but I've never replaced a battery under 4 years in any car I ahve owned - is the battery a common issue, especailly after jsut 2 years.

any comments or thoughts would be apprecaited
Can't comment on the transmixer, hope I have no issues with mine

On the other hand, batteries suck - at least in central Florida. I've gotten to the point where I only expect them to last 2 years and after than, it's gravy. My experience includes different brands in different vehicles. What I really like about batteries is how they just seem to quit out of the blue.

At least you got yours under warranty.

BTW, have you looked at the prices for Optima batteries?? I was in the auto store the other day and just happened to notice them... $194! Must have gold conductors internally.

Good luck,
Steve
Old 08-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i'm on my 4th tranny flush - i drive a bit hard and the way i used the ss to revv match isn't too great for the transmission, so i try and do the tranny flush frequently. she has a healthy shift every single time. 180 sounds about right for the full flush. as for a battery, get an optima; you won't regret it. acura batteries are HORRIBLE, trust me. -_-
Old 08-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not just change 3 quarts of ATF Z-1 at each oil change and pocket the savings?