03 AV6 5AT vs 03-04 G35 Coupe 5AT

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009 | 06:59 PM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

03 AV6 5AT vs 03-04 G35 Coupe 5AT

I just had 2 great encounters with this white 03-04 Stock G35 Coupe 5AT during lunch today. I am not sure what year it is exactly but it had the 17" wheels that come on the 03-04 G35 Sedan and I think in 05 Infiniti Changed out that style. Correct me if I am wrong though!! Well anyway about the races........

I noticed a white G35 coupe in my rearview mirror coming up on my left fast. This is a 3 lane divided highway road that we are on with lots of wide open space just to give you an idea. The light in front of us turns red and of course him and I are lined up. I was just guessing he was going to get on it so I made sure I was ready! I see him start to creep as the opposing light turned yellow. Of course he sees me do the same thing! So the light goes green and we are off! I get a much better reaction time than he did and he had his A/C on so needless to say I get a pretty good jump on him out of the whole shot and end up taking him by 2-3 cars + to 60MPH. Well that wasn't going to cut it for me do to the race not really being a race since he didn't get a good start and he had his A/C on. Well the next stop light comes up and sure enough we are next to eachother. Well this time he rolls down his window and says my a/c is off now! Well I was happy to know he wanted to run again! This race was great! Light goes green and we are both off! We are dead even all through 1st gear except for when his auto upshifts to 2nd do to his gears being shorter. So when he upshifts I still am in 1st for another few MPH and at that point his front fender is at my side mirror. Second gear was much better for me and I pulled to where his front bumper was a half car behind my rear bumper. Where I really did my pulling again was on his upshift. I think the G auto tranny shifts around 60MPH or so in 2nd to 3rd where mine shifts just before 70MPH. Well we shut it down at about 80MPH or so where I was about 1 full car gap ahead! I was so extatic because not only did I beat the G but I didn't manual shift or turn off TCS which improves my acceleration! He didn't look at me at all and wouldn't return the thumbs up! I was perplexed by that! He was stock and I have just I/E. My pulley isn't installed yet so I can't wait for that to see what the difference will be! Hope this wasn't to long guys!

Later guys!

Last edited by SatinSilverAV6; 10-01-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2009 | 07:33 PM
Lead Footed

Ah, good fun . .

. . and of course he didn't want to acknowledge you . . . you just have a 'Honda' . . .

Ruf
Old 10-01-2009 | 11:50 PM
Safety Car

^ lol @ "you have a honda" puahahahah
G's are so over rated but in a good way
Old 10-02-2009 | 08:37 PM
3.2 Type S

wow i had no idea an accord could even keep up with a G. nice kill
Old 10-03-2009 | 11:45 AM
Under construction

Nice kill bro! I know that G driver was definitely surprised by the outcome lol way to smoke him
Old 10-03-2009 | 02:52 PM
Instructor

Good kill! I didnt know v6 accords can keep up with a g!
whats your 1/4 time?(if you ran before)
Old 10-03-2009 | 05:43 PM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

thanks guys! yeah he was definantly suprised. I was suprised too! I knew it would have been close but you never know.

Formuiaz: I have ran here at SIR in tucson. Ran a 15.3 with just intake. We are at 3075ft elevation and usually very hot conditions when the track is open. Seems to be about .7-.8 seconds slower than sea level from looking at what everybody runs against what they should run. A G35 auto ran 15.5 here when I ran 15.5. He trapped at 90.5 and me at 91.8MPH. I want to run at sea level though just to see! I should be around a 14.5@97+ at sea level or so.
Old 10-03-2009 | 06:13 PM
Getting it Done

dang bro great story, kept me at the edge of my computer chair. I'm surprised you beat him, well not really if my stock 2G TL-P can hang with an 01' 6MT 540i then your I/E should be very quick =P! Congratz I'd be crazy happy, hell I was crazy happy when I downed an 8th gen SI heeh.
Old 10-03-2009 | 07:39 PM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

Originally Posted by ineedmyfixofacura
dang bro great story, kept me at the edge of my computer chair. I'm surprised you beat him, well not really if my stock 2G TL-P can hang with an 01' 6MT 540i then your I/E should be very quick =P! Congratz I'd be crazy happy, hell I was crazy happy when I downed an 8th gen SI heeh.
haha thanks bro, glad you enjoyed it! I also enjoyed your downing of the SI. I saw the video I bet he was sad!lol

I am impressed you hung with the 540i!
Old 10-04-2009 | 05:24 AM
Under construction

Ok, you kept up with a 6MT 540i?? On a stock TL-P?? I don't see that happening.

I got wasted by one of those on the highway...he had about 2-3 cars on me by like 120mph.
Old 10-04-2009 | 07:24 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by alexSU

I got wasted by one of those on the highway...he had about 2-3 cars on me by like 120mph.
It can happen if the 540 driver isnt aware that a race is going on.
Old 10-04-2009 | 10:45 AM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

I don't see it happening either but we know there are many bad drivers out there! A 6MT 540i is a very low 14 second 1/4 mile vehicle but are beasts on the highway! You found out from experience!
Old 10-04-2009 | 10:47 AM
All motor

Originally Posted by damnboy37
It can happen if the 540 driver isnt aware that a race is going on.
Lol, true story. Otherwise, I couldn't see that happening in a stock TL-P.

Nice kill man. Those G's are really surprised when they see us Accords/TLs hangin with or beating them. And you should definitely be in the mid-ish 14s with those mods
Old 10-04-2009 | 10:52 AM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

Originally Posted by Sonnick

Nice kill man. Those G's are really surprised when they see us Accords/TLs hangin with or beating them. And you should definitely be in the mid-ish 14s with those mods
thanks man!
Old 10-04-2009 | 11:33 AM
Getting it Done

Highway^^ one thing BMW is true too, is top end speed unlike the TL's they are slow. Why would I be lieing lol there is no reason for it? It was a 25-75mph race.
Old 10-04-2009 | 11:53 AM
Under construction

Highway^^ one thing BMW is true too, is top end speed unlike the TL's they are slow. Why would I be lieing lol there is no reason for it? It was a 25-75mph race.
I didn't say you were lying. He must have been a horrible driver though Around town I'm sure the TL can hold it's own.
Old 10-04-2009 | 11:54 AM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

hey if I beat or hung with a 540i 6MT I would be happy too! its not the normal for you to beat one due to them being alot faster but a street race is a street race! I have beat faster cars than mine due to them not being able to drive the car to the full potential.
Old 10-04-2009 | 12:19 PM
Under construction

Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6
hey if I beat or hung with a 540i 6MT I would be happy too! its not the normal for you to beat one due to them being alot faster but a street race is a street race! I have beat faster cars than mine due to them not being able to drive the car to the full potential.

Very true! I smoked a E55 AMG to about 35mph cuz he couldn't get any traction lol then he pulled about 4 aircraft carriers on me!!
Old 10-04-2009 | 01:01 PM
Suzuka Master

BMW's are not slow on the top end. The V8's pull like freight trains at triple digit speeds.
Old 10-04-2009 | 01:02 PM
Under construction

Originally Posted by anx1300c
BMW's are not slow on the top end. The V8's pull like freight trains at triple digit speeds.

I think he meant to say TL's are slow on the top end
Old 10-04-2009 | 07:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by anx1300c
True,i doubt a tl-p can beat a 540i unless the bmw wasnt racing lol
Old 10-04-2009 | 08:02 PM
Instructor

thanks guys! yeah he was definantly suprised. I was suprised too! I knew it would have been close but you never know.

Formuiaz: I have ran here at SIR in tucson. Ran a 15.3 with just intake. We are at 3075ft elevation and usually very hot conditions when the track is open. Seems to be about .7-.8 seconds slower than sea level from looking at what everybody runs against what they should run. A G35 auto ran 15.5 here when I ran 15.5. He trapped at 90.5 and me at 91.8MPH. I want to run at sea level though just to see! I should be around a 14.5@97+ at sea level or so.
dam a 14.5 for an At av6?Hm i thought they were low 15's cars. but ya elevation plays a factor.
Old 10-04-2009 | 08:26 PM
Getting it Done

Ya, this was around town race, if the 540i was on the highway, I would of been DEAD. Also yeah my cousin is a crap shifter, he tries to rev match and only grinds the gears, freaking schmuck.
Old 10-04-2009 | 08:30 PM
Suzuka Master

I think he meant to say TL's are slow on the top end
Ahh....then it should've read:

"unlike the TL's that are slow"
Old 10-05-2009 | 06:48 AM
Car Enthusiast

Very true! I smoked a E55 AMG to about 35mph cuz he couldn't get any traction lol then he pulled about 4 aircraft carriers on me!!
heheh talking about traction, I got a souped up 2gen TL at a red light right before entering the hwy the other day on my 4wd. By the time I hit hwy speed, I was so many cars length ahead. OH and it was raining out. ... sorry for jacking the thread.
Old 10-05-2009 | 12:51 PM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

Originally Posted by FoRMuIaz
dam a 14.5 for an At av6?Hm i thought they were low 15's cars. but ya elevation plays a factor.
true that the AV6 auto is normally a low 15 second vehicle but I have I/E and am installing my UR pulley this week. So I should be in the mid 14's at sea level. Of course I won't know since I live in tucson! lol
Old 10-06-2009 | 12:07 AM
ShellZV6

lol deffinetly a nice kill i like hearing stories like this.. my friend has the same year G35 coupe and he would always talk trash about my car oo u got a POS honda and all this.. so one night he must have been bored and called me and was like bring ur lil honda out so i can beat it up and down the strip so i was like u know what fyne lets do this..lol mind u his G35 was manual and im automatic so i knew he would win but like ppl say ne thing can happen on the street.. so i go meet him we line up at a light and the light turns green and we go and i kill him about 2-3 car lengths on him.. he says i messed up go again i said ok. second time we went same result i killed him.. then he pulls along side and says no way thats BS blah blah.. i was like u just got spanked by a honda accord..lol.. and i also had I/E i think he was stock..

but i think infiniti ppl are so cocky with there cars like there the shit sometimes i hate it.. me and my sister were out in her TL and a G35 came flying passed her and slowed down to race she got at a light with him and they both took off and she smoked him..he at least pulled along side and said real nice car.. we were like we know..lol
Old 10-06-2009 | 07:14 AM
eat, sleep, NGC

Originally Posted by 07HONDATL
lol deffinetly a nice kill i like hearing stories like this.. my friend has the same year G35 coupe and he would always talk trash about my car oo u got a POS honda and all this.. so one night he must have been bored and called me and was like bring ur lil honda out so i can beat it up and down the strip so i was like u know what fyne lets do this..lol mind u his G35 was manual and im automatic so i knew he would win but like ppl say ne thing can happen on the street.. so i go meet him we line up at a light and the light turns green and we go and i kill him about 2-3 car lengths on him.. he says i messed up go again i said ok. second time we went same result i killed him.. then he pulls along side and says no way thats BS blah blah.. i was like u just got spanked by a honda accord..lol.. and i also had I/E i think he was stock..

but i think infiniti ppl are so cocky with there cars like there the shit sometimes i hate it.. me and my sister were out in her TL and a G35 came flying passed her and slowed down to race she got at a light with him and they both took off and she smoked him..he at least pulled along side and said real nice car.. we were like we know..lol
I look down at these drivers that everyone on here speak of. The G35/350z is at a price point where high schoolers can purchase it and make a fool of themselves. The club i'm part of consist of older more mature folks with the exception of me and handful that are under the age of 25.

A similar event happened to my club this past weekend. It was a joint cruise (G/Z's) on a mountain pass called skyline drive here in VA. From what people said, there were a few 350's (young owners and stock) that were passing/over taking other cars on corners and blindspots. One of the Z guys did a burn out as soon as they got passed the gate and immediately the park police was on them and eventually kicked them out before making it half way (100+ miles).

I hate to say it but the G/Z is the next civic/integra. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more and more of these stories with G/Z's
Old 10-06-2009 | 07:32 AM
Car Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nova_G
I look down at these drivers that everyone on here speak of. The G35/350z is at a price point where high schoolers can purchase it and make a fool of themselves. The club i'm part of consist of older more mature folks with the exception of me and handful that are under the age of 25.

I hate to say it but the G/Z is the next civic/integra. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more and more of these stories with G/Z's
Have to agree with you on this. I see them everywhere now and all are as young as high school kids.
Old 10-06-2009 | 10:48 AM
ShellZV6

yea i hear you there are actually where i live theres alot alot of young high skool kids with 350Z and G35 i know a couple of them and there just idiots...lol.. lol i had another run in with a some young kid in his 350Z the light was red so i was waiting to take off with him he punched it through a red light i was like umm should i go i dont wanna crash..lol so i waited for the light to turn then i hit it caught up to him and he was on the side of me and was like u cant catch me baby im like u went through a red light..lol
Old 10-06-2009 | 03:50 PM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

Originally Posted by 07HONDATL

haha nice! you sure showed that G35 owner that he needs to learn how to drive before he talks crap!!

Like you guys are saying there are way too many young punks driving these cars. They should all be in ford escorts!!

The guy that I beat was in his 40's! I was impressed that he was ready to go at it!
Old 10-06-2009 | 04:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Sonnick

Sonnick...when are you heading back to Etown again? My son is being a bit cocky and swears he'd never get beaten by any 7G Accord V6. I love my kid but I wouldn't mind seeing him get served some humble pie at the track.
Old 10-06-2009 | 05:11 PM
eat, sleep, NGC

Originally Posted by F23A4
Sonnick...when are you heading back to Etown again? My son is being a bit cocky and swears he'd never get beaten by any 7G Accord V6. I love my kid but I wouldn't mind seeing him get served some humble pie at the track.
bad parent! LOL jk jk
Old 10-06-2009 | 05:49 PM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

lol love it!! What a great drivers race that would be!! Your son's best is a 14.1 right? Sonnicks best is a 14.0! what a race that would be!! Sonnick trapped over 100 though. What did your son trap?
Old 10-06-2009 | 07:37 PM
Senior Moderator

lol love it!! What a great drivers race that would be!! Your son's best is a 14.1 right? Sonnicks best is a 14.0! what a race that would be!! Sonnick trapped over 100 though. What did your son trap?
14.1 @ 99 mph. While he now knows not to sleep on the TL-S 6MT and the new AV6 6MT, he gives little respect to the 7G AV6 6MT despite Sonnick's best time.
Old 10-06-2009 | 08:31 PM
All motor

Oh babyyyy

Haha. I'm not sure exactly when, but 100% before they close. I am not letting another year go by with me not breaking 13s. It had the potential then and certainly does now. However, when I go I will be sure to let you know! I would love to race your son, I think it'd be an extremely close race! Not many people give the 7th gen respect until they see what it can do I'm sure he experiences the same with the Altima. I'm always down for a friendly competitive race.
Old 10-06-2009 | 09:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Sidenote: He also spends an inordinate amount of time in Queens so, if you see a dark blue 05 Nissan Altima 3.5SE w/blackout windows, HIDs, yellow fogs and Jersey tags then that's probably him.
Old 10-06-2009 | 09:28 PM
Under construction

^Oh man I'd love to race that Altima SE-R!! Damn too bad I'm in NC his time is awesome, is that what they normally run or is his modded?
Old 10-07-2009 | 11:30 AM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

14.1 @ 99 mph. While he now knows not to sleep on the TL-S 6MT and the new AV6 6MT, he gives little respect to the 7G AV6 6MT despite Sonnick's best time.
it could go either way. Looking forward to hearing the outcome
Old 10-09-2009 | 01:51 PM
Burning Brakes

You guys are amusing. Your experience with G owners is the EXACT experience I have with the TL owners, especially 2nd gen owners. Lots of kids own 2nd and 3rd gen TLs because you can pick them up for less than $14K now. I've had numerous encounters with TL owners darting through traffic to catch up to me and run. They try to egg me on, but I won't bite. I ask what their car runs and they reply back that they've never been to the strip. Big surprise. I tell them to get on this site and we'll set a date at KCIR or the auto-x and then we'll see they can REALLY do against me. I have yet to find one to put his money where his mouth is.

Quick Reply: 03 AV6 5AT vs 03-04 G35 Coupe 5AT